Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day $5 Off Fire TV Stick Labor Day Sale in Wine Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Profile for PLM > Reviews

Browse

PLM's Profile

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PLM RSS Feed (Chicago, IL United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Martian: A Novel
The Martian: A Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting and realistic Mars story., July 22, 2015
The book blended the technical with a story of human survival. The main character never gave up hope or humor. I enjoyed how it stayed focused almost exclusively on his time on Mars and it didn't get bogged down by a lot of unnecessary description. The story seemed a little unrealistic with him able to figure out solutions to everything with limited resources but that is my only criticism.

Kitchi Battery Operated Fabric Shaver - Lint Remover
Kitchi Battery Operated Fabric Shaver - Lint Remover
Offered by FRH LLC
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $9.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 12, 2015
A very good product for the price. Very fast shipping and the seller has been fantastic!

Carpathia
Carpathia

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I hoped, March 21, 2015
This review is from: Carpathia (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the first half but then it got silly and it took itself too seriously.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This printer is super fast and I love that it duplexes, July 17, 2014
This printer is super fast and I love that it duplexes. It is only black and white but that is all I need for 95 percent of what I print. It isn't super quiet but that is ok. It is fast and starts up quickly. I would buy it again. A great workhorse for the money.

Canon PowerShot G16 12.1 MP CMOS Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom and 1080p Full-HD Video
Price: $399.00
56 used & new from $265.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera for something between a DSLR and standard point and shoot., July 17, 2014
I LOVE this camera! I had the G7 and it was time to upgrade. I don't want the tiny point and shoot camera but I want something much more portable than my DSLR and this is it. I LOVE Canon and if you have a Canon DSLR, you will be comfortable navigating the controls and menus. The video it takes is fantastic and it is far better in low light than earlier versions. If you want the option of something to easily carry around but the flexibility of some of the DSLR functions, this is your camera. It isn't cheap but it is sturdy and my G7 is still producing great photos so the brand will last. The pictures are incredibly clear. You won't regret getting this camera.

Nickelodeon Teenage  Mutant Ninja Turtles Kids' TMN9034 Analog Display Analog Quartz Green Watch
Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Kids' TMN9034 Analog Display Analog Quartz Green Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking watch!, July 17, 2014
I love how it flashes all the colors but it still doesn't look extremely little kid focused. It is fun, easy to read and a very good gift for a turtles fan.

Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Saga
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy it is Finally on the Kindle Fire, November 8, 2013
This review is from: Candy Crush Saga (App)
I play it on my phone and computer and I am happy to see it on the Kindle Fire now. It works great and it is the genuine version.

Ninja Pulse Blender 650 Watts
Ninja Pulse Blender 650 Watts
Offered by Useful Universe
Price: $69.99
2 used & new from $55.53

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great smoothie/ice crushing blender, August 15, 2013
This review is from: Ninja Pulse Blender 650 Watts
This blender is fantastic to crush ice and make smoothies and frozen drinks. It is easy to use and fast. I love that the blades come out and it is so easy to clean. I got it to make yogurt smoothies in the mornings for breakfast and it does a fantastic job. I would definitely buy this product or any of their products in the the future.

Evolved Novelties All On Red, Red
Evolved Novelties All On Red, Red
Price: $49.16
11 used & new from $41.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, June 19, 2013
I love their Roulette series. The size is nice and it rumbles rather than buzzes like most vibrators. It is powerful and fairly quiet. I have two of their roulette toys and they are by far my favorites out of all my toys. I did want to mention that this series seems to be preferred by those who like penetration rather than just for external use. The rumble feel really makes it different than most other toys.

This particular toy isn't too wide and it is straight rather than curved like the Croupier which I also love. This one seems more powerful as well. I may actually prefer it to the Croupier because of the shape. If you really enjoy penetration, this may be the toy for you.

Comet's Tale: How the Dog I Rescued Saved My Life
Comet's Tale: How the Dog I Rescued Saved My Life
by Steven D. Wolf
107 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic story even for non-greyhound people, April 5, 2013
I am heavily involved in greyhound rescue and have two of my own. This was such an enjoyable book to read. While Comet was exceptional in so many ways, in so many ways she was pure greyhound. I could picture her facial expressions and her attitude througout the story and laughed often. While not every greyhound would be suitable for guide dogs, they do make good therapy dogs for working with kids or the elderly because of their gentle and calm nature.

I admit during the story I was having heart palpitations when she got away on various occasions but I am so glad there was never a bad incident. I think this story really captured the essence of greyhounds. They want to please. They want to be near their people but they don't need to be all over them. They are not very high energy and they adapt to home life very well. They are very easy dogs overall.

The biggest point the author mentioned during the story was Comet didn't allow her past to color her present. No matter how bad things were for her on the track, she was loving and gentle and forgiving. I know most animals live in the now but I have never known a breed to be so forgiving. Other breeds may become vicious but I have never seen past abuse turn a greyhound into a mean dog. If they are cared for and shown kindness, they blossom. Their past doesn't hold them back and that was such a great lesson shared in Comet's story.

I also liked that Comet chose who she wanted as her person. I have seen it happen countless times during adoptions. It is pretty amazing to see. The other fun part about greyhounds is the attention you and they receive when people see you out with them. People stare or stop just to come by and greet them because they have never seen one in person before. Greyhounds preen and love the attention. They are majestic and you can see why they were chosen by royalty.

Thank you for writing such a moving story about such a magnificant dog. You really captured the breed essence and I was pleased the story had a happy ending. I was prepared for the inevitable goodbyes but it was nice the story ended on a happy note.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3