Profile for OrchidSlayer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 823

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

OrchidSlayer RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Speck Products CandyShell Card Case for iPhone 6 - Black/Slate Grey
Speck Products CandyShell Card Case for iPhone 6 - Black/Slate Grey
Price: $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars looks great and the buttons on the sides are easy to ..., October 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My husband is sold on credit card cases. This is much nicer than the one he had for his iPhone 5. It fits well, looks great and the buttons on the sides are easy to use. It feels very sturdy and like it will provide great protection. I would definitely buy another.

The War on Women in Israel: A Story of Religious Radicalism and the Women Fighting for Freedom
by Elana Maryles Sztokman
Price: $18.62
60 used & new from $12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing, October 12, 2014
This was a very interesting and disturbing book. I spend quite a bit of time in Israel every year and, although I had seen glimpses of the segregation issues, having it all together was an eye opener. I highly recommend it to anyone with an interest in Israel, women’s issues, or who just cares about human rights.

A Sudden Light: A Novel
A Sudden Light: A Novel
by Garth Stein
Price: $18.86
98 used & new from $10.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, but no dog!, October 12, 2014
Trevor, a 14 year-old boy, goes with his impoverished father, Jones, to Jones’ childhood home to try to talk his grandfather into signing paperwork that will allow the sale of his ancestral home. Trevor hopes the sale will give his dad enough money to bring his mom back into the marriage that has hit a rough spot. When he arrives to the Pacific Northwest home, Trevor meets his crotchety grandfather and seductive aunt for the first time. Oh, and a few relatives that are no longer alive but that visit him in ghost form and do not want the sale of the property.

This was a very good book. It did not hit me as hard as “The Art of Racing In The Rain”, but when I stopped expecting Enzo or another dog showing up and started appreciating it for what it was, I liked it quite a lot. It was very well written and memorable.

Nexia Home Intelligence Z-Wave Garage Door Opener Remote Controller
Nexia Home Intelligence Z-Wave Garage Door Opener Remote Controller
Price: $96.50
2 used & new from $83.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Door remote easy to install, but problems with Nexia, which also requires a $10 monthly fee, October 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The garage door opener remote was easy to install. It required a couple of wires stuck into my opener and an outlet to plug it in. The whole process was a snap and took me about 15 minutes. The Nexia system was more of a problem. I continually have had trouble trying to pair the remote. Also, the Nexia system requires a $9.99 monthly fee. I can't even get it to allow it to let me test for free. The Nexia requires another outlet plus room in your ethernet router. It comes with a short ethernet cord and even a 9 volt battery for backup, but in trying to get the Nexia set up I needed to remove the battery and, after just 15 minutes or so, it was really hot.

The fear of problems with the overheating battery and monthly fee are making me abandon this item.

NOCO Genius Boost GB30 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter
NOCO Genius Boost GB30 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter
Price: $129.95
7 used & new from $129.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't start our car, but I still like it, October 8, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This just might be my gift to several family members this year. We live in Minnesota, where jumping cars and other equipment is a frequent event. I am paranoid of doing it wrong, so the "fool-proof" set-up of this is a big comfort. It is small enough to toss in a trunk or even a big glove compartment. The flashlight is a great addition, as is the option to charge USB equipment. I wish it had a wall charger, but it does have a cigarette lighter charging adapter (which can also be used by cell phones, etc.) so it is not a big issue. So far we have only used it on small equipment (boat and snowmobile motors) and it worked.

UPDATE: I left the key on in my husband's car last night. The battery was so dead we couldn't even get the key turned. This helped - the lights and other electronics went on and the car turned over, but there was not enough power to get it started (yes, I turned off all of the electronics). I did use the flashlight to find the negative terminal and that was helpful. I will keep it in the car this winter, but will also have regular cables.

Schleich Big Knight's Castle
Schleich Big Knight's Castle
Price: $117.41
9 used & new from $117.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids or indoors - great for a fun garden feature, October 8, 2014
This review is from: Schleich Big Knight's Castle (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am a gardener and love miniatures, but not the cuteness of fairy gardens. So, instead I have a castle garden. I started by using a castle cake pan as a concrete mold for my first castle (with my late father-in-law's Cadillac medallion on top). I then started buying Schleich buildings. They hold up very well in the shaded garden even with our harsh winters. I leave them out and have only had trouble when I had a puppy who chewed the top of a tent. That may seem like a strange use for such cool toys, but they look fabulous and are a lot of fun - much better in my mind than delicate and overpriced fairy chairs. I have some miniature or just small plants around for landscaping and have a really interesting garden feature.

This is big and is a great addition. The cool features, like the drawbridge, make it interactive and a great place to park kids for some imagination time. The whole brand is expensive, but great quality.

Kid Galaxy Mega Morphibians Amphibious RC Crocodile
Kid Galaxy Mega Morphibians Amphibious RC Crocodile
Price: $40.00
7 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, September 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a lot of fun. Not too hard to learn how to use and it is a blast to watch. The antenna looks pretty fragile and I expected it to be able to go into deeper water than it can (more than an inch or so and it doesn't work on our lake bottom), but fun on land or through puddles.

Hot Wheels Marvel Avengers Die-Cast Amazon Exclusive Vehicle, 5-Pack
Hot Wheels Marvel Avengers Die-Cast Amazon Exclusive Vehicle, 5-Pack
Price: $20.99
2 used & new from $16.16

5.0 out of 5 stars How can you go wrong with Hot Wheels?, September 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are great cars and look cool even to those who are not into the Avenger series. Typical How Wheels quality and all in all a great gift.

Melissa & Doug Deluxe Collection Wooden Bead Set
Melissa & Doug Deluxe Collection Wooden Bead Set
Price: $17.47
22 used & new from $16.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, September 24, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This will keep a 5-7 year old busy for a while. The cords are sturdy enough and the holes are big enough that an average child can string a necklace or bracelet on their own. The Chinese made beads are of average quality. I would be afraid to get them wet as they might bleed, but their bright pink and purple colors are certainly popular with the target group. This is a great gift.

PowerCube Extended USB, Electric Outlet Adapter 5ft Extension Cord Power Strip with 4 outlets, Dual USB Port and Resettable Fuse PC-4400-USEUPC
Price: $24.95
9 used & new from $21.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, September 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I think this is a great idea. It is perfect under my husband's desk for all of the lamp, computer, phone chargers, etc. I was surprised to see that if you want to install it using the included glue strips and bracket that you lose a plug, but I suppose that is good design. This way we have the option to use 4 plugs (plus the USB) or 3 plugs and have it attached. Since there is a limit on how much power you want any cord to pull at one time three is probably enough, but I like the option to un-attach and have it sit on the floor it if we need another plug. I will probably be buying another for my computer area.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20