Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Profile for classyglrl > Reviews

Browse

classyglrl's Profile

Customer Reviews: 90

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

classyglrl RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

2.0 out of 5 stars Dingy looking, June 27, 2008
The picture shows a shiny silver ring, but in reality, it looks already tarnished on arrival and no amount of polishing took care of it. The stone in the center is also pretty small. The sizing is true to size, and the ring does fit comfortably...but like I said, it looks dingy...as if not even real silver at all.

Since I got it so cheap, I wont even bother returning it b/c its not worth the effort.

Also, although the company ships fast, their customer service is poor. I placed a different order straight from their website, and barely two days later, the price dropped more than $35. Instead of simply adjusting the price, they made me go through the time and expense of returning the item and reordering it....what a hassle. They also didn't respond to any of my emails either.

Peacock Black Graduated Freshwater Cultured Pearl Necklace with Sterling Silver Clasp (4-8mm), 18"

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed..., June 27, 2008
I've been looking for some black pearls and these seemed to be too good to be true...and it was! The pearls does not look as pictured; they vastly differ in colors/hues...which was expected, but too much that it bothered me. Also, it didnt have much luster to it at all.

The strand itself is strung so tightly, it looks and lays on the neck in a crooked weird manner. I believe only ONE of the pearls is 8mm also.

These will be going back. Too bad; so sad.

Sterling Silver 6x4mm Sapphire and Diamond-Accent Bracelet, 7"
Sterling Silver 6x4mm Sapphire and Diamond-Accent Bracelet, 7"

3.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous! But....., June 27, 2008
...the other reviewers were right: the clasp is WAYYYYYYY too stiff! I had great difficulty clasping/unclasping it, but for the value of the bracelet (Under $24) it is too stunning and I didn't want to give up on it. I've spent two whole days so far with any chance I got playing with it trying to "loosen" it up. It does seem to ease up a bit, but my thumbs are seriously sore! I don't think I can put this bracelet on/off with only one hand as I have difficulty with two!

The stones are a dark, deep blue, and closely match, save one stone that is slightly lighter...and it happens to be the stone on the clasp itself. From a distant though, they look evenly match and unmarred, but in bright light and scrutinizing it, there are flaws in the stones, not a big deal as the bracelet was so cheap!

Dont expect any diamonds...there are two tiny chips on it, can barely be called "diamond accent" but for the price, I'm not complaining.

These cons took away two stars (But then again, I'm pretty critical of jewelry.), however, for the value and appearance, it is gorgeous.

Go ahead and buy it...if you have a little strength in your thumbs and dont mind a bit of pain....it's worth it enough for me to keep it.

Aspen pet Cool Flow Pet Fountain, Medium, Bleached Linen
Aspen pet Cool Flow Pet Fountain, Medium, Bleached Linen

2.0 out of 5 stars Doggy said "no thanks.", June 24, 2008
My dog hates drinking stagnant water. I had to change her water bowls at least 3x a day. I figured I'll solve my problem with this little cool invention...

After sitting for a bit, the "filter" proved useless when dust and little odds and ends are floating in it, obviously NOT being filtered.... also, just because the water is supposedly SLOWLY circulating, doesn't mean the water is "fresh." I literally felt compelled to take this thing apart once per day to clean, and even then, break it down at least 2-3x a week to thoroughly get in the nooks and crannies... not an easy job when you cant really get into the water reservoir where I imagine all sorts of mildew and mold, bacteria and algae will eventually accumlate.

A BIG waste of money, a HUGE waste of time, an even LARGER inconvenience.

I'm back to my old ways of changing both her indoor and outdoor water bowls at least 3x a day, whenever I walk pass it, and just washing a simple bowl out at the ened of the night... cheaper that way too... no electricity to use, no fear of electrocutng my doggy, no pricey carbon filters to buy.

Used it for 2 weeks and now its in another "bad buy" pile....
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 17, 2008 6:48 AM PDT

Sunpentown SD-350TI Mini Dehumidifier with UV Light and TiO2
Sunpentown SD-350TI Mini Dehumidifier with UV Light and TiO2
Price: $57.14
37 used & new from $37.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Weak, June 18, 2008
I bought two mini dehumidifier at once, this one and the Eva-dry EDV-1100 Electric Petite Dehumidifier. Hands down, the Eva-dry out performs this! They are about 7' apart, but yet the Eva dry can pull out about 8oz of water every 3 days, compared to the 2 tblsp or so this device does.

