Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for justinh2626 > Reviews

Browse

justinh2626's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

justinh2626 RSS Feed

RCA LED46C55R120Q 46-Inch LED-Lit 1080p 120Hz HDTV (Black)
RCA LED46C55R120Q 46-Inch LED-Lit 1080p 120Hz HDTV (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good, solid TV at a fair price, December 11, 2012
I figured since I rely so heavily on user reviews when making my purchasing decisions on Amazon that I owed it to the community to post my experience with this product.
I ordered this TV on Thanksgiving night and had been doing quite a bit of research trying to find the best combination of quality and price. While there were other television options out there that were more flashy they also came with a much heftier price tag.
First off, the TV came with free shipping and had an estimated arrival date of 7-10 business days. Imagine my surprise then, that it arrived on the afternoon of the second business day.
Coming out of the box, the unit looked amazing. Sleek design; light-weight and easy to maneuver, this TV looked great. I had a few issues getting the base securely attached to the TV, but after switching to a longer screwdriver, found the process to be quite easy.
The set-up was easy and very straight forward. I hooked my Ps3 and laptop up to the HDMI ports and was watching Netflix and playing video games within 45 minutes of getting the package.
I find the picture quality to be top notch. The 120 hz frame rate makes for a clear, seamless image. I watched Prometheus and The Dark Knight on it within the first couple of nights and was in awe of the quality of the picture. The blacks looked amazing which is something that always bothered me about previous LCD sets I have had. Sometimes, when watching HBOGo, the frame rate can be a bit dizzying but I would blame that more on the fact that I am streaming it to the TV then the quality of the TV itself. With Netflix or Blu-Rays I have had ZERO negative experiences.
For $500.00 and free/fast shipping, I am incredibly happy with my purchase. I would have given the product 5 stars had it not been for the fact that there are only 2 HDMI ports on the set. It can be slightly annoying switching the cable to a third device but the typical person is only using 1 or 2 ports anyways so it is something that has no real bearing on my ability to enjoy this product. I would recommend this TV for living room, bedroom or "man-cave" use.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2015 7:03 PM PST