Profile for P. Hamm > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 2041

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

P. Hamm "p-squared" RSS Feed (Maineville, OH)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Command Decor 03CBDE Damage-Free Wall Tiles with 2 Chalkboard and 1 Dry Erase, 3-Pack
Price: $64.83

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice Decorative Touches - Exhorbitant Price, April 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While not unattractive, the cheap plastic feel of this product makes me wonder how it will last. I certainly wouldn't want to drop it, not even one single time.

The photo-frame, dry erase, and chalkboard pieces are certainly practical, but the decor-only panels I received, while nice, are priced so amazingly high that I really wonder if your money isn't better spent elsewhere.

The "movable" feature of these is intriguing for those who like to change things up often without damaging their walls.

Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Specter Starter Set, White, One Size
Eagle Creek Travel Gear Pack-It Specter Starter Set, White, One Size
Price: $55.95
5 used & new from $52.03

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Product • Ridiculous Price, April 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These things work great. They make it easy to fit more clothes in a small space. There's no denying that. The quality of materials appears to be excellent. Small, lightweight and yet apparently super strong. So I give this product full marks for being able to do what it claims to do, and do it better than you can without.

But...

55 bucks for this?

The price is outrageous imho. So it gets dinged a couple stars for that. I just simply can not figure out how a price that high is justified.

Ammex GWON Gloveworks Orange Nitrile Glove, Latex Free, Disposable, Powder Free, X-Large (Box of 100)
Price: $13.30
6 used & new from $13.30

4.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Gloves for the Really Dirty Jobs., March 30, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love using rubber gloves for bike repair and other greasy projects where I don't want to spend the rest of my day cleaning up, but often they just aren't tough enough.

Problem solved.

About twice as rugged as regular disposable rubber gloves, and with some texture to hold things better, these gloves totally fill the bill for those "dirty jobs". The price seems reasonable, and they just work.

One thing: the gloves I got were XL, and they run a little big. Still no problem using them, but large would probably suit my hands just as well. In other words, they run just a little big.

perfect.

Science, Scripture, and Same-Sex Love
Science, Scripture, and Same-Sex Love
by Mike Regele
Price: $17.91
39 used & new from $12.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Addition to a VITALLY important conversation, March 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For some, this book will be too long, too detailed, and too much information. There are shorter works they might want to consider.

For some, there are no books, no matter how well written or well researched, that will change their mind on this subject. Sadly, these are the people that would be best served by this excellent book.

The conversation about LGBT inclusion in the church, their place in the Kingdom of God, their place in society, is changing, seismically and rapidly, more quickly than most will admit to themselves. And not all of those who are arguing that the Bible's admonitions against homosexual behavior have been misunderstood and misquoted and mistranslated and misinterpreted for centuries are the theologically progressive liberals that they have been.

This book is a vitally important read for those who care about including everybody in the kingdom of God, and even more important for those who couldn't care less (unfortunately, they won't likely read it). It is very complete, yet easy to follow, looks at the issue through every lens imaginable, and might be the most important book you read this year.

XCSOURCE® Pro All Metal Camera Tripod Ballhead with Quick Release Plate for Canon 5D mark II III 550d 50d 600d 1000d 1100d 650d 700d Nikon D7100 D7000 D5200 D5100 D3200 D3100 D3000 LF023
Offered by xcsource
Price: $35.99

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT for pro use, but if you're an amateur like me... total bargain., March 12, 2015
It's been said by a few people that if you're a pro, you need a ball head and it better be a really expensive one, because none of the cheaper ones will satisfy you.

After buying this ballhead for a tiny fraction of what a "real" head costs, I'm inclined to agree strongly. When you get this in place, it will "drift" a little as you tighten down, it's probably not built to take abuse, and it doesn't have NEAR the leveling features the big boys do.

So... why four stars?

Because all that said, I am a decided amateur, even though I'm serious about my photography. I put this head on a really old aluminum manfrotto/bogen tripod (probably 25 years old, maybe more). Not the latest carbon fiber (which I can't afford and don't really need), but really really solid. For 36 bucks, this has made my tripod about a million times easier to use for the few times I really need a tripod anyway, and I put a teeny tiny camera on it anyway (Olympus EM-5 and assorted small lenses).

It was easy to mount, is very solid feeling, easy to get the camera on and off, and is just overall a really great bargain. Will it last? I have no way to know, but I can't see why not.

It's more than enough for me.

