Profile for Peter > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1023

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Peter "robilar5500" RSS Feed (Bountiful)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
IdylcHomes KONA Coffee Slim Grinder ~ Best Conical Burr Mini Mill with Effortless Manual Crank Design & Professional Grade Ceramic Burrs
Offered by Idylc Homes
Price: $17.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional, portable, durable. Excellent grinder., May 14, 2015
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review.

This is a very nice little hand grinder. It really has all the features you would hope for.

The "burrs" are adjustable, and we have played around with this a bit to get different size grounds for our French Press, Aero Press, and drip pots as well. It has worked quite well in this regard. We prefer the press, but I thought it would be cool to see what this thing can do.

The crank itself turns easily. It doesn't stick nor does it really have much resistance at all. This makes for the easy grinding of coffee beans.

It is also quite easy to take apart and clean and then reassemble. I found it to be user friendly in this regard as well.

The basin itself isn't very large. For its stated purpose (taking it with you on the go, hiking, etc...) it is pretty much the perfect size to make a couple cups. Two cups if you like a stronger cup, but your mileage may vary in this regard. However, if you are wanting a full pot, you will probably need to grind two full basins of grounds to accomplish this.

It has also been durable so far. We aren't exactly light handed with our stuff, so this was important and it succeeded in handling our...ummm...mishandling of stuff, lol.

One further note: I used this with some spices the other day and it worked great for that as well. So, multi function item for sure.

Anyway, great product and easy to recommend.

iHomeSet® Mop and Broom Holder - 5-Position + 6 Hooks Wall Mounted Organizer / Garden Tool Storage / Great Use For Home, Closet, Garage and Shed / High Quality Tool Rack For Mops, Brooms or Sports Equipment / Holds Up To 11 tools / Space Saving / 100% Money Back Guarantee! (5-Position + 6-Hook)
Offered by GNMart USA
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, saves space, and is quite durable., May 14, 2015
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review.

I have had a month or so to test this product out, and can affirm that it does its job perfectly. It is compact enough to be unobtrusive in our utility closet and holds (presently) two brooms a mop, a swifter, a hand brush, and a scoop along with a spare mop head with no difficulty at all. The product description says it can hold 7 1/2 pounds. All the stuff on our weighs in at around 5 pounds, although when the mop head is still damp, it is a bit more.

It also seems quite durable. We've noticed no weakening of the grips which I attribute to the rolling ball design. This is actually probably the biggest selling point IMO. I work as a chef professionally, and mop/broom holders tend to lose their ability to hold mops and brooms rather quickly with regular use, so I am quite pleased that this one doesn't seem to have that problem.

Installation was pretty simple. It comes with drywall anchors and screws, so you simply need to use a level, drill a few holes and the rest is obvious.

It's easy to recommend this item.

St. Vincent
St. Vincent
DVD
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A heart felt story of redemption and humanity., May 3, 2015
This review is from: St. Vincent (Amazon Instant Video)
I debated whether I wanted to give this movie 4 or 5 stars. I think 4.5 would have been perfect, but since we round up from a half point, I went with 5 stars.

This was an endearing movie about redemption, confidence, relationships, tragedy and loss,the greater good, friendhip....in fact, there is so much depth to this movie that it manages to overcome its only flaw (from my perspective), which was a distinct lack of real highs and lows. The movie is constant throughout. There are funny moments, and I defy anybody not to have a tear in their eye when Vincents Sainthood is "revealed",

Bill Murray was on point in this movie. He really is a superb actor, and it's in full display here. Melissa McCarthy was somewhat subdued in this movie, but the was really a supporting character rather than the star. Naomi Watts was great in her role. Nate Corrdry as a priest was pretty hilarious and perfect. All that said, I think the boy who played Oliver really stole the show. Jaeden Lieberher is going to be a star for sure. The kid can act.

anyway, I'm not going to spoil the story for anybody, but I thought it was a movie that anybody can relate to. It touches on so many aspects of society and life in general that you would have to be a pretty cold person to not relate to something in this movie. I would absolutely add this to your watchlist.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter [Online Game Code]
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter [Online Game Code]
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing murder mystery/exploration game with jaw dropping graphics, May 3, 2015
This game was given as a gift by a gaming friend of mine.

This was a pretty stellar exploration game. You play as Paul Prospero, a sort of psychic detective hired by what is presumably a dead Ethan Carter to investigate his disappearance and a number of murders in a small mountain/lake/mining town.

The dynamic for revealing the pattern of each murder and finding certain clues was really cool. Basically, each piece of evidence allows you to peek a little bit more into the past until you finally unlock sequences of memories that, after putting them in the proper order, reveal what happened for each murder/disappearance. However, that is still just a small part of what this game is about. As you find pieces of stories Ethan wrote, you often unlock other sequences that end in reveals that further send you along your path of investigation.

