Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL
Profile for Artemaria > Reviews

Artemaria's Profile

Customer Reviews: 66

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Artemaria RSS Feed (New York City)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Set of 2 Retro Nostalgic Style Red Finish Dining Chairs
Set of 2 Retro Nostalgic Style Red Finish Dining Chairs
Offered by Home and Living
Price: $107.60
6 used & new from $91.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 1950s Diner-Style Retro Chairs, October 13, 2015
If this is what you want - and by that, I mean something that matches a 1950's diner-style decor, then you'd be hard pressed to get better for the money. The metal chrome and cherry red backs with white piping are spot on and so far have proven to be rather strong. The back padding is positioned in a good place and gives good lumbar support. Honestly, we bought them for the looks, but the chairs are more comfortable than we expected which was an added plus.

On the downside, the chairs are a little tricky to put together, but if you are at all handy (and be honest with yourself, you know if you are -- or aren't) then it isn't really that much of an issue. If you aren't handy, buy some beers and get your handy friend over put them together and enjoy your chairs. Highly recommended.

Mrice E300 3.5mm Jack In-Ear Stereo Earphones with 3 Different Size Ear Inserts (Black, Retail Packaging)
Offered by GranVela Co.,Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Slightly Above Average Sound - Way Below Average Durability, October 13, 2015
Bought these headphones based on an internet website review. The reviewer said the pair he bought had unreal sound for the price. Assuming it was not a form of guerilla advertising,I did not get a pair like the one that the reviewer was listening to. My pair, that I bought from Amazon, was not like that. The sound coming out of my pair was ever so slightly better than the sound that came out of Apple's earbuds, which was fine because at the time these cost a little less than Apple's earbuds. So it was an okay, but not great deal.

As it turned out, I didn't use them for awhile and then started using them again. And then, after a total of about 15 uses they failed. While that would be fine for a $10 pair of headphones, it is not acceptable for a $20 pair.

While YMMV, there seem to be some serious quality control issues with these headphones. I would recommend avoiding these and finding that has a little more consistent build quality.

iPhone 6 Plus Screen Protector Zakix® (TEMPERED GLASS) Top Quality Premium Anti-Scratch, Bubble-free, Reduce Fingerprint Screen Protector [1-Pack, Slim 0.33T, 9H Hardness] - Lifetime Warranty
Offered by Zakix Direct
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally Good, Excellent for the Money, And Some Tricks to Avoid Dust, May 10, 2015
Just installed this tempered glass screen protector for the iPhone 6 Plus and it looks nice and clear. Expect this to hold up and protect better than my plastic screen protector that did nothing in a recent fall. My package contained clear instructions on how to install the glass shield and contained an alcohol swab as well as a small piece of microfiber to clean the screen. Per the instructions, I wiped the screen clean with the alcohol and then the microfiber a couple of times, peeled the backing off the protector, lined it up, placed it on the phone and tapped the glass gently in the middle.

If you watch a YouTube video about how these types of screen protectors self-adhere, it worked just like that with the screen protector's adhesive generally sticking to the glass quickly and easily. So, this seems to work as well as any of the other screen protectors of similar type for sale on Amazon, but at about half the cost (depending on which one you buy). Note that the glass is within a millimeter of exactly the width of the visible active screen on the iPhone. Thus, lining it up perfectly is really important. On the white phone, this is a little easier because you can see the black edge of the screen when it is off. On the black phone, after you've cleaned it, just note that it will be hard to see the screen edges when putting on the screen protector; however, if you line up the really well positioned cut outs just right, you should not have a problem.

Just a tip for everyone who is going to installing this themselves, it is not super easy (although it is not extremely difficult) but you should know what you are getting into if you never have done something like this before. I would look up videos on You Tube in advance to see how other people do it, and then I would take the same precautions installing this as I would a plastic screen protector. Which means be very very careful about dust. I had a piece of dust under the glass (even though I cleaned the phone screen meticulously before installing the glass protector) and took the dust off the screen protector with a piece of scotch tape. Then I repositioned the glass on the phone again and it stuck. I don't know how many more times I could do it, and the instructions basically state "one and done" in terms of application, so I was fortunate that it stuck the second time. This is not a screen protector with which to "practice" if you've never done it before.

