Profile for Peter resolves to have no resolutions. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 940

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Peter resolves to have no resolutions. "robilar5500" RSS Feed (Bountiful)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Kocaso 2600 mAh Lipstick-Style Flash Charger (T413 Blue)
Kocaso 2600 mAh Lipstick-Style Flash Charger (T413 Blue)
Offered by M M Electronics
Price: $11.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice charger that is supremely portable., January 17, 2015
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Alright, I waited a little while to post this review as I have noted with quite a few of the past chargers I have reviewed, that their quality can and often does degrade after a few months of use.

Here is what I have noticed with this one:

Pros: It is the perfect size for a charger. About the same size as a pocket flashlight, or as the name would inidcate, a lipstick container. It is perfect for being on the go as you can keep this in your pocket easily enough. It holds enough of a charge to charge my blackberry and my wifes droid twice before needing to be recharged itself (with a little extra energy seemingly left in the bank). The charge time for our phones to get to max varied between an hour and three hours (for our Kindle Fires, it was closer to those three hours btw, which we have also used this charger on).

Cons: It takes approximately three hours to recharge itself, but outside of the simple red when charging and green when full, there is no real indication of how much a charge the charger actually has. I feel a charge indicator is a pretty universal addition, so I was a little disappointed it didnt have one. Also, I have noticed a definite degrade in charge times over the last few months. At first, it charged our phones closer to the one hour I indicatged above, but at this point, while it charges quickly when it has a fresh full charge, as it's charge declines, its speed of charging follows suit. I'm not really sure why this is as it's the first time one of my chargers has exhibited this specific cause/effect, but it is defintiely the case. Also, the head of the charge cord itself is a little long for some reason. Fits in my devices, but not flush, and I can see problems could potentially come about from this small design flaw. I would recommend replacing the cord unless you only charge in very stable environments. I would also liked to have seen it accompanied with some sort of bag or what have you, but that is a very minor complaint.

Overall, I think this is a good charger, and for the listed price, the cons I listed shouldnt be so much of a concern. Certainly its size compared to most other chargers makes it desirable in any number of circumstances, and its power bank is big enough to get you through almost any short term related emergency. It is also aesthetically pleasing if this matters to you. I dont think it will last a lifetime, and you will probably end up replacing it every 6 months or so if it sees regular use as ours has, but you could definitely do much worse, and you wont find very many that are as convenient size wise.

Not a must own IMO, but a nice product regardless.

The Interview
The Interview
DVD
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Relavant, funny, and surprisingly important film., January 10, 2015
First of all, controversy aside, this is a classic Rogen/Franco style movie. Actually, Franco was so over the top in this movie, in such a perfect way, that I cant see how any other actor could possibly have pulled off the role so immaculately, lol. Rogen was, well, Rogen, which isnt a bad thing.

Everybody knows the basic plot at this point....Rogen/Franco have a talk show (Franco is the host, Rogen is the EP) and they get the opportunity to interview North Korea's favorite son, Kim Jong Un. They are then enlisted by the CIA to actually assassinate KJU, since they will have unprecedented access to him. the movie does a great job of showcasing all the crazy stories coming out of North Korea, confiming they exist (the stories anyway), and then shattering any misconceptions you might have, in excellent, ronchy comedic fashion.

This movie does a great job of showing Un as a human who also happens to be the crazy, crazy, crazy, unstable dictator son of an equally crazy and unstable (deceased) dictator father. It also does a great job of showing a reality that is perhaps difficult to really encapsulate as well as they did here. For as over the top and ridiculous as the movie is, it does an GREAT job of showcasing the reality that is North Korea in a way that people (non North Korean) can indentify with and serves to really highlight a real problem area in our not so vast world.

I give these guys credit for being brave enough to do this movie even before the inevitable response that saw the movie pulled from the theaters by cowardly companies.

All told, this movie was above average, relevant, and a must watch (hard to give it 5 stars though...it wasnt truly as good as the hype, but it was much better than I expected).

