Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
Profile for SoxFan4Ever > Reviews

Browse

SoxFan4Ever's Profile

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

SoxFan4Ever RSS Feed (IL)

Page: 1 | 2
Contender Fight Sports Gel Panther Punch Mitts
Contender Fight Sports Gel Panther Punch Mitts
Offered by Forza Sports
Price: $39.99
6 used & new from $39.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Chemicals used in product and pads don't stay on hands (possibly vinyl inside), April 26, 2016
Not sure what to make of them....from the warning label on the bag that they contain known "cancer causing chemicals" to them actually slipping off my hands during training. If the boxer punches with a good amount of force my hands will slip out of the pads even when with the straps fully tightened. It is very difficult and time consuming to have to keep pushing my hands back in the pads during training. I don't have this problem at all with the old, worn out community pads that are sitting around the gym. I also honestly don't know which part of these are leather because the inside sure feels like HARD vinyl (maybe that's why my hands keep slipping?) The good news is that they came in just a couple of days, way faster than indicated.

FitWhips.com - Jump Rope - Premium Quality, Adjustable Speed Rope - Includes Free Book, Lifetime Support, Carry Case - Best for Cross Fitness Training - Boxing - WOD's - MMA - Exercise and Fitness ...
Offered by Fit Whip - Next Generation Jump Rope
Price: $24.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to cut to size but otherwise great!, April 14, 2016
4.5 stars. The only issue I had was cutting the rope to length. You can't use scissors or a knife, it has to be a wire cutter or another sharp/industrial cutting tool. Other than that, once the rope is cut to length it's pretty good and does not tangle at all. I recommend it to everyone.

CROWN Hair Fibers - Best Keratin Hair Fiber Product Instantly Thickens Thin Hair for Men and Women - Natural Hair Loss Concealer 0.87oz - Light Brown
Offered by Amazing Exclusives
Price: $24.95

3.0 out of 5 stars More red than "light brown", April 14, 2016
The fibers themselves are no different from the more expensive brands (Toppik?) although the "light brown" color is disappointingly RED! When I put it on my hair my scalp looks like it's on fire due to the color of the fibers (my hair is light brown with blonde highlights). For this reason I can only use it sparingly which clearly defeats the purpose. Bummer.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2016 5:40 AM PDT

Skechers Sport Women's Burst Divergent Demi Boot Sneaker
Skechers Sport Women's Burst Divergent Demi Boot Sneaker
Price: $42.96 - $118.00

2.0 out of 5 stars They hurt in the ankle area if you wear low cut socks!!!, April 14, 2016
Although skeptical about Skechers brand, I really loved the design of these shoes (the mid high-tops). I wear short/ankle socks with my gym shoes (who doesn't these days!) Well, those socks won't work with this shoe. I suspected this may be the case but none of the reviews mentioned this so I went along with the purchase. If you don't wear high enough socks, the top of these shoes (around the ankle) will rub against your skin and make you SUFFER. I've worn the shoes for a few hours today and the back of my ankles where the shoe stops (just above the heel) is practically bleeding. To wear these shoes I need to invest in higher/taller socks which quite honestly won't look "cute" so it defeats the entire purpose of purchasing them. I'm not happy about this, at all, and I'm shocked no one else had this issue!!! They are very cute on but what's the point if I can't even walk in them. Memory foam? Yeah, whatever, it's pointless given the pain and discomfort in the ankle area. Besides, the memory foam doesn't feel any better than my middle-of-the road Nikes.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars No More Pain in My Hands!, March 31, 2016
I went from cheap 12 oz Everlast Pro Elite to these. I had tremendous pain in my hands from the Everlast gloves during mitts and bag training. It was so bad that it limited my training and I had to ice my hands every evening. The trainers at my boxing gym said to go with 14 oz good quality gloves. At first I got Hayabusa Ikusa but returned them due to a bad thumb design plus 14 oz in Hayabusa was huge on me. I was going to buy more expensive gloves but after reading reviews on these RDX I decided to go with them (especially because a lot of reviews wrote that the gloves run small - PERFECT!) I can tell you that these gloves are a dream come true. From the first moment I used them the pain in my hands disappeared completely. No more need to ice my hands and I'm so much better during training because my hands no longer hurt. The gloves are soft yet springy, they make punching a breeze. Good job RDX folks!