So, why 4 stars? The reason I docked it a star is because the upper right corner just won't stick to the glass now. It doesn't make sense, because I pressed the screen gently and the entire phone adhered (you will see it sticking ever so nicely to the phone by itself once you tap it in the middle. Also, even though the manufacturer doesn't mention this, I took two pieces of scotch tape and I put them on the front side (outside facing part) of the glass when I was installing the glass screen protector. I did this so that I would not touch the glass when I installed it. This helped alot in the installation. However, despite taking this precaution (and some others), the non-sticking upper right hand corner just won't adhere to the phone, no matter what I do - (I've pressed it many times, with a credit card, etc, it just won't stick). The good news is that I have a white phone, so it is not as noticeable as it would be on a black phone. It bothers me on the white phone (and I'm not taking a chance in trying to move this thing again), but it would drive me crazy on the black phone.

If you can, in addition to the above suggestions, I would recommend the old steamy room trick. Run the shower on hot, have the room steam up, and then apply this screen protector. I know it sounds weird, but every time I've done it that way, I had no dust on my screen protector, so I would recommend doing that with this as well, especially because repositioning it could compromise the adhesive. Otherwise, a relatively easy installation and a lot fewer bubbles than with the plastic version.

Best of luck.

Oryer Men's Winter Warm Earmuffs Grey
Oryer Men's Winter Warm Earmuffs Grey

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Earmuffs That Are Neither Adjustable Nor Foldable, January 28, 2015
This is an above average quality earmuff that I tried on and fit reasonably well. It felt warm and comfortable. I have a very average build and average sized head, and these earmuffs could be worn reasonably easily although they were a drop loose.

So why three stars? There are two features that these earmuffs don't have, which are foldability and adjustability. Without foldability, earmuffs generally are hard to stuff in a pocket and have to be carried about on a sleeve or somewhere else. With respect to adjustability, while well constructed, as I mentioned above, the earmuffs are a drop loose. With them being loose, it would really help to tighten them up a drop (or loosen them up if necessary) as the size of people's heads vary. Without these features, while I'm sure the earmuffs will keep your ears warm (if they fit perfectly), there are foldable and adjustable options out there.

Best of luck with your shopping decisions.

High quality Cree XM-L T6 LED Headlight Head Light Lamp Zoomable 1200Lm
High quality Cree XM-L T6 LED Headlight Head Light Lamp Zoomable 1200Lm

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a great one. I was a little surprised when it ..., December 7, 2014
If you need a headlamp, this is a great one.

I was a little surprised when it arrived in a box with all Chinese lettering (no English lettering at all, as if, other than a link on Amazon, there's no pretense of this being "marketed" for sale in this country), but the quality is impressive. While it is pricey, you definitely are getting a solid and well built product for your money. The band is elastic and adjustable. One really nice touch that shows the effort to make a quality product is that this headlamp has a thin layer of foam padding The light is bright and adjustable into three modes (bright, low and blinking). Unlike some of the $3 flashlights on Amazon, this has never failed me, it ALWAYS works and I've had it for awhile.

Perhaps my favorite feature is that this headlamp takes AA batteries. Many of the other headlamps had proprietary or non-common sized rechargeable batteries. It is great to have AA batteries and know that, if you need to change them, then you can get batteries anywhere. By the way, I've had this for several months with sporadic use and haven't had to change batteries yet.

Best of luck with your purchasing decision.

The Original iMagnet Cradle-less Universal Car Phone Windshield Dashboard Mount Holder for iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S 6S Plus 5S 5, Galaxy S6 S5, Note 5 4 3, with Official iMagnet Logo
Offered by Genexus Distributions
Price: $39.99
5 used & new from $9.90

3.0 out of 5 stars iMagnet Phone Holder - Comprehensive Review, December 7, 2014
This is one of several magnetic iPhone holders that are for sale on Amazon. I bought this one before I realized that there were other variants for sale for less money. Assuming that these are all about the same quality and they all work about the same, it may be worth it to save some money and find another version. Here's the pros and cons of this particular holder which I'm using with an oversized (phablet) phone with case which has a metal insert in the back.

This holder was made of decent, but not great materials. It has a very generic plastic base (which doesn't feel super cheap, but won't blow you away with its quality either), and a mounting magnet "head" that seems to be of somewhat better quality and has kind of a rough textured covering. According to the manufacturer, this rough texture is intended to keep the phone from sliding around when the vehicle moves.

