Profile for Peter Faden > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 855

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Peter Faden "robilar5500" RSS Feed (Bountiful)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
HomeFlav Heavy Duty Premium Super Shredder Herb & Tobacco Grinder (silver)
HomeFlav Heavy Duty Premium Super Shredder Herb & Tobacco Grinder (silver)
Offered by HomeFlav

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple and effective device., October 15, 2014
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review

So, this is a pretty simple device, and if you are in the market for one, you probably already have a use in mind and probably some experience using them as well. Although I can think of an application that most owners will be using this for, I have tested this out specifically for kitchen use. I grow many fresh herbs such as basil, thyme, rosemary, etc....and I have experimented using this grinder with the various types of fresh herbs. This grinder defintiely works well. The blades arent razor sharp as advertised, but they are sturdy and effective. The lid is magnetized, which is a nice feature. The bottom has a keef screen. I doubt you will find this useful in a kitchen, but it is there, and it looks like it would work perfectly for the task it was designed.
Although it's got a little weight to it, the grinder is actually pretty small and is easily stored pretty much anywhere.
Anyway, I think this workks great for kitchen use. If that is your intent, you will do well with this grnder. If you have other uses for it, I cant speak to its effectiveness, but it will obviously work well under those circumstances as well.
Anyway, I've given it a solid two months of testing, and it has held up well and worked perfectly each time.

Brightech - Active2™ Bluetooth Headset / Headphones with Mic for Wireless Streaming Music and Hands Free Calling
Offered by Brightech™
Price: $50.00
6 used & new from $23.82

5.0 out of 5 stars New favorite earbuds, October 10, 2014
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review.

So, I will say that this is one of the more surprising review items I've received. They look big and clunky, and I was a bit skeptical at first. However, it turns out that these earbuds fit me perfectly. They are actually quite comfortable.

The bluetooth itself works pretty well. I've tested it out being in different rooms and on a different floor, and it's picked up the signal well. When I walked outside, I picked up minimal interference.

The earbuds charge in about 2 hours on a fast charger. The charge lasts for right at 6 hours of continual use. It hasnt really seen a lot of downtime, so I cant speak to how long it will hold the charge if it isnt being used for a while.

It's easy to switch between phone calls and music when necessary

I own a pair of higher end earbuds as well, and I would say the sound is comparable. There is maybe a little drop off with these, but not enough for it to really matter.

All in all, a pretty stellar pair of earbuds.

Heavy Gauge 18/8 Stainless Skimmer Spoon, with 10 Inch Handle. Made of ONE Piece Stainless Steel.
Offered by Brooklyn Deals
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and effective skimmer, October 9, 2014
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review

So, this stainless stell skimmer is definitely a top tier home kitchen item. The handle is comfortable, the slenght of the handle and size of the skimmer itself are perfect, and it's solid design pretty much gurarantees that you will be using this skimmer for years to come.
I've seen some reviews calling this a serving spoon. That is NOT what this is designed for. It's designed to pick up and strain fried or boiled foods, or skim soups, sauces, etc...it functions perfectly in this regard. I personally use it mostly for pasta, although I have also used it for fried plantains and potatoes, onions, and so on.
If you are looking to buy a skimmer, it's easy to recommend buying this one. You may never need to buy another one afterwards.

Tea Beyond Clear Glass Teapot Butterfly 710ml 24 Oz Non Drip with Infuser
Tea Beyond Clear Glass Teapot Butterfly 710ml 24 Oz Non Drip with Infuser
Offered by Tea Beyond
Price: $24.00
2 used & new from $24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars An elegant and functional teapot/infuser, October 9, 2014
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review.

So, this is a very delicate looking teapot/infuser, and given as how it is made from blown glass, I would treat it as such. It isnt designed to be heated on a stove top or anything like that. That said, I think this is a very nice product. It looks quite elegant and can easily be used for special occasions. However, it's equally adept at handling your day to day tea drinking. I like that the handle is non slip (or seems that way), and the infuser is large enough to accomodate the size of the pot. The handle also does not get hot, ehich was a concern I had. It's also dishwasher safe. Anyway, outside of all that, it's basically exactly what you would expect...a teapot/infuser, lol. We use it frequently and it's held up well. In related news, we were also sent some blooming teas, and it was really neat watching that happen in this teapot. Looked really cool.

Ouddy 12-Inch 3-Sided Grill Brush
Ouddy 12-Inch 3-Sided Grill Brush
Offered by Ouddy
Price: $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprisingly well made and durable brush, October 8, 2014
This review is from: Ouddy 12-Inch 3-Sided Grill Brush
Disclaimer: I received this product free in exchange for an honest review.

So, as far as grill brushes go, these are definitely of superior quality to most of the other similar items on the market. I actually use grill brushes pretty much daily due to my personal interests as well as my occupation as a chef. They are actually useful on tove top grills and panini presses as well. Anyway, I've had this for around two months now, and there has been very little damage done to the bristles. They are spaced perfectly for just about every grill. The handles are long enough to get good leverage and also have a nice grip to them. They are also long enough to avoid a bit of heat from the grills (which are more easily cleaned while still hot), THe strap is a nice feature as well. Based on everything so far, I have no problem giving this item 5 stars. I find it to be very useful and very well made. I do like this one better than the larger brush Ouddy also sells, but they are basically the same. I think this one gives you a bit more abiity to get a more throough cleaning personally.