Hayabusa Ikusa Gloves, 14-Ounce, White/Red
Hayabusa Ikusa Gloves, 14-Ounce, White/Red

2.0 out of 5 stars Strange/Painful Thumb Design, March 28, 2016
This review is from: Hayabusa Ikusa Gloves (Sports)
My hands hurt tremendously while training on mitts and on the heavy bag (my wrists are OK, the pain is in my hands only), My trainer recommended Hayabusa. My size should be 12 oz but I ordered 14 oz for extra padding. It is very difficult for me to come up with a great training glove because I have small hands yet need extra padding to absorb the punches. The padding on these Hayabusas is GREAT (very "springy") but the thumb design is what really puzzles me. It literally cuts into your thumb area on the inner/meaty part of your palm. Other than that, the gloves felt very large (lots of knuckle room inside comparing to some other 14s). I ended up having to return them due to the thumb issue. They hurt even just trying them on and punching the bag for a minute. Otherwise, we ordered the gloves on Saturday afternoon and received them on SUNDAY (yes, next day on a Sunday!!!!) So, great job as far as this seller's expedited shipment via Prime.

THE PIT WORKOUT-SKILLS AND DRILLS
THE PIT WORKOUT-SKILLS AND DRILLS
DVD ~ MMA ROOTS

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective, requires more equipment and floor space, February 13, 2016
I've been using the original Pit DVDs for a while so I thought I'd try this one out. I was sad that it only came with one exercise.
Unlike the original, this one requires a lot of equipment and a lot more floor space. My workout space at home is tiny so I couldnt do a lot of the exercises. You will need: larger workout area, exercise bands, bumbells (I have those already), floor drills ladder, the floor/free form oponent bag, punching bag. Due to my lack of workout space I dont think I can maximize on this workout. Other than this issue, the punching/kicking combinations themselves are worth buying the DVD and in true Pit form, my body is still sore 2 days later :)

The Pit Workout
The Pit Workout
DVD ~ John Hackleman
9 used & new from $10.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Old School Conditioning, December 16, 2015
This review is from: The Pit Workout (DVD)
This is a great workout for those who have some experience/knowledge in martial arts/MMA/ boxing. John doesn't explain or enforce techniques of punching and kicking throughout the 3 workouts (where he has you shadow boxing) so you need to learn the basics if you aren't familiar with fighting. During the workouts though, John pushes endurance more than technique because in the rink or during a street fight it's the last person standing who wins, not the one with proper technique. This is nothing fancy, just downright old school conditioning in a plain gym environment with real looking people. No one is wearing flashy workout apparel and the women look like they can kick your as*! Each and every time I do this workout I feel like puking half way through so I can do it only on days when I feel my absolute best. This is no joke.

Attacking Anxiety & Depression Program, A Drug-Free, Self-Help Guide To Curing Anxiety, Depression And Stress
by Lucinda Bassett
Edition: CD-ROM
7 used & new from $89.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The Only Thing That Helped, February 28, 2015
I went through this program several years ago when I was in my early 20s. Panic attacks came out of NOWHERE followed by bad depression. I thought I was absolutely losing my mind. It spiraled downward into a terrible time of my life. I went through a couple of therapists who couldn't really help because no matter what they told me I thought it was losing my mind while MDs just tried to prescribe pills which I refused to take. One night I was watching TV and saw this on an infomercial, of all things. Without hesitation (out of sheer desperation) I ordered it. This program is the only thing that helped me. Now it seems almost surreal that I went through that experience several years ago. Not to say I don't from time to time still get anxious but it has nothing to do with what I went through during that awful period in my early twenties. This program thought me what i had and how to deal with it. I haven't had a panic attack in over 10 years and even if i ever have one again, "so what"!! It's not a heart attack and I'm not "going crazy". Buy this, program it'll truly help. I healed without any pills or expensive therapy. I know what you are going through and you CAN have your life back!!

Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo, 14 Fluid Ounce
Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo, 14 Fluid Ounce
Price: $5.50
84 used & new from $5.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Failing promises....(as everything else out there), November 25, 2013
My hair thinning started when I was a teenager. I tried literally EVERYTHING on the market (and I mean everything). I had some hopes in this shampoo/conditioner...but, it's simply not working for me. I've been using it for about 2 months now. It makes my hair EXTREMELY DRY and my hair feels horrible to the touch. No body, no volume, no softness no thickness to my hair...what so ever. All these negative factors make my hair look even thinner. The conditioner is absolutely horrible...you need extreme amounts of it JUST to feel like it's somewhat doing its job. Literally leaves my hair more dry than shampoos alone and "good luck" brushing your hair out of the shower - tangle hell. And for people who keep writing that it smells good...really? It smells good? WHO CARES! We don't buy this for the smell, us desperate people buy it to regrow our hair! I could live with this shampoo/conditioner if I knew for a fact that it forced new hair growth, but that I can't be certain as I'm also using Aveda hair revitalizer serum day/night. I've seen baby hairs but I don't know if it's due to Aveda or this shampoo/conditioner.

Page: 1 | 2