Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation
Profile for Miss J > Reviews

Browse

Miss J's Profile

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Miss J RSS Feed (Bay Area)

Page: 1 | 2
Always kiss me vinyl wall lettering words sticky art home decor quotes sticke...
Offered by Sticker Shack Attack
Price: $12.99
7 used & new from $3.61

1.0 out of 5 stars do not buy this item from Joyday...you will be sorry., August 28, 2015
If I could give this item provided by seller JOYDAY a zero, I would. I now understand why these items get mixed reviews, and I guess you cant win them all. First, I have purchased about (3) of this EXACT same decal (using the "buy again" option) from different vendors and they've always been beautiful. **Why three? Because when I move they have to come down and they do not stay in tact** So with decals, do your research on the seller. In fact, I've ordered so many various decals I can put them up in about 10minutes. THIS order on the other hand, is going in the trash.

So what's the deal:
The letters were large, actually too large,
The strokes are THICK, too thick to be considered elegant, it would look like someone wrote on my wall with a Sharpie
I was sent a large sheet of paper with parts of words all over the place
A decal like this should be one sheet with the decals attached and a transfer sheet adhered to the decals that you peel back and lay on the wall. what I got was the sheet they printed the decals on, and a separate transfer sheet that I believe I am expected to figure out how to adhere to the decals and then pull and peel. BUT before I can do that, I would need to peel the decals off the sheet (individually) and line them up so they make words AND are in a straight line ?!?!?
The "instructions" that were sent are not for the type of decal that I have.

**I contemplated taking a level, making lines on my wall, pulling the individual letters off, & putting them on my wall by hand but then I remembered they look like sharpie. Anyone want a free project? Just pay shipping and i'll send it to you.

SO HERE"S WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT DECALS:
Check the seller. Not just the delivery time. JOYDAY has a shipping speed of 3-5days but is from China, Items like this, you really want to buy in the USA because they're more likely to be up to your expectations since they dont want you to send it back. It would cost me what I paid to send it back.
If you're unsure, don't buy it. There are plenty of people selling decals, ask the seller questions to ensure its the type you want,
Don't click "buy again" option assuming it will be exactly what you got last time. Different sellers are just that. It's not a book, its a piece open to artistic interpretation.
Decals are great if you get the ones that look handpainted (not with the clear backing like a sticker. And the easiest way to remove them is to heat each letter with a hair dryer for about a minute and them peel them off.

CoverGirl Queen Collection Natural Hue Mineral Bronzer ebony bronze 120, 0.39 Ounce Pan
Price: $8.29
5 used & new from $8.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for contouring, June 22, 2015
This is great for contouring. I use it over my cream foundation stick (that I contour with) to give a softer appearance in the daytime, around the bridge of my nose, and perimeter of my face. I'm a MAC nw45 and this is a great contour shade. You can build it up a little for drama or keep it subtle. There's no glitter effect, but a subtle bronzing. I would NOT use this as a face powder or as a typical bronzer. It's just too dark, but I knew that when I ordered & I ordered it for contour.

