Profile for 640k > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

640k RSS Feed

VicTsing Portable USB Bluetooth Audio Music Streaming Receiver Adapter with 3.5 mm Stereo Output White
Offered by VicDirect
Price: $9.39
2 used & new from $9.39

4.0 out of 5 stars VicTsing Portable USB Bluetooth Audio Music Streaming Receiver Adapter, March 24, 2014
I bought this little device with the intention of using it as a BT dongle in my car and boy was I surprised! I paired this up with a Scosche USBC202M Dual 10 Watt (2.1A) USB Car Charger and it works fantastic!

Pros:
Turns off with car
Continuous power
Auto-Pairs with up to two devices
Clean, crisp and RESPONSIVE audio

Cons:
Haven't figured out if it's possible to resume play upon connection
Volume needs slight amplification
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2014 7:10 PM PDT

Sterilite 01408501 2-Shelf Base Cabinet with Putty Handles, Platinum
Sterilite 01408501 2-Shelf Base Cabinet with Putty Handles, Platinum
Price: $48.99
21 used & new from $48.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to clean, easy to install, but with serious flaw., January 4, 2013
When we built our home in 2007, we realized very quickly that our garage was smaller than we needed. Our previous home had an oversized 2 car garage and things fit very well, without need for a great level of organization. When we built, I knew things needed to change.

I had spotted these cabinets at a Walmart and thought I would give them a try. Getting them home was a challenge as the box they come in is almost as large as the cabinet itself. Once I figured out what to do with them, I realized the organization potential!

I started with four base cabinets, two wall cabinets and two drawer cabinets. It was perfect for my needs. I was able to mount the base cabinets as a wall cabinet and the drawer cabinets acted as a good catch-all for loose parts, bolts, wires, etc. and power tools that otherwise wouldn't fit in the cabinets.

Fast forward after four years of use and we acquire a mini van. As we all know, mini vans aren't so "mini" and I had to sacrifice my design to include three more base cabinets and ditch the two wall cabinets.

Overall I'm very happy with the product. They hold lots of stuff, keep me organized and are incredibly easy to clean. However, my biggest disappointment with the products is that plastic cannot support its own weight. Therefore, any weight that is put on the shelves will eventually cause them to sag. I have rotated the shelves upside down, to combat this problem, but it's not a great solution.

If I purchase these again to fill up my new garage, I will be looking for a way to reinforce the shelves.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2014 10:33 AM PST

COD(TM) Screen Protector Film Clear (Invisible) for Google Nexus 7 Tablet (3-pack)
Offered by CrazyOnDigital Corp.
Price: $5.85
3 used & new from $0.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, typical issues with static adhesive., September 7, 2012
Considering my favorite screen protection supplier sells these for $20/ea (!!!), I decided to go the cheap(er) route. This produce seemed to garner decent reviews and the pictures were telling. Unfortunately, their QA process must allow for a higher percentage of spec errors because I haven't been fortunate enough to experience the same level of quality.

Like others, the install took me three tries (an entire box) to get "right". My first application seemed like a total success. I managed to avoid ALL dust particle and installation was perfectly aligned until I reached the bottom of the product. Even though I had perfectly aligned the camera/sensor cutout, they were cut about 1mm off center from the top, causing the bottom of the protector to contact the bezel. Once you have an edge touching the bezel, you'll never get it flat.

I moved on to a second attempt. By this time, the wife/2 year old were becoming impatient and I hastily ripped off the first protector and attempted to apply the second. I had a few specs of dust underneath, but hoped that I could squeeze out the air to hide them under the bezel. I was generally satisfied with the install and ripped off the #2 cover. I thought to myself, "wow, that looks pretty good! All of the bubbles even went away..." Then I realized that I ripped the entire cover off.

On to the third attempt. We were past dinner and I had a minute to try again. I get the protector as close to the top as possible and work it all the way down. This time I manage to capture way more bubbles and some of them are questionable if they will come out. Eventually I get them all out and remove the #2 cover. At last, I'm protected! I have one little, tiny bubble to contend with in the upper right corner, but I think I might have encouraged it to go away, so I'm happy overall.

The product itself feels like any other protector I've applied. It's generic with a slightly tacky feel. It's obviously not as smooth as glass and is glossy enough to ignore that a protector was applied.

There is, however, one interesting flaw. At least with my batch. There is a weird discoloration that is embedded within the film. I can't explain what it is, but it resembles an oily surface. It doesn't feel oily, but it looks very odd. Definitely not invisible.

See my pics in the customer shared images for more information.

