Profile for Brandon Michael Wiley > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brandon Michael Wiley RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Everything Will be Different - Acting Edition
Everything Will be Different - Acting Edition
by Mark Schultz
8 used & new from $9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything Will Never Be The Same, March 25, 2011
I saw a production of this play a couple of years ago (through Stray Cat Theatre in Phoenix, AZ) and after the show I could barely say a word other than, "wow..." The scenes between the father and daughter were heartbreaking (and the 2 actors Cale Epps and Willa Darian were PERFECT). This is a brutal play but worth buying to read over and over again. This is one of those plays that expands your mind to a new dimension and doesn't allow it to return. It's hard to go see this and realize that garbage like West Side Story is out there. Save us, Mark!

Antonionian
Antonionian
Price: $15.21
15 used & new from $0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars All Over The Map, March 25, 2011
This review is from: Antonionian (Audio CD)
After listening to this album I quickly realized who was the Subtle backbone (I always figured it was Doseone). This is an amazing album. No one song sounds the same in style. Stop reading this review and just buy the damn thing!

Gasping (Acting Edition)
Gasping (Acting Edition)
by Ben Elton
Price: $9.95
37 used & new from $0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Grasping, March 23, 2011
This play was trying way too hard to be quirky, funny and relevant. Great idea: a company buy air and makes the world pay for it. Horribly executed. Not a good start for Ben Elton. Readers should stick to his play Popcorn.

The Love of a Good Man: All Bleeding (Playscripts)
The Love of a Good Man: All Bleeding (Playscripts)
by Howard Barker
Price: $9.95
5 used & new from $4.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 6, 2011
This play is dark, smart and humorous! Buy it now!! Barker is one of the best playwrights since that other famous British playwright.

Octopus
Octopus
by Steve Yockey
26 used & new from $10.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful., November 20, 2010
This review is from: Octopus (Paperback)
I laughed. I was scared. I was moved. I cried. I found this to be one of the most beautiful stories ever told. Steve Yockey is a playwright to keep an eye on.

A Style and its Origins (Oberon Book)
A Style and its Origins (Oberon Book)
by Howard Barker
Price: $26.95
19 used & new from $8.25

3.0 out of 5 stars An open letter to Howard Barker, November 11, 2010
I am a huge admirer of plays and poetry. You're use of language is comparable to Shakespeare. The stories you weave are fantastic, complicated and always leave me with a few more wrinkles in my brain. But when you write about himself and how you view theatre, you come off extremely whiney and hypocritical. You don't care about pleasing the audience yet you complain that no one comes out to your shows. Mr Barker, please pull your head out of your butt.

Brandon Wiley

Hunter Gatherers - Acting Edition
Hunter Gatherers - Acting Edition
by Peter Sinn Nachtrieb
Price: $8.55
11 used & new from $8.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gem by Nachtreib, November 11, 2010
Nachtreib is a fantastic writer and this play is a must read for anyone with a great sense of humor. It starts off seemingly normal and gets crazier and crazier!

Nocturne: A Play
Nocturne: A Play
by Adam Rapp
Price: $12.05
87 used & new from $0.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Not For The Squeamish, October 21, 2010
This review is from: Nocturne: A Play (Paperback)
Any show that starts off with "Fifteen years ago I killed my sister" is going to be a helluva ride. Nocturne is that.

My introduction to Rapp. And a very good introduction. I find this story to be horrifying and sad. Not for those who like happy endings and smiles. Rapp has quickly become one of my favorite playwrights. Most of his plays are pretty funny but when he sucker punches you on occasion. This is one of those sucker punches that leaves you wanting more Rapp. A must buy and see.

Filthy Talk for Troubled Times: And Other Plays
Filthy Talk for Troubled Times: And Other Plays
by Neil Labute
Price: $11.99
30 used & new from $1.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Typical Talk for Labute Plays, October 21, 2010
Oh. My. God. I GET IT! How many times can Labute write a play about men hating/loving women and women hating/loving men?! And the monologues, enough already! It seems to me that LaBute's go- to is monologues when he can't figure out how to get to the next moment or make a point. Exposition is necessary but it's Labute's crutch.

Filthy Talk for Trouble Times is nothing but a series of rants from strippers and patrons of a strip club. They're angry, they stay angry, and I feel angry at the end for wasting my time reading a play that goes absolutely nowhere. Yes, LaBute can write some amazing dialogue but this script is simply self indulgent on his behalf.

As far as the "other plays" go, you get some short one acts and monologues. B-Sides, at best.

Someone I know who has produced many of his plays for years told me that this play was a marketing scheme. For what, trying to wreck the career of LaBute? If so, well done my friends. Well done.

Mr. Kolpert
Mr. Kolpert
by David Gieselmann
Price: $18.86
17 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!, September 29, 2010
This review is from: Mr. Kolpert (Paperback)
It's funny, witty, frightening, violent, intelligent, and has an ending that will last with you for ever. David Gieselmann is a genius! BUY THIS PLAY NOW!!

Page: 1 | 2