Steve Madden Women's Iluvit Platform Sandal, Black, 9.5 M US
Steve Madden Women's Iluvit Platform Sandal, Black, 9.5 M US
Price: $69.99
2 used & new from $67.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, feels terrible, June 22, 2015
(I ordered in black, I've seen the camel color & they look very cheap. This is a review on overall fit & the black color) Price was GREAT! $30 less than in store & they had my size. The shoes look great and even though the upper is synthetic they don't look really "plasticky." That's not a word, I just made it up. But the point is the upper doesn't immediately look synthetic, and the cork looks like a decent quality. The sole of the ones sold in store look a little more burnished on the sole & the ribbing detail that connects the wedge heel to the sole, meaning they look MORE like real wood, but that's just a minor detail. These are a great summer staple & look good with everything from maxi skirts/dresses, to minis, to short-shorts, even cuffed jeans. So why only three stars? These are THE most uncomfortable wedges ever! How did they manage to make a wedge uncomfortable you ask? It's not the height (I can run in 6" heels, I can run in these) it's not the sole that's actually pretty comfortable, it's the ankle strap & the toe strap. I have thin feet & skinny ankles. I usually have to strap shoes to the last hole & most times I need to add a hole. On the Iluvit strap at the buckle there is something in the way it's positioned which makes it dig in my skin under my ankle "bone?" I tried loosening it & it didn't matter. And because the material is synthetic it's stiff so there's no give. I think that may be the issue. And the ankle strap is not through a loop like a lot of other Steve Madden shoes, which would give me the option to twist it a little, it's fixed so I'm just stuck with the buckle digging in under the bone. The toe the strap isn't too tight, big it manages to dig into my toes as well. Again this is likely due to the stiffness of the material.I also tried going up a size but that didn't help. I'm a true 9-1/2 and I originally tried a 9 which ironically fit almost the same. I had to pull out a measuring tape to see if there was a difference. Them I tried a 10, but the 10 flopped on my feet & still didn't fix the ankle issue, which I at the time I thought was because I was in a rush and had buckled them oddly.

BUT they're cute,I didn't realize issue until I was out of the house, and sometimes beauty is pain. So I will wear them as long as it's no more than 4-5hrs and then not wear them for a few days. Side note: I own like 40-50 pairs of shoes so this isn't coming from someone with fit issues.

**ill probably add a photo later
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2016 8:49 AM PDT

Construction Drawings and Details for Interiors: Basic Skills, 2nd Edition
Construction Drawings and Details for Interiors: Basic Skills, 2nd Edition
by Rosemary Kilmer
Price: $52.55
224 used & new from $16.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book, June 1, 2014
Good beginners reference book for those new to manual drafting (who manual drafts anymore?) or reading construction docs. It's a good starter/supplement to in-class instruction. One thing I noticed is the line weights & methods of depicted certain things in the example drawings are not always consistent, but as explained by my instructor that's bc there are some things that are not hard "rules" in drafting. I use it for the info given in the text. I've read quite a few construction docs but never put together my own set so this was helpful. It probably won't be in my library past college, but for now it is a go-to book

Jan Marini Skin Research Clean Zyme, 4 oz.
Jan Marini Skin Research Clean Zyme, 4 oz.
Price: $30.00
3 used & new from $30.00

3.0 out of 5 stars neither grear nor bad, but for the price I could have passed, August 17, 2013
I use the skin-zyme exfoliant (which i love) and was told this would make it emulsify better. Well it doesnt. Its just a gentle cleanser. My face doesn't feel any different than whn I use oil of olay and doesnt clean make up residue as well as my dove beauty bar. Unfortunately I dnt know 100% if this item was authentic (total skin care was the seller), but I wont bother buying it again. I guess there was a reason the esthetician suggested & sold me skin-zyme but not the clean zyme. She said my skin was very well moisturized & my pores were normal & small but I needed to remove the layers of well-moisturized dead skin at least once per month lol! So the good parts about this is it feels good going on my skin & it doesn't suds up like soap so I know it isnt drying my skin. Long story short, if im ever given a chance to try a guaranteed authentic version for free I will (just to compare) but I wont be buying this again since there are less expensive options that give me the same effect.

Kingston Digital 32 GB microSDHC Flash Memory Card SDC4/32GB
Kingston Digital 32 GB microSDHC Flash Memory Card SDC4/32GB
Price: $8.63
103 used & new from $7.20

