Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Lisa Shea > Reviews

Browse

Lisa Shea's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2623
Top Reviewer Ranking: 326

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Lisa Shea "be the change you wish to see in the world" RSS Feed
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Square A-SKU-0113 Contactless and Chip Reader
Square A-SKU-0113 Contactless and Chip Reader
Price: $49.99
14 used & new from $35.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it should be, July 9, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've used the square reader for a couple years off and on as I've needed to take credit card payments at the occasional show. This new version isn't great, but it's the best option available for chip card protection today. Otherwise, it would get fewer stars.

It fails in two places. First, I can't see why they couldn't integrate a stripe reader directly into the device. I need to both have the original reader available for stripe cards, and have this for contactless and chip cards. Second, the maintenance of the connection with the phone is weak for intermittent use. Having to explain to your customer that it will just be another moment while you reconnect your card reader to your phone doesn't feel very professional.

Based on the above negatives, it would surprise me if they didn't come out with a better version that addresses these issues within the year. Having it is better than losing sales, and you should grab it if you feel the hassles will be made up for by the ability to accommodate the additional payment methods.

Gatorade Protein Powder, Chocolate (6 single pouches, 20 grams of protein per serving)
Price: $12.00
2 used & new from $12.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A good choice for the thin and fit athlete, July 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I tried a packet of this powder today mixed with water and a couple little ice cubes in my Cuisinart shake mixer. With the powered mixer, the result was a delightful and weighty shake. The flavor was very good, reminiscent of a classic chocolate milk shake (the kind without ice cream). It was quite filling as well, often a good thing for a post-exercise snack.

In terms of what I want from a post-workout recovery product, the Gatorade product falls short. First, I do try to avoid soy-based protein products in favor of pure whey-based products. Second, when I look for post-workout protein, I prefer isolated whey for faster absorption. As such, the protein in this powder isn't what I am looking for. Admittedly, the soy in this product is mostly about providing that rich consistency, and there is some isolate in the mix, so it's not all bad.

Beyond the type of protein, I also like to limit my carbs in general, and sugars in particular. In order to get 20 grams of protein from this product, I have to submit myself to 25 grams of sugar as part of 45 grams of total carbohydrate. This will work great for the athlete who is very fit and looking to enjoy a heavier version of chocolate milk, but is not as good a choice for the person who works out to lose weight. Admittedly, some amount of carbohydrate should be taken with the protein, but the numbers here seem too large. I've had great success with products from Vitamin World and EAS that both have very low sugar/carb content and will stick with them.

I do have a few packets of the Gatorade product left over that I will enjoy as a combination recovery product and dessert. It really is quite tasty when well made!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 6, 2016 2:37 PM PDT

Suave Essentials Body Wash, Cucumber and Agave Smash 12 Oz
Suave Essentials Body Wash, Cucumber and Agave Smash 12 Oz
Offered by PMJ Sales
Price: $8.05
6 used & new from $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, but not compelling, July 5, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very pleasant body wash. It cleans with a mild scent of cucumber and is great for a relaxing shower. In general, I use a body wash at the gym as an all-in-one product to also clean my hair, so I usually choose one that claims that set of uses. While I enjoyed using this, I probably wouldn't seek it out because of that.

One other nice feature of this product is that it cleans and lathers pretty well so that you don't need to use a ton of it to get clean. I'll probably stick to my bar soap when I'm at home and the body/face/hair product at the gym, but I'd be happy to use this if it were available to me.

Epson Premium Photo Paper GLOSSY (13x19 Inches, 20 Sheets) (S041289)
Epson Premium Photo Paper GLOSSY (13x19 Inches, 20 Sheets) (S041289)
Price: $36.37
91 used & new from $36.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Paper - Wins Prizes, July 1, 2016
I belong to several art groups and we regularly hold art shows. I do all of my own printing because I like to control every aspect of what I'm entering. I've won a number of prizes using the Epson glossy paper, so it definitely holds its own in a judged environment! I love the rich color it creates. I've never had any issues with it.

I use a variety of paper types depending on the image - luster, pearl, metallic, and so on. So my recommendation is to get glossy but don't just stick with glossy. Try the other types as well. You might be amazed by how an image looks "good" on one paper and "spectacular" on another.

Ask with questions!

Soft 'n Style 8 oz. Spray Bottle Set / 3 Piece Set (B28SET)
Soft 'n Style 8 oz. Spray Bottle Set / 3 Piece Set (B28SET)
Offered by Oasis Mall
Price: $5.81
9 used & new from $2.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, Useful, with Slight Issues, July 1, 2016
When my sister got married she bought everyone little succulent-in-a-necklace-pendant mementos for us to take home and grow. Somehow I am the only person out of the entire group who successfully got mine growing! So now I'm in the process of propagating out all those little leaves to make new succulents for the rest of the group. When I try to water the leaves even with "single drops" from my finger those drops are just too big. They move the leaves around. I needed a mister. This set of three was inexpensive and looked great.

