Profile for jsl2h90 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

jsl2h90 RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Silicon Power 64GB Blaze B30 USB 3.0 Swivel Flash Drive R/W up to 120/50 MB/s, Black (SP064GBUF3B30V1K)
Price: $22.99
2 used & new from $22.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Would have easily given it 5 stars for the price and quality ..., April 1, 2015
Would have easily given it 5 stars for the price and quality had it not decided to just randomly stop working about 2-3 months after I bought it.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Order 2 sizes too large, September 18, 2012
Great shirt but holy crap did this shrink fast and only after once in the dryer. I always order larges because they shrink down to the size of an unshrunk medium almost every time. This shirt I got in a large and after one time in the dryer its already the size of a shrunk medium.

Ginger Snaps
Ginger Snaps
DVD ~ Emily Perkins
Price: $5.93
24 used & new from $4.69

1.0 out of 5 stars THE quintessential idiot's horror movie favorite, September 1, 2012
This review is from: Ginger Snaps (DVD)
Wow. The amount of 5 star reviews on amazon and the internet in general praising this movie is incredible. Simply one of the worst movies ever made, horror and otherwise. To give this 5 stars is to say Justin Bieber is Jimi Hendrix. I don't feel I need to explain myself, the first 20 minutes of this crap is about a chick getting her period, go watch Buffy and True Blood if you like this garbage.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2012 2:32 AM PST

The Entity [Blu-ray]
The Entity [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Barbara Hershey
Price: $11.33
21 used & new from $9.07

4.0 out of 5 stars No extra content, but the movie makes up for it, July 28, 2012
This review is from: The Entity [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is by far one of the most excellent movies in my horror movie collection. I've been at it for years and it always pleases me when I turn up a gem after it slips my radar for a while. For years I'd seen people calling this one of the scariest movies they'd seen as kids (I'm 22, so I wasn't around when this came out) but I finally picked it up and I can now see where those crappy Paranormal Activity movies were poorly ripped off from. This movie feels like a paranormal version of The Exorcist. It relies on suspense rather than gore, and it does it well. I was truly surprised by the realism of the special effects (other than the liquid hydrogen scene at the end). There was definitely a lot of effort put into this, the acting is top notch as far as believability in performance. Truly a must own for horror geeks like myself.

Black Christmas [Blu-ray]
Black Christmas [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Olivia Hussey
Price: $11.44
22 used & new from $10.17

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars for the HD transfer, 4 for the movie itself, December 2, 2011
To be clear, the audio is ok, but the actual image quality is like a dirty, grainy DVD, there's nothing blu ray about this one. However, great movie although it never really makes an effort to explain its own backstory which leaves you feeling stupid at the end of the movie for not understanding who the hell Billy and Agnes are. I bought it because I heard it predated Halloween as one of the first slashers, which is something you don't brag about on the back cover of your movie unless said movie has enough actual substance to join the ranks of a classic like Halloween. In the end, I prefer Halloween, but I regret not seeing this movie sooner as it belongs in any horror fan's collection. It definitely does suspense a little better than Halloween... creepy phone calls galore and you never see the killer's face nor find out his motive for slaughtering a bunch of girls. I recommend it, just don't expect the transfer to look like "The Departed" or anything.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back [Blu-ray]
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Jason Mewes
Offered by Drennor
Price: $19.75
40 used & new from $1.37

2.0 out of 5 stars Great movie, but AVOID the Alliance studios blu ray..., December 1, 2011
I bought this from "inetvideo" and saw mention of a chance that the product might have a bilingual cover. Well, turns out I was sold the Alliance studios release, not the Dimension one. I can't speak for Dimension, but Alliance pulled off a DVD rip of this movie and pressed it onto a BR disc. I used to own the 2 disc DVD and my blu ray looks maybe 5% better. AVOID the Alliance studios release (It's got French all over the back cover you'll know it if you see it) at all costs.

Black Dynamite [Blu-ray]
Black Dynamite [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Michael Jai White
Price: $13.00
27 used & new from $8.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Crystal Clear Blu Ray, But this version is cut, November 4, 2011
This review is from: Black Dynamite [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Great movie but the version I saw before I bought this had a few additional/altered scenes that are not included as special features here. Kind of disappointing as they were much funnier than what the filmmakers included here. The pimp scene dialogue is much better on the torrent version I saw for instance. I'd say buy this for picture quality if youre crazy about formats, download for a funnier version that flows a little better.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2012 3:06 PM PDT

Peter Jackson's Bad Taste
Peter Jackson's Bad Taste
DVD ~ Costa Botes
Price: $13.95
10 used & new from $9.38

3.0 out of 5 stars Only serves as a preview of whats to come with Dead Alive, November 4, 2011
This review is from: Peter Jackson's Bad Taste (DVD)
This is a bad movie. No question about it, right down to the theme song. "I've got a bad taste in my moooooouth!" Come on. Get it if you want to see Peter Jackson's progression as a director (and actor too if i'm not mistaken, i think they were short on cast members in this one) but the only reason I don't throw this movie in the trash is because I love knowing that this is what Mr. Jackson was working on when he had Dead Alive in mind. It has its cheesy moments, but it is not a good movie.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2012 3:08 PM PDT

The Tox Box (The Toxic Avenger - Unrated Director's Cut  / The Toxic Avenger Part II - Unrated Director's Cut / The Toxic Avenger Part III - Unrated Director's Cut / Toxic Crusaders: The Movie)
The Tox Box (The Toxic Avenger - Unrated Director's Cut / The Toxic Avenger Part II - Unrated Director's Cut / The Toxic Avenger Part III - Unrated Director's Cut / Toxic Crusaders: The Movie)
DVD ~ Phoebe Legere
7 used & new from $25.21

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible box set minus the first Toxic Avenger, November 4, 2011
I bought this because I saw the first Toxic Avenger and had heard this box set contained the only uncut version of Part II. Well it is uncut, but a little extra gore could not save the god awful Toxic Avenger 2 from sucking. I don't even know how I managed to sit through the first 20 minutes of part 3. To my surprise, it was almost as bad. Top it off with that crappy Toxic Crusaders cartoon that has NO redeeming qualities and you've got yourself a wasted $40. Get the first Toxic Avenger, avoid the sequels and that garbage cartoon. If you really need a Troma fix get Tromeo and Juliet (It is the best Troma movie I've seen, better than TA1) or Class of Nuke 'Em High.

Death Machine
Death Machine
DVD ~ Richard Brake
Price: $5.58
49 used & new from $1.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Firmly seated in the pantheon of horrible movies, November 4, 2011
This review is from: Death Machine (DVD)
Let's begin: this is by far one of the top 10 worst movies i've ever seen. I saw this on some Fangoria list of "100 best horror movies." Don't be fooled for a second THIS IS NOT A HORROR movie, unless you consider some crappy robot creation running through walls chasing fat men and weed smoking hippies terrifying. Steer clear of this babbage-ry.

Page: 1 | 2