Profile for R Trace Sinclair > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R Trace Sinclair RSS Feed

Vampire of the Mists (Ravenloft, Book 1)
Vampire of the Mists (Ravenloft, Book 1)
by Christie Golden
139 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars He was more a creature of the light than the dark, July 24, 2000
After reading the two "I, Strahd" books I came to almost like Strahd and think he was a decent guy. But after reading this book, I relearned just how evil Strahd truly is.
From the beginning one would think that the book is about Jandar Sunstar's search for vengeance, and the plot may dictate this a lot, but in the end it is simply Jandar coming to realize his true enemy...I will stop there so I don't give it away.
Unlike the other Ravenloft novels I have read, this one leave the end open, so that you can come up with your own interpretation as to what really happened.
While I was reading the book I thought there was more character development (on Jandar Sunstar), but at the very end it turns out to be just the right amount.
The book starts off a little slow, and has some action towards the middle, but the plot does not really pick up until the last couple chapters.

I, Strahd: Memoirs of a Vampire (Ravenloft)
I, Strahd: Memoirs of a Vampire (Ravenloft)
by P. N. Elrod
71 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A pact with Death, July 19, 2000
When I was younger I had read some books that were based off of a game and was very disappointed in them, so I was very weary when I decided to start reading the Ravenloft set. I started out with this one because I had always had an interest in Strahd, and it was also recommended by some of my friends.
I had always had this image of Strahd being this evil vampire that had no care for anything, but yet had some tragedy in his past that haunted him. After reading this book, I am still convinced that Strahd is evil (no doubt about that). But I now understand what his motivation is, and what his tragedy is.
The plot started off a little slow, but was necessary for the development of the character (especially Strahd). But after he makes his pact with "Death" the plot picks up and is full of twist and turns.
It was able to catch my attention from the very beginning and I found it hard to put the book down when I got past the intro. Very well developed book.

I, Strahd: The War Against Azalin
I, Strahd: The War Against Azalin
by P. N. Elrod
25 used & new from $7.25

4.0 out of 5 stars A was unlike any you have ever known, July 19, 2000
When I started reading the book I had no idea as to what Azalin was. When Strahd found out it was almost as much of a surprise to me as it was to him. Both of the characters are well portrayed, and the plot is well developed. This makes an excellent sequel to "I Strahd: The Memories of a Vampire."
The first part of the book had a good plot that continually increased the tension, and even had me on the edge of my seat, even in the last couple of chapters the action was superb. But after finishing the novel I was a little disappointed, there had a been "A war unlike any you have ever known" promised (and I can imagine Strahd has seen some nasty wars), but it just turned out to be a kidnapping and an assignation on 6 people. It was a nice ending, but I was expecting a grand war to take place.
All in all, it was a really good book for the Strahd fans out there.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2008 9:30 AM PDT