Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Profile for Michael Killion > Reviews

Browse

Michael Killion's Profile

Customer Reviews: 113

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael Killion RSS Feed (Indianapolis, IN)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Body Solid Tools BSTFB6 6-Pound Padded Weighted Bar (Light Purple)
Body Solid Tools BSTFB6 6-Pound Padded Weighted Bar (Light Purple)
Price: $29.48
9 used & new from $26.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality - I cut mine in half to make a 24" and 3 pound "training" tennis racket, February 15, 2016
Let me be very clear, I'm not using this as a typical weighted bar. I purposely cut the bar in half (two x 24" bars). I use the now 24" long bar (now about 3 pounds in weight) as my training tennis racket. It allows me to sorta practice tennis strokes and serves with a weight that is about three (3x) times the weight of my normal tennis racket.....and about the same length too. The added weight and practice allows me to develop better racket head speed, core speed and rotation and overall balance in my strokes (backhand, forehand and serve). Most importantly, it has kept and improved my serve speed at age 45 than when I was 20 (my right shoulder, forearm and back have increased in strength and endurance). What's a lot of fun is to practice with it while watching a tennis match in front of the big screen TV. Or - I will play some virtual tennis matches on my sons' Xbox 360 console with the Kinect. My footwork has to be much more shorter and abbreviated in the living room, but I can still swing along with the same timing as the match on TV. And - the 24" weighted bar fits in my tennis bag which makes warming up more efficient too before matches and practices. I understand this is just a substitute, but I do find it handy and useful during the winter months until I can get outside and fine-tune my swing and serve with my ball machine or practice partners. At age 46, I still prefer to play with heavier rackets (350 grams +) which are getting harder and harder to find nowadays.

Special Operations Titanium Double Scythe Power Foam Sword
Special Operations Titanium Double Scythe Power Foam Sword
Offered by Sharp Knives
Price: $39.95
4 used & new from $39.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for children - it is very big, long and very heavy. My 8 year old son cannot lift it to play, February 15, 2016
This is not a toy for a young kid. You may have a 8-11 year old that loves the Halo series, but please do not purchase this for them. It is super heavy and big. It is foam/nerf covered which makes it soft and neat and safe for kids, but this thing is built for an adult (long and heavy). I purchased it for my 8-yr old son who loves all of the Halo games, action figures, etc. He also likes going to park and playing around the house/yard with plastic swords and guns to play make-believe with other kids (just like we did 30 years ago). He does not play with this Halo energy sword at all. It was a birthday present that did not work. Save your money and do not buy this for your kid. You will be very disappointed with the size and weight of this thing.

Ex-Cell Curved Shower Curtain Rod, Brushed Nickel
Ex-Cell Curved Shower Curtain Rod, Brushed Nickel
Price: $27.40

5.0 out of 5 stars No issues - about 10 minutes to install - adds extra space to my shower experience while in the bathtub, February 15, 2016
Very easy to install. I did not use the drywall plugs....it just so happened that I was drilling the screws directly into studs behind the drywall. I did not use the stock hardware screws, but instead used 2" x 8 gauge corse drywall screws for all four (4) holes. The screws are available at any major hardware store. These better screws only came in black.....I honestly didn't care. Once they're in, you will never notice. By the specific design of his rod, the longer your bath, the more outward curve this curtain rod will give you. One half of the rod slides into the other.....thus, the longer your bath tub length (greater than 72"), the more outward bend or curve it will give you. Most tubs in the home are about 72" in length from wall-to-wall. Once installed, I didn't re-measure the additional amount of space it provided me, but it's safe to say another 6-8". It certainly does add some extra space and volume when taking a shower in your bathtub. So not to have a lot of shower curtain deep into my bathtub, I ended placing this curved shower rod about 8" above the fiberglass insert.

Chamberlain KLIK1U Clicker Transmitter Universal Garage Door Remote Control
Chamberlain KLIK1U Clicker Transmitter Universal Garage Door Remote Control
Price: Click here to see our price
156 used & new from $18.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Great opener remote that coded easily to my 2015/2016 Sears Craftsman openers, February 15, 2016
Works and was able to re-code it easily to my 2015/2016 Sears Craftsman garage door openers. Somehow, I lost the original opener (which I didn't really care for in the first place). The original came with three (3) large buttons. I have two (2) garage doors. The outside lights are on a photo sensor so they come off and on automatically with the daylight (or lack thereof). I really did not see the point of having a larger garage opener with an additional button that I would probably never use. This Chamberlain model works great.....coded "one" for the larger door and coded "two" for the smaller, single garage door. The directions are pretty straight forward and was easy to pair with my Sears Craftsman units. Total time was maybe 5 minutes.....remember that you are coding these remotes to the actual motor drive unit that is above the car (not the wall unit by the house/inside door and light switch). You may have to carefully take off the clear/white shroud that covers the light bulb(s) to access the fuse box and "learn" buttons. Like almost all remotes, this one too comes with a visor clip for ease of use and a quick reach. The overall size of this is about half the size of an Apple iPhone 5. Without the visor clip, it is small enough to fit inside your shorts pocket or jeans/pants pocket if you wanted to take it with you during a walk/jog or bike ride away from your house. Most likely, I will be ordering a couple of more (as spares), just in case.

