Profile for OrchidSlayer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 884

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

OrchidSlayer RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Gone: An FBI Profiler Novel
Gone: An FBI Profiler Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, February 28, 2015
This is a great series. Every book has been excellent and this is no exception. I seem to be reading them out if order, which is not the preferred method, but there are no big spoilers in this one. Highly recommended.

T.S. Shure Learn to Latch Hook Book & Set
T.S. Shure Learn to Latch Hook Book & Set
Price: $29.43
3 used & new from $25.29

4.0 out of 5 stars good intro, February 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great beginner kit, but my 9-year old granddaughter did not like the picture so she was not very excited to try it. I think it is a great intro to latch hooking, but I might have been better off taking her to the store to pick out her own pattern. As it is, she did a more free-form pattern. Doesn't look like much and she didn't fall in love with the craft, but at least she now knows what it is about.

Rose Gold Plated Sterling Silver Created Pink Opal and Created Pink Sapphire Halo Pendant Necklace, 18"
Price: $27.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks pretty cheap, not just inexpensive, February 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This would be fine for a child, but it looks pretty cheap. The manmade "opal" in mine looks like it is chipped on one side, but it just isn't a great quality. I got this from Amazon for free in trade for an honest review, but if I had purchased it I would have returned it. It does come in a gift box, but I would have been disappointed to receive it as a gift.

Biore Charcoal Pore Minimizer, 3.11 Fluid Ounce
Biore Charcoal Pore Minimizer, 3.11 Fluid Ounce
Price: $9.99
4 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great - no harmful microplastic beads, February 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First of all, I really like the way this makes my face feel. It does a god job of light exfoliation without causing trouble with my sensitive skin. However, after I started using this I learned about the trouble that the micro-beads used in face washes are causing with our water ecosystem. I wrote to the company to ask if this product contained the beads, which are becoming banned in many areas. Here is the response I got (and the response was very quick):

The exfoliant contained in this product is Alumina which removes dull, rough, damaged skin cells from the surface allowing healthy new cells to emerge. This ingredient does not meet the currently regulatory definition of a microplastic bead.

So, it looks to me that alumina (aluminum oxide), is not plastic, but the phrasing makes me wonder if it could have other issues that could cause it to be banned in the future. This makes me uncomfortable about buying more. Perhaps I will stick with my Ivory soap and BufPuf - altough who knows how much harm the BufPufs are doing in the landfill.

Natural, Healthy, Fat Free Dog Treats, Controls Weight, Made in USA (8 Oz.) 3 Flavors, Extra Tasty and Great for Dog Training
Offered by Pet Healthy Holdings
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars garlic?, February 17, 2015
These are nice, small treats great for training or for a little treat that doesn't add too many calories. I would prefer it didn't include a coloring agent and really wish it didn't have garlic, which can be toxic to dogs (and dog breath!). The amount of garlic is very small and shouldn't have any effect, but, other than getting dogs to like the treat, it is not necessary.

Rapesco Flat Clinch Top Loading Stapler, 25 Sheet Capacity, Uses 26 and 24 1/4 Inch Staples, Blue (RAP1143)
Offered by Sell Lounge Inc.
Price: $12.17
4 used & new from $12.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, February 17, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Perhaps it is because I am used to heavy duty, full sized staplers that this initially felt like cheap plastic. It is short, but quite tall, so not as good as a briefcase stapler as I expected. Still, it works, which is what counts. I like that the staples are flat so they don't add extra depth when stacking piles of stapled papers. It is not a heavy duty stapler, but it also costs a fraction of one. Even if the plastic happens to crack (and it might be a lot stronger than it looks) the mechanical part is what counts and that appears to be just fine.

NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Router with High Power 5dBi External Antennas (WNR2020v2)
NETGEAR N300 Wi-Fi Router with High Power 5dBi External Antennas (WNR2020v2)
Price: $24.99
7 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good if you don't need blazing speed, February 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
If you don't need a really high bandwidth speed, or of the one coming into your house isn't that high anyway, this is a good, inexpensive router. I am not sure why, but routers tend to only last year or two in my house. I used to buy the fast, expensive ones, but the speed coming in isn't that great, so I was wasting money. This was very easy to set up and is working great - I hope for more than a year or two.

Trademark Fine Art 5-Piece China Camp Panoramic by Moises Levy Multi Panel Art Set
Price: $114.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, February 8, 2015
A few things: The size is 72" x 24" plus spacing. Not sure why this does not show on the page. I have about 3 cm between pictures, making it about 75" wide.

The instructions (either written by a non-English native speaker or someone who doesn't have spell check) give hanging directions which should give 1" between pictures. They tell you to install the middle picture nail first, then give directions from that. The direction for the last picture is incorrect. It says to put it 8" below the 4th picture, but it should be 5". I thought I did a pretty good job, but had to move every nail at least a little bit to make everything perfect. There is a hanging bar (one of the little serrated things) behind each picture, which gives a little leeway to move right and left. One of my pictures was off enough that I used the wood frame instead, which raised the picture slightly. Since my wall already looked like I hit it with buckshot, one more hole probably wouldn't have killed me, but I got lazy. A level is helpful if you have one. I posted the hanging instructions on Target's web site, but deleted the picture and tossed the instructions so I can't post here. Sorry!

Now that the display is up I am very happy. Of course I like the calming picture, but the quality also looked pretty good.

Convenience Concepts 157002 Go-Accsense 3-Shelf Bookcase, Clear Glass
Convenience Concepts 157002 Go-Accsense 3-Shelf Bookcase, Clear Glass
Price: $56.22
12 used & new from $52.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as a plant shelf, February 8, 2015
I bought this last summer to hold plants in front of some glass doors. I was impressed with the quality for the price. It is holding up well in spite of the over-watering that leaves parts of it wet.

Totally Bamboo 20-2091 In-Drawer Bamboo Knife Block
Totally Bamboo 20-2091 In-Drawer Bamboo Knife Block
Price: $21.63
8 used & new from $13.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Great where you can't wall mount a magnetic holder, February 3, 2015
I love magnetic wall-mounted knife holders, but this is really great for an area I don't have that option. It holds knives of various sizes securely. I miss seeing what I am grabbing like I can on my magnetic holders, but this is great for steak knives. I don't know where they get the knife count, but otherwise love it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20