Profile for OrchidSlayer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 799

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

OrchidSlayer RSS Feed
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
8 Oz Chef's Jar - Fleur de Sel
8 Oz Chef's Jar - Fleur de Sel
Offered by San Francisco Salt Company
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and packaging, August 15, 2014
I have turned into a bit of a salt snob. First it was kosher salt, then French fleur de sel. Now I use different salts for different purposes. It really does make a difference, especially for finishing. I still use kosher for most cooking, but fleur de sel is the best for much of my chocolate work. A few flakes over he top of caramels or even a slab of dark chocolate sprinkles with smoked almonds is exquisite. This is very good fleur de sel. I really don't notice a difference in taste from the stuff I buy in France, but that is a good thing. The packaging, a nice glass bottle with a cork topper and a wooden spoon, really adds to the product and also keeps it drier than my French salt's cardboard box. This is a product that I would be proud to bring as a hostess gift.

KLORTS® Heavy Duty 2 in 1 Metal Stylus and Pen / Sturdy Metal Design / Accurate Pen and Stylus / For Use With Touch Screens Devices / Perfect For Drawing and Writing / Works with Apple iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c, iPad air, iPad Mini w/ Retina, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC ONE M8, LG G3, Google Nexus, And Other Touch Screen Devices / Lifetime Warranty
Offered by KLORTS
Price: $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great double duty product, August 15, 2014
I am terrible at texting as my fingers never seem to hit the correct letter. I have numerous styli, but usually forget to have one by me. They are also small and easily lost. This dual-purpose unit works well. I can have one thing in my bag and use it either for writing or typing. My husband has borrowed it on occasion and also likes it. The refillable gel pens starts off a little thick but gets thinner after a few strokes. All in all a good product.

Thinkware F550 Full HD Dashboard Camera with high-speed Cortex A8 Processor, GPS Tracker, & Dual Save Technology
Price: $329.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for training new drivers, August 6, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There were a couple of glitches in getting this set up, but so far it is doing its purpose. I don't have any interest in a camera for every day use, but we are using it for a new driver still with his permit. We are filming stuff and reviewing it later. It works well to point out stuff that he might have missed. Once we are done using it this way, we are moving it to an elderly family member's car. He does not realize how bad his driving is getting and it will hopefully be a wake-up call to either stop or reduce his driving or at least pay better attention.

Dawn Ultra Antibacterial Hand Soap Dishwashing Liquid, Green, Apple Blossom Scent,  24 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Dawn Ultra Antibacterial Hand Soap Dishwashing Liquid, Green, Apple Blossom Scent, 24 Ounce (Pack of 2)
Offered by Useful Universe
Price: $13.36
15 used & new from $7.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, August 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't like taking up counter space with dish detergent and hand soap. This is great because it is not too harsh for hand soap, yet gets the dishes clean. It is not the strongest Dawn (my preferred brand for decades). I still use Dawn Plat20OZ Dish Soap to soak the tough pans, but this works fabulously for every day washing up and for hand soap. I also love the scent. I will buy more.

Milkotein Wonder Bites 2-in-1 Protein Rich Low Fat Dog Chews Treat
Milkotein Wonder Bites 2-in-1 Protein Rich Low Fat Dog Chews Treat
Price: $9.68
2 used & new from $9.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Even a beagle wouldn't eat it, August 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I think the idea of a treat that can be hard or soft is great, but these were not a hit, or even tasted, in any form with the four dogs I offered them to. One was a beagle who has never before turned down any treat offered or even not offered but within reach. They are also very expensive for such small treats. I am surprised they made it through product testing. Kudos for the idea, but they need to offer something with better flavor.

Saving Container Plants: Overwintering Techniques for Keeping Tender Plants Alive Year after Year. A Storey Basics® Title
by Alice McGowan
Price: $8.96
48 used & new from $3.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, basic book, July 31, 2014
I am a University Extension Master Gardener, but this is a topic that was not covered in our University training or continuing education. Nothing in this book was all that exotic and I don't know how much I will refer to it, but it is a great basic book for someone who really doesn't know where to start.

Omron BP785N 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Omron BP785N 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor
Price: $79.99
24 used & new from $75.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, July 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have had several blood pressure monitors in the years since my husband was diagnosed with hypertension. We have been buying Omron as the reviews I have seen have all rated them highly. Some have had more features than others, but we found that we really just need the basic blood pressure and pulse rate. This supplies both. It is easy to use and pretty much self-explanatory.
We occasionally think that having one with a phone app to keep track would be nice, but so far unnecessary.

Accuracy seems to be good when comparing it to our old monitor. It is hard to say exactly as blood pressure is not static, so it can change even in a few minutes.

This is a good, basic monitor and I recommend it.

The Heist: A Novel (Gabriel Allon)
The Heist: A Novel (Gabriel Allon)
by Daniel Silva
Price: $16.79
120 used & new from $11.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Great work as usual, July 22, 2014
The book hasn't been out long and already has tons of 5* reviews, but I just wanted to add mine. Art restorer/Israeli spy Gabriel Allon continues to be one of the best characters out there. Daniel Silva manages to entertain while giving us all a reminder that there are some terrible things being done around the real-life world that we should be paying attention to.

Trouble in Mind: The Collected Stories, Volume 3
Trouble in Mind: The Collected Stories, Volume 3
by Jeffery Deaver
Price: $26.00
88 used & new from $0.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his best work, July 22, 2014
Some of these stories were good, but others not so much. A couple had great potential, but then fizzled, like the author had reached a word requirement and quickly finished. This wasn't a bad read at all, but not very satisfying.

Tomcat Snap Traps (Mouse Trap, 2 Pack) - Not Sold in AK
Tomcat Snap Traps (Mouse Trap, 2 Pack) - Not Sold in AK
Offered by BradTheGeeks Sales
Price: $5.50
28 used & new from $1.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, basic traps, July 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are not the strongest traps I use, the JT Eaton 409BULK Jawz Plastic Mouse Trap, For Solid or Liquid Bait (Pack of 24) are probably the best, but these work just fine. I keep un-baited Jawz along the outside of my garage to catch mice running by. It is amazing how many get caught that way, and un-baited they don't attract birds. I have never caught any un-baited in these traps, but plenty with a little peanut butter. These don't work well for liquid bait as there is nothing to hold the liquid, but work great with peanut butter, which actually gives the best results for us.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20