Also, I did not need any inserts to mount this. I hear you need it on some 'pods, but not on mine.

Lastly, if I was using this for a full-size DSLR, I would probably give it more like 3 stars. It doesn't feel like it would be good enough for that, but for any smaller DSLR with a regular consumer-ish lens, or small lens, like a Rebel or a Nikon D3x00 or D5x00 or any of the mirrorless stuff, it's really just fine.

Me and We: God's New Social Gospel
Me and We: God's New Social Gospel
by Leonard Sweet
Price: $15.15
52 used & new from $9.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough, but important, read., March 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Yes, it's the kind of book that you will have to go back and read that paragraph again... and again... sometimes.

Yes, it's not a self-help book, but a book about how in community we can bring God's restorative justice to a hurting and broken world, and without that community, maybe we actually can't.

In a day when so much preaching and teaching and writing and speaking are about individual achievement, it's good to be reminded that we can bring righteousness and justice to the world, but we can only do it together. "me" can't do it, "me" is part of the "we".

Great companion book to another recent favorite of mine, Glen Stassen's "Living the Sermon on the Mount: A Practical Hope for Grace and Deliverance"

MONO M80-SEG-BLK Electric Guitar Sleeve Case, Black
MONO M80-SEG-BLK Electric Guitar Sleeve Case, Black
Price: $149.99
9 used & new from $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for carrying around town. Don't fly with it unless you're carrying it every step of the way., March 10, 2015
Mono's bags are simply the best that I have owned or used, and they better be, for the price. The M80 I use for my "main axe" could probably withstand a 2 or 3 story drop and still protect the instrument (not that I'm testing it anytime soon).

This is a much less robust case, and it's smaller (so that one of my electric guitars will not fit in it) but also much much less expensive. The flap is a little annoying and seemingly unnecessary, as you there is still a zipper for the single storage compartment. It won't hold much, only the strap and extra strings and picks and such (don't try to put an Ipad or laptop in there).

The extra piece of foam inside that holds the neck in position is great and does the job very well. The shoulder straps are the same as on my M80.

But the case is much thinner and smaller. If you are just carrying a guitar around town, this is probably all you need. I would be careful flying with it, though. For that, you need a bit more, like the Vertigo or M80. Those cases are, to me, a bit expensive (although I own one, because sometimes if you travel you need the best), but this one is priced just right.

Renegade Gospel: The Rebel Jesus
Renegade Gospel: The Rebel Jesus
by Mike Slaughter
Price: $13.55
52 used & new from $8.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Jesus is not who you've been told he is., February 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
In a very short space, Mike Slaughter is going to try and convince you that the person you've been told (perhaps) that Jesus is never existed, but a revolutionary who loved recklessly and boldly, sacrificing everything he had for those he adored, indeed walked the Earth some 2000 years ago.

I would highly recommend that anybody who is fed up with the contemporary western Church's explanation of who Christ was pick up this book before giving up totally on the faith.

And if you're one of those for whom Jesus was a good solid American who would have fought for his country in Viet Nam... you need it even more.

Fotasy MH46C Metal Screw-In Lens Hood and Cap for Panasonic Lumix 14mm f2.5 20mm f/1.7 Lens
Offered by RainbowImaging
Price: $7.49
3 used & new from $2.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well made for a terriffic price., January 26, 2015
Quite frankly, it's a bargain for what you get. I am using it with the 20mm f1.7 (the original one, not the II) and it fits perfectly. Take the original lens cap off and store it away. Then put this cap on and use the cap on the end of the lens hood.

One downside is that it takes away the extreme pancake nature of the lens, but it still fits into a real small space.

Also, it is not reversible for storage. I have to ding it one star for that, but still couldn't recommend it more highly.

RainbowImaging LH-40 Lens Hood for Olympus M.Zuiko 14-42mm F3.5-6.6 II
RainbowImaging LH-40 Lens Hood for Olympus M.Zuiko 14-42mm F3.5-6.6 II
Price: $13.29
3 used & new from $13.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than most cheap lens hoods, January 26, 2015
Unlike the other hood I got at the same time from these folks, this one goes on and comes off easily, with tight tolerances, and you can even put the lens cap on or off with the hood in place.

Most of these cheap hoods are a pain in the neck to get in place (even though, imho, Olympus SHOULD provide a lens hood with every one of their lenses, and not as a hysterically overpriced afterthought). This one, really isn't so bad.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20