Profile for D. Schantz > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Schantz "Dad's the Help Desk" RSS Feed (Saline, MI)

Maxboost Atomic S External Protective iPhone 5S Battery Case / iPhone 5 Battery Case with Built-in Kickstand - Matte Black / Black (Apple MFI Certified, Fits All Versions of iPhone 5 / 5S - Lightning Connector Output, MicroUSB Input ) [100% Compatible with iPhone 5 / 5S on iOS 7.0+ , Strengthened MicroUSB Input Port, No Signal Reduction]
Offered by power-innovation
Price: $49.95
5 used & new from $31.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, Low Price, November 26, 2014
Replacing a Mophie case which stopped working. Was pleasantly surprised at the good quality and low price; all good! The only thing I miss is the option to have a belt clip, so hopefully Maxboost will come up with one someday soon.

Pwr+® 14 Ft 90W AC Adapter Charger for Lenovo G410, G500, G500s, G505, G505s, G510S, G700, B5400; Lenovo Thinkpad X240, E440, E540; Carbon X1; Helix; Thinkpad Edge E431, E531, S431, T431s; ; Lenovo Ideapad S210, S500, S510p, U430, U430p, U530 Touch; Lenovo Ideapad Yoga S1, 11, 11s, 13, 2 Pro; Flex 14, 15, 15D; ADLX90NCC3A Touch Ultrabook Laptop Power Battery Supply Cord
Offered by PWR+
Price: $24.90
3 used & new from $19.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we ordered, delivered on-time, June 2, 2014
Once again, my daughter lost the adapter/charger for her school Lenovo laptop. The PWR+ was exactly what we needed; good price, fast shipping and works just like the (many) ones she has lost before. Since she'll probably lose this one too, I'll buy from PWR+ again!

Omni Electronics 10 PCS Rainbow Bundle Flat Noodle Cable USB 8-Pin Data Sync Charger For iPhone 5

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked just fine and a decent price...but now Apple blocks it, September 14, 2013
Sadly all good things must come to an end. When I upgraded from an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 5s, the cables stopped working completely. Apparently cables must be MFi certified to work on the new iPhones (and iOS7?) and I'm guessing these aren't.

If you're still on an iPhone 5, I stand by my review that they see for a great price and I really liked them, but if you're on a 5S, they are good as string :(

Have had a pretty sketchy history with after-market Lightning cables for my iPhone 5, so went for a bulk pack, figuring that all cables for Apple mobile devices are too fragile anyway and I'll need more than one no matter what. Pleasantly surprised that the cables are working and are no less durable than anything I've had before (I'd say more durable, but it's too soon to tell). Haven't had any of those "this charging device not compatible" messages when charging my phone, so all good...quite frankly, all it takes for me to be happy is to get an order in a reasonable amount of time (US-based seller shipped quickly) and for it to work as advertised (which this does).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2013 5:27 PM PDT

i-UniK Guardian Series Multi-Functions iPhone 4/iPhone 4S case with Stand & Belt Holster - Black
Offered by i-UniK
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Case!, January 20, 2012
Was looking for a replacement for a thin, hard plastic case with a belt clip; really like this one! Phone fits well in the case, like the rubberized consistency. Slides in and out of the belt clip well and like the added touch of a padded surface that meets the phone screen when holstered.

PadType(TM) Wireless Keyboard and Aluminum Case for iPad 3 or 2
PadType(TM) Wireless Keyboard and Aluminum Case for iPad 3 or 2
Offered by Trader Moes
Price: $29.95
3 used & new from $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard case for the iPad 2, October 8, 2011
Looked extensively for a keyboard case that fit the style of the iPad 2 (clean lines, thin, no weird buckles, logos, etc.) and this fit the bill while being a lot less expensive than the Logitech case of similar design. Viewing angle works well for me, the keyboard is comfortable and it fits well with the iPad. While some of the other Bluetooth keyboard cases have part of the cover extending below the keyboard, which I don't happen to like, this design allows me to pretty much create a netbook-looking configuration. Suits my need well, priced competitively against the Logitech keyboard cover and it arrived quickly. All good!

ViewSonic VA2431WM 24-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor with Speakers
ViewSonic VA2431WM 24-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor with Speakers

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - worth the money, September 24, 2011
Bottom line: Amazing difference. Replacing a company-issued NEC Multisync 17" monitor for my home office. Bought the ViewSonic after having it on my wish list forever once the price came down to $159. It makes a huge difference over my old monitor; the color is sharper and the larger widescreen allows me to arrange several windows on my desktop; besides, I'm not any younger than I was and a larger monitor is just plain easier to see. Installation (through a Lenovo X200 via a docking station) was just a matter of plugging the cables in; cables come with it, but I just unplugged the cables from my old monitor and they all fit in the new one (saved having to unplug and plug from outlet and computer). They provide an installation CD but there's no point to it. Love it!

Grid-It Organizer, Black (CPG10BK)
Grid-It Organizer, Black (CPG10BK)
Offered by Brotech
Price: $10.19
57 used & new from $9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good!, April 21, 2011
Saw the Cocoon GRID IT featured in a tech blog and while it looked sort of strange, the concept seemed good. TSA at DTW told me I had too much electronic crap in my backpack one evening, made me empty it all out and that was enough to convince me to give it a try. Ordered the 12X8, since I carry way too many tech attachments (chargers, cables, a Mi Fi, etc.) I am really pleased with it; the GRID IT is an extremely simple thing and the way it's "woven" with elastic straps makes it infinitely configurable. No "stretch outs" noted on the straps. I'll probably buy a smaller one at some point for the car.

ooma Hub - VoIP Phone Device with No Monthly Phone Service Bills
ooma Hub - VoIP Phone Device with No Monthly Phone Service Bills
8 used & new from $78.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Set Up Easy, Call Quality Excellent, May 9, 2009
Activated ooma 2 days ago. Configured behind a router (rather than their preferred configuration) since I have a work VPN which doesn't always work when something is in front of the router. Sign-up is quick enough, there was a phone number in my area (I chose not to port) and physical set up was extremely easy (plug it in to electricity, plug it into the router, plug the phone in to the ooma box). Can't speak to configurations such as using it with a regular phone line or plugging it into a whole-house set-up; I just didn't want to fuss with it.

One important downside that I wish I had known is that even though integration with Google Voice is being advertised and touted, it is not available yet. I called tech support to ask, the guy was extremely nice but wasn't familiar. He took the tie to go check with someone else and email me, but no integration yet (this summer).

Overall, Amazon has a pretty good price, it's a good way to access VOIP (internet phone), it's easy to set up and the quality is good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2009 2:18 PM PDT