Profile for LDH > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

LDH RSS Feed

Bearded Lady (Kindle Single)
Bearded Lady (Kindle Single)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply put - Brilliant., March 9, 2012
Mara Altman's latest is probably the funniest thing I've read since...Sparkle. I literally laughed out loud alone in my apartment from start to finish. This is exactly what every woman wishes she could say but is entirely too terrified to do it. She's even more honest in her writing than I am in my own head. She dares to do what none of us will and it's bold, to say the least. If you're a woman, if you have hair, if you're just looking to laugh yourself to sleep, please don't miss out on this. It's brilliant.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2013 11:09 AM PST

Sparkle (Kindle Single)
Sparkle (Kindle Single)
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved every moment of it!, March 22, 2011
I just finished reading Sparkle and I loved every word of it. I was grinning like an idiot from ear to ear while reading it and thinking to myself, wow, this captures every single emotion I had during my own engagement. I learned quite a bit about the diamond industry and how horrifying it truly is, while also being invited into the home and life of Mara and her hilarious and incredibly relatable, relationship. It's quirky, it's weird, it's laugh out loud funny. It's for every modern woman struggling with her own identity through the process of engagement and planning a wedding. I would love to see this turned into a kindle series about the other stages of planning. Not to mention it's a bargain! Don't think twice, I promise you will be highly entertained.