Profile for Yazzle > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Yazzle RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Health Gurus Professional Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor with Easy-to-Read Backlit LCD, One-Size-Fits-All Cuff and Nylon Storage Case by Greater Goods
Offered by Greater Goods.
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good blood pressure monitor, December 21, 2014
Good product. Does what it is supposed to do. Simple to use and easy to set up with multi-user memory feature. Comes in a handy carry bag. Uses 4 batteries. The results from this device are comparable to the numbers from Dr visits, so accuracy appears good too.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, shiny, solid looking piece, July 23, 2012
Purchased the necklace as a gift. Received it very quickly. The necklace is good quality, very solid, and it is very shiny. It's really very pretty and shinier than the picture suggests. The necklace is very nice looking and I'm happy with the purchase. I do feel the chain is a little short. It says the length of the chain is 24", but I'm not so sure it is. That's not really a big deal to me though. It's well crafted, gorgeous, and spins wonderfully with a small working sand hourglass. Size is good for an adult but on small children it can be quite large. (I measured the diameter at about 2.5", smaller than the description but still quite large IMHO) Overall, I believe that any Hermione lovers out there will be quite pleased.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2012 12:08 PM PDT

Spanish in Three Months (Hugo)
Spanish in Three Months (Hugo)
by Isabel Cisneros
39 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Randon and comprenshive, but not in a good way., April 21, 2012
I spent quite some time trying to find and learn Spanish. I tried 3 different programs, this being the first one because a friend had given it to me.

I though this book and accompanying CD's were junk. The book has no organization to it. They just through words at you and sentences with new words that you are supposed to pick up. It's essentially the same as picking up a spanish dictionary and diving in. I appreciated it was broken down into weekly lessons, but again, just random word groups, no organization. The audio tapes just recite what is in the book, nothing more.

To be honest, this book was so frustrating I quit trying to learn. (That's why I give it a one star).

Two years later, I bought Michel Thomas Method, and I finally learned how to make proper spanish sentences, not by memorization, but by understanding. Michel Thomas Method was absolutely excellent. It teaches you sentence structure and how to conjugate verbs (not by memorization). After that, I ended up buying Pimsleur to increase my vocabulary. Those two programs together helped me be comfortable and relatively fluent in Spanish.

This book may be ok for a classroom, but for real life, it's terrible. Also annoying to me, the main woman's voice on the tape is horrible. The guy is very good and clear, but the lady over-enunciates everything and ruins the sound of the language.

Last note: This book is for Spanish as it's spoken in Spain, but I really wanted to learn Latin American Spanish. Not the book's fault, but just beware.

Harry Potter Hard Cover Boxed Set: Books #1-7
Harry Potter Hard Cover Boxed Set: Books #1-7
by J. K. Rowling
89 used & new from $44.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it, December 11, 2011
The books themselves are beautiful. I love the covert art and the book look and feel.
Very happy with the quality here.

I also like the Hogwart's chest as a container. I agree with all the other reviewers, the
chest is slightly stronger than cardboard and the latch is flimsy, but it does look nice.
I probably wouldn't recommend for kids, as they'll tear it apart in no time, but as a container
to store the collector set, very nice.

Overall, a 4/5 stars. One point removed for the misleading cardboard like chest but overall, I would
buy this set again in a heartbeat, regardless of the chest.

PS. I would have recommended they made a slightly stronger chest and included a wizard's wand for fun.
I would have paid quite a bit more for the addition of these 2 features, just for fun.

My Fitness Coach - Nintendo Wii
My Fitness Coach - Nintendo Wii
Offered by Budget Video Games Inc.
Price: $24.89
57 used & new from $6.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Good exercise program, August 9, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is a good, modifiable exercise program for the Wii. Just to be clear, there are no mini games, trophies, etc.. You enter your vitals
and select what type of workout you want to do (they can recommend one to you as well). There are weekly? check-in tests, but you can skip
these.

Pros:
- No pauses!!! (well, it does ask you every one in a while how you're doing, but it's not a long video or cartoon talking to you like in other games)
Just a straight workout. I like that. I don't want to cool down between workouts!
- Many types of exercises, keeps it fresh.
- Different types of programs for working out different areas.
- Overall, it does give a good, simple workout. You will sweat, for sure. Not nearly as difficult as a real gym experience, but it's
still a very good workout.
- Most important, the group workout. If you have the room, others can join.

Cons:
- Does not use the Wii motes so no motion detect. You just do what the coach on the screen is doing. From a workout perspective,
I like this, but there is no form checking. (Most games don't check the form properly anyway, so this is a don't care)
- In general, not for kids. They will get bored quickly. There is nothing fancy in the game, and the visuals are nothing special. No mini
games or trophies, etc..

I recommend this game to anyone looking to expand your Wii exercise library. It's not going to WOW you at all, but it is a good, solid
workout program.

Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker, Black/Brushed Metal
Price: $89.95
80 used & new from $46.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, August 9, 2011
Easy to use and clean. Still no problems after 6+ months of use. Makes a good cup of coffee.
Has nice extra's like temp checker, 24 hr timer, keeping warm/reheating as well as up to 12 cups of coffee.
Has a knob to switch between 1-4 cups or 5-12 cups.

ViewSonic VX2439WM 24-Inch Wide Full HD Monitor features HDMI Input and SRS Premium Sound

4.0 out of 5 stars Still working fine, August 9, 2011
6+ months of use so far and the monitor is still working great. No dead pixels and quality is good.
I've never had an issue with this monitor. It does take a bit to start up, compared to other brands,
but that's not really a big deal. I would buy this monitor again.

Polar FT7 Men's Heart Rate Monitor (Black / Silver)
Polar FT7 Men's Heart Rate Monitor (Black / Silver)
Price: Click here to see our price
76 used & new from $49.06

2.0 out of 5 stars When it works, it's OK, August 9, 2011
I recently "upgraded" from a Polar F4 to the FT7. The main reason for the upgrade is the ability to replace the battery yourself rather than being forced to mail it somewhere and pay large fees just to change a battery.

I am extremely disappointed with this watch and would not recommend it to anyone. I have one minor grievance and three major ones.

- The display does not have an option to show the heart rate and calories burned at the same time. You have to click through the displays
to display each one separately. This is minor, but I constantly check my heart rate to ensure I'm in the proper zone, but seeing the calories burned
is very motivational to me. The F4 had this option, why was it removed?

- I rarely had trouble getting the F4 to start up but the FT7 is a nightmare to get it to recognize your heart rate. I follow the startup instructions
but the monitor will not detect my heart rate until it's high enough. (90's).

- It sometimes shuts off during the workout. I don't know why and it's random. I work out every day and it happens at least 2-3 times per week.

- Although I like the versatility (and battery) of the new transmitters, it sometimes pops a little but off the chest strap causing the monitor
to fail. (not the same issue as described above) I hope future designs prevent his from occurring. I want to worry about doing the workout properly
and having the proper form, not worry about the heart rate monitor.

Summary: This HRM is such a bother to get it started and keep it running, that I often just skip putting it on so I can focus on the workout.
I never had this problem with the Polar F4. I still think Polar is a good brand, but they dropped the ball with the FT7.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2013 6:33 AM PDT

ExerBeat - Nintendo Wii
ExerBeat - Nintendo Wii
Offered by gamedynasty
Price: $199.99
6 used & new from $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great program, both for fun and exercising, August 6, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game has replaced two other Wii exercise programs for me, Gold's Gym Cardio workout and Dance workout.
Why? Because this game includes both features and it does them better with additional variety and more options.
The sections are broken down into:
- Aerobics, Hip Hop, and Latin Dance (Salsa, meringue, etc..)
- Boxercising, Karate, and Karate forms
- Yoga, Pilates, and Stretching.
- A few (so-so) mini-games.

The individual exercises range from under 1 minute up to an hour. You can create your own routine or let
the program choose one for you based on: problem area (waist, upper body, lower body), type of routines (aerobics, hip hop, etc..),
or type of workout (stress relief, weight loss, fitness, etc..)

It also comes with "around the world". You get "miles" based on your performance, workout time, etc.. This allows you
to walk along a preset path throughout the world visiting locations and sites that the program points out. It's OK but
gets boring quick.

Pros:
- Ton of variety. Plenty of everything for the whole family.
- Plenty of different things to do.
- Menu's, graphics, gameplay, sensitivity of movements, all well done.
- Allows the user to create and save workout routines!
- Workout routine time is selectable. You can select between 10-60 minutes I believe.

Cons:
- The mini games (only 5) aren't very fun (minor)
- Going back to the world map after each set of exercises or if you're doing individual, after each exercise.
Wastes too much time.
- The amount of talking in between exercises is too much. I should be able to click my way to the next screen.
You can select skip to end, but then I don't think you receive credit.

Overall, this is a great game. It has essentially replaced multiple Wii exercise games in our library. While it's
definitely not high intensity, you get a good workout that is very fun. The wii balance board is used for some
of the latin dance (meringue) and yoga/pilates exercises.

Wii Sports Resort
Wii Sports Resort
Offered by Happy_Face :-)
Price: $99.99
46 used & new from $11.05

3.0 out of 5 stars Wii Resort and Motion control, May 29, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wii Sports Resort (Video Game)
We've had this game for almost a year now, and it very rarely ever gets used.
The mini-games inside are OK for a tech demo, but not fun to play over and over
again.

Also, not that great for parties or large groups because some of the moves require
a little experience and practice time, so picking it up for the first time some people
do not enjoy it and of course the people watching aren't having fun either.

The saving grace, hopefully, is the Wii motion plus which does help a lot over the standard
Wii mote. Unfortunately, very few games today make use of it.

I do enjoy the sword fighting in the game, even if it does get ridiculous at the harder levels.
The other surprise is the basketball, which is horrible at first, but then when you learn how to
play properly, it's a complete blast.

Page: 1 | 2