YogaAddict Yoga Mat Bag "Compact" With Pocket, 28" Long, Fit Most Mat Size, Extra Wide, Easy Access, Satisfaction Guarantee - Black
Offered by YogaAddict
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, multi functional, perfectly designed bag, January 10, 2015
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I received the black colored bag, and it looks quite nice. The first thing I noticed in looking at it was the fact that the stitching was pretty perfect. No loose strands inside or out. I've now had the bag for around three months, and the same still holds true. The craftsmanship is top notch. In fact, my wife uses the bag for yoga and it holds her mat and some extra gear quite perfectly. The outside pocket is great for all that extra small stuff and we have found the inside pocket to be perfect for wallets, keys, and so on. I however have used the bag for a bit more rough and tumble stuff. I even took it hiking once just to see how it would hold up laden with a lot of bulky and sometimes heavy items, and it held up perfectly. The shoulder strap also functioned well in this regard. It was comfortable and easily adjustable for my wife and I in our various pursuits. day to day, it generally gets used for its intended purpose or as a workout bag, and I cant say I can think of a better bag for either task.

Durability and multi functionality make this bag a winner in my opinion.

Monkey Fist Self Defense Keychain 1" Steel Ball Double Line 550lb Tensile Strength Military Paracord (Length 6 5/8") by Muzitao© (Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars so we have been pleased with its durability, January 4, 2015
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review

The one I received was black, but otherwise is exactly as the product page depicts. This is a beefy little self defense item. My wife and I took turns whacking this against various things (wood, bricks, etc...) and this little weapon can really wreak some havoc. Both of us actually fairly well versed in the use of weighted chains and such, so this seemed liek a natural extension of that, and for us at least, it has been. I can affirm that the sample I received has held together quite well in the face of numerous whackings against solid materials, so we have been pleased with its durability.

as far as practical application against a human attacker, we havent had cause to test it out yet, but I can tell you that based on our trials with it, unless an attacker is able to get inside your guard and catch the cord itself, blocking the ball will end up with the person being in as much pain as if they just let the ball connect with wherever you were hoping to hit. It's going to hurt whether it is blocked or connects properly.

It is also worht noting that while solid, it isnt as heavy as you might think. My wife now carries it on her keychain, and while the increase in weight was noticeable immediately, she quickly became accustomed to the additional weight, and now it's hard to remember a time where her keys didnt have the extra pull to them, lol

We both agree that this is an excellent, must own type item.

The ScrubbaTM Wash Bag
The ScrubbaTM Wash Bag
Offered by Advanced Rescue Products
Price: $54.95
4 used & new from $49.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product that is easy to recommend!, January 4, 2015
This review is from: The ScrubbaTM Wash Bag (Kitchen)
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review

So, my wife and I have been testing this bag out for the last couple months, and we are well pleased with the results. The bag itself isnt super large (it is big enough to wash a pair of jeans or a bath towel or even a bedsheet, contrary to other reviews I have read which said it isnt), but you cant expect to wash a full load with this. Not that this should really be an expectation anyway. This is the type of item you take camping with you, or as my wife and I use it for, emergencies where we dont have time to actually go to the laundry mat to wash our clothes and need something specific washed for the next day.

The instructions are clearly listed on the bag, so there really shouldnt be any issues with the actual process of figuring out how to use the bag. You basically just put your clothes in the bag along with some water and soap, release the excess water, rub on a flat surface for a little while, drain the water (which will be shockingly brown...I was actually a little horrified to see how much dirt your clothing gathers from everyday normal living), reset with fresh water, rinse (shake), and that is pretty much it. I recommend doing this the night before you need something so you have time to dry whatever you just washed.

Based on its efficient simplcity, it's Green-minded design, and its portability (it can be folded down into a small enough package to fit in most backpack side pockets), I think this is a wonderful product, and my wife and I were stoked to have the opoprtunity to test it out. From day one to now, the results have always been the same, and the bag has been completely durable throughout.

Excellent product that is easy to recommend!

6-pcs Cable Organizer/Clips/Drop/Cord - Ideal for Different Size Cable Management - 30day Money Back Guarantee - Colorful Cable Organizer Clamps That Keep Your Cables Neat and Organize - Multipurpose Cable Clips, Lightweight, Smart, Fashionable Cable Cords for Home and Office Use - Adhesive Tape At the Back of Cable Clips Allows You to Stick It Anywhere - Good Quality Cable Cord Easily Removable and Extended - One Pack with 6 cable clips (Color May Vary)

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid clips, poor adhesive, January 4, 2015
Disclaimer: I received these in exchange for a fair and honest review.

