Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Cindy Clifford > Reviews

Browse

Cindy Clifford's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cindy Clifford RSS Feed (Long Island, New York)

The Odd Purgatory of My Personal Perception: Little Portraits
The Odd Purgatory of My Personal Perception: Little Portraits
by Keith Hamilton Cobb
Price: $14.95
25 used & new from $10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Pulling Back a Curtain on Private Lives, November 27, 2015
The best stories move you in to the lives of their characters. In this collection, the author has gone beyond and draws you in to their most intimate thoughts and experiences. Touches of lightness counterbalance the difficulties and challenges of love, loss, a lot of lust and being human. These stories are more little paintings of the lives and moments that could be ours or someone we've known.

The Baby Boom: How It Got That Way (And It Wasnít My Fault) (And Iíll Never Do It Again)
by P. J. O'Rourke
Price: $21.93
139 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This Explains Everything, February 8, 2014
As a proud Boomer my own self, I have fond memories of P. J.'s writings in National Lampoon... and clearly time has not diminished his sense of humor. He had me LMAO long before internet slang- hell, the internet even- existed.

Nice to see some things never change.

From the very first page (literally, from the prologue), this book and his views so nail what we went through and how we got to where we are, which is to say, where are we now anyway? But that's a whole different book and I digress.

To get back on point, I'm now buying up copies to send to my fellow survivors of the Summer of '69 and before.... and beyond. Because this book is just too fun and clever and honest and revealing and insightful and hilarious not to share.

Making It
Making It
Offered by Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Live the life of an Ad Gal (without leaving home), December 31, 2013
This review is from: Making It (Kindle Edition)
Diving into Ms. Ross' book is a plunge into the mind and heart(lessness) of the advertising world.

The story, Audrey's story, is one of learning to play the ad game, not necessarily fairly, while having to hold on to or let go of the usual burdens and expectations that plague working women everywhere.

The surprise beginning (now THERE's a twist!) kicks the story off in an unexpected direction and then follows Audrey, experiencing her own long litany of surprises.

The writing is crisp, fun, effortless and the book is one that you'll be reluctant to put down til you reach the end.

It Might Get Loud
It Might Get Loud
DVD ~ Jimmy Page
Price: $9.99
60 used & new from $3.83

5.0 out of 5 stars It Might Be Brilliant, November 5, 2009
This review is from: It Might Get Loud (DVD)
I caught this limited release documentary in the theater and cannot wait to see it again and to gift it to every guitar-loving friend I know.

"It Might Get Loud" is ridiculously, thunderously, deliciously good. If you love music, if you love guitars, if you love the creative process, you'll love watching while the boys pull back the curtain on their first guitars, on falling in love with music and on how it all comes together.

Some of the highlights; the Edge at the bulletin board where he first spotted 'Larry's' ad for musicians, the grown-up Jack White talking to little Jack White and getting to see Jimmy's face light up when he starts talking about the music. It's all just fabulous.

And when it was all over, I was just so glad that I play the guitar-- until I remembered, uh... I don't. But they do. And their enthusiasm and appreciation is just so infectious, you'll be running home to grab your imaginary Fender.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2011 8:02 PM PDT

Project Runway: Season 3
Project Runway: Season 3
DVD ~ Project Runway
44 used & new from $4.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Candy You Can't Resist, April 11, 2008
This review is from: Project Runway: Season 3 (DVD)
Okay, I love Project Runway. Who doesn't?? Even Oprah is a fan (did you hear she sat in on the audition judging panel for Season 5?)

Although Season 3 was not my absolute favorite (Come on, create fashion from recycling materials? Ew[...] the silk?) I had to have it- if only to re-watch the episodes with the Moms. Funny how meeting the moms of Michael Kors and Jeffrey Sabella really gives you a different perspective on the guys. To balance the trip to the Waste Management Plant, we did get to go along on the trip to Paris... Tres magnifique. And don't forget the Dogs, and creating a pageant gown for Miss USA... (was there anyone who thought Kayne WOULDN'T win? I doubt it...)

Like the first two, Season 3 has sew much to love (sorry).

Another Door Opens: A Psychic Explains How Those in the World of Spirit Continue to Impact Our Lives
by Jeffrey A. Wands
45 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An exceptional book, November 1, 2006
"Another Door Opens" is more than just another attempt to explore and explain the world from a psychic's point of view. Of all the books written on this subject, and I've read many, Jeffrey's is an extraordinary glimpse into a side of life not many of us are gifted enough to see.

In a way that is both simple to understand and imminently soothing, he is able to explain both how and why those we've lost are not really lost to us at all.

For anyone who already believes that the spirits of those we've loved live on, this book will reinforce your understanding while reaffirming your faith.

More importantly, for anyone uncertain or just hoping that there may be more to life than what we see, this book offers a view that could change the reader's perspective forever, both spiritually and emotionally.

Beyond the explanations, the examples and the testimonials, I felt a profound sense of comfort from reading this book. And, perhaps not suprisingly, it's a feeling that is still with me.