Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Eric K. > Reviews

Browse

Eric K.'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eric K. RSS Feed (Ohio)

Page: 1 | 2
Allen Sports Deluxe 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack
Allen Sports Deluxe 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack
Price: $41.07
29 used & new from $32.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality is oozing from this bike carrier, June 23, 2010
After researching several trunk-mounted bike carriers, I settled on this one based on the reviews and it's reasonable price ($40 at Walmart). It certainly has not disappointed.

I own a 2008 Honda Accord and this product fits perfectly. If you're unsure of whether or not this model will fit your vehicle, there is a comprehensive breakdown on the back of the box that will show you which vehicles it will fit. I use this carrier to transport a Schwinn road bike that weighs approximately 30 pounds and I couldn't ask for a better product. The quality of this carrier is top-notch and it takes maybe 2 minutes to mount.

Positives:

Quality Construction - I can't stress this aspect enough. Every piece of this bike rack is top-notch.
Easy to mount - Even the first time was simple and took less than 3 minutes.
Stability - I've driven 75 mph with my bike mounted and have had complete confidence in the stability of this rack. Even on a bumpy road I have no worries.
Value - For only $40, you'll be hard-pressed to find a better deal.

Negative:

This is true of most any bike carrier, but it could be easily stolen. Whenever I'm riding, I simply put inside my trunk. Not a big deal as it only takes a few minutes to re-mount.

Tips:

*As several people have mentioned, this bike rack will not fit all bikes. This is common of most bike carriers. If your bike does not have a horizontal bar on the frame, you will need an adapter to mount your bike.

*If you're mounting two bikes, be sure to make the dual straps on the trunk of your car as long as possible. This will help keep your bikes from bumping into the back of your vehicle.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2013 9:47 PM PDT

Schwinn Adult Comfort Gel Bicycle Saddle
Schwinn Adult Comfort Gel Bicycle Saddle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great improvement on standard road bike seat, June 23, 2010
I purchased this seat as an upgrade to the standard seat that came with my Schwinn road bike. For the price, it is definitely well worth it, especially if you ride longer distances. The standard seat provided little comfort, and while there are wider and more cushy seats on the market, this is the most comfortable road bike seat I have used.

If you're not used to using a narrow seat like this, it probably will not be comfortable for you. If you are used to this seat design, it's one of the most comfortable you can find for such a great price.

Satechi iPod Touch G1,G2,G3,G4, iPod Classic, iPod Nano G3, G4, G5 FM transmitter with LCD Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Best FM transmitter on the market, July 8, 2009
I have used several FM transmitters over the years and this Satechi product is leaps and bounds ahead of any other one I've used. I paid anywhere from $20-$80 on my previous transmitters, and this $30 one outperforms even the more expensive transmitters I've owned.

I use this transmitter on my 2nd generation 32GB iPod touch and have not seen any of the warnings that some of the other ratings mention. I have yet to see any type of warning say that this product is not compatible with my iPod.

The three biggest reasons I love this product:

1. No cables are needed unless you need to charge your iPod. The transmitter is powered by your iPod, so you don't have any extra cables running around your vehicle. I cannot stress how great this is. All of my previous transmitters have used long cables that can really create a mess in your vehicle. However, if you do need to charge your iPod, you can do so with the included adapter, all while still using the FM transmitter.

2. By far the best sound quality of any transmitter I've used. I have been extremely disappointed with the previous transmitters I've owned. The sound quality they have produced (especially in the lower tones) has been sub-par at the best. This Satechi transmitter does a great job of keeping great sound quality at all levels.

3. Simple and easy to use. You literally just have to plug this thing in and tune your car radio, no unnecessary functions to complicate things.

If you are debating on which FM transmitter to purchase, this product should end your debate. There is not a better transmitter on the market. Don't let the price or name fool you, this product will easily outperform transmitters that cost 2x - 3x as much. While Satechi may not be the most recognized name on the market, they have hit a grand slam with this product.