2.0 out of 5 stars DEAD AFTER ONLY 1-YEAR, August 17, 2013
Update: I contacted Kingston regarding the issues below. They immediately opened a case number, asked me to email a copy of my Amazon receipt showing Amazon was the seller & then mail them back the card and adapter. It cost approx $3 to mail from Northern Ca to Southern Ca (incl 55cents for a bubble envelope). The entire process from return to receiving replacement took about 3wks and was detailed online. They never mentioned anything about needing to verify authenticity of the card as it was an Amazon purchase (NOT a "fulfilled by Amazon" and sold by someone else) and Amazon is one of their retailers. The people at Kingston were really nice & the warranty is lifetime for the original owner so I added 1-star, but the fact this thing died in a year still means I wouldn't recommend it to a friend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: I originally gave this a 4-star but after 1yr in my Samsung S4 for only camera photos & music (any internet downloads or screenshots stayed separated on the phone's hard drive bc I'm leary of viruses) this card started freezing when trying to open photos, program started crashing when trying to load photos from the card, and one day it started saying "card not detected." I'd take out, and reload and it worked for a little while then after a week. NOTHING. Screen flashed "no SD card detected." Tried loading it in my computer to reformat but it doesn't detect the card either. It died after 1yr, 70photos, and 20songs. I think it actually died on its "birthday." *smh* At least I had the common sense to back up my card and it happened before the 3 weddings and a vacation I have this summer. =/ This was a 32g ordered direct from Amazon.

Arrived quickly & in the same packaging you'd get in the stores but at a much lower price. I didnt call kingston to verify its authenticity, but I didn't feel I needed to. Both my samsung gs4 & my macbook pro recognized the unit immediately and the 32g (approx 29 useable) made me hate the s4 less..man I miss my iphone. Anyway, there isn't much else to say about it, its an sd, ive never "loved" an sd, maybe this review will change after ive had it a yr or two if nothing goes wrong. I bought direct from Amazon and had it about 3 months.

Michael Kors Eau De Parfum Spray, for Women, 1.7 Ounce
Michael Kors Eau De Parfum Spray, for Women, 1.7 Ounce
Offered by HbHut
Price: $50.49
42 used & new from $46.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Same scent as in Michael Kors store, March 14, 2013
If you like the scent in the Michael Kors store, you'll like this. Warning it is pretty powerful, I typically spray my perfume on my chest and both wrists then rub. Not this one though, ONE spritz on one wrist is enough for all day and then some. LOL! It's really difficult to get off, not that you'd want to.

It also makes a nice scent for the home, it has some warm undertones and lingers for days. (I sprayed it on some really nice false flowers.) I'd consider it a winter scent or breezy spring day scent. Definitely NOT for hot days, you may choke yourself or worse your friends/date, for some reason it seems to get stronger (heat activated?).

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Somehow less than what I expected, February 27, 2013
So if you saw my review on the Teavana Contour Tumbler you know I read reviews 1st BEFORE making most purchases and how ecstatic I am with that unit (8mos still going strong).. somehow this still didn't live up to my expectations.

Here's the quick run-down:

I expected short heat retention, I knew it was fragile (its glass, I'm not stupid), I figured I'd get a few leaves in my mouth from my blossoming balls, and I knew I would have to unscrew a lid to drink. What I didnt know (or think about) was that the mouth was so big I'd be spilling tea on myself regularly if I didnt think about it, or that the steep basket is so shallow and narrower than the wall that it couldn't really put as many tea leaves as I wanted. If I put more leaves in than the basket holds, they spill over the edge & into the container.

Pros:
Pretty, really pretty and comes in multiple designs
You can drink from any side of the container
You can see your blossoming teas
Container it comes in is padded and satin lined, you should keep it for storage
It seems to be the best see thru tumbler on the market from an overall standpoint (doesn't say much)

Cons:
You can't fit that many tea leaves in the shallow basket
The mouth is so wide you can also spill from any side, and if you drink too fast it be on your face
There's nothing to prevent your blossoming tea leaves from getting in your mouth
If you drop it, it will most likely break
Only 2hrs heat retention
Glass is really smooth and straight with no contour or handle = easy to drop
12oz container
Its double walled but that doesn't mean you don't feel the heat
Container sweats on the inner wall (not very pretty) -- a con for me since it was purchased for visual appeal
Pricey

I bought this unit early Dec in the store in a different design for my blossoming teas. I mean what good is a tea that blossoms if you can't SEE it? It's BEAUTIFUL and my teas look beautiful in it. A polycarbonate container wouldn't have the same effect.

That's where the good stuff ends. To drink you must completely remove the lid (def NOT for travel), the mouth is as wide as the container (maybe 4-5in diam?) I already knew it would stay warm very long, 2hrs max. I NEVER pour HOT water in it like a stainless tumbler, its glass for pete's sake. For Christmas someone bought me a very similar one without a design (presumably spent $10), I was all set to return my Teavana unit since I'd only used it once. But when I got out of my car Christmas night the bottom of the bag it was in gave out and it shattered. My teavana one was in the same bag, they were both in there containers but the teavana container is padded so..no damage. That's a good thing, but I still spent $30 on a tumbler that I'll only use at home because i can't walk around with tea on my clothes. Oh and my fault, I didnt think about the fact that once there's no liquid in the tumbler, it looks like i have a wilted plant in my tumbler =/. I guess I just didnt feel the price was appropriate. This is a $12 tumbler with a pretty design. Maybe worth $18 max, I mean its really just a tall straight glass with a thick lid. My glasses are contoured (narrow at bottom, gradually gets wider) and cost $5 max each. Oh, Im sorry its double walled, but that didn't mean my hands weren't still warm. Based on my gift that broke the double wall just made it bulky and more glass to clean.

Sorry, my teavana one is still in one pc I'm just not thrilled with it, I haven't found any better alternatives, it really seems to be the best one out there (that's why I gave it 2 stars) but its over-priced and still not really worth it. I've only used it 3 times because...well, wtvr.

Matte Purple Teavana Contour Tumbler
Matte Purple Teavana Contour Tumbler
Offered by Teavana
Price: $32.95
3 used & new from $22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I think this is FINALLY my last beverage holder...whew!, October 29, 2012
Let me start by saying I read reviews to look for similar complaints/compliments. I believe the average person only writes a review of a product if they were disappointed/something went wrong or got more than they expected. With that said, I don't write many reviews bc I rarely purchase without reading a review or doing some research--that's what smartphones are for right?

With that said...HOLY COW this is the BEST tea tumbler/thermos I've ever owned. This is probably number six (Nissan, Thermos, Starbucks, Target-Home, etc), I paid $32 in store but after my experience I can say it was worth it to be able to work an entire day and have very warm tea the entire time; no wasted tea. For those who just want the key points:

Pros:
- Liquid stays HOTTTTT for approx 2-1/2hrs (thank u vacuum seal)
- Liquid stays VERY WARM similar to how you would drink soup for up to 7-8hrs if you follow the directions to the letter, and approx 5-6hrs if you don't
- After 3mos of daily use I can still toss it in my bag no spills, no worries
- Nice design and color choices
- Double-Walled Stainless = No hot hands--sometimes that's a minus because I forget the liquid inside is scalding hot
- Drink from any side of the lid
- Ergonomically designed so i don't miss or even notice I don't have a handle
- Strainer/Infuser basket is set in place by the attached handle vs being screwed onto the lid like other units (messy)
- Tumbler is d/w safe, lid is not (but I ALWAYS hand wash my tumblers)

Cons:
- Lid is not D/W safe
- Sometimes a few tea leaves get through the strainer, but I think that's all strainers. very minor but i have to mention it
- Like others have said, the logo wears off even with hand washing... con??
- Im losing taste buds on the tip of my tongue because i forget it's HOTTT

I bought this unit in store on a whim, and the sales girl told me she has one and gets about 5hrs of heat out of it, she pours the water and then puts her loose tea or tea bag in. I figured she was blowing smoke, because well she wanted the sale, but she told me I could return it if I wasn't happy. Ok, i tested this unit with lid off all day, remembering to close the lid, and varying my procedures and found some interesting things. As per instructions to get the maximum hold time you need to pre-heat the tumbler by filling it with hot water and letting it sit for 1-2 minutes. (i just run hot tap water while my pot of hot water is boiling) This heats the stainless interior to a consistent temperature & I guess creates good insulation for the cup.

Pour out the water you used to preheat the unit, and then I put the strainer basket in 1st (it has a cute handle) and then pour the water because I find that I always overfill the container, resulting in me not being able to get the lid to close completely--easily. Put the tea leaves in the strainer basket, push the basket into place, screw on the lid and your off. The bonus to this is you can either take off with your strainer basket if your late for work or you drink A LOT of tea, or leave it at home because this holds 16oz of liquid that will be warm for 7hrs. Usually I only drink one tumbler at work because I get busy and forget about it and then come home and steep another cup.

The lid on this unit uses a combination of rubber and hard plastic, less rubber than some others I've tried and it also appears that the rubber doesn't sit in the hot liquid like the others (its blocked by the push tops plunger). I think this is why the seal has lasted so much longer. FYI most other tumblers I tried always suggested not putting the lid on if the liquid was very hot to prevent seal deterioration...hmm ok. No worries with Teavana.

The push top is genius. It creates an air tight (vacuum) seal using a plunger type system, allows you to drink from any side of the lid you want (i really hate trying to find the drinking side while im driving), allows you to drink while the tea is steeping, and requires a good amount of direct pressure to get it to push open which reduces chances of accidentally opening in a bag. Oh and the cover for the lid acts as a holder for your tea strainer when your ready to remove it, so you can reuse it later.

As for cleaning the unit is literally 3pcs. You can take the lid apart into 4pcs for cleaning but I just put the lid in the open position and soak it in warm soapy water once a week for a deep clean, i seriously could think of better things to do with my 3-5min plus I'd probably find a way to break it.

Again, it's only been three-months but I am beyond satisfied with this unit, so far it has exceeded my expectations and now I'm motivated to find a see-thru tumbler for my blossoming white teas.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2012 7:41 PM PST

Zoom for Kinect - Xbox 360
Zoom for Kinect - Xbox 360
Offered by Quick Buys
Price: $14.89
67 used & new from $1.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Whats everyone talking about??, December 6, 2011
I made this purchase from an in-store large retailer for fear of possible knock-offs (it was on sale for $24). With that said, I'm 6ft 1inches and slim. My play space is approx 7ft 2inches and then I hit my couch. I also have the issue with width (approx 5ft 6inches, only a problem when 2 people want to play). My biggest issue was when playing Zumba or Dance Central 2, anything with arms straight up my kinect would not see, it it sitting under my wall mounted flat screen approx 4ft off the floor. I didnt want to buy a tv mount to put it on top because i dont like the look and there was concern it wouldnt see my feet, plus i have some shorter friends.

With the details out of the way, I read almost all 125+ reviews on here before purchasing to find the common issues based on setup and then just didnt do those things & my unit works as intended.

#1 I mounted my Kinect below the TV (still approx 4' off the floor). And connected this accessory while the xbox was off.

#2 The Zoom holes ARE larger than the Kinect lenses, (like the zoom directions state) when you look at the middle lens you should see the center of the Kinect lens in the center of the circle. If its not, you need to move the Zoom over (adjust). **Note: this is where zoom lost a star. Sccrraaattttccchhhh. even when you remove the zoom as recommended, it scratches the glossy finish on the Kinect. If you have an issue of a black ring showing on your camera once its turned on (like some other reviewers) then your zoom isnt placed correctly.

#3 I did NOT just enter setup and re-calibrate. I went into "initial setup" and "set up my console" (location, date, blah blah) and most importantly KINECT. You know where it makes you listen to the sounds, and stand in the circle and wave, That sets the room lighting and gets the best reading of "you," calibration is just fine tweaking.

#4 While in initial setup I noticed the kinect seemed jumpy & didnt follow my hand motions as smoothly as I was used to. That freaked me out a bit. The setup took waay longer than i remember, i felt like I was waving for 5min. finally i took a 1/2 step back (even though it initially said i was in the middle of the circle) and boom everything worked perfect.

#5 I ran calibration just in case

Now everything is up and running and I only have to stand 5ft from my tv and kinect can see my whole body, and tracks my moves perfectly. A friend brought over child of something...it wasnt really my cup of tea (though the music was decent) I dont think i understood the point. I was just glad he was able to play it without me having to move out of the way. He said the movements were pretty accurate, im sure i would have heard some choice words if they weren't.

Page: 1 | 2