Profile for Peter > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1018

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Peter "robilar5500" RSS Feed (Bountiful)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Pillars of Eternity Champion Edition [Download]
Pillars of Eternity Champion Edition [Download]
Price: $59.99

Received as part of a Kickstarter reward for backing the game.

So....this game was everything I hoped for and more. Obsidian really set the bar for CRPG's. Beyond that, I think Avellone and company really elevated their game further as far as their story writing goes as well. Just flat out superb, seamless, and fairly well flawless IMO.

There has been a lot written about this game already, obviously, but I will say that with all the hype and all the funding that went into this, the potential for a let down was great, so to have the game not only deliver, but deliver in such grand fashion was amazing.

The character development was deep and fulfilling and the quests actually made sense....rather than just simple fetch and escort quests with no rhyme or reason, everything had an actual reason in this game, and even where they didnt serve to advance the main story, they still had a very real role in filling out the depth of the world itself.

The actual story line itself was pretty gripping. The end of Act 1 gave you the sense of a journey really just beginning, the end of Act 2 was a "holy ♥♥♥♥!" moment, and the end of Act 3 let you know there was no turning back and that everything was about to get all too real as you approached the end of the game. That doesnt even factor in some of the other, non main quests story lines that develop throughout the game, which are also stellar.

The journey itself was filled with pretty much any emotion you can imagine. The moral choices were often difficult due to the realistic consequences that come with every decision.
Speaking of decisions, quite a few of them factor into the ending...and speaking of endings, I cant remember another game that had such a well thought out one. There also seems to be potential for a lot of variations to the ending depending on what choices you made at pivotal moments throughout. My ending was a fair mix of incredibly good and depressingly bad consequences to what I had done during my extensive playthrough. I loved that fact.

I am thoroughly impressed with this game, and I have to give it the edge over Baldurs Gate 2 as maybe the best CRPG of all time, and a top 5 all time great game from any genre.

I have a lot more to say, but so vast was the story and so deep the experience, that I think maybe it's better if I leave the rest unsaid and let you form your own opinion instead.

Play this.

Can there be a 15 out of 10? Because seriously, I think that is how I am going to rate this game.

Pillars of Eternity Royal Edition [Download]

Price: $44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars New number one all time greatest CRPG., May 1, 2015

Aleratec Heavy Duty Flat LCD/LED TV Swivel Stand 2-Tier Entertainment Rack
Aleratec Heavy Duty Flat LCD/LED TV Swivel Stand 2-Tier Entertainment Rack

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice swivel stand with enough shelving to hold your TV related items, April 26, 2015
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review.

This little swivel stand is in my estimation perfect for a bedroom television that, in my case, sits atop a dresser. It's really quite convenient with space to store our Roku, Ouya, Wii, and PS3 along with the attendant controllers and a few games. This obviously helps us to reduce the dresser top clutter, which has been quite nice. It also looks nice and is unobtrusive, making this a win as far as items go. I haven't had cause to test its durability, but it certainly holds up to the minor stress of holding our 32 inch TV just fine, and as mentioned before, has enough space with the shelves to keep clutter to a minimum. I am quite pleased with this item.

Silent So Long
Silent So Long
Price: $10.00
55 used & new from $5.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album!, April 26, 2015
This review is from: Silent So Long (Audio CD)
This is a great album. While it has influences as varied as NIN and Motorhead, this album still manages to have a very clear vision and manages to convey that perfectly. The song structure throughout is impeccable, and the mix of musicianship and songwriting is simply great. A rocking album that is eminently listenable and something you can hear over and over without it ever getting old. There are also quite a few guest appearances on this album such as Jonathon Davis from Korn for example.

I recommend checking this out for sure. I have really enjoyed it.

Disney Phineas and Ferb Perry Plush - 10inch mini bean Agent P Perry Stuffed Animal
Offered by Kingtoys
Price: $8.99
27 used & new from $3.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's Perry? *hint....he is somewhere in my house right now fighting Doofenshmirtz*, April 26, 2015
Looks exactly like the product page image.
It is definitely durable as my toddlers abuse stands testament to lol.
Really, it is well crafted, looks great, is soft, and in my estimation is a perfect toy for the kiddos....especially if they have already been asking you where Perry is. :)

Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad, Black
Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad, Black
Price: $24.99
109 used & new from $11.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Unresponsive keys and hyper sensitive mouse pad, April 26, 2015
I didnt love this keyboard at all. For one, it is tiny...much smaller than you really get a sense for. However, and more importantly, the keys not only arent responsive, but when they do register, they often stick, and you truly have to peck hard to get it to respond to begin with. Also, that little touch mouse on the side....picks up indirect motion....meaning you dont have to touch it for it to respond, which is kind of funny in a way since it is hyper sensitive while the keys are the complete opposite. It is possible that I got a defective unit, but I would lean in a different direction if I was looking for a smaller keyboard.

AULA LED Backlit Gaming Keyboard (3 Colorways)
AULA LED Backlit Gaming Keyboard (3 Colorways)
Offered by Porpora®
Price: $25.88
94 used & new from $22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect keyboard for gaming, typing, whatever., April 26, 2015
I have really been loving this keyboard. I wasnt certain going in, what with the hilarious typos in the product description due to a shaky grasp of the English language, lol, but actually, it's truly been great. The backlighting is nice as is the ability to change colors. I generally stick with blue, but none of the three are obtrusive and all help out under low light circumstances.

The key layout I especially appreciate. It is set up exactly the way I would expect (and having tried out a number of keyboards, I can tell you that a lot of companies dont stick with this tried and true format for some reason). Additionally, while the keys are firm, they never stick and are completely responsive. The keyboard is also the perfect size. None of the keys are too large or too small. This was definitely made with everybody in mind. I have large hands, but my wife has small hands, and both of us use this keyboard without any issues and in fact, it is completely comfortable.

I use it for a pretty fair mix of general typing and k/m gaming, so I can definitively affirm its usefulness/comfort/efficiency under both circumstances

It is also quite durable. It's been knocked around, dropped, stepped on, and generally abused, and is no worse for wear.

The only thing I would like to see done differently is the addition of a longer power cord OR a wireless option. Other than that, this keyboard is flawless in my opinion.

Premium Lemon Squeezer - Quality Steel with Large-Size Bowl - Suitable for Lemons and Limes
Offered by Deltus Group LLC
Price: $19.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, efficient, versatile. Definite winning item., April 26, 2015
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review.

This lemon squeezer is really the perfect device for juicing a few lemons. Much like a garlic press, this takes the brunt of the work making it easy on you the user. It is actually surprisingly easy to place a half lemon in the squeezer, squeeze, and actually get basically all the juice you possibly can from it. So, minimal effort and maximum payout equals a great device.

As far as the durability, I havent had any issues. It isnt as heavy as I would have thought, and it is set up essentially the same as a pair of tongs with a similar spring mechanism at the end. I would expect the life of the squeezer to be about the same as a good pair of tongs based on this.

Cleaning it is as simple as rinsing it off, and I have had no issues with washing it in a dishwasher either,.

One final note: I have played around with squeezing other citrus with similar results. Limes work fine as do smaller oranges, tangerines, etc...

All told, over the month and a half or so that I have been testing this out, it has been a stellar item, and I have no problem recommending it. In fact, I would say it is almost a must own if you cook or make drinks often with fresh squeezed citrus as we do.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20