Profile for Peter Faden > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 812

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Peter Faden "robilar5500" RSS Feed (Bountiful)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
#1 Rated Hot Yoga Towel - Mat-Sized, Microfiber, Super Absorbent, Anti-slip, Injury Free, 26.5" x 72" - Best Microfiber Accessory for Hot Yoga - Exercise, Fitness, Pilates, and Yoga Gear; Lifetime Guarantee
Offered by Shandali
Price: $59.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great towel for yoga/workouts/etc..., July 26, 2014
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I really like this Yga towel. My wife does yoga and liked using the towel with that. I have used it at the gym, and it was also great there.
The fact that it is non slide is really, really nice. A great feature actually.
It is absorbent as claimed and does hang dry nicely. We've also washed it w/o ill effect (although we didnt run it through a dryer, preferring to hang dry it instead).
It's also very soft to the touch, rolls up into a very small and compact roll, and really doesnt weigh anything at all.

Pretty stellar product in my opinion.

Brightech - EnergyXtreme™ - Waterproof and Shockproof 5200mAh Portable Battery Charger with Laser Pointer and Flashlight. Get Piece of Mind no Matter Where You are. Be Ready for Emergencies. Stay Online and In-touch even in Rough Conditions. Compatible with iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, iPad Mini, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Nexus 4, HTC One, One 2 (M8), Motorola Droid, Moto X, PS Vita, Gopro, most Smartphones, Tablets and other USB-charged devicess
Price: $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect charger for outdorrs activities., July 26, 2014
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review

This is a really cool little charger. The waterproofing (visible on the product page pic) works (as long as the ports arent exposed of course) and also functions as a grip, which is more handy when using the other features of course.
The charger itself is 1.0A, meaning it will charge most phones, but generally not other devices such as tablets. The bank, fully charged, was able to recharge my phone (a Blackberry) 3 times with enough charge remaining to play around with the light, laser pointer, and SOS light quite a bit...which I did, since I'm pretty much a child at heart anyway, lol.
So, the other features are quite practical. The SOS ight flashes SOS in morse, and although I dont know how many people really know Morse Code these days, I do know that it attracts peoples attention, which is really what it is all about. The LED light itself is reasonably bright and functional as a flashlight. Wont illuminate a room, but it does light your path well enough and is great for looking through boxes or wandering through your attic. The laser pointer works well. I've played with this quite a bit, and it is clear from at least 50 feet away (I didnt test it at greater distances), but it worked great from what I did try it on. Bright during the day, very bright at night. It's a bit on the heavy side for a charger, but still lightweight overall.
Personally, I think this is a great charger and perfect for camping or other activities where you might find yourself needing one.

[Apple Certified] Brightech - Energetic3™ - Portable Battery Charger with Integrated Lighting and Micro-USB Cables - 8400Ah Battery Cell - Perfect for Travel and Road Warriors - The Most Convenient and Smart Way to Charge Your Phone On the Go - Apple Certified
Price: $65.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A convenient and effective charger., July 26, 2014
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review

I have found this external charger to be a very nice addition to my growing collection of external chargers, and has become a daily use item for my wife and I. The attached charging cables (micro USB and Lightning charger) is a very nice and convenient feature. It makes it easy to grab this and go, rahter than have to look around for a cable to use with it. I didnt find this charger to be the fastest (it charged my phones in about 45 minutes and my Kindle Fire in about an hour and a half...iPad took more like 3 hours to charge completely), but it does work with a variety of items, and is consistent. It also holds a reasonable charge. I was able to charge 2 phones, the Kindle Fire, and about 3/4 of my iPad on one charge. The charge indicator, which is activated by tapping or shaking the charger, is pretty cool. It's size is comparable to most cell phones. It can be recharged from any USB device.
All in all, a convenient and effective charger.

e-Plugz Earplugs - Sound Advice While Sleeping, at Work and General Peace & Quiet - Provides Noise Cancelling of NRR 33. 'Comfo-soft' Material Shapes to Fit Large to Very Small Ear Canals Comfortably. 20 Pairs/40 Units
Offered by Info Solutions Fuzion
Price: $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great noise filtering plugs., July 26, 2014
Disclaimer: I received these in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I've been trying these off and on over the last month or two at different places and under different circumstances.

For general home use (such as cancelling noise while you sleep), these do in fact elminate most ambient noise. I have found that they dont necessarily canel noises out completely, but they do filter noise to the point where it is no longer obtrusive.

