Profile for H. Dinh > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 420

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

H. Dinh "shooter" RSS Feed (OKUSA)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Black & Decker BL4000R XL Blast Party Blender
Black & Decker BL4000R XL Blast Party Blender
Price: $64.87
2 used & new from $61.63

4.0 out of 5 stars Great blender and price, from a Vitamix owner., January 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have gone through so many blenders until one day, I finally got the workhorse of blenders, Vitamix. One thing I learned was every blender has its role and designed usage. Learn how to use it within its capacity and you have a great tool that will last a long time to come.

Bright red color and fairly powerful, it can whip up a batch of margarita with ease. Different speeds allow you to chop ice (not too much ice), make fruit smoothies and vegetable drinks and doing a good job of it. The jar is made of hard plastic to reduce weight and won't break if you happen to drop it. As in any hard plastic, wash it often and immediate after use will keep it looking great a long time.

However, I would not run it for more than 5 minutes at a time. My experience is that the motor, while powerful will heat up after more than 5 minutes and start degrading. This blender does a great job as it was designed and comes with decent price.

LifeProof iPhone 6 Case - Fre Series - Black (Black/Black)
LifeProof iPhone 6 Case - Fre Series - Black (Black/Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good protection from dust and humidity., January 10, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The main reason I get this case was for its advertised water-prroof. I carry my iPhone in my back jersey pocket when I ride my bicycle, and it is exposed to rain, mud and most of all, sweat. I have protected case on my phone, but it only covers the back. After a ride, especially in the summer, I can see some humidity behind the case. So I regularly put my phone in a ziplock bag when I am outside for a ride or run. I can say that after testing this case, I would not hesitate to continue riding in the light rain and have no worries about sweat. But I would not go swimming or diving this case, it would not help if the phone has prolong exposure under water. The way the case look, I don't think it offers that much shock protection. I did not test this part, as I would not drop my phone to see if it breaks!

The phone case comes in 2 pieces, front and back. The front part has a plastic cover for your screen, and this does not affect the touch screen. TouchID works with the phone cover's on, but you have to be a bit more careful as it is not as sensitive as a bare phone. All port openings has cover plugs, so more protection from dust and humidity. Camera and flash has openings with plastic covers, from the first look, I worry that it may interfere with camera lens, but after a couple of tests I think they work fine. The good thing is the case does not add that much bulk to the phone. With the cover on, the phone only is a bit thicker. The case is made out of soft, non slipped plastic and easy to handle.

If you need protection for your phone from dust, humidity and may be light rain when you are outside , I think this case is perfect. I would not dip the phone in water like the picture suggested. Its price is a bit high too, so may be a ziplock bag is a better option.

Apple Magic Trackpad
Apple Magic Trackpad
Price: $65.94
78 used & new from $41.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Trackpad works wonderful, but make sure to buy the latest., January 5, 2015
This trackpad works well with your Apple computers, from Mac book Pro to Mac Mini. It replaces the built-in trackpad in your MBP and add trackpad capability to you Mini and Mac Pro. The best thing is they work the same way whether built-in or external, so you would feel right at home!

I am used to using the mouse, but switching to trackpad takes very little effort. And I think it is a must have accessory if you use Apple computers.

The only issue I have was this trackpad would not pair with my new Mac Mini (it dis pair with my older Mac Book Pros). I spent 1.5 hrs on the phone with Apple Support without success and finally had to schedule appointment with an Apple store's Genius bar. The Apple support rep in the store made an exception and gave me a new trackpad, then it works fine. I guessed that the trackpad I bought in Amazon is an older version, so it only works with older Apple computers! This may be the reason you should buy these accessories for your newer Apple computers from the Apple store, to avoid unnecessary headaches.

gearup The Grand Stand Single Bike Floor Stand, Black
gearup The Grand Stand Single Bike Floor Stand, Black
Price: $18.22
30 used & new from $17.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, simple and light weight bike stand, January 1, 2015
This is a nice, simple and light weight bike stand. Probably not not as easy transportable like others that you can fold, but it serves my purpose well. I need to wash my cyclocross bike after some muddy runs, and need something to hold it upright. I could get sturdier metal stand, but then have to worry about rust. Since this stand is made out of hard plastic that is no worries, except for the bolts that hold the stand together.

There is some adjustment for different size of tires from fat mountain bike to road. Since my cross is 32mm and road is 23mm, I found a good set up for both. The stand touches my rear derailleur on both bikes (have no idea what they do with the derailleur on website picture), so I use it with the front wheel and it holds up fine. If you have same needs as mine, this stand is perfect. It is light weight and compact enough that you could throw in your car and take it with you. I tend to agree with other reviewers that this stand is not sturdy enough to be a permanent bike storage stand as it is lightweight. For that, you need heavier one or some sand bags to hold it down! I gave it 4 stars because it works as it was designed and I like it, but nothing to brag about.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Sony MDRAS200 Active Sports Headphones (Black)
Sony MDRAS200 Active Sports Headphones (Black)
Price: Click here to see our price
103 used & new from $0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars They are FANTASTIC for the price, December 29, 2014
I took a chance and bought two of these headphones, one back and one white. They are FANTASTIC for the price! The headphones stay securely on my ears, sound great and are comfortable to wear. I was worried that the loops would hurt my ears if they are too tight, but luckily they fit just right. The way it is felt, I don't think it will come when I walk or bike.

