Profile for Jennifer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 16

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jennifer RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Baby Jogger Summit X3 Single Stroller, Green (Older Version) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Better Babygear
Price: $429.00
5 used & new from $429.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Bob, February 27, 2014
I was completely set on getting a Bob jogging stroller. I'd read reviews and talked to a few people who had them and tried them out a bit at my local REI and baby stores. It just seemed the one to get. Then, at our baby store, I caught a glimpse of the Summit X3. We have the city mini from baby jogger and LOVE it, but it's not good for really getting out and exercising with the small tires. I got online and started reading about the Summit X3, and kept hearing amazing things about it. I decided to take the leap and ordered the 2013 model and wow, am I in love. This stroller in amazing! The lever to lock the front wheel is awesome, the suspension is superb, it's so easy to push, the seat lays almost fully back, so my 3 month old can come on long walks and sleep the entire time, and the full coverage canopy is huge, and high enough to fit my son for years (he's in the 90th percentile for height, and I've heard this is a big issue with Bob). I'm thrilled with my purchase.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2014 1:28 PM PDT

FertilAid for Women: Female Fertility Supplement
FertilAid for Women: Female Fertility Supplement
Offered by Pregnancy Store
Price: $29.95
12 used & new from $29.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Gave it a try and BAM!, April 30, 2013
I'm honestly not sure if it was the FertilAid or not, but after taking it for only 3 weeks, I'm now 7 weeks pregnant with my first child! I had been on the pill for so many years, and was irregular prior to being on it, I just figured I'd go on these for a while to see if I could regulate my hormones a bit. I had tried to get pregnant about 7 years ago in a previous relationship, with no luck and no regular ovulation or periods for 18 months. I was prepared for this time around to be a battle as well and was completely shocked when I got 3 positive tests when my 2nd no pill period was a few weeks late. I can't say for sure if it was the FertilAid, but it certainly didn't hurt matters at all!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2013 11:32 AM PDT

The Music Is You: A Tribute to John Denver
The Music Is You: A Tribute to John Denver
Price: $10.00
48 used & new from $4.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Great job by so many artists. A touching tribute, April 2, 2013
I've loved John Denver's music since I was a child. It never fails to put a smile on my face. This tribute has the exact same effect. It's wonderful to hear so many talented artists give their take on so many favorites. I think John would be so pleased with how this turned out. Some make the songs their own, others do a nice replica of the originals, both are superb. Highly recommended to fans of John Denver who also love the current folky/bluegrass music scene.

Arriva Leo V2 Bluetooth Sweat-Resistant Sport Earphones with Microphone (Teal)
Arriva Leo V2 Bluetooth Sweat-Resistant Sport Earphones with Microphone (Teal)

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, January 29, 2013
I did a lot of research before purchasing my first set of bluetooth headphones for running. In the past I've used a water/sweatproof headphone with a wire, and have loved them, but I recently purchased a treadmill for winter running at home and got tired of dealing with the wires. I considered a few brands, and almost purchased another until I went on the runnersworld forums. I figured this is where runner who really use this stuff talk, and they recommended the Arriva Leo. I took a chance, and I'm completely happy. These are super light weight, sound incredible, and connected to both my iPhone for podcasts and books and my iPad when I feel like watching a movie on my run. They are a bit tricky to get a correct fit, but they work like a charm once you, and they're so light weight, even though they aren't 100% snug on my head, they stay put. Love these, they've been for a week's worth of running already and I couldn't be happier.

ASICS Women's Gel-Neo33 Running Shoe,Electric Purple/White/Hot Pink,10.5 M US
ASICS Women's Gel-Neo33 Running Shoe,Electric Purple/White/Hot Pink,10.5 M US
Offered by Bauman's Running & Walking Shop
Price: $99.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed., April 13, 2012
I've been running in Asics for 15 years, and have been extremely loyal to the 1100's and then the 2100's. I always needed the stabilization of those lines and found that anytime I strayed I found myself injured. In the past few years, I'll admit, I was getting jealous of some of the cute new running shoes I was seeing at the gym and on the roads. Things with funky bright colors and streamlined designs. I was starting to feel dated in my old classic blue and white 2100's, but was afraid to stray from my old true shoes. I took a chance on these after reading an ad for them claiming these had the same DuoMax stability and yet were good and cushioned, and CUTE! They arrived quickly (thanks Amazon!) and I couldn't wait to try them on.

