Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for Peter Faden > Reviews

Browse

Peter Faden's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1235

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Peter Faden "robilar5500" RSS Feed (Salt Lake City)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Neewer® Gold NW-01 Universal Combined Aluminum Alloy A-Frame Guitar Stand for Acoustic, Electric, Bass Guitars, Ultimate Lightweight, Portable, Stable Musical Instrument Stand
Offered by Global_omo
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A very nice stand., May 27, 2016
Disclaimer: I received this in exchange for a fair and honest review.

So, this is really a very nice and easy stand to use. It breaks down easily into 3 parts for easy portability, and when put together (also incredibly easy btw), it does it's job well. It also looks really cool with the copper tone. In fact, the only reason I took a star off is because, while it holds an acoustic guitar just fine, electric guitars dont sit flush on it. All told though, it is a very nice stand and worth owning.

MIYI Genuine Leather Key Chain Elegant KeyChain Useful Key Holder Detachable Key System Strong & Simple Key Ring Smart Key Holder ( Black+Jaguar)
Offered by Ming Yi
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly excellent product., May 27, 2016
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review

So far, this has been awesome. I received the jaguar one, and it looks super cool. Additionally, it has some weight to it, which I personally like. The key ring itself isnt one of those flimsy ones either. This one isnt going to bend or otherwise become unusable. The clasp also works perfectly and is super convenient. Actually, the clasp was reallly the only thing I was actually concerned about, but it held up well to a circle pit and a Lamb of God concert this past Wednesday, so I'd say it passed the test with flying colors, and is quite frankly as convenient as any keychain belt attachment I've used. A truly excellent product.

Bushcraft Fire Starter Necklace | Modern Day Flint & Steel Two-Part Pendant | Rich Cowhide Leather | Tied with Classic Mountaineering Knots | Lifetime Guarantee
Offered by Wazoo Survival Gear
Price: $24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great firestarter that also looks great., May 27, 2016
Disclaimer: I received this in exchange for a fair and honest review

Well, the verdict is super positive with this one. I actually own several firestarters, and they are typically a chore to use. This one is really as simple and effective as it gets. Simply strike the ceramic to the toggle and you will get beefy sparks within the first couple strikes, and it wont wear down anytime soon. It also looks nice wearing the necklace. A pretty cool conversation piece with a defintie wow factor, and since you can wear it, you can legitimately always have this particualr survival tool on you with absolute convenience. Very happy with it.

Travanovas Eighth Generation Portable Car Air Ionizer Purifier Compact Auto Odor Eliminator, Gold
Offered by Regal Grace Global
Price: $39.95
2 used & new from $21.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a champ., May 24, 2016
Disclaimer: I received this in exchange for a fair and honest review

First off....the blule light everybody talks about. This is a standard feature in most car lighter attachments. A common issue with said attachments is they dont fully engage or come loose easily, so the light simply lets you know it is in all the way and powered up. Anyway, that feature works, lol.

As far as the ionizer itself, I've had a chance to test it for a little bit now, adn it does in fact seem to clean the air quite well in my vehicle. Between a toddler, 100+ miles of driving each day, and most recently a purchase of many bags of some quite potent fertilizer for the garden, I've noted that since starting to use this, no odors are in evidence in my vehicle despite many of things that have been in my car since getting this do in fact carry an obvious and not so subtle scent. So....based on that, I would already say it has worked perfectly. However, I have also noticed a distinct drop in dust buildup as well on my dashboard over the week (we typically clean it on Sundays each week). So again, this thing has worked liek a champ.

As such, it is an easy 5 star recommendation from me.

Solar Charger, 8000mAh Rain-Resistant Solar Power Bank, Portable Shockproof Solar Cell Phone Chargers, Dual USB Port Backup Power Pack with Strong LED Flashlights Compass For Outdoor Use (Black)
Offered by Comsoon
Price: $18.99
2 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Must own charger, May 24, 2016
Disclaimer: I received this in exchange for a fair and honest review

So, I have received and reviewed a lot of chargers over the last few years and tested even more. This one, for me at least, is hands down the best one I've had the privilege of trying out, by a large margin. First off, the thing is beefy. Now, this may be a turn off for some people as it is heavier than most, but IMO, it is a positive. It looks, feels, and actually is crazy durable. The entire thing is held in a non removable protective case in fact. The USB and charge ports are protected as well by a sealable flap which keeps water out perfectly from my own tests, including dropping this in water for a few seconds. The charging itself is pretty fast. About 20 minutes to charge my phone fully. It also holds enough charge to do so 5ish times before running out of juice. The twin lights are pretty bright and are turned on by holding down the power button. Another press of the button will start the emergency SOS flashing light function. A single press of the button without the light turning on will turn on the power bank level display instead. It also has a compass on it, and while I havent had a chance to go camping with it, I have tested it out in the city and it is accurate. It also came with a beltclip and a small charge cord.

