Profile for A. S. Bertagnolli > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. S. Bertagnolli "Al Nighter" RSS Feed (Huntsville, AL)

Sony BDPS5200 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi
Sony BDPS5200 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi
Offered by Video & Audio Center
Price: Click here to see our price
42 used & new from $65.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't Auto Connect to my Network, June 18, 2014
Every time I turn this blu ray player on, it gets a network connection error, and I have to manually connect to the network myself. It does retain my network name and password, but it won't auto connect. It does have an easy connection option that will connect once you select it, but you still have to be the one to do it. It's ridiculous.

In the short time I owned this product, I only watched a blu ray and watched Netflix. The blu ray experience was as expected. I didn't care for the Netflix user interface, as they waste a good 2/3 of the screen to advertise/recommend shows to watch.

Had this device been able to auto connect to my network on its own, I probably would've kept it, but since it's just preposterous that it's incapable of doing that, I couldn't justify keeping it.

Coleman 8D Square Pack-Away Full Size Lantern
Coleman 8D Square Pack-Away Full Size Lantern
Price: $30.65
6 used & new from $11.17

1.0 out of 5 stars Great until you need parts, June 15, 2014
This was a great product for me until I needed a new bulb. I can't seem to find this particular bulb anywhere. And, when I checked Coleman's website for ordering parts, they had the light's stock status as "temporarily unavailable". I should be able to just to goto any store and easily purchase a new bulb. I don't like the fact they either chose a bulb only they can replace, or 1 that is just hard to find in general.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2014 10:23 AM PDT

Ultimate Body Press Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar
Ultimate Body Press Wall Mounted Pull Up Bar
Price: $58.37
3 used & new from $51.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Install, Works Great, January 24, 2014
I actually installed this product in a wood beam instead of going on a wall. It allowed me to both put it higher up and avoid any possible issues with being too close to a wall. I'm not sure how well it would work if attached to a wall, but it extends out fairly far. Seems like it would work. I'd worry more that it wasn't high enough off the floor.

P90X Chin-up Max - Pull-up Assist Band
P90X Chin-up Max - Pull-up Assist Band
Offered by Beachbody
Price: $46.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey, but does the job, January 24, 2014
I really like having this assistance band. I typically will do as many pull-ups as I can without it, then use the band to crank out a few more, and then jump to a separate hand-held resistance band to simulate pull-ups (like a pull-down machine basically). I'd give it 5 starts, but I think Beach Body overprices their products for sure!

Black Mountain Products Resistance Band Set with Door Anchor, Ankle Strap, Exercise Chart, and Resistance Band Carrying Case
Price: $29.70
8 used & new from $25.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the ability to stack them1, January 24, 2014
I'm using these for P90X. I love the ability to stack them. I plan to buy some powerblock dumbbells at some point, but these bands allowed me to get started before making such a lofty investment. I'll definitely also get the orange and purple bands. Even after I get some dumbbells, I still think these bands will be a good change-it-up option, and allow me to do some exercises that dumbbells won't really be usable.

Cooler Master NotePal X2 Laptop Cooling Pad with 140mm Blue LED Fan (R9-NBC-4WAK-GP)
Price: $29.91
65 used & new from $10.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked great until the USB plugs wore out, April 16, 2013
This cooling pad worked great, but eventually the USB ports came loose and stopped working. I was expecting the cord to short out, but it was actually the ports. It's a shame, because I really liked this cooling pad otherwise. Now, I'm trying to find one that cools as well.

Professional ASP.NET MVC 2
Professional ASP.NET MVC 2
by Jon Galloway
Price: $12.05
122 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, January 11, 2012
The first chapter, although full of errors as everyone said, was really the best part of the book. I learn much better by example, and the 1st chapter was 160pages of it. The errors in the book, although inexcusible for something I paid money for, actually helped me learn more, because it forced me to debug the application and search for answers. I tend to learn more this way anyway, but it was pretty pathetic that these errors were published.

After chapter 1, I pretty much read the entire book in a couple of days, and learned almost nothing. Truthfully, I'm being a little biased, as I was reading Apress's Pro ASP.NET MVC 3 book at the same time. The only reason I bought this book was to see the difference between MVC 2 and MVC 3. I could've just bought Apress's MVC 2 book, but I wanted a different perspective. Unfortunately, it wasn't a very good one. Outside the first chapter, I really can't recommend this book. Look elsewhere. Apress's MVC 3 book is leaps and bounds better than this book, and goes far, far, far, into more detail than this book. However, it is twice as long. Both books fall short in that, like every other book, they only provide the simplest examples. It would be nice to see a book start like this book, right out of the gate, with a simple full web site example (btw, Apress's book spends the middle of their book and a full example as well); teach you meaning behind the example in the 2nd part, and then in a final 3rd part of the book, build a very real, detailed, hard-core, full-fledge website by example, just to nail it all down.

Frigidaire PLD4375RFC PLD4375RFC Built-In Dishwasher
Frigidaire PLD4375RFC PLD4375RFC Built-In Dishwasher

1.0 out of 5 stars JUNK!!! DO NOT BUY!!!, March 10, 2009
After spending nearly $1000 in the original purchase, installation, and repairs, I've decided to cut my losses and trash this dishwasher. Bought this product (or a similar one in this product line) 2 years ago. The user interface broke after only a year (but outside the warranty period). Without the user interface (the buttons used to run the thing), the entire dishwasher isn't of much good to you. After spending $230 on labor and a new user interface panel, the same part broke again after only about 5 months (again, outside the 90 day part warranty). Do NOT buy this product!!! I have always been a fan of Frigidaire for having economical prices and seemingly strong products, but this is the worse product from them I have ever bought, and I may never buy anything involving the Electrolux name (the true brand behind Frigidaire) again! For $1000, I could've easily bought a Bosch, and I will next time before wasting money on Frigidaire!