Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD
Profile for Michael B. > Reviews

Browse

Michael B.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Michael B. RSS Feed (Austin, TX)

ZVOX SoundBase 670 36"Sound Bar with 3 Built-In Subwoofers, Bluetooth, AccuVoice
Price: $368.48
34 used & new from $235.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior voice/dialog quality - better than the soundbars I tried, December 9, 2015
I tried and returned a couple of well-rated 2.1 sound bars (the LG LAS551H and the Yamaha YAS-203) before landing on the ZVOX 670. The primary issue I was trying to address was voice / dialogue quality. The sound bars had a disappointing mid-range and sent too much of deep voices to the sub-woofer, which was muddy. After doing some A-B testing between the YAS-203 and the ZVOX 670, the ZVOX was a clear winner. I think the fact that it has 5 main drivers (as opposed to 2 for most sound bars in this price range) gives it a real leg up on the mid-range, and the bass is decent enough with multiple built-in 5.25" subwoofers. Like the soundbars I tried, some of the added 'features' don't really add much, but I do like the fact that I can adjust treble and bass independently with the remote. I'm keeping the ZVOX, and am planning to give one to a relative for Christmas.

The only issue is an occasional small audio/video sync issue. I've found this sometimes occurs when I first turn on the TV + ZVOX. If I change channels the problem gets resolved. Not a big deal given that this is only occasional and has a 2-second fix.

PRIUS '04-'09 Toyota Prox Remote With Smart Entry System (Factory Original - NEW)
Offered by DaytonaToyota
Price: $106.99
8 used & new from $106.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Successfully programmed for 2008 Prius - full functionality, December 5, 2014
Received promptly and was able to program it for both in-slot engine start/stop, as well as for all remote/proximity SMART KEY functionality using the Chicken Dance instructions from the PriusChat forum (Topic = "IMPORTANT EXPERIENCE: KEY/FOB Programming Issues"; post #88 on page 5). Had to modify the Step 9 process a bit to get it to work. Here's what I did:
Follow steps 1-8 as in the original post
9a. Press the lock button on the OLD fob. Locks should cycle once.
9b. Press both lock & unlock buttons on NEW fob at the 'same' time. As per other posts, I actually pressed them so that the unlock button depressed a fraction of a second before the lock button. Release after 1 second.
9c. Immediately press the lock button on the NEW fob (did not wait the 3+ seconds as described in the forum). Locks cycles once and all was done.

Malcom Distributors 2.5mm Female to 3.5mm Male 3 rings Jack Stereo Adapter On/Off enabled - Convert 2.5 mm Stereo Cell Phone Headset to 3.5 mm MP3 Stereo Earpiece Earphones Input Jack for iPhone 1G 3G 3Gs, Blackberry, Motorola Droid, Palm Pixi, HTC Eris Nexus One
Offered by FAR CLOUD
Price: $2.14
23 used & new from $1.31

1.0 out of 5 stars Works for Plantronics => Thinkpad applications, April 5, 2012
As others have noted, 3.5mm jacks can be mono (TS = Tip/Sleeve), stereo (TRS = Tip/Ring/Sleeve), or multi-function (e.g., combined stereo outout plus mic input - TRRS = Tip/Ring/Ring/Sleeve). Late model Thinkpads that have a single 3.5mm jack for combined mic and headphones have the TRRS configuration. I wanted to use my Plantronics M175C wired headset (2.5mm TRS plug, single earpiece + boom mic) with my Thinkpad for Skype. This adapter works perfectly for this application. It both converts the 2.5mm to a 3.5mm plug, and also properly adapts the Plantronics' TRS plug configuration to the TRRS that the Thinkpad requires.

UPDATED: January 2015 - I ordered another one of these. It was shipped from "So Cool Mart" which turns out to be in Hong Kong. They shipped an adapter with a TRS tip, not the TRRS as pictured or expected. Will I return a $4 item to Hong Kong? Probably not, but beware of items from So Cool Mart.

3M Privacy Filter for Widescreen Laptop 15.4" (PF15.4W)
3M Privacy Filter for Widescreen Laptop 15.4" (PF15.4W)
Offered by Express Goods
Price: $55.40
53 used & new from $15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product - better than the competition, May 13, 2007
I'm a consultant who travels weekly. Lots of time on flights makes a privacy filter important to me. Being something of a perfectionist and the fact that I look through it for hours each week, I ordered both the ViewGuard and the 3M filters to compare them. I kept the 3M and returned the ViewGuard. Why?

The image clarity of the 3M filter was significantly better (note that I work with small fonts, spreadsheets, etc. and wear glasses) Yes, ViewGuard, I removed the protective film before making the comparison! Two things bugged me about the ViewGuard: (1) its polarization cuts run diagonally (the 3M run vertically), which is distracting, and (2) the image through the ViewGuard is a tiny bit blurry/hazy compared to the 3M. 3M seems to have a more clear film that they use. A colleague of mine did the same side-by-side and agreed with me.

Both products do what they claim, and both fit my notebook well, although I also prefer the optional vertical mounting strips that come with the 3M product (both come with mounting 'dots', but 3M supplies an alternate mounting mechanism as well).

Let's face it: $50 for a piece of plastic seems expensive, but there's no alternative if you want to work on client (or your own financial) information on a plane. Thanks, 3M, for making a quality product. (And no, I don't work for 3M!)