Profile for J. M. Bailey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. M. Bailey RSS Feed (Pacific Grove, CA USA)

Scratch Programming for Teens
Scratch Programming for Teens
by Jerry Lee Ford
Price: $15.47
40 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME PRODUCT!, January 8, 2012
I was extremely excited when I found this book on amazon because I have enjoyed using scratch for projects in the past. I am in 6th grade and am an 11 year old girl. This book is surprisingly easy to understand and has many fun applications to create. I have already made a few, including a drawing and a quiz app. I recommend this book for anybody over ten years old, or who can understand the program quite well. At the beginning of the book, it goes over the VERY basics to learning the program, and what blocks do what. If you think you can't learn code just yet, this book is perfect for you. It's fun to draw characters and stages for your game/application, and the author does a really good job with explaining each little detail of the script. Scratch is a very easy but fun program for beginning scratchers. I would also check out the scratch website and you will find lots of examples and galleries about the program.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, but not just a screen, August 21, 2010
This seems like a good product for a good price, but beware that it is not just a window screen. It has the metal "ventilator" which cannot be removed. That's good for many uses, I'm sure, but I wanted visibility as well as bug protection, so I returned my order.