I have worn them at a couple concerts and they again do filter sound to the point where you can still hear everything clearly but arent overwhelmed by a wall o sound (concerts worn at included Mastodon and Black Label Society).

I've also worn them at stores a few times (strange looks from people notwithstanding, lol). Foe me, it was nice to filter the ambient noise from loud children and pointless conversations, lol.

Outside of that, I also wear them when playing guitar often.

All in all, I think these are great noise filters. They wont block sound completely, but they do make noise more manageable in situations where that is beneficial. They are easy to put in...simply roll them in your fingers for a few seconds, pull your ear lobe a bit and insert the plug, wait about 25 seconds them push them in again for about 5 seconds. After that, they will pretty much stay in as long as you need them to.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 28, 2014 2:30 PM PDT

MIRA Brands Digital Kitchen Scale in Tempered Glass, 11-Pound, Brown
MIRA Brands Digital Kitchen Scale in Tempered Glass, 11-Pound, Brown
Price: $26.17
4 used & new from $20.65

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice looking and precise kitchen scale., July 20, 2014
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review

So, this scale arrived about a month and a half ago, and I've been testing it out since then. I receive a lot of digital scales for review, so I have a lot of testing material available to compare and verify scale accuracy. This scale has passed the test admirably and repeatedly since I received it. It is completely precise in it weighing of various test weights, all the way to the 11 pound limit (something I have verified using postal scales by way of comparison).

Anyway, precision is important and this scale is precise. The tempered glass has seen some callous disregard on my part, in that I have casually tossed a variety of materials on it to test that out, and variable temperatures as well. It has held up and actually still looks brand new. Speaking of looks...this is an appealing looking scale. It actually looks nice on the countertop.

It is very sensitive to touch, which might be seen as an issue, but it also auto shuts down after about 30 seconds of non use, which protects you from copious battery drain. Speaking of batteries, it does take 3 AAA batteries which were included with the scale and still are holding up fine. Still, you should be aware of this. Most scales use batteries, but it is still a consideration.

It can use either ounce or gram units of measurement, which is an important feature for any kitchen scale in my opinion. Using grams is a far more precise means of measurement when cooking, so when recipes call for precision, that is the way to go. Ounces are a more convenient and generic means of measuring things, so when something doesnt require precise measurements, I go with that. They both work down to .1 of their respective measurements. The tare feature works very quickly as well, and the scale does actually only weigh what is on the scale itself. Stuff hanging over the edge doesnt seem to add to the measurement at all. I view this as a positive personally.

All in all, this is a stellar scale and one which I am glad to have available in my kitchen. The one thing I would change in the design is adding a hanging hook or somesuch, but that is just a personal wish and not something lacking that diminishes the quality of this device at all.

AYL Best Garlic Press Stainless Steel with Cleaning Brush - Make Your Own Freshly Crushed and Minced Garlic and Ginger from Unpeeled Cloves and Ginger - Enjoy the Amazing Health Benefits of Garlic - Great for Garlic-Mixed Cooking Spices, Herb & Garlic Marinade Recipes - Now You Can Easily Add it to Every Dish of Food!
Offered by Accessorise Your Life
Price: $49.99
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super sturdy and completely effective kitchen tool that sees daily use in my home., July 20, 2014
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review.

This is a very heavy duty garlic press, and probably the best one I have ever used (I am a chef professionally btw). That product page pic showing its use is accurate. You just load, squeeze, and clean. Cleaning is as simple as rinsing in warm soapy water, although I have found it to be dishwasher safe as well. You dont need to peel the garlic, and the skins are easily removed with your fingers or by simply rinsing the press. I have also used this press for ginger. I recommend peeling the ginger first. It does work great with ginger as well though, which is great since garlic and ginger happen to be two staples of my diet.
The press seems indestructible so far after a little more than a month of heavy use. It can be hung for storage, which is also quite convenient.

Overall, I would say this is an eminently successful item and one I am glad to have.

Brightech Contour™ LED Floor Lamp - Bright & Beautiful Light - Made from Brushed Anodized Aluminum - Bend and Shape to Any Position with 3 Pivoting Sections - Latest LED Technology - Cool to the Touch - Saves Energy - Worth the Investment
Price: $300.00
3 used & new from $124.92

5.0 out of 5 stars A great, energy and space efficent floor lamp., July 20, 2014
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review

This lamp really lives up to its claims. It is completely flexible and can be placed pretty much anywhere. The three swivels/joints allow you to pretty much point the lamp wherever you want without needing to move it...and it allows you to pretty much put the lamp anywhere you need while still maximizing its use. It doesnt take up much space at all...it is slender, sleek, and unobtrusive (it actually looks pretty cool as well).
The LED light is very bright. It alone provides enough light for our living room at night, eliminating the need to use the overhead lights in the room, which is also nice. Overheads can be annoyingly bright and in your face, lol.
Te energy savings is measurable as well. In testing it's energy use over the last three week, I would say it is quite accurate in the claim that it reduces your energy use by about 90% from 80 watt bulbs (87% in our case).