Ouddy 17-Inch 3-Sided Grill Brush - BBQ Brush - BBQ Tool - Stainless Steel BBQ Brush - 17-Inch T-Brush
Offered by Ouddy
Price: $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprisingly well made and durable brush, October 8, 2014
Disclaimer: I received this product free in exchange for an honest review.

So, as far as grill brushes go, these are definitely of superior quality to most of the other similar items on the market. I actually use grill brushes pretty much daily due to my personal interests as well as my occupation as a chef. They are actually useful on tove top grills and panini presses as well. Anyway, I've had this for around two months now, and there has been very little damage done to the bristles. They are spaced perfectly for just about every grill. The handles are long enough to get good leverage and also have a nice grip to them. They are also long enough to avoid a bit of heat from the grills (which are more easily cleaned while still hot), THe strap is a nice feature as well. Based on everything so far, I have no problem giving this item 5 stars. I find it to be very useful and very well made. I do like the smaller version of this one a bit better personally, but outside of that, they are basically the same FYI.

Acc U Rate® Jumbo Extra-wide Quality Drinking Wrapped Straw 9" Colored Boba Bubble Tea Milkshake Smoothie (40)
Offered by Med Shop & Beyond
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice big straws for all your thicker beverages, and great for the kiddos as well., September 5, 2014
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review

So, this is really a simple and effective item for the purposes described. hese straws are pretty perfect for smoothies, shakes, and bubble teas, all of which my wife and I enjoy from time to time, and smoothies in particular we make almost daily for ourselves and our daughter. They are certainly wide enough to present no issues with thicker beverages, and with the pearl teas, they are the perfect size to enjoy the tapioca pearls. Speaking of my daughter, we have found that she has an easier time using these straws, and is particularly enamored of their various colors, lol. Which brings up another point, which is that they are actually reasonably durable...not that you want to use the same straw over and over, but my daughter, who is 3 years old, likes to sneak them away and play with them, and they have withstood her abuse, lol.
Anyway, a nice product, and one that is easy to recommend.

Wrist Wraps for Wrist Support ● Free Paleo E-book Included ● Weight lifting Wrist Wraps By Awesome Fitness Come with 100% Lifetime Warranty ● Specially Priced Limited Supply
Offered by Awesome-Fitness
Price: $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stellar wrist wraps that exceeded my expectations., September 5, 2014
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair an honest review

Well, I've had a solid month to try these out and I can confirm that these wrist wraps really are a stellar product. The velcro straps are pretty great and havent worn out at all (which they are prone to do). My wife and I have both used this pair, and they fit well for both of us (I can palm a basketball, my wife cant even palm a voleyball, for perspective regarding hand size), which verifies that they really are one size fits all. They really do absorb sweat (which I was skeptical of actually) which does of course means you have a better grip. So, those are directly benefits to wearing these while weight llifting, which my wife and I both do (we arent "weight lifters" but we do incorproate weights into our workouts).
The greatest benefit for us has been the increased stability though. The hand strap actually seems to impact that at least as much as the stitching. That has been pretty great. My wife is actually a LMT, and she has used these to help increase her endurance and stability using them in conjunction with deep clinical massages. One thing I have noticed (as a recipient of said massages) is that I didnt even notice she was wearing them. That is pretty important since you dont want to feel the fabric from the hand strap, and from what I could tell, you cant feel them. So, there is another use for these wraps that people may not have explored.
I think this is a wonderful product and was glad for the opportunity to try them out.

The Righteous & The Butterfly
The Righteous & The Butterfly
Price: $10.00
51 used & new from $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Todays Mushroomhead is even better than the Mushroomhead of yesteryear., September 1, 2014
This album is sort of an exercise in displaying a lot of influences while still maintaining the Mushroomhead identity. You can hear some Faith No More, some Slayer, and so on, but this is Mushroomhead though and through. However, there has also been an evolution of the band which incorporates more straight ahead rock and less metal.
Personally, I'd say this is by far my favorite Mushroomhead album yet. I cant stop listening to it. Just so good and so diverse that it deserves peoples attention.

Smart Weigh ACE110 Digital Shipping Postal Scale (110lb.) with Extendable Cord and Bright Blue Backlight Display, Batteries and AC Adapter Included
Offered by MeasuRite
Price: $34.99
3 used & new from $28.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and accurate postal scale, September 1, 2014
Disclaimer: I received this scale in exchnage for a fair and honest review.

So, tis scale really is a well made and durable device. I've definitely mistreated mine over the last month or two with no ill effect.
It's accurate and easy to use. I tested this device with sheets of paper which were the lightest things I could think of. It didnt register one sheet, but did weigh two sheets. It has also weighed many items that I personally sell via Amazon, ebay, and other venues, and was exact with all of them (mostly books and video game related items, somce of which weighed quite a bit).
It tares of course and can also hold a weight after you remove an item if you like. The power cord is able to extend far enough to be useful in a lot of spots, the LED is clear and easy to read, and from my own tests, I think this scale performs exactly as it should.
I was glad to have the opportunity to try it out and will continue to use it for my own shipping needs. If anything changes, I will update this review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20