ARRAY(0x9decb918)

Customer Reviews: 742

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

OrchidSlayer RSS Feed

by Erin Smith
Price: $11.97
46 used & new from $8.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for yourself or a gift, April 17, 2014
I have been a fan of Erin Smith's work for several years. Her acerbic wit combines wonderfully with her sometimes charming, other times downright weird pictures. One of my favorites (which I have on my wall) is "it's exhausting being a lover and not a fighter..especially when you know one good smack would end it".

The book is a compilation of work that she has on cards, napkins, etc. and other work that I have never seen before. If you are not familiar with her stuff, check out her web site to see if it is your type of humor. If it is, like it is mine, this is an inexpensive way to have lots of laughs in a small package. It is also nice knowing that at least ONE person knows what I am thinking.

I will buy more for hostess/thanks gifts. But not for the people I am thinking about when I read "your boots may be made for walking...but mine are in case I need to kick your ass". They will get re-gifted stinky candles.

Dog Gone, Back Soon
Dog Gone, Back Soon
by Nick Trout
Price: $9.48
39 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, April 9, 2014
This review is from: Dog Gone, Back Soon (Paperback)
Cyrus Mills, a veterinarian who returned to take over his late, estranged father’s small-town practice, solves several tricky animal diagnostic problems and deals with the predatory big corporate vet practice in the neighboring town, all while trying to woo the woman of his dreams. Pretty basic plot, but it works. This was a cute, light book. I don’t expect it to win any major awards, but I thoroughly enjoyed my time reading it. It was also interesting for me to get a little insight, although a fictional one, on the life in a veterinary practice, a place I am unfortunately spending a lot of time right now.

This is the first book I have read by this author. This appears to be a sequel to “The Patron Saint of Lost Dogs”. Events that happened in that book were referenced several times in this and I wish I had read it first. I liked this book enough that I will read it now and will probably also pick up his non-fiction works.

Unsaid: A Novel
Unsaid: A Novel
by Neil Abramson
Price: $9.60
30 used & new from $0.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Dealing with the loss of a loved one, April 9, 2014
This review is from: Unsaid: A Novel (Hardcover)
This was perfectly times for me as I am dealing with needing to put down a very loved dog. The treatment of loss, both human and animal, was wonderful. It has provided me with a sense of peace. I am giving it to a friend who is dealing with a very sick horse and may buy additional copies for friends who have recently lost their spouses. It is not just for those in a time of loss, but for those who understand the power of love and loss will appreciate this book.

Ambient Weather WS-14 Wireless 8-Channel Floating Pool and Spa Thermometer
Ambient Weather WS-14 Wireless 8-Channel Floating Pool and Spa Thermometer
Price: $40.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but big for hot tub, April 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I didn't realize how big the sensor was when I ordered this for our hot tub. It is quite large, 3 1/2" in diameter, which is big enough that we will probably take it out when someone is in the tub. We don't always keep our tub heated to the best temp, so it is nice to see from inside the house (the hot tub is on the deck) whether we have to go out and turn the heat up or if it is OK. I think the best use will be to see if someone left it on really high or if the grandkids have turned it up beyond their safe temp. Glad to have it for that safety reason alone.

All That Is Solid Melts into Air: A Novel
All That Is Solid Melts into Air: A Novel
by Darragh McKeon
Price: $9.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure why I don't like it, April 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The subject matter is great and the plot is good, but I just didn't care about any of the characters. It was a fast read, but when I was 3/4 done I accidentally picked up another book and forgot that I was still reading this. It made so little of an impression on me that by the time I remembered this was unfinished, I didn't bother to pick it back up. I really wanted to like it, but somehow the characters seemed too light to make me wonder what happened to them. Sorry!

Leviton 5980-UCL Vertical While-in-Use Cover for GFCI/Decora Duplex and Single Outlet, Clear
Price: $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good system, April 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am a bit paranoid of water and electricity. My old outdoor outlets didn't keep the outlet, especially open ones, protected from windy and rainy weather or deep snow. This works well. It was easy to install and seems sturdy enough for the purpose. The size of the cover would make it unusable for big plugs that are bigger than the outlet's frame (like I have for outdoor fountains), but it works fine for smaller plugs. Make sure you get the right layout (horizontal or vertical) for your outlet. The cords on this come out the bottom and the holes are big enough for heavy outdoor extension cords.

I will probably buy more for my other outlets and perhaps one for a bathroom outlet that I want to make sure never gets wet from a handheld shower (I told you I was paranoid).

Profoot Pedi-Rock Flexible Callus Foot File
Profoot Pedi-Rock Flexible Callus Foot File
Price: $6.97
4 used & new from $6.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than pumice?, April 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have tried many systems from pumice stones to the ones that are basically cheese graters. My favorite was a file that Sally Hansen made, but it was only on the market for a short time.

This reminds me of a kitchen pan scrubber - the ones for non-Teflon surfaces. It is easier to use than a pumice stone as it molds to your foot. The downside is the coating will wear off and it will last a fraction of the time of a pumice stone. It is quite large, which has pros and cons. The large size makes it easy and fast to use, but it also takes more storage space.

I would probably buy another if the price was right.

Beggin 4-Pack Bacon and Cheese Flavors Party Poppers in Plastic Container, 10-Ounce
Price: $33.30
4 used & new from $33.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Treats are good, but popper doesn't always work, April 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My dog liked these treats, but the popper system isn't the best. When it works, the treats go a few feet. However, one of the dispensers doesn't work at all and others are intermittent. I also would have preferred a way to remove the treats while keeping the popper on the container. I have lots of interactive treat dispensers for my dog and I find them much more interesting to her than this.

The Goldfinch: (Pulitzer Prize for Fiction)
The Goldfinch: (Pulitzer Prize for Fiction)
by Donna Tartt
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $45.00
21 used & new from $30.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Review of audio edition, April 5, 2014
First of all, the stars are for the content of the book. I liked the it and found it a good study of good, evil, nature and nurture. There are several parts that I am still thinking about a month after I listened to the book.

I do think the book was overly long and parts could be tightened or eliminated. The audio version compounded this issue as the reading was done very, very slowly. There were 32 sections, most over an hour long. I played at double speed, which brought it closer to what I consider "normal" speed. It worked well and even the character with a Russian accent sounded normal.

Belkin 2-Port Swivel Charger with Lightning Cable for iPhone 5/5S/5c, iPad 4th Gen and iPad mini (2.1 AMP/10 Watt) - Retail Packaging - White
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for phones and iPads, March 31, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I bought one of these a long time ago (at least a year) and use it every day. It works just fine for charging our phones, iPads, and other things with USB cords (like my Clairsonic skin cleaner). I can't imagine going back to separate charging plugs for each item. USB chargers like this are really the way to go both at home and while travelling.

This has worked perfectly. In its normal spot I don't need to rotate the plug, but I frequently do when traveling. It is easy to do and makes the whole thing fit pretty much anywhere. I now have two of these and would not hesitate to buy a third.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20