However, this device is much quieter than the Eva-dry.

As for the UV light, is it really necessary? Better yet...does it really even work? I wouldnt know....

Shipping was prompt from the company.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 17, 2015 1:50 PM PDT

Milwaukee 48-32-1700 Insert Bit Screw Driving Set, 20-Piece
Milwaukee 48-32-1700 Insert Bit Screw Driving Set, 20-Piece
Offered by Pick, click, get it shipped
Price: $13.50
16 used & new from $3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!, June 8, 2008
I got this in a gold box deal for only $3.99..so I picked up 7 of 'em. Then they went on sale for $2.99. This absolutely cannot be beat by anyone! Even at the local Home Depot sells em for almost $10 a piece!

I was kind of shocked though at how small this thing is! Maybe about the size circumfrence wise of a margarine tub? The pieces slide out in the little hole and makes it easy for organization, especially with the strong magnet...

However, prone to losing these little bits and pieces, I went ahead and got 7 of 'em.... can never have enough of these things, especially at an awesome price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, June 5, 2008
I couldnt be happier! I usually LOVE huge rings, but this is an exception! Don't get me wrong; this isn't 'petite' but it isnt massive as well. This ring has such beautiful details, is extremely well made, and you couldnt even tell it was a CZ and not a genunie garnet!

The color is a deep red, but so sparkly! A true value for price and quality! Highly recommended!

Sterling Silver Marcasite and Cubic Zirconia Flower Necklace
Sterling Silver Marcasite and Cubic Zirconia Flower Necklace

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sturdy at ALL, June 2, 2008
I have to disagree with the reviewers that said this item was sturdy! First, it looks more like a snowflake then a flower, however, it is unique, and it does sparkle. I bought it but didnt have a chance to wear it. When I first received it, the chain was all tangle in the little nooks and cranny, and I had to carefully manuever it to untanggle it.

Today, I decided it was time to give it a whirl. It was already tarnished from sitting in my jewelry box, so taking my polishing cloth, I gave it a shine.... and I am VERY delicate with my jewelry too. The freaking thing BROKE!! Mind you, I have yet to even TRY it on! I am sorely disappointed; I can't even return it because it's been a week after the 30 day return period....sigh... Amazon is sending me a replacement though, but nonetheless, I still can't believe it BROKE right off by simply lightly polishing it!

I would NOT recommend this item.

Emperor 4-Piece Jacquard Queen Comforter Set, Olive
Emperor 4-Piece Jacquard Queen Comforter Set, Olive

5.0 out of 5 stars Value and function, May 21, 2008
Green is not as pictured at all. (Look at the pictures other customers posted for a MUCH more accurate photo!)

For the price of $23 shipped, this is a wonderful purchase! Inner fabric is nice and soft, weight is medium weight. Looks great in the guest room. Would definitely recommend. You cant beat the price at even say TJ MAXX or Ross for a 4 piece set of decent quality.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pulls out excessive moisture..., May 21, 2008
but I find it does nothing for the air quality itself. I have a huge dehumidifier in my basement's den...but the thing is louder than a jet plane.

Figured this was cheap for a quick fix and obviously quiet for my basement bedroom and it does magically work... BUT the tiles immediately next to the container was still sweaty-wet. Plus, having about a dozen of these containers is unsightly...AND I had to empty the containers CONSTANTLY not to mention refill it often...so often I think I spent about a $100 a year on this stuff...so cheap in short run does NOT mean cheap in the long run. Plus...who wants to deal with chemicals, albeit nontoxic chemicals? Even with all these containers of this stuff, the air still felt clammy... I invested in a small "petite" size dehumidifier instead.

BTW.... the cheapest I found in a B&M store is LNT: the 42oz refills ($3.99), the refillable containers ($3.09) and you can use the 20% off coupons that they mail out all the time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2010 10:35 PM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9