Overall, you get what you paid for here. I like the fit, don't mind that it took some effort, and am OK that the camera hole is slightly off. That oily appearance though is questionable. I'm not sure what to make of it. I just might get another cheap-o brand to compare.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Poetic Slimline Portfolio Case for Google Nexus 7 Android Tablet by Asus Black(Automatically Wakes and Puts the Nexus 7 to Sleep)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)(Final Version: With Secure Magnetic Closure, Cover Able to Fully Fold Back without Activating Sleep Mode)
Offered by Smart Shop Online
Price: $9.95
7 used & new from $9.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Waiting for Third Revision, September 4, 2012
The case seems to be of decent quality, however many of the concerns others have posted seem to be true. While it is disappointing that the cover does not fold all of the way back, the vendor has promised to release a third version that addresses this issue.

I ordered two of these cases and both are the second revision. One case fits perfectly, but came with a small scratch on the lid. The other looks flawless, but doesn't align with the screen. After only one week of usage, the bindings on the edges have broken and are starting to peel. There are also areas where the exterior fabric/vinyl has started to fray.

If my issues are all from after one week of moderate usage, I hate to see what this thing looks like after a year.

Check the images above for examples of the issues I've found with my particular case.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2012 11:08 PM PDT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Solution for OEM Bars, September 27, 2011
This is a decent solution for OEM bars. The silver/black matches my OEM Subaru bars decently. I wasn't impressed with the quality of the plastic tray that the bike resides in, but i doubt it's a weak point as it probably doesn't receive much stress.

Other reviewers offered concern on the rack's ability to be secured, which I didn't fully understand until owning the rack. You can only lock the fork portion of the rack, as the "ratcheting" strap cannot be. It's a good idea to carry some washers around with you, so that you can lock the fork, when a bike is not attached.

I haven't been impressed with the "racheting" strap. It's difficult to get a good, tight fit on your wheel, although I question how tight you really need your wheel to be. Driving around at highway speeds with an expensive bike (or two) on your roof, would make anyone want to make sure it's as snug as possible.

Timex Ironman Men's Road Trainer Heart Rate Monitor Watch, Black/Orange, Full Size
Offered by shopemco
Price: $98.40
6 used & new from $80.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent HR Monitor (UPDATED), August 2, 2010
Great watch. Funtions take a little getting used to, but I've had no issues that would warrant a complaint. There are multiple displays for showing current HR (full display, partial display, etc.), as well as different ways to display HR (such as percentage vs. actual).

For a poly/plastic band, the watch is very comfortable and doesn't feel like it adheres to your skin and actually becomes more comfortable as you sweat.

The indiglo light really increases visibility and when you're in a dark room, like for Spinning, you don't have to let go of the handlebars to read the watch; just hit the button.

I was surprised that no mating was required between the watch and the monitor band, but they just work together, straight out of the box.

UPDATE (1/3/12): After over a year of ownership, I have run into many issues that have me questioning my purpose. First, this is a Timex watch, no question about it. The basic functionality of the watch is outstanding. Battery life seems on-par with older watches I've owned and I can always rely on Timex's accuracy.

As a HR watch, while it works, the results have been mostly accurate. Dial in your settings (height, target, etc) and it seems to work great. HOWEVER, I went through about 4 batteries after initially replacing the battery that came with the strap before Timex decided to send me a new strap. After that battery died, I had the same issues again. Whatever battery I seem to stick in the strap, dies quickly. I'm talking like 1 month or less. It sucks to have to keep replacing the battery, so I eventually gave up on the HR part.

Fast forward to about October 2011 and the strap broke! Not only is the strap NOT covered under warranty, but they've been on backorder for so long, I doubt I'm going to ever receive a replacement. I'm going to call Timex again to see if I'm even still in the system.

UPDATE #2 (1/3/12): I finally was able to call Timex and apparently all of these back ordered watch bands finally arrived and they began shipping them out again. I was told my order was shipped 12/28, so I'll be anxiously watching the mail for mine.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2013 5:38 AM PDT

Wii Energizer Flat Panel 4x Induction Charger
Wii Energizer Flat Panel 4x Induction Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool! Very easy to use!, January 4, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
You can't beat this charging system. Batteries don't last as long as my over-the-counter Duracell and Energizer systems, but they last long enough to play all day. Plus the ease of charging makes it a snap to swap the controllers out if you should need to swap.

You don't need to remove the rubber coating and the controllers fit on the pad with the straps and WiiMotion accessories without any problems.

This is a must have for WiiHeads.