Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th
Profile for Kelly Sottelbaum > Reviews

Browse

Kelly Sottelbaum's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1438

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kelly Sottelbaum RSS Feed (PacNW, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Scotts Turf Builder Grass Seed - Dense Shade Mix, 7-Pound (Not Sold in Louisiana)
Price: $35.47
14 used & new from $32.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Blue seeds - can't wait for carpet of green., April 30, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Holy blue seeds! The coating of these seeds...blue! Very blue. I hadn't expected that, but then again, I didn't really expect much other than a bag of grass seed. And that's pretty much what was received. Here in the PacNW, we get our shade in a variety of ways - the traditional, some building or other bush/tree is blocking the sun, or probably more often, a large gray cloud is blocking the sun. I planted this stuff where, on a clear day, it will probably get 3-5 hours of sunlight. The package says it should have a minimum of 3 hours, so I should be good there. However, given the review deadline for Vine reviews, I'll need to update this review once the grass is in and how stable it becomes over time - my expectation is that most of it sprouts and it becomes a small green carpet of grass that doesn't mind the shade - and makes it so the mostly dirt area it was planted in becomes less of an eye sore. If anything is outside those expectations, I'll update this review - good or bad.

Ortho MAX Poison Ivy And Tough Brush Killer 32 Oz
Ortho MAX Poison Ivy And Tough Brush Killer 32 Oz
Price: $17.52
21 used & new from $11.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Kills wild blackberries that grow everywhere in PacNW, April 28, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't normally use a lot of chemicals in on my property (and won't be in the future, either...) However, we've become overwhelmed with the amount of blackberry bushes crowding out other plants and invading everywhere, even at the foundation of our house. A day after spraying this stuff on them, they're wilted and don't look like they're going to be around much longer. Couple more days and they'll probably all be dead. So from the "it kills plants" aspect, it works great. But for that very reason, I plan to use it very seldom, and only in very targeted areas. The product itself works great so far, though!

PREMIUM Trunk Cargo Organizer, Multi Compartment Heavy Duty Construction for everyday use for Car, SUV, Truck, Minivan, Home. Multipurpose and Foldable for easy storage with LIFETIME WARRANTY
Offered by Best B
Price: $49.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but with some quirks, April 25, 2016
I received this trunk organizer free in exchange for an unbiased review.

I usually use a milk crate or one of those larger rubber storage totes to organize my trunk; they both have their issues. Mostly, it's one big section to put everything in - spare quart of oil, snow chains, water, jacket...whatever else goes back there. This organizer solves that one but still isn't the perfect solution. The ability to create my own size compartment is nice, but is limited - still, I like that part quite a bit.

The various small issues: the bottom has some knobby hard plastic pads to keep this in place. In my trunk, Velcro works better. Also, the dividers aren't completely waterproof - they have exposed paperboard. Lastly, this isn't really to be used for heavy items to keep them from sloshing around as you make hairpin corners at break-neck speeds (or even mostly normal driving.) The sides, while sturdy, if given a reasonable amount of momentum (car moving) and heavy enough object, feel willing to buckle and spill the contents.

As it is, I like this organizer despite its limitations. It's lightweight, and as long as its not overloaded, keeps things in their own places quite nicely. All in all, a good product.

Pillowtex ® Hotel Feather and Down Standard Size Pillow Set (Includes 2 Standard Size Pillows)
Offered by DealCat
Price: $39.99
4 used & new from $33.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Crinkly and flatten to nothing - OK for back sleepers, April 25, 2016
I received this pillows free in exchange for an unbiased review.

The good: they actually feel (to the hand) like hotel pillows - soft and easily squeezable. And you get 2 in the pack!

The bad: They're noisy when moved around - a lot of crackling and crinkling, like it's made of plastic. And while they are soft and squeezable to the hand, to the head they flatten easily providing almost zero cushioning.

The recommendation: these might work out for you if you're a back sleeper, otherwise, they're probably going to be too flat and not enough padding to give a comfortable night's sleep.

MeasuPro Pro Touch Digital Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor with Heart Rate Detector, Irregular Heartbeat Indicator, Alarm Clock and Memory Feature, Large Backlit LCD Display, CE, FDA Approved
Offered by EasyOrder
Price: $49.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks like a good unit...but mine was defected in a couple ways., April 25, 2016
I received this free in exchange for an unbiased review.

First, the good: the display is clear and easy to read (with an exception, see below.) The instructions make sense, and things generally just work well - my systolic reading and pulse seemed on target with other units I've used.

The weird: This is a blood pressure + alarm clock combo. So if you often forget to take your blood pressure when you should (is that even a thing?), then this is a great way to not forget!