Attention to detail is important with this game. There are subtle cues that let you know sort of where to look or what you might have missed. These largely take the part of weird flashes in the distance. You can also easily find yourself wandering around wondering what to do next, but overall, once I grew familiar with the game and started to take note of the cues, my experience was far more straightforward. Of course, by that time, I had spent plenty of time enjoying the amazing graphics this game boasts. The game is truly beautiful, and attention was spent giving everything the little details that really breathed life into this game. From little nests to birdstains and moss on rocks, weather worn surfaces, and so on, this game really nailed it on a visual level. In this regard, it boasts similarities to Dear Esther, for example, but in a far superior fashion.

The music was also excellent, and ofttimes completely creepy. You start wondering when some crazy creature is going to jump out at you or some beast is going to start gnawing on your body, lol. Really, really atmospheric music that adds to the mystery and sometimes tension of the game.

As far as the story itself, it was also really well thought out. At the end, you kind of have to chuckle a little bit even as you feel completely saddened by the revealed source of everything that was happening in the game. The whole time, it keeps you guessing a bit, and then once the final reveal happens, you start having personal revelations akin to having watched the Sixth Sense for the first time (in that all the seemingly disparate events all tie together at the end and seem obvious in retrospect).

I found this to be a thoroughly enjoyable experience and one I can easily recommend to anybody who loves games (and especially exploration/mystery type experiences).

I give this ten "solved murders and creepy piano runs that sort of make you jump" out of ten.

Nordic Games - The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (UK Import) - Windows (select)
Nordic Games - The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (UK Import) - Windows (select)
Price: $19.99
4 used & new from $14.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing murder mystery/exploration game with jaw dropping graphics., May 3, 2015
This game was given as a gift by a gaming friend of mine.

Pillars of Eternity Champion Edition [Download]
Pillars of Eternity Champion Edition [Download]
Price: $59.99

Received as part of a Kickstarter reward for backing the game.

So....this game was everything I hoped for and more. Obsidian really set the bar for CRPG's. Beyond that, I think Avellone and company really elevated their game further as far as their story writing goes as well. Just flat out superb, seamless, and fairly well flawless IMO.

There has been a lot written about this game already, obviously, but I will say that with all the hype and all the funding that went into this, the potential for a let down was great, so to have the game not only deliver, but deliver in such grand fashion was amazing.

The character development was deep and fulfilling and the quests actually made sense....rather than just simple fetch and escort quests with no rhyme or reason, everything had an actual reason in this game, and even where they didnt serve to advance the main story, they still had a very real role in filling out the depth of the world itself.

The actual story line itself was pretty gripping. The end of Act 1 gave you the sense of a journey really just beginning, the end of Act 2 was a "holy ♥♥♥♥!" moment, and the end of Act 3 let you know there was no turning back and that everything was about to get all too real as you approached the end of the game. That doesnt even factor in some of the other, non main quests story lines that develop throughout the game, which are also stellar.

The journey itself was filled with pretty much any emotion you can imagine. The moral choices were often difficult due to the realistic consequences that come with every decision.
Speaking of decisions, quite a few of them factor into the ending...and speaking of endings, I cant remember another game that had such a well thought out one. There also seems to be potential for a lot of variations to the ending depending on what choices you made at pivotal moments throughout. My ending was a fair mix of incredibly good and depressingly bad consequences to what I had done during my extensive playthrough. I loved that fact.

I am thoroughly impressed with this game, and I have to give it the edge over Baldurs Gate 2 as maybe the best CRPG of all time, and a top 5 all time great game from any genre.

I have a lot more to say, but so vast was the story and so deep the experience, that I think maybe it's better if I leave the rest unsaid and let you form your own opinion instead.

Play this.

Can there be a 15 out of 10? Because seriously, I think that is how I am going to rate this game.

Pillars of Eternity Royal Edition [Download]

Aleratec Heavy Duty Flat LCD/LED TV Swivel Stand 2-Tier Entertainment Rack
Offered by Aleratec
Price: $49.99
2 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice swivel stand with enough shelving to hold your TV related items, April 26, 2015
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a fair and honest review.

This little swivel stand is in my estimation perfect for a bedroom television that, in my case, sits atop a dresser. It's really quite convenient with space to store our Roku, Ouya, Wii, and PS3 along with the attendant controllers and a few games. This obviously helps us to reduce the dresser top clutter, which has been quite nice. It also looks nice and is unobtrusive, making this a win as far as items go. I haven't had cause to test its durability, but it certainly holds up to the minor stress of holding our 32 inch TV just fine, and as mentioned before, has enough space with the shelves to keep clutter to a minimum. I am quite pleased with this item.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20