****UPDATE****

6 months later and I can still say that this is the best FM transmitter on the market. The ease of use and the fact that you have no cable to mess with really sets this product apart from others.

Apple iPod touch 32 GB (2nd Generation)  (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Apple iPod touch 32 GB (2nd Generation) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
35 used & new from $44.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful product, July 5, 2009
I will admit that I had purposefully stayed away from Apple products for many years. I have always felt they were over-priced and did not provide enough value. However, this viewpoint changed when a friend of mine let me play around on his iPod touch. In the past I have owned several Creative Zen MP3 players, and felt they were quality products. Before the release of the iPod touch, I felt that the Creative players easily provided more value than the original iPods. However, the internet capabilities of the iPod touch have moved the iPod into another realm. Calling the iPod touch an MP3 is quite unfair as the music capability of this iPod is just the beginning. Having full internet access (providing you're within a WIFI zone) transforms this MP3 player into a small laptop. It really handles everything, from checking email to finding nearby gas stations. The app store is far superior to any other competitor on the market as the Apple phrase "there's an app for that" really does apply in almost every situation. Coming from someone who has been strongly against Apple in the past, I can assure you that you will not be disappointed with the vast capabilities of the iPod touch.

****UPDATE****

Have been using this iPod Touch for several months now and am still amazed. It is truly incredible how much one small device can do.

Tickets & Passports
Tickets & Passports
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, April 18, 2009
This review is from: Tickets & Passports (MP3 Music)
I first saw Holiday Parade during a performance at the University of Dayton and was instantly attracted to their music. I had been awaiting this album for several months and it has not disappointed. From beginning to end, Holiday Parade has produced a quality album that should help them gain a greater presence in the music industry.

Canon Battery Pack NB-5L
Canon Battery Pack NB-5L
Price: $40.01
20 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery pack, April 18, 2009
I purchased this battery as a backup to the one that came with my camera and have had zero problems with it. I have taken 90 minutes of video on a single charge so the battery life is excellent. I would recommend a backup battery for any digital camera you purchase. It's always nice to have a backup because you never know when your current battery will die.

Last Embrace - Deluxe Edition
Last Embrace - Deluxe Edition
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, April 18, 2009
Northern Room has a beautiful sound and it's a downright shame that they had to disband. This album is one that you can listen to from beginning to end and never be disappointed. They will certainly be missed.

Iomega Prestige 500 GB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive 34270
Iomega Prestige 500 GB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive 34270
4 used & new from $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great external hard drive, April 18, 2009
I had purchased an 80GB external several years ago and needed to upgrade to something larger to accommodate the large number of photos and videos that I take. This 500GB hard drive from iomega is perfect for my needs. It is a plug-and-play type device that requires no software, so setup is a breeze. It took my only 3 or 4 minutes from the time I opened the box to the time I was using it.

BlueProton SDXC USB 2.0 6-in-1 Single Slot Memory Card Reader Writer for SD MiniSD MMC rsMMC (BLACK)
Offered by BlueProton
Price: $5.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Fancy, April 18, 2009
This handy card reader is certainly not anything fancy, but it will get the job done. I've had no problem with it reading these 3 memory cards: SD 2GB, SDHC 4GB, SDHC 8GB micro (with adapter).

I would definitely recommend this product if you're looking for a quick and easy card reader. It's simple to use (no software included) and doesn't come with any unnecessary extras.

The Complete Jamie Kennedy Experiment (3 Season Pack)
The Complete Jamie Kennedy Experiment (3 Season Pack)
DVD ~ Jamie Kennedy
Offered by Two Thumbs Up
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $17.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious show that should have never been taken off the air, February 24, 2009
This is, without a doubt, one of the best hidden camera shows ever created. It's a shame that it only lasted 3 seasons on TV. Jamie Kennedy is incredible at disguising himself as a wide variety of characters. Whether it's a fake judge, a female talk show host, or a white rapper from Malibu, his characters each prove to be hilarious.

Page: 1 | 2