As far as the solar charging itself, I found it to happen slowly. Plugging it into an outlet or my computer refills the bank in less than an hour, whereas goign strictly solar takes the bulk of a day. They do note this prominently in the product description though, so kudos to them for being as transparent as possible with their product.

All told, this is a muct own charger IMO, and especially if you are more of an outdoors-y soul.

Midnight Cometh
Midnight Cometh
Price: $14.99
9 used & new from $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The riffiest album yet., May 24, 2016
This review is from: Midnight Cometh (Audio CD)
Another great album from the stoner doom masters. This might be the riffiest album of theirs yet, and that is saying something. In fact, Riffborn is one of the song titles, and as apt as they get. Just a great, heavy, bluesy, doomy, album from a great, great band. A definite must listen, must own.

Merope 10000mAh Power Bank External Battery Portable Charger for smartphones-Blue
Offered by day-deals tech
Price: $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stellar product., May 24, 2016
Disclaimer: I received this in exchange for a fair and honest review

I have found this to be an excellent charger. The 10k mAH bank means it has a lot of juice, more than enough to charge my phone and my Vita or Kindle simultaneously, 3-4 times before needing to recharge. It's about medium speed as far as charging goes. Not the fastes, but fast enough. It's also sleek looking and easily fits in your pocket for convenience. I have no complaints at all, and in fact, it's one of the better chargers I own.

Quilted Wisdom, Meditations for "Peacing" Your Life
Quilted Wisdom, Meditations for "Peacing" Your Life
by Beth Ann St George
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite uplifting and positive nuggets of wisdom on a beautiful palette., May 22, 2016
Disclaimer: I received these in exchange for a fair and honest review.

So, these are totally cool. The quilt cards look beautiful, and they all have a wisdom written on the back. The deal is as you feel need to, or daily, pick one at random and see what it says. You might find that they fit perfectly with your life at the moment and provide interesting and profound insights. My wife and I have been enjoying these. If you are wondering, and for comparison, these are sort of like very positive and uplifting tarot cards.

Color Changing Waterproof UV Protection Umbrella Manual /Compact/ Sturdy/Windproof (Black) by JS Life Style
Offered by JS LifeStyle
Price: $17.99
3 used & new from $14.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent umbrella, May 20, 2016
Disclaimer: I received this in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Actually, I have mostly let my daughter use this as I typically dont use umbrellas. I have witnessed it in use and played around with it a little bit during a rainstorm as well though.

The zebra does in fact change colors. That is a cute is completely useless feature, and largely why this is now my daughters lol. She adores it.
The waterproofing seems good. It does shed water rather than get soaked.
Of course, it closes in to much smaller form, and is actually quite comapct, so that works.
As far as UV protection, who can really say? It is opaque, and if you use it in the sun, I imagine it will block the suns rays where it covers you, but I really dont have a way to quantify its efffectiveness other than to say that nobody has gotten sunburned while using this, lol.
The wind resistance is real. This umbrella is quite strong and well put together.

All told, I find this to be an excellent umbrella, and of course, my daughter loves it as well.

WHX Top Quality 440c Steel Outdoor Camping Hunting Tactical Folding Knife, Camouflage
Offered by Outdoor Game
Price: $23.98

4.0 out of 5 stars A good knife overall., May 20, 2016
Disclaimer: I received this for two pennies in exchange for a fair and honest review

I think overall, this is an excellent knife. It's pretty hefty, and larger than a lot of pocket knives. So much so that you should probably use the attached belt clip and wear it that way. The camouflage design looks really cool. It comes with a glass breaker and belt cutter on the end, which is always a much appreciated feature in my opinion. The knife flips out fairly easily once you account for its size and weight. The knife itself seems quite durable. In fact, the only reason I dont give this 5 stars is because the blade itself was pretty dull upon arrival. It doesnt seem to hold an edge very well either. I can get a good edge on it, but it dulls pretty rapidly. Still, all told, this is a knife you will feel good about having on you at all times, and I find it to be a good product overall.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20