Really, a very nicely crafted and well thought out product that I highly recommend.It sees nightly use in my home.

Bolse® Standard Cell Phone Chargers 25W (5V/5A) 4-Port USB Wall/Desktop charger With SmartIC&trade Technology for iPhone 5, 5S, 4S, iPad Air, mini, retina mini; iPad 4, 3, 2; Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, S3; Galaxy Note 3, 2; LG G2, HTC one (M8), Bluetooth Speakers, and Android Devices With 5FT/1.5M Power Cord-Black
Offered by LowerPriceUSA
Price: $26.99

4.0 out of 5 stars No frills efficiency., July 20, 2014
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review

This is a sturdy, efficient, and compact USB charger that does in fact work great on the desktop due to its small size, and does actually charge anything that charges via USB as it is suppoed to. There does seem to be a max output, so be aware of that. You wont be able to charge 4 tablets at the same time (or rather, you could, but it wont be quick), but you could charge 2 tablets and 2 lower output items reasonably efficiently. In fact, this does charge items rather quickly. That's pretty much it....it is a no frills, effective device. It isnt the best charger I have used, but it is rally good, and I can easily recommend it.

AYL® Sphere Ice Ball Maker Mold - SALE! BUY 1 Blue Silicone Ice Ball Mold with 4 x 2" Ball Capacity Tray AND GET a Set of 2 Large Blue 2.5" Single Ice Ball Molds FOR FREE! Makes 6 Mixed Size Ice Balls! Perfect for Scotch, Fruit Drinks, Whiskey, Lemonade, Bourbon, Cocktails, Pitchers of Iced Tea - Made from Premium Food Grade Silicone Material, that is Dishwasher Safe, and BPA Free and FDA Approved
Offered by Accessorise Your Life
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A cool item that works as intended., July 20, 2014
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review

So, these ice molds live up to their claims. They make large ice balls that are easy to remove from the molds and do in fact stay intact longer than regular ice cubes, largely due to the greater surface area (at least, that is how it seems to me). Because of this, the ice doesnt water down your drinks as quickly, something I very much appreciate about the ice these molds form.

I have not noticed any peculiar taste coming from the ice, which was a personal concern of mine when testing these out. They are dishwasher safe, an so clean easily, which is especially important for use because we like to make apple joice ice balls for our daughters apple juice (so even as it melts, it doesnt water down her juice).

That's all I can really think to note here. A pretty cool item (no pun intended) that works as intended. Glad to have had the oppportunity to try them out.

Smart Weigh CSB2KG Cuisine Digital Kitchen Scale with Removable Bowl, 2kg by 0.1g, Black
Price: $14.99
4 used & new from $13.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Very precise, compact, and eminently useful kitchen scale., July 20, 2014
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review.

So, Smartweigh has sent me a lot of different scales in the past, and so far, I have been thoroughly impressed by their efficiency and accuracy. This scale is no exception.
A key feature I look for in a kitchen scale is the ability to switch between grams and ounces. I find grams to be far more accurate and precise, and so when a recipe calls for precision, that is the way to go. Otherwise, ounces are far easier, lol. This scale provides both options, down to .1 gram and up to 2kg (or 4.4 pounds). It is very precise. I have a ot of scales at this point to test the accuracy of any individual scale, and this one has been absolutely accurate so far (after about a month of regular use).
The removable bowl is a nicey thought out addition. It isnt anything extraordinary...it is simply a bowl, but it tares easily and quickly due to it being made to the scales specs and pretty much will hold most anything that will take you up to the maximum weight measure.
It does take AA batteries, so be aware of this. I use rechargeable batteries, so it's less of an issue for me, but that said, the stock batteries provided have not run out of charge yet, and I doubt they will anytime soon. It does have an auto shut off, so that works in your favor as well.
Outside of that, it is pretty simple, having an on/off and a mode button. It is pretty compact and doesnt take up a lot of counter space. Not that it matters, but it looks nice as well, lol.

An item I am glad to have and one that sees regular use in my kitchen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20