Profile for Tech Addict > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 70

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tech Addict "MH" RSS Feed (Philadelphia, PA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Shiloh/Shiloh 2 (DBFE)
Shiloh/Shiloh 2 (DBFE)
DVD ~ Various
12 used & new from $8.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story and good movie!, March 16, 2015
This review is from: Shiloh/Shiloh 2 (DBFE) (DVD)
Great story. My son read the book first and wanted to see the movie, so we got this...great story!

StowAway Hitch Tightener
StowAway Hitch Tightener
Offered by PacRec Products
Price: $22.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Same thing as a "channel beam clamp", November 18, 2014
Hmmm, I found out they make clamps that work just as well that you can buy for about $5 at your local hardware store in the electrical department called "channel beam clamps"...or for that matter, on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Betts-ZU501-10-Super-8-Inch/dp/B000F71ZES/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1416339073&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=superstrut+beam+clamp

I have used these to stabilize my Curt hitch bike rack and they are basically the same thing. Might be a different grade of metal or something, but mine hasn't broke yet. I figure even if it did, what's the worst that could happen? My hitch rack will wobble a little until I get another one on there?

SRAM Black Brake Lever Hoods without Tape
SRAM Black Brake Lever Hoods without Tape
Price: $18.55
35 used & new from $13.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement, November 18, 2014
Repaired my damaged hood on my Rival lever. Worked perfectly and looks exactly like the older one....except...NEWER!

Voice remote for Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
Voice remote for Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
Price: $29.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Would be nice to be able to try it out!, November 18, 2014
since it's totally useless without the dongle, that I won't apparently get until December 19th...I'll come back and edit once I've actually had a chance to try

XLC Alloy 4 Finger V- Brake Lever, Standard, Pair, Black/Silver
XLC Alloy 4 Finger V- Brake Lever, Standard, Pair, Black/Silver
Offered by Bicycle Addiction
Price: $12.99
7 used & new from $8.23

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but big!, November 18, 2014
These levers seem like they are pretty well built. They're a bit on the heavy side, but considering the levers are so long (I'd say for bigger male hands they're 3.5 finger levers), they're not bad. I thought I would experiment with these levers on my mountain bike to see if maybe I liked the bigger levers, etc. It's ok, but honestly they're so big that on an all mountain bike they just kinda get in the way. 2-finger makes more sense after my experiment. No fault of the levers (why I still gave them 4 stars, they DO work and they ARE well built. The thing that accepts the cable seems a bit over-sized. The rubber grips are actually a really nice touch.

Shimano SL-M590 Deore Shifter Lever Set (9-Speed)
Shimano SL-M590 Deore Shifter Lever Set (9-Speed)
Offered by Xtreme Bike & Sport
Price: $54.00
21 used & new from $53.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value as a replacement 9 speed shifter, November 18, 2014
For the price, you really can't go wrong with these. I was dealing with a half-working set of XT one-piece brake and shift levers. I changed things out and put these on because I was already running a 9 speed drive-train. It was like getting a new bike, no kidding! These shift great in most situations I come across while riding. The shifting is precise, smooth and fast. Sure, the chain, gears, and derailleur have a lot to do with that, but if your shifters suck, the rest of the drive-train is going to suck.

GOOD VALUE

Kool Stop Disc Avