Profile for Enigma > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Enigma RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
A Christmas Carol [HD]
A Christmas Carol [HD]
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Scott is my all-time favorite! Scott was born for this role and he ..., February 14, 2015
I doubt there are many of us who have not heard of this story, or watched at least one of its many versions. Yet this version with George C. Scott captures the mean-spirited, cold disregard of Scrooge as none other has ever done....and then captures the hopeful joy of a rebirth of that character. Scott, with his choleric personality was born for this role. Loved it so much that I bought it and this is the version my family watches every Christmas!

The Nun's Story
The Nun's Story
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of my favorite movies of all time, February 14, 2015
This is one of my favorite movies of all time! I can't remember if Hepburn won the Academy Award for this, but if she didn't, she should have. Her performance as an emotionally torn nun, fighting her desire to serve God wholeheartedly, yet beset with her all too human imperfections, makes for an absolutely riveting performance. I've rented this movie numerous times and finally bought it!

Le Creuset Stoneware Salt and Pepper Shakers, White
Le Creuset Stoneware Salt and Pepper Shakers, White
Price: $24.95
5 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Le Creuset, February 14, 2015
I love Le Creuset, and these shakers are no exception....nice and sturdy and look great sitting on top of my stove!

Heart Trivet - Distressed White
Heart Trivet - Distressed White
Offered by JcKringles
Price: $15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars and I love the distressing, February 14, 2015
This review is from: Heart Trivet - Distressed White
My kitchen is white and I wanted a trivet to use with my white tea kettle. This little trivet does the trick! It's well made, and I love the distressing. I use it every day and keep it on top of my stove. Love it! I will say that my tea kettle is the mini Le Creuset pot and I think this trivet might be a little small for the regular size Le Creuset tea kettle....but it works great with mine!

Silicone Spatula/scraper Set of 3 White by Cooks Essentials - High Quality & Heat Resistant up to 500 F

4.0 out of 5 stars These spatulas are great.., February 14, 2015
I recently bought new pots and pans and wanted a silicone utensil set to use with them. These spatulas are great....not flimsy at all, nice and sturdy, easy to use and clean up is a breeze. Great item!

Le Creuset Enamel-on-Steel Demi 1-1/4-Quart Teakettle, White
Le Creuset Enamel-on-Steel Demi 1-1/4-Quart Teakettle, White
Price: $69.95
14 used & new from $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars but I am so glad I did, February 14, 2015
After reading the negative reviews, I was hesitant to buy this tea kettle....but I am so glad I did! I have tea every single morning, and haven't had any of the problems listed in the negative reviews: The handle is not hot when lifting it off the stove to pour the boiling water, the lid goes on and comes off easily, there hasn't been ANY water coming out under the lid or the spout, and the whistle is nice and loud without being obnoxious. I'm 62, live alone and have bad arthritis in my hands, so wanted a lightweight, smaller kettle. I bought the white, and am so pleased with my kettle that I'm going to buy one in another color to add a punch of color to my kitchen. Love it!

Mama
Mama
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Destined to become a horror classic, May 10, 2013
This review is from: Mama (Amazon Instant Video)
It's been said that no language can express the full power of a mother's love. It shrinks not where man cowers, grows stronger where man faints, and shines the fire of its quenchless fidelity like a shooting star. That is the depth of a mother's love. But what happens when that natural, pure, loving instinct is thwarted? That twisted answer is at the heart of this frightening movie. Scary movies are my 'thing,' and it's so rare to find a truly ingenious one that can capture my attention...and hold it. "Mama" is such a movie. I was captivated from the first scene to the ending credits. This movie is destined to become a horror classic.

Jane Eyre
Jane Eyre
DVD ~ George C. Scott
Price: $9.91
26 used & new from $5.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb Compared To My Old VHS Version, October 25, 2012
This review is from: Jane Eyre (DVD)
This version of Jane Eyre is my most favorite movie of all time. George C. Scott plays Rochester like no other actor ever could...he is absolutely magnificent and it's easy to understand why he was nominated for an Emmy for his portrayal of the tormented, haunted Rochester. And, while Susannah York is older than Jane in Bronte's book, she is wonderful in the role as Jane. Together, the chemistry between Scott and York is wondrous to behold. Now combine the musical score with great acting, and watching this movie becomes an event, not just a viewing.

I agree with others that the quality of this DVD is not the best. However, I have this movie on VHS and the DVD quality compared to VHS is far superior. I do hope at some point the movie is remastered again and the quality improved. However, until then, I shall continue to be enthralled with this movie, this music, this marvelous combination of talented actors and the amazing love story they weave. This movie captured my heart decades ago and the love spell continues.

The Thirst for Wholeness: Attachment, Addiction, and the Spiritual Path
The Thirst for Wholeness: Attachment, Addiction, and the Spiritual Path
by Christina Grof
Price: $12.92
100 used & new from $0.48

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Book for Those Seeking a Deeper Connection with Themselves, October 31, 2006
Everyone I know is addicted to something: control, power, self-centeredness, alcohol, drugs, food, sex, beauty, body image, jobs, other people...the list goes on and on. The world is not an easy place in which to "be". The reality is that we are living in a world full of broken people "where men who are fractions imagine themselves to be complete," as Joseph Campbell wrote. We live in an age where man is more profoundly a stranger to his own soul than at any other time in history.

On the other hand, millions of individuals are undergoing life altering transformations, thanks to the many tools for self exploration available today. One of those tools is this book. Grof, like few other authors, gets to the root causes of society dis-ease: the spiritual thirst of our being for wholeness. This book is not about religion, but instead is a soulful description of the spiritual journey.

If you are a counselor, you need this book. If you are searching for healing from any type of addiction, or feel a stranger inside your own skin, you need this book. On some level, we could all benefit from embracing the message contained within its pages.

Our entire journey through life is a heroic journey toward home -- our True Self. As T.S. Eliot writes,

"We shall not cease from exploration

And the end of all our exploring

Will be to arrive where we started

And know the place for the first time."

The Passion Test: The Effortless Path to Discovering Your Destiny
The Passion Test: The Effortless Path to Discovering Your Destiny
by Janet Bray Attwood
125 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Love What You Do....Do What You Love, May 11, 2006
It has taken me half a century to come to the realization that I was so unhappy in my job (computer geek) because it wasn't something I really enjoyed. That conclusion may be elementary, but, in a society that touts material gain above all, the thought of leaving a high-income job for a field that pays peanuts was significantly daunting. This book brandishes high the uncommon philosophy that the important things in your life, be they career, marriage, relationships, parenting or simply living, should "put a fire in your belly." I wish I'd read this book decades ago. The test contained within helps one come face to face with conclusions perhaps long ignored, or never even contemplated. I encourage those who may be struggling with lack of direction, job potential, a relationship quandry or a sense of hopelessness in any venture of life to explore this book with an open mind and allow it to help lead you to an epiphany by which you may say, "I finally know my destiny!"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3