I used primarily Phillips sport headphones as they come with ear hooks and compact, comfortable to wear. However, seems line I went through Phillips headphone too quickly, one every 6 months or so. So I try this one by Sony and see how long it lasts.

The cord is kind of long though, but It is ok I can live with it.

ECCO Men's Collin Wing Tip Fashion Sneaker,Dark Clay,42 EU/8-8.5 M US
ECCO Men's Collin Wing Tip Fashion Sneaker,Dark Clay,42 EU/8-8.5 M US
Price: $139.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice shoes and high quality but half size too large., December 29, 2014
I like this pair of shoes a lot. It has nice classic wingtips pattern, color goes with everything from blue jeans to dress pants. Very high quality and comfortable, but a bit larger than a regular size. I ordered size 8 and it is a bit larger than all my other size 8 shoes. I can feel good amount of space in front of my toes, but not enough for me to give it up. Just wish I ordered a half size smaller.

Schlage Touch Century Lock with Latitude Lever (Satin Nickel) FE695 CEN 619 LAT
Schlage Touch Century Lock with Latitude Lever (Satin Nickel) FE695 CEN 619 LAT
Price: $139.00
5 used & new from $119.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, secured and excellent features!, December 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I always have Schlage locks for my home, since I began to own a home back in the 80s. Schlage locks have many different price points, but they are all high quality and secured. So I am happy to receive this lock to try out. It is installed on my backdoor.
Just like having a keypad for your garage opener, it is so convenient when you go out and never have to worry about forgetting to bring a key, or accidentally lock yourself out of the house. Schalge lock is very secured, worthy of protecting the door to your house.

Installing the lock is no more difficult than a regular deadbolt lock. Remove the old one and put the new one on. If you have doubts about this, call a locksmith. But if you read the instruction and know how to operate a screw driver, you should be all set.

I particularly like the option to program multiple codes. Sometimes, my wife just doesn't remember the number I gave her, so she can chose one that easy for her to memorize. Installing and programming the lock took all of half an hour and never have to worry about being locked out again. I love this lock!

Frigidaire WLVF-10343 Venice Horizontal Wall-Mounted LED Fireplace with Digital Display and Remote Control, Black
Price: $326.16
8 used & new from $299.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Unrealistic looking flames and heavy., December 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't know what I can do with this. This "fireplace" is too heavy to hang on a wall, it is probably heavier than my 48" LED TV, and larger than my *real* fireplace opening so it doesn't fit anywhere. You would need a flatscreen wall kit. As many other reviewers noted, the fire doesn't look like real fire and tacky at best. I thought that being a LED screen, you could probably have a video of real fire, or Frigidaire could provide a video input so you could play a movie with it.

The fireplace generate some warm with two settings and if you turn the light off, without looking at the screen you could imagine flame flickering. But that sort of defeats the purpose of this fire place. Is there a firmware upgrade to show more realistic looking fire? I doubt it. So purchase at your own risk!

Faultless 40105 Hot Iron Cleaner - 2 Pack
Faultless 40105 Hot Iron Cleaner - 2 Pack
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $5.15
14 used & new from $1.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Make your iron new again!!, December 19, 2014
We finally have an iron that we both loved..then after almost a year of regular use, something caked under the iron. Hard water, starch or whatever that was impossible to remove without damaging the underside. I watched a bunch of YouTube videos on this topic and tried most of them to no avail. So I am back to Amazon and found this cleaner (also made by the people who made the starch that we are using).

Follow the instruction, I drained all water from the iron and plugged it in, set to high heat. Then squeezed one tube of cleaner to a terry cloth and started rubbing the area in circular motion. AMAZING!! all stubborn (whatever) start coming off!! Took a few seconds more to clean the rest of the iron and it look brand new!! 5 bucks saved my $100+ iron!!

I recommend doing this outside. I did it in my kitchen and the steam set off my smoke alarm, I don't think the chemical vapor is good for you either. But this cleaner worked miracle!!

CONVERSE Men's All Star Ox (Safari Cm 8.0 M)
CONVERSE Men's All Star Ox (Safari Cm 8.0 M)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality and fit!, December 12, 2014
I have several pairs of canvas Converse, but this could be the coolest of them all. The shoes are in excellent quality with rather thick soles, fit nicely to my feet. The camo pattern looks really nice, actually better than in the website's picture. Everyone loves it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20