I walked around the house, then took them for a short walk to get a feel for them. Things felt great, so this morning I challenged them on my regular 5 mile route. WOW - these are so great. I felt like I was running on clouds, clouds that wanted to go fast! I found that my knee felt better, my hamstrings weren't strained, and a lot of the minor aches and pains I've been feeling lately were gone. I couldn't be happier, and my feet and legs feel terrific. I'm looking forward to running with these gals for a while, they feel solidly built and dang, they are adorable (yet still sorta fierce).

Tweezerman  Slant Tweezer, Green Apple
Tweezerman Slant Tweezer, Green Apple
Offered by AGiftForMe
Price: $17.49
18 used & new from $16.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Take that eyebrows!, November 29, 2011
I really didn't think that there could be that much difference in tweezers, and honestly I bought these because of the color, and felt a little silly spending more just because they matched my bath towels. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I not only had an adorable pair of green tweezers, but that they worked better than anything I've ever used. They are fantastic! They grab little skinny hairs so much better, and pull them out, root and all, every time on the first try! You can even grab a bunch of those fine little hairs at once. I almost plucked out all my eyebrows the afternoon they came, I was so delighted. Well worth the money Tweezerman. My now super thin eyebrows thank you.

Sennheiser CX300-B In-Ear Stereo Headphone (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Sennheiser CX300-B In-Ear Stereo Headphone (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected., July 21, 2011
This is my 3rd pair of headphones from Sennheiser. The other 2 have been perfect. The sound quality is fantastic and they have held up wonderfully. One pair is a "waterproof" running set, that I run with 4 times a week and always rinse off after I'm finished, and I haven't had a single issue with them. These on the other hand have developed static after just 5 uses. I'm so disappointed. I haven't heard a single ounce of static from my other headphones, but these have started to crackle badly if the volume is anything above the minimum. It sounds like a blown speaker. I'm worried I received a knock off brand set or something, as Sennheiser product should never act like these have.

Lily of France Women's Gel Touch Strapless Push Up Bra 2111121
Lily of France Women's Gel Touch Strapless Push Up Bra 2111121
Price: $24.00 - $36.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Stays up!, July 14, 2011
I haven't had much luck with strapless bras before. I spent way too much money on one at Victoria's secret that does anything but stay put. For about a third of the price, I found this one and love it! For me it stays up great, I bought it in both black and nude and wear them pretty much every single day. They give me just enough push up and padding and are very comfortable, I am a B cup, so bigger chested women may have a different experience. Sometimes after a really long day, they'll start to feel a little tight around my ribs, but what bra doesn't? Overall I am extremely pleased with these bras, and will probably buy another in white, just to round out the collection.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2011 2:57 PM PDT

Yoga Shakti
Yoga Shakti
DVD ~ Shiva Rea
Price: $19.73
22 used & new from $10.13

1.0 out of 5 stars Only for the very advanced., May 23, 2011
This review is from: Yoga Shakti (DVD)
I've given this DVD a few tries, but every time I did it, it left me feeling frustrated and I like I didn't get a workout because a lot of her moves are so advanced I can't even begin to get into them. Her modified versions aren't even easy, and I've been practicing yoga for years and feel that I'm at a good intermediate level. The last time I did this, I pulled my hamstring badly, just trying to get into a modified "beginner" version of one of her poses. I didn't feel like she did anything to make sure my body was safe or that she was concerned about injuries. The DVD left me feeling like I had just watched her show off for 90 minutes, only making me feel less flexible, injured and frustrated. I've heard so many things about Shiva Rae, yes, she is talented, but as an instructor she's terrible. Definitely not a place for beginners or people with realistic flexibility.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 8, 2014 12:27 PM PST

Lowepro Terraclime 50 Recycled Camera Bag (Plum)
Lowepro Terraclime 50 Recycled Camera Bag (Plum)
2 used & new from $20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect for micro 4/3's., March 29, 2011
I bought this as a case for my E-PL1. It fits the camera perfectly with the lumix 20mm lens, and it works well with the 14-45mm zoom lens, but it's a little more snug. I love the look of this case too, it doesn't look like a camera case, which is perfect, because I hate advertising that I'm carrying an expensive camera. It looks just like a cute small purse.

My only complaints are that the straps for the closure aren't adjustable at all, which would really make this much more versatile, and that there is no open pocket on the outside of the bag. I'd love to be able to have a nice pocket on the outside to store keys, cellphone or a few dollars and use this as a purse and a camera bag in one. I might just undo some of the stitching on the 3 small pockets inside to make that happen. It could be a little more padded, but that would probably make it more big and bulky.

Page: 1 | 2