Profile for S. Yasaki > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

S. Yasaki "spy" RSS Feed (cleveland, oh)

Tasting Beer: An Insider's Guide to the World's Greatest Drink
Tasting Beer: An Insider's Guide to the World's Greatest Drink
by Randy Mosher
Price: $9.60
100 used & new from $6.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Covers Everything, June 17, 2011
I consider myself to be quite knowledgeable about beer but I learned a ton from this book. It's well written and covers all aspects of beer. I found the historical reasons for how different beer styles were created to be fascinating. It's crazy that certain styles are the way they are just because the local governments taxed either the amount of alcohol or the size of the brew kettle.

I've since purchased this book as a gift for a family member. It's perfect for someone who is interested in learning more about beer.

Solid five stars.

Lexar JumpDrive FireFly 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive LJDFF16GASBNA (Red)
Lexar JumpDrive FireFly 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive LJDFF16GASBNA (Red)

3.0 out of 5 stars This drive is very slow., December 14, 2010
This drive is much slower than my other flash drives. Around 5-8 MBs. It takes over fifteen minutes to transfer a 6.5GB movie to itself. The capacity and physical size of the drive is nice. As is the construction. But the transfer speed makes me go crazy. I would find it worthwhile to pay more for a faster 16gb drive.

Outset Cocktail Strainer, Stainless Steel with Soft-Grip Handle
Outset Cocktail Strainer, Stainless Steel with Soft-Grip Handle
Price: $4.23
5 used & new from $3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Design, November 17, 2010
Pulling this strainer from its packaging seemed very promising. It came in quite a nice box and the strainer itself is of good build quality. Unfortunately, whoever designed it forgot to make sure it works in conjunction with the steel shaker cup. The side tabs are too small and the strainer will fall into the cup. You could strain out of the pint glass, but this isn't how I prefer to do it. Overall, its pretty infuriating. No other strainer I've used has had this problem. I recommend the OXO version.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Jawbone, July 23, 2010
I've been pretty pleased with the Jawbone Icon. Performs better than I expected.

It fits great in my ear and feels tight without getting uncomfortable after a long time. Never had it fall out. The Bluetooth seems to have great range. I left my phone on the second floor and went down to the basement to do laundry and the connection never broke. Quality dropped but thats still great range.

Gripes: the usb charger is hard to plug in and out and makes me nervous I'm going to break something. Sound quality is good but not great.

Overall: definitely recommended.

Domke 700-02A F-2 Bag (Brown Waxwear Finish)
Domke 700-02A F-2 Bag (Brown Waxwear Finish)
Price: $119.00
18 used & new from $119.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Domke, July 23, 2010
It's a Domke. It's awesome.

This is my third Domke. Bought it due to Waxwear lust. I'll probably only ever buy Domke bags until I need something that offers a lot more protection.

The Mountain Men's Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee,Dark Green,Medium
The Mountain Men's Three Wolf Moon Short Sleeve Tee,Dark Green,Medium
Price: $15.99
24 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars welcome to the pack, September 15, 2009
This wolf shirt is incredible. The first day I wore it I found five dollars on the sidewalk. To reward my good fortune, I treated myself to a snow cone from a street vendor. Would you believe it? The snow cone wouldn't melt! I still have it. I think it has something to do with the arctic properties of the wolf shirt, which hasn't melted either.

Food & Wine 2009 Cocktail Guide (Food & Wine Cocktails)
Food & Wine 2009 Cocktail Guide (Food & Wine Cocktails)
by Food & Wine
69 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique and well worth it, June 29, 2009
Food & Wine's 2009 Cocktail book focuses on unique drinks to set itself apart from the myriad of other recipe books. Even you have have other cocktail recipe books this one is bound to be full of new ideas.

The photography is great as is the extraneous content like a drink encyclopedia, glassware section, and the best bars in the country.

Well worth it.

The Moment It Clicks: Photography Secrets from One of the World's Top Shooters
The Moment It Clicks: Photography Secrets from One of the World's Top Shooters
by Joe McNally
Price: $34.69
118 used & new from $11.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, January 17, 2009
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Its an easy read and full of interesting behind the scenes details. It also made Annie seem more personable. Shes a hard one to grasp.

I definitely recommend purchasing this one. Its a great addition to a bookshelf or coffee table.

Stuff White People Like: A Definitive Guide to the Unique Taste of Millions
Stuff White People Like: A Definitive Guide to the Unique Taste of Millions
by Christian Lander
Price: $9.40
515 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars uncannily accurate, December 19, 2008
Anyone who has followed the blog knows what to expect. Its the exact same thing, but now you can leave it on you coffee table. check out [...] to see for yourself.