Profile for Richard McDonald > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Richard McDonald RSS Feed (Indianapolis, Indiana)

Page: 1 | 2
Gravity
Gravity
DVD ~ Sandra Bullock
Price: $10.99
51 used & new from $6.23

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected!!, April 4, 2014
This review is from: Gravity (DVD)
The beginning of this film starts off where it shouldn't. We find two Astronauts working on the Hubbell Telescope ... the Shuttle right next to them and they are suddenly without warning told to get the hell out of there. There is a debris field headed their way that will destroy everything in it's path. It does!! This is a story of Murphy's Law with only one winner - Sandra Bullock. The characters names are not even memorable. Everything and anything that could go wrong - goes wrong and in the worst possible way. Throughout the entire movie there is no story except for this one Astronaut to get back to Earth. The other Astronaut played by George Clooney is killed in the first 15 minutes of the movie so it's definitely not about him. Sandra Bullock's character goes through a nightmare of a living hell to try to get back to Earth. She gets back and that's the end of the movie!! Period! It's over. There is nothing in between except one mechanical failure after the next. I did not like this movie - what a waste of money!!

Lincoln
Lincoln
DVD ~ Daniel Day-Lewis
Price: $13.89
34 used & new from $4.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Daniel Day Lewis as Lincoln, July 26, 2013
This review is from: Lincoln (DVD)
I felt like I had just met Abe Lincoln!! This is a superb movie showing what probably happened historically to our 16th President.

Skyfall
Skyfall
DVD ~ Daniel Craig
Price: $8.99
30 used & new from $3.18

5.0 out of 5 stars 007 James Bond Collectors - This is for you!!, July 26, 2013
This review is from: Skyfall (DVD)
Who knew they would kill off "M" ?? I didn't see that coming - I really didn't! I love this movie - the third of Daniel Craig. He's a good all around James Bond man.

In Harm's Way
In Harm's Way
DVD ~ John Wayne
Price: $4.63
37 used & new from $2.95

5.0 out of 5 stars John Wayne Fans - This is for you, July 26, 2013
This review is from: In Harm's Way (DVD)
Watched this movie 10 years ago and still enjoy it! It's suspenseful - intense and it's just a good all around arm chair movie while your snacking on Popeye's Chicken!!

Mysterious Island (Widescreen)
Mysterious Island (Widescreen)
DVD ~ Michael Craig
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $38.75
43 used & new from $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Captain Nemo Fans will love this, July 26, 2013
Herbert Lom portrays Captain Nemo - there will never be another James Mason. I had the movie on Laser Disk but decided to switch to a more convenient media. It seems my Laser Disk movies are slowly being replaced by DVD's. I am not going to buy a Blue Ray player for awhile since I have an upconverter and my 500 movies are all standard DVD's. I love this movie and Ray Harryhausen does special effects like no one elses business!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Costco Bagels are better, July 26, 2013
Since I found out that Costco Bagels are not pre-sliced, I said - I need to find a way to conveniently slice this puppy in half before putting into the toaster. Voyla!! Success!!

INFINITER 100 Red Laser Pointer, Silver, Presentation Pointer
INFINITER 100 Red Laser Pointer, Silver, Presentation Pointer
Price: $20.36
2 used & new from $17.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat Toy - Laser Mouse, July 26, 2013
I had one of these things and my friend didn't so I gave him mine!! He wanted to play with his cat the way I do mine. I thought, well, what the heck - I'll just give him this and I'll get another and so there you have it!! My cat thoroughly enjoys chasing the red dot. The red dot is brighter and larger than my old one so I think a change happened but I like the change.

Panasonic DMR-EZ47V Up-Converting 1080p DVD-Recorder/VCR Combo with Built In Tuner (2005 Model)
3 used & new from $364.00

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD/VHS Combo-Upconverter, June 28, 2012
Have had one of these units before but it wasn't an up-converter and I'm really not interested in buying Blu-Ray. Blu-ray discs cost more and I've got literally hundreds of movies of the standard format. This unit replaces my upconverter player and now I have a recorder also. I like the ability to record off of my DirectTV DVR and keep National Geographic or downloaded movies. They are not HD but then when you play it back, they get upconverted again. This player is an excellent choice and I would recommend it to anyone.

The Green Berets [VHS]
The Green Berets [VHS]
VHS
Offered by ana books
Price: $7.00
98 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Green Berets DVD Defective, March 17, 2012
This review is from: The Green Berets [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This was the 2nd DVD that I tried and both stopped in the same place just after Chapter 18. I tried playing it on three different players. Amazon was very nice about and will be refunding my money on one of them. The other one came from a competitor that shall remain unnamed. That's why I do business with Amazon going forward. It is interesting that both DVD's were defective in the same spot on the disc. I saw three other reviews and they too had the same issue. Well, TCM.com has it coming up May 28th - 9:00 am and since I get Turner Classic Movies on DirectTV you can be sure that I will be watching it. The movie has been reviewed by others as a bit cheesy and a comedy. A Comedy it is not!! It's war story that actually took place. I was in Vietnam and it was much worse than this picture depicted but it is a John Wayne movie. You have to have enjoyed John Wayne for John Wayne's sake to get into his head when he directed this. He is a man's man and perhaps you may not like his acting style but he was unique and masculine in every sense of the word. Wished I could have had him for a father figure growing up.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2012 3:45 PM PDT

Oneida Mercer 53-Piece Stainless-Steel Flatware Set, Service for 8
Oneida Mercer 53-Piece Stainless-Steel Flatware Set, Service for 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Oneida Flatware - Satisfied Customer, May 31, 2011
After going to Sears and JC Penney and looking around online the price and quality cannot compare. When the flatware set arrived I was delighted by the weight of the flatware and the shiny and satin finish look. Very satisfied with my purchase and gave away my cheap China made stuff to a friend that had less than I did. For the money, this was a good deal and less expensive than the store bought. This item by the way is made in Vietnam - I just wish I could find something in the same price range actually made in the U.S.A. but this will have to do. When you are retired and on Social Security, you can't always afford the $300 sets.

Page: 1 | 2