Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for Nick > Reviews

Browse

Nick's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nick RSS Feed (Dayton, Ohio United States)

Pinata Card Game
Pinata Card Game
Offered by bringbackdeals
Price: $23.95
22 used & new from $23.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Game! Buy it, you won't regret it., May 6, 2013
This review is from: Pinata Card Game (Toy)
I play a lot of two-player games with friends, including Lost Cities, Jambo, Dracula, Hive, Koi-Koi, Perry Rhodan The Cosmic League, Boggle, and Gobblet. This game easily ranks near the top of games I've played.

It is very easy to learn and includes enough strategy that it doesn't feel like just a game of luck-of-the-draw. It's a great game to play if you are looking for something a little lighter than say Dracula or Jambo. I would probably compare the level of depth to Lost Cities but without the trouble of calculating your score at the end.

The components are very well made, just like all Rio Grande Games. It also comes in a very good size box for both travel and convenience.

The theme fits perfectly to the game and is bright and cheerful without feeling childish.

Overall, I already know that this game is a keeper. It's really fun and offers the perfect amount of depth and strategy for a lighter game. It would also be a great game to introduce non-gamers to the wonderful world of boardgames, while keeping seasoned gamers satisfied.

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy the game.

Disney Universe - Playstation 3
Disney Universe - Playstation 3
Offered by DarkwingLLC
Price: $36.74
52 used & new from $9.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for Kids..., December 20, 2011
Go into the game options menu and turn off the blue arrows, now the game presents a decent challenge. But more importantly this game offers well-designed, beautifully crafted, FUN!! The levels are filled with an insane amount of detail. You will notice all of these small and large details that come directly from the movies. The character designs are extremely fun to play with and offer up something new with each play through. If you enjoy New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Donkey Kong Country Returns, or the Lego Series games, this is an obvious must-have!! This game is similar to the Lego games but WITHOUT all the bugs. The more I have played this game the more I have realized this was NOT just thrown together to make some money. This game reminds me of the excellent Disney titles that CAPCOM used to produce for the NES and SNES back when I was a kid. Even the music in the game is well-crafted and brings a bit of nostalgia. I've also downloaded the Nightmare Before Christmas level/character pack which was only $5 and have had a blast with that, as well. The bottom line is, this game offers great variety with its levels, characters and music. It is fun for adults and children, just remember to adjust the blue help arrows accordingly. The last thing is, that this game is a blast as single or multiplayer. Honestly, don't pass this one up just because it's Disney and don't pass it up because of some negative reviews from game sites. Those game sites obviously only played the first level. You will get more than your money's worth with this title. (This is coming from a player that loves games like Portal, Limbo, Pikmin, Zelda, Mario, Ghost Trick, Plants vs Zombies, Sonic Generations, and Rayman Origins, etc.) Thanks for reading.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2012 12:03 AM PST

78 used & new from $1.16

5.0 out of 5 stars She accomplished her goal and has made an "album", July 1, 2011
This review is from: 4 (Audio CD)
Since Beyonce starred as Etta James, she has been trying to create songs that would become classic. She tried this with "I am...Sasha Fierce". That album was at best a good trial of what she really had in her. The problem was there wasn't a unity to that album, even to the point that the album was split into two discs. Beyonce has always been very good at picking the best songs and making them her own. But to step into the big league of a classic album takes more than picking the right songs. She took some time off and did some much needed research, (no offense Beyonce). She was able to experience music at its purest form, in concerts all around the world. Then she took the time to craft an album, not some singles that would definitely be hits. All I have to say is, thank you, Beyonce. I've always known you've been capable of this. I have enjoyed your other music but never found myself listening to an album in it's entirety. You have always proven that you have been a fan of music and have huge respect for some of the greatest artists out there. You have taken the time and responsibility to prove your ability as an artist. I am not going to go into a critical review of every song on this album because this album doesn't deserve that. She isn't making songs to be downloaded individually with this album. She is making something that is meant to be heard as a whole. A piece of music. Beyonce, you reached your goal and then some. For me personally, this album will forever stay in my collection and be placed with the classics. Again, thank you. *Also, everyone, please take the time to not dissect every song but instead put this album in and absorb it as a whole. Music is meant to be listened to, not critiqued to the point that appreciation for the art is lost.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2011 8:42 PM PDT

Mountain Soul
Mountain Soul
Offered by CAC Media
Price: $16.42
77 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Honestly Perfect., October 9, 2002
This review is from: Mountain Soul (Audio CD)
I purchased this album for my Mom a while ago because I was getting tired of hearing her play O Brother day in and day out, no offense to O Brother fans, it's a great album I just thought she could use some variety. Well she ended doing the same with this album and everytime I heard it one song always stuck out "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive", it blew me away. It was so visual in my mind and mood placing. I really felt it gave you something to grasp onto. It was amazing and I looked forward to it everytime she had it on. And now I'm at a point where I'm looking forward to every song. It's such an amazing album, but I will admit that I still stop whatever I'm doing when "You'll Never..." comes on. It really draws me in. I will be purchasing this album soon and placing it in the section with my best.

Under Rug
Under Rug
Price: $31.41
43 used & new from $3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars This CD gave me chills., April 29, 2002
This review is from: Under Rug (Audio CD)
Ok, so this is my first review and why I took the initiative was because of the 13th song on this CD, Sorry to Myself. I am still dumbfounded at how entirely beautiful this song is. I'm listening to it right now and I'm still getting chills. I have been a long time fan and I have never been able to say which one of her songs were my favorite because I love everything she has done but this song by the second verse instantly became my favorite song ever, it has brought not just my love for her but my love for music to a brand new level. The 12th song is also an amazing song but I would pay the price just for Sorry to Myself. If you are a fan of Alanis you owe it to yourself to have this amazingly beautiful enchanting song and even if you are not a fan this is something every music lover should own. I am still getting chills, honestly.