These clips are a great idea. They do in fact hold cables well, and I use them to separate clusters from different devices (PC, consoles, so on). They are really very durable, which is also nice. I actually have one of them INSIDE my gaming PC as well, lol. The adhesive is a failure sadly. It only works on the smoothest surfaces, and even then, seemingly only on glass. They dont seem to adhere well to plastic or wood, which does defeat the purpose of helping to further eliminate cord clutter.

I think overall, this product has a lot of promise, but for now, it doesnt really do any better a job than simply using velcro loops, although they are of course far more durable than velcro. They can also be used as pen holders and such, so I think that elevates their value a little.

Anyway, overall I would say these are a very good product with one very serious design flaw (the adhesive) that keeps it from being great.

Disney Phineas and Ferb Figure Play Set -- 7-pc
Disney Phineas and Ferb Figure Play Set -- 7-pc
Offered by Trax-Text Resources
Price: $11.43
33 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little set of figurines., January 4, 2015
I bought these for my daughter over the holidays, and she has been stoked, and pretty much plays with them daily. They are really pretty much as described....small figurines that actually are also pretty well crafted and look exactly like the characters they represent. The addition of the bases for them to stand on was pretty great as well. A lot of these little toys dont include a base, or include bases that arent cut properly, so your figurines wont stand up. Not with these...they do stand up on just about any surface, are durable, and as I said before, look just like the P&F characters they represent.
Nicely dont set of toys that my daughter is grateful for, which makes me pleased.

Sega Genesis Classic Game Pack [Download]
Sega Genesis Classic Game Pack [Download]
Price: $37.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bundle, often for a grewat price., January 4, 2015
This pack comes on sale for 5 bucks here and there on Amazon. I would probably wait to buy it until it reaches that sale point, but yeah, it is a great pack filled with a ton of fun games from the distant gaming past. I have a lot of fun revisiting titles like these from time to time. The pack is actually five different game packs bundled together, so you will need to download each separately. Anyway, for the frequesnt sale price, this is pretty much a must own for any gamer or anybody who wants to revisit the old days of gaming.
You receive Steam keys btw. Not sure if that matters to you or not, but it is good info to have regardless.

Coffee French Press Replacement Screen Parts (2Pack) Best Universal 8-Cup Stainless Steel Reusable Filter Accessories
Offered by Idylc Homes
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, January 4, 2015
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review

So, I have been asking myself how much there is to say about replacement filters for a french press, but I think with these, certain essential points can easily be highlighted.

They seem to be made with a heavier gauge of material. The screen that came with my French Press by the same company was a little thinner, and while it lasted many, many months and filtered out the grounds well, these replacement screens are a little heavier and are designed a little different, with the addition of diagonal threads to the grid pattern, which seems to help, since the new screens absolutely filter the impurities even better. Not only do they capture all the grounds, but they also managae to catch a lot more of the residual film that generally ends up in your coffee cup.

I would say these are well worth the investment when you plan to replace your filter. I've had the first of the set of two on my Press for about 3 months now with no noticeable drop off at all.

Black Credit Card Knife (Black Blade) Best Tactical Folding Knives by Muzitao©
Black Credit Card Knife (Black Blade) Best Tactical Folding Knives by Muzitao©
Offered by Muzitao

4.0 out of 5 stars Met my expectations quite well., November 22, 2014
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I asked myself how I wanted tor eview this. As a knife, I dont think it wouyld warrant 5 stars. However, as a credit card, folding knife, I think it does what it is supposed to quite well. The productpage picture shows what it looks like perfectly. The little round thing with blue in the pic is the safety to keep the knife in place when folded. It isnt the most secure thing out there, but for the purpose of keeping the knife from sliding out of place in your wallet, it does the job well enough. The rest of the card, when the knife is released, becomes the knife handle. Again, it isnt the best material or anything, but it does function well enough. The knife blade ittself was reasonably sharp when I received it, although I did take it to a stone and give it a real edge, and it's held the edge pretty well.

I think the key with this item is to have the proper expectations. It is really designed to be there if you find yourself in a situation where you desperately need a knife for whatever reason. It's not an everyday use type of product. Like I say though, as part of your camping gear, part of your go kit, or simply a back up you keep in your wallet, this knife will meet your expectations just fine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20