Nike Kids Flex Experience 3 (PSV) Hypr Cblt/Mtllc Slvr/Obsdn/Vlt Running Shoe 2.5 Kids US

4.0 out of 5 stars Good tennis shoe for young active boys, February 15, 2016
Excellent shoe for my sons. The elastic bands/laces on the forefoot seem to provide enough flex/stretch and enough support too as they play. My boys use these shoes for about everything. The sole seems very flexible and cushioned enough. The one velcro strap provides them quick on-and-off, as well as, enough tightness too. I have never fully washed the shoes in the washer, but they get their shoes plenty dirty and muddy enough that the fabric and soles are easily cleaned in the sink with running water and a brush. I am very happy with them and will probably continue to purchase more of them as my boys grow. I think I would prefer that the shoes be made and offered with two velcro straps; not just the one. I think two velcro straps (i.e. New Balance and others) would allow kids to better loosen or tighten the forefront of the shoe accordingly. The soles are more minimalist than others. I'm not worried about young boys' shoes that have a lot of sole or really tough, durable soles.....If you're boys are growing, then most likely, you will be purchasing new (bigger) shoes in about four (4) months anyway. The soles on these have always lasted that long. I do not pass down used shoes to younger brothers either. I typically go "shoe shopping" for my boys three times a year (September, January and May). These are more "everyday" cross-training shoes.....meaning that, these Nike Flex Experience shoes are not built around a running shoe last/mold or a pure basketball last/mold.

Reading Street Common Core: Grade 4.2
Reading Street Common Core: Grade 4.2
Price: $48.31
45 used & new from $6.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, age-appropriate reading books to have around the house and in the car for extra reading time, February 15, 2016
My youngest son is currently using the grade 2 Reading Street textbooks at school. I originally ordered 2.1 and 2.2 because he was either accidentally (or on purpose) forgetting to bring home his reading book each night to practice/study. I solved that and purchase a book for home....no excuses this time. I'm certainly not going to allow a 7-year old to "out-fox" his old man. The books are ok.....they're reading books that gradually get more difficult to read and longer. There are questions and other exercises in the book to help the young reader further develop their reading comprehension and analytic skills. I also purchased the same books for my older son in fourth grade (4.1 and 4.2) just to have supplemental reading books around the house and in the car. I'm also one of those parents that is struggling with my kids to use less tablets and video games and spend a little more time "old school" with just good ol-fashioned reading and writing. Each story (like all kids' stories) will generally have an overall theme or message for them.

READING 2013 COMMON CORE STUDENT EDITION GRADE 2.2
READING 2013 COMMON CORE STUDENT EDITION GRADE 2.2
Price: $53.30
67 used & new from $6.47

READING 2013 COMMON CORE STUDENT EDITION GRADE 4.1
READING 2013 COMMON CORE STUDENT EDITION GRADE 4.1
Price: $48.31
48 used & new from $8.95

Fifty Famous Classical Themes for Viola: Easy and Intermediate Solos for the Advancing Viola Player
by Mr. Larry E. Newman
Price: $9.95
18 used & new from $7.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent books for players of all ages in their first few years of study, February 15, 2016
Excellent beginner books for the violin or viola player in their first or second year. Larry Newman has an entire series of music books for violin, viola and cello that are all excellent for players in their first few years. I would not consider these lesson books, but books to supplement beginner players to learn more popular songs. For my young boys, I have the Don't Fret colored finger guide on their 1/4 and 1/2 violins. Then to help them find the correct notes, I will sometimes use a blue, yellow, pink and green or orange highlighter to color the notes on sheet music. I know it's a learning crutch, but it makes finding and playing the correct note faster and easier....the more positive feedback they get in playing a correct note, the longer they stay with learning music and different musical instruments (I hope). I also like the books because the songs are also easy enough for the beginner player to start memorizing songs too. Between the cello, violin and viola, I think we own all of them.

The Orchestra Viola FUN Book
The Orchestra Viola FUN Book
by Mr. Larry E. Newman
Price: $9.95
2 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent books for players of all ages in their first few years of study and practice, February 15, 2016

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12