My holder came with three magnetic plates, one small circular one and two larger rectangular plates that also have an adhesive strip. I did not use the adhesive strip, I basically taped the plates on the inside of the phone case with packing tape to avoid having the plates scratch the back of the phone (don't know if they would or wouldn't but didn't want to chance anything).

Dead simple simplicity (repetition intended) - once you put the magnet inside the case, it is very easy to use this, you simply place the back of the phone (where the magnet is) against the magnetic head of the base and that's it. It generally works and generally works well.

Dashboard adhesion - this is more impressive than the magnetic adhesion. I put this down on the dash, and it hasn't moved at all.

Looks - nothing looks better than the phone just floating there in mid-air.

Adjustability - nothing beats this in terms of adjustability. If you buy a magnetic holder, you never have to worry about phone "size" again. You can use this for any phone at any time, as long as you move the magnet from one phone case to the other. Adjustability also relates to how easy it is to change the phone from landscape mode to portrait mode (which is basically just sticking out your hand and turning the phone). It really couldn't be easier. The magnetic base and head also are rather adjustable. The fittings are tight, so it doesn't move around too much and doesn't look like it will loosen up anytime soon.

Magnetic plate: very slim design, does not seem to affect phone call quality or internet reception at all.

Rough Road Slippage: Now, please keep in mind that this review is written with a large phone (phablet) and a case which has a metal plate in the back. With this set up, the phone slips from time to time -- but does not come off the stand -- especially when the car goes over large potholes or rough roads. YMMV if you have (1) a smaller phone, (2) no metal plate on the outside back of the case, and (3) a car with a smoother suspension. But even with these factors, I think that this stand should have been designed so that the phone should not slip at all on this stand. And I am disappointed that it does this and it caused me to think about returning it, although I haven't done so yet.

Pressing Buttons: Once you get used to it, it is easy to avoid having the phone fall off the stand when you press buttons. But you should be aware that if you want to press a physical button on the front of the phone (such as the "home" button on the iPhone), you can't just stick out a finger and press the button because the physical pressure needed to depress the button on the edge of the phone ALWAYS knocks the phone off of this stand. Thus, if you have to press the physical home button, then you have to put your fingers behind the phone and press the button with your thumb while supporting the phone with your fingers. There is simply no other way to depress a physical button on the front of the phone without having it drop off the stand. The phone seems to work okay with swiping and pressing virtual buttons on the screen, but you have to be aware of how much pressure you are applying because otherwise you risk the phone falling off.

Price: This is a bit subjective, but I think the holder is a little expensive for what it is. Please note that since I bought this, some other less expensive (and similarly effective) versions of this type of stand have appeared on Amazon and you may want to consider one or more of these when you are deciding what to buy.

Hope this review helps you with your purchasing decision.

Large Medium-FIRM Wellness Seat Cushion (Size: 17" x 13" x 3". Color: Black)
Large Medium-FIRM Wellness Seat Cushion (Size: 17" x 13" x 3". Color: Black)
Offered by TravelMate
Price: $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Some Relief for Back Pain While Sitting, December 7, 2014
A chiropractor recommended this type of cushion to alleviate some pain while sitting. Specifically she said to get a cushion that is thicker in the back and thinner in the front, with a cut out to avoid pressure on the lumbrosacral spine.

Didn't try any others, but this one seems to work fine (and seemed to cost less than most of the others). As a result, I can't tell you whether this one is more firm or less firm than others. I also can't tell you whether this is more comfortable than others, but I can say that this has been rather comfortable. It is a memory foam type of core with a dark blue/black cloth covering. If I had to guess, I'd say that this is "medium-firm" with a little leaning more towards the firm.

I did buy two of them at different times. They were not identical. One has a handle stitched on the side and the other has a handle that transverses the cut out in the back. Other than that, they both worked well and were about the same firmness. I used one in the car (where you really, really need it) and one at work. Both of them have made it easier for me to sit for longer periods of time than previously possible.

Hope this helps you with your purchasing decision.

B&R Plastics 101-6 White EZ Foldz
B&R Plastics 101-6 White EZ Foldz
Price: $13.27
40 used & new from $8.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, small, sturdy and Made in USA - Great folding step stool, December 7, 2014
We had this step stool for about 10 years until someone didn't open it right and it broke. This thing is small, strong, durable and holds up to 300 pounds. You can't tell from the photos, but the top is textured, so it is not slippery. Best of all it folds into less than 2 inches wide, which is fairly remarkable. We stick it between the wall and our refrigerator, so it is hidden, but always handy for us when we need a little extra height to reach that top shelf in the kitchen cabinets.