The bad: The screen didn't work out of the box, and the unit itself had errors just as often as it didn't. I contacted the manufacturer with the same contact that offered a trial of the unit, but have not heard back. Because of the errors and the screen never worked right, I can't recommend this.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Ultra Portable Bluetooth 4.0 Speakers, Outdoor And Shower Wireless Speaker SBT007 With 10-Hour Playtime By Svinz, IPX5 Waterproof / Dustproof Rating ( Forest Green)
Offered by SVINZ
Price: $21.99
2 used & new from $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speaker - even better than much more expensive units!, April 25, 2016
I received this free in exchange for an unbiased review.

This speaker is more impressive than it looks - and for me, outperforms some other similar speakers. I recently received another speaker similar to this that costs nearly FIVE TIMES as much (NYNE EDGE Splashproof Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, but for me, this one is better - sound quality, size, and overall feel. This little guy sounds great (considering its size), has a reasonable range - others of this size are noticeably missing highs or lows, lasts a long time, pairs easily, and in general, is just a great little speaker.

For me, this is now my go-to portable speaker. While not as big as others I have, the range of sound it offers beats the competition while still getting pretty loud. Overall, a good speaker for a great price. Recommended.

Double Wall Glasses 20 oz - Aesthetically Appealing with Brilliant Functionality, Great For Coffee, wine , beer, whiskey, Or Any Hot Or Cold Drinks
Offered by Kitchsmart
Price: $47.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cups but almost special-purpose for the price., April 21, 2016
I received these free in exchange for an unbiased review.

While these are great glasses, they are pretty pricey - depending on what you're after, there may be better deals to be had. The two biggest draws (and reason for price, most likely) are that they're doubled walled and made with borosilicate glass. For those not in the know, borosilicate resists thermal shock much better than other glass; thermal shock being fluctuating between temperatures quickly. That is, if you pull these out of a hot dishwasher and pour in some iced tea, you don't have to worry as much about the glass cracking (or shattering.) And the double-walled aspect means that hot or cold liquid inside, holding the cup isn't going to be terribly uncomfortable.

I like the cups a lot, but given the cost, they're sure to deter many people. They're pretty lightweight, have their own unique styling that I like, and for everyday cups of water and such, they perform just as well as any other cup. They just excel when dealing with hot or cold liquids. All in all, great cups!

Lecxci Men's Embossing Soft Cowhide Leather 1 1/4" Wide Waist Ratchet Dress Belt with Automatic Buckle, Packaged with Elegant Gift Box
Offered by CXCIUS
Price: $24.99
2 used & new from $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good belt, classier than I'm used to wearing, April 21, 2016
I received this belt free in exchange for an unbiased review.

This is a much classier belt than I'm used to. My go-to belt is a pretty specific/niche belt, the "original instructor belt" from "TheWilderness" site. My other belts are just standard leather with the little hook to go through a hole in the leather to hold things up. This belt doesn't have holes; the belt is fed through the buckle, where a zip-tie-like mechanism holds it; unlike a zip-tie, there's a small level to allow the belt to come back out. As it is, it looks great and seamless at the buckle because of it.

It is a large belt, so it's one-sized fits most; if you're much thinner like myself, you can cut it down to size and it still looks and works great. For me, this is more of a dress up (or at least business casual) style of belt - and if that's your purpose, for the current price (right around 25 bucks), you're certainly not going to find a better belt for much cheaper (if at all) in stores. Overall - good belt, recommended for dressier occasions.

Simply Simily Stainless Steel Water Bottle - Wide Mouth - BPA Free - Double Walled Vacuum Insulated, 40 Oz - Silver
Offered by 24HR
Price: $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for a great water bottle, April 21, 2016
I received this free in exchange for an unbiased review.

This is an excellent water bottle, especially considering the price - the more popular competitor charges much more for theirs and from what I can tell, they're equivalent. The girth of this bottle is great, and allows for ice cubes (even large ones) to be put in to keep the water cold - and with the ice, it'll stay icy cold until all the water is gone! Durable, big, and very well insulated, there's not much to not like. Luckily, it doesn't leak, 'cause there's little chance this is going to fit into a cars' cup holder... Excellent bottle for a great price!

Stubb's Original Bar-B-Q Sauce, 18 ounce (Pack of 4)
Stubb's Original Bar-B-Q Sauce, 18 ounce (Pack of 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, general purpose BBQ sauce, April 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While this is good BBQ sauce, it's not my personal favorite. However, the significant other has different tastes, and in that world, this is one of the favorites, so we'll split the difference. For me, the sauce has a traditional, sweet mass market appeal. I prefer a slight dribble on it with some smoked meats, and not liberally coated on grilled meats personally. While it's better than its cheaper (Kraft) counterparts as such, I prefer a smokier flavor, or preferably, a spicier sauce; something with zing!

As it is, you can't really go wrong with this sauce, but you're probably not going to impress anyone, either. It's just a safe sauce that won't lead to any surprises or folks thinking that a single pepper seed makes the entire thing too hot or too...anything. For me - good, but not great. There's nothing particularly wrong with it (it has a pretty robust flavor), my taste buds prefer something a bit different, while I imagine for others, this is the ideal sauce.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20