Profile for J. Donaldson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Donaldson RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Simply Bamboo Extra Large (20" X 20") Espresso Brown Bamboo Wood Square Serving Tray
Offered by Mountain Woods
Price: $119.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great sized tray for a large ottoman, October 14, 2014
This is a great sized tray for a large ottoman. We're able to fit two full sized plates inside, along with plenty of space for a few cups and sides. Perfect for tv night.

iPhone 6 Case, elago S6 Genuine Leather Pocket Case for the iPhone 6 (4.7inch) - eco friendly Retail Packaging - [Limited Edition]
Offered by elago design
Price: $27.99

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a great looking case, October 14, 2014
This is a great looking case. The leather is perfect, and the extra slot for cards is a great feature. However, it has a stupid problem. Usually with these types of wallet you can rely on the leather to stretch to accommodate the cards. However, in this case, the leather is actually bound together with a vinyl plastic. If you try and put too many cards in (2 or more), the vinyl will stretch and eventually tear. This has started happening to me, and I had to try and put it back together with super glue. I'll hang on to this for a while longer, but I'm already looking out for my next case.

Monoprice 108323 Premium Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone, Black
Monoprice 108323 Premium Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone, Black
Price: $32.23
41 used & new from $23.17

5.0 out of 5 stars They're both great.., October 14, 2014
I have these and the ATH-M50s, and put replacement velour earpads on both. They're both great... and have similar sound characteristics. I'm hard pressed to pick a favorite.

Timex Unisex T2N647 "Weekender" Watch with Black Nylon Band
Timex Unisex T2N647 "Weekender" Watch with Black Nylon Band
Price: $28.10
16 used & new from $26.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design for the price, March 5, 2014
This watch is really designed well. The strap is sturdy, the indiglo function is handy, and it looks much nicer than the price would let on.

Shure HPAEC940 Replacement Velour Ear Pads for SRH940 Headphones (Pair)
Shure HPAEC940 Replacement Velour Ear Pads for SRH940 Headphones (Pair)
Price: Click here to see our price
7 used & new from $17.49

5.0 out of 5 stars "No brainer" upgrade for ATH-M50, February 19, 2014
These are a great set of pads, which normally are customized for a certain brand/style of headphone. As luck would have it, these Shure pads will work my beloved ATH-M50 headphones. They completely remove the ear fatigue and pressure that limited the amount of time I could wear the ATH-M50 before my ears started hurting.

To answer some of the other questions I've seen regarding this swap:

These pads alter the sound somewhat. I couldn't put my finger on it, I guess these pads don't "seal" the air in surrounding your ears as well... for better or worse. Also, the inner lining may press more closely up to your ear, muting some higher frequencies. If sound is this important to you (studio monitoring), you can swap the old pads in and out for those types of intensive sessions, and use these for casual use. They're super easy to change.

The pads have a slightly different depth, and the dimensions *are* slightly off. E.g., the pads can rotate freely around the ear cup, whereas the original pads are much tighter on the cup. However, the pads are in no danger of falling off or slipping. There is a tiny bit of give to the inner lining, since the depth is slightly different.

All things considered the pads give a "comfort mode" to my ATH-M50's. It's now my most comfortable set of closed ear headphones, and I would never would have thought that could be possible 3 weeks ago.

Monoprice 108320 Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones, Silver
Monoprice 108320 Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones, Silver
Price: $12.71
15 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I have 4 pairs, January 4, 2014
I love these things. I use them all the time, and now have several pairs so that they're always nearby.

Griffin Technology BlueTrip AUX for iPhone and Smartphones
Griffin Technology BlueTrip AUX for iPhone and Smartphones
Offered by TurboDeals
Price: $54.95
6 used & new from $34.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great add-on for consoles with lighters + headphone jacks, January 4, 2014
We have a late model subaru outback. While it has a bluetooth connection for connecting to a phone, it doesn't have one for media... which is strange. However, it does have a headphone jack and a cigarette lighter in the armrest console. This little gadget works perfectly there.

Melitta 80395 Coffee Grinder
Melitta 80395 Coffee Grinder
Price: $41.18
6 used & new from $41.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and clean (if inconsistent) grinder, January 4, 2014
This doesn't give you the most consistent grind for espresso, etc. On the espresso-level grind, it seems to create "dust" along with the right grind size. However, the grind port and hopper are well designed, keeping everything clean. We've been using this pretty steadily for several months with no hiccups.

AURIA EQ276W LED 27-Inch IPS LED Monitor, WQHD 2560x1440, HDMI, DVI-D, DisplayPort

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed on me twice. Sold for $20 for spare parts., January 4, 2014
I did a lot of research trying to find a decent 2560 monitor, and settled on the Auria model here. The monitor worked fine for a month or so, and then refused to work. The led indicator light would come on, and the panel would briefly illuminate, and then turn off once more. I sent it back to Auria, and they said that it was working fine. I got the monitor back, and it worked ok for a few months, and then failed again. This time, it was out of warranty, and I was out of luck. I sold the monitor for spare parts. For what it's worth the folks at Auria were helpful.

If the monitor *did* work consistently, I'd give it a 3/5. The monitor has a lot of connectivity options (and I tried every single one of them in an effort to get it to work). However, the cables plug in at very awkward angles. The display port socket, in particular, seems like it is backwards (the clip you need to press to disengage the cable is up against the side of the monitor housing... tricky to release). The monitor is not adjustable in any way, so you need to use a book, etc. to prop it up in some cases. There's also a separate power brick for some reason. The whole thing just didn't feel very solid to me.

The image quality was good, honestly...better than I thought it would be. There's some edge bleeding, and I couldn't get the colors *absolutely* perfect, but it still gave you a gorgeous 2560 desktop. Just wish it would've held up a bit longer.

I now have a ASUS PB278Q. It's a step up in price, but it's fully height/tilt adjustable, the OSD and ports are well designed, the image is perfect, and everything "just works".

Merrell Mens Era Moc Grey Leather Outdoor 10
Merrell Mens Era Moc Grey Leather Outdoor 10

4.0 out of 5 stars On my third pair, October 3, 2012
I'm a big fan of these. They're comfortable enough to walk around all day in, and sturdy enough to hold up to moderate wear and tear. The only thing that's a bit disappointing is that the tread and insole seem to break down quickly.

Page: 1 | 2