Finally, remarkable as it is, this is made in the USA, and is one of the few products that doesn't really have a big (if any) price premium for being made in this country. The quality of this step stool is worlds better than the similar step stools that I have seen that cost only about the same (or a dollar or two less) but are made overseas.

Hope this review helps you with your shopping decision.

Carl Angel-5 Pencil Sharpener, Red, Quiet for Office, Home and School
Carl Angel-5 Pencil Sharpener, Red, Quiet for Office, Home and School
Offered by Bestket
Price: $20.92
8 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharpening Memories - A Blast from the Past, December 5, 2014
When I was younger, I used to have a metal pencil sharpener screwed to a wall that we used to sharpen the pencils for school. I remember that pencil sharpener lasting for years and sharpening many pencils over and over again with it. This pencil sharpener, while not the same model or brand as that one, is built similarly. I can easily envision this being a sharpener from a time when things that were built to last were made in this country. While you can't tell from the pictures, the body of the sharpener is metal, and the handle and little drawer for the sharpenings are plastic. The sharpener is very well built. Despite the American sounding name, and my hopes that it would have been made in this country, based on the packaging, it appears as if the sharpener actually is made in Japan.

The way to use it is that you squeeze the two black prongs sticking out from the top and gently pull the silver faceplate away from the body of the sharpener. The two black prongs open up grips in the hole for the pencil and when you turn the handle, the silver plate moves back towards the body of the sharpener and feeds the pencil into the sharpener. The clear basket on the bottom holds the sharpenings which basically fall in there from gravity.

We burned through five electric sharpeners before we bought this one. Each electric sharpener eventually had its motor eventually fail, regardless of cost, some much much sooner than others.

I believe that, like the sharpener I had long ago, this is a sharpener that we will have for many years and will not need to buy another.

Halo Screen Protector Film High Definition (HD) Clear (Invisible) for iPhone 6 Plus - [3 Pack] - Lifetime Replacement Warranty
Offered by TDC Direct
Price: $4.49
2 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen Protector for a Great Price, December 5, 2014
Bought this three pack because basically, it was the cheapest PET plastic film screen protector for the iPhone. I've bought a bunch of these, some brand names, and some not. If you get something that is made with Japanese PET plastic like this screen protector is, I've not noticed a significant difference in quality among the brands, only in the price (with of course the brands that spend some money on marketing costing a little more).

The package I bought came with three screen protectors and a little microfiber cloth. I did not receive in my package a little card (to push out the bubbles, but a credit card works just as well), or a "sticky tab" to get rid of the dust that sometimes sticks to the adhesive side of the protector (a piece of scotch tape actually works just as well if not better) which come with some kits. It is a little hard to get these kinds of screen protectors on, and I've had some success in dry normal rooms, but it really is somewhat easier if you put them on in a small bathroom with a hot shower running like some of the other reviewers mentioned. In fact, I tried it for the first time with one of these protectors and it went on amazingly easily

Please note that this screen protector does not go to the edge of the screen as the iPhone 6Plus screen curves at the end and the screen protector could not adhere to the curves. There is a note in the package explaining this was a design choice, and this particular design is consistent with that of some other screen protectors that I have seen on these phones. As a result, and unlike the videos you may see on YouTube and the internet showing how screen protectors such as this one will prevent the glass of your iPhone from shattering, because of the new iPhone design and the adaptations that screen protector designers made to accommodate the design, I would not count on it.

In fact, someone dropped my iPhone with one of these protectors on it and the screen shattered quite extensively (I bought the phone with a credit card that covers accidental damage, so happily, I didn't have to pay for the repair). The good thing is that with the plastic on it, you still can use the phone because the plastic prevents your fingers from running over the jagged glass and potentially getting cut. I'm not sure, but I don't think that the tempered glass protectors would have fared any better in my situation as the phone hit the ground on the exact rounded corner where there was no coverage from the former case and no screen protector (although if I had to guess, I'd say tempered glass probably would resist scratches somewhat better).

Nevertheless, at the cost of about $3 (shipped) for 3 protectors, this is a no-brainer.

Hope this helps with your shopping decisions, best of luck with your purchase.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7