I can see why some reviewers are complaining about the spray adjustment. These misters are not expensive, super-high-quality units. It can very easily be that slight manufacturing issues will cause the mister to work or not work. I'm fortunate that mine mostly work. It definitely makes a powerful solid stream. That's not the challenge. The challenge is twisting it down to get a fine spray. Even at the tightest setting I either get a fairly directed mist or nothing. That extra minute twist shuts off the stream. Now, some people might think the directed mist is perfect! It's misty! But for a person trying to do something fairly specific with mist and where *any* stream in there is going to cause problems, this doesn't create a true mist. At least mine don't. Again, the fairly inexpensive quality of manufacture could easily mean that someone else's does create a true mist and mine just is off by a hair.

Still, I do get "mostly mist" so as long as I point the center of the stream somewhere safe I can get the mist on the little succulent leaves and water them without disturbing them from the soil. I don't want them to "be moved" at all when I water them because they are making fine roots right now. I'm sure once they're at the stage where they have made new flowers that their root system will be more robust and I won't have to worry about the fine mist any more. Still, the whole purpose I bought these spray bottles was to handle this current needs-light-mist stage.

So we'll give them four stars. They're inexpensive. You get three! They are great at solid streams. They have issues with making a fine mist but it's still workable.

2003-2008 SUBARU FORESTER, 1997-2007 SUBARU IMPREZA Driver Side Replacement Mirror Glass
Offered by Hubcaps Plus
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Mirror - Issue with Instructions, July 1, 2016
I have a 2004 Subaru Forester which is clearly on its last days - it's at nearly 200,000 miles. I live in New England and it gets cold here every winter. For some strange reason the driver's side mirror cracked all on its own one wintry night. Who knows, maybe water got beneath it? I'd never had that happen before. So I figured I'd just get a new mirror rather than replace the whole assembly.

This mirror came without instructions. They told you to go to their website to find instructions. The website said to enter the code from the box. The box had no code! There were stickers on the box and maybe the stickers hid the code but there was no way to remove the stickers without ripping the underlying box. So we ended up having to search the internet for random other people who had done this.

Luckily, once we did, we found instructions and the replacement was fairly easy. The new mirror is in place and working perfectly. So that's good.

So they get good marks for the mirror itself and they lose a star for making us hunt on our own how to do the replacement.

ALASKA BEAR - Natural Silk Pillow Cases for Hair & Facial Skin Beauty Queen Size Anti-Bacterial Pillowcase, Ivory White Pillow Sham Cover with Hidden Zipper (1, Ivory(non-bleached))
Offered by AccMarket
Price: $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for Sensitive Skin, July 1, 2016
I had never tried a silk pillowcase before. I'd never even thought about using one. But my skin is very sensitive. It got to the point during allergy season that just sleeping on a cotton pillowcase was hurting my face. The "sliding" of my face against the pillowcase as I slept was almost like sandpapering my face. I'd wake up with it all red and itchy. I knew there had to be some sort of a solution.

I admit I was fairly skeptical that a pillowcase change would really help - but was I amazed! The silk pillowcase was smooth and cool. My face "slides" along the pillowcase instead of sandpapering against fibers. Voila, my face immediately was much better! Who would have thought that such a simple change would have helped so much!

Highly recommended for anyone with sensitive skin.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2016 8:00 PM PDT

Holga 307120 Holga HOLGAGLO 120N Cameras (Fucshia Fusion)
Holga 307120 Holga HOLGAGLO 120N Cameras (Fucshia Fusion)
Price: $38.99
3 used & new from $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera and Awesome Color, July 1, 2016
I adore my Holga Fuchsia camera. It's definitely eye-catching! I have other Holga 120 film format cameras in the "normal colors" - black, mustard yellow, and so on. Those barely get glanced at. They just look like black cameras. But when I'm out and about with the HolgaGlo Fuchsia Fusion it draws in conversation. It gets people talking about film photography. About medium-format photography. Which is great!

If you have any Holga questions let me know - I've got five of them and just adore them. They are amazing cameras in general. This color in particular is lots of fun!

The photos show what the camera looks like when it arrives :). Keep the box when you get one! These things are collectors' items.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Peltor Sport Ultimate Hearing Protector
Peltor Sport Ultimate Hearing Protector
Price: $31.24
4 used & new from $27.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Peltor quality, June 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have used various Peltor products for years in varying environments from using back yard power equipment to shooting competitions. They have always been up to the task. In this case, I find these to provide excellent protection against loud noise. I like to listen to audio books or music while I mow, I have enough room inside these large cups to comfortably wear some earbuds under them. That was tough to do under the low profile version I used to wear. I agree that the more expensive active version that amplifies voices into your ear while preventing loud transients from coming through is a great product when the budget allows and environment suggests it would be preferred, but they aren't for everyone.

The strap that goes over your head seems quite comfortable and the only knock I have on these is that I get a feeling of pressure because they fit so snugly. Maybe that will loosen up a little over time, I won't know for a while. In any case, they are slightly uncomfortable out of the box and I wouldn't want to wear them for long periods. I wear a 7 1/4 hat, so not a particularly large noggin.

remodeez Auto Deodorizer: Charcoal Odor and Moisture Remover, Navy
remodeez Auto Deodorizer: Charcoal Odor and Moisture Remover, Navy
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Does clean smell better than pine trees?, June 25, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are supper easy to use and about as simple as it gets. My car doesn't smell like a pine forest or a field of flowers, but it doesn't smell bad, either. This thing just may be doing something. We'll have to wait to see how they hold up and if they actually do "recharge" with sunlight.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20