Profile for Bill Ng > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bill Ng RSS Feed (Hartsdale, NY)

Philips DC291/37 30-Pin iPod/iPhone/iPad Alarm Clock Speaker Dock
Philips DC291/37 30-Pin iPod/iPhone/iPad Alarm Clock Speaker Dock
Offered by Audio Plaza
Price: $67.00
23 used & new from $45.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Great while it worked, February 10, 2013
Sounds was decent, unit looked great ... but it lasted about 1 year. Bought it for my wife for her birthday last year (early Jan) and it just went kaput for no apparent reason yesterday. Wasn't charging/doing anything at the time. It was working when we woke up, it wasn't working a few hours later.

Perl Pocket Reference, 4th Edition
Perl Pocket Reference, 4th Edition
by Johan Vromans
111 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Out of 5 Perl books, my most-used reference, September 15, 2008
Out of my fairly extensive Perl library, this is the book that sits next to my keyboard - the one that I keep "at-hand". Simple, concise, easy to find the data you are looking for .... it just "works" as a reference book.

No, you're not going to find the syntax for building and manipulating a hash of hashes, but you've got the full list of special variables, a good list of common functions, and great starting points for things like Network programming, Win32 programming, regular expressions, and more.

Definitely worth the price of entry if you are a beginner to moderate Perl programmer who doesn't code every day and frequently needs a reference.

Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers
Logitech S120 2.0 Multimedia Speakers
Price: $8.49
112 used & new from $6.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, September 15, 2008
I wanted cheap speakers for my desk at work, I was never going to set the sound very high. For the money I paid, I expected some cheap plastic things that would fall over if I looked at them wrong and a volume knob that would fall off if it got the feeling I was thinking about turning it. Boy was I surprised when I opened these today.

Heavy enough to feel planted, solidly built, plenty of cord length (both power and pc connection), 3 rubber feet per speaker, and in my opinion, they look better than they do in photos. Sound quality is decent as well (it should be noted that, as I mentioned earlier, I'm at work and have not turned them up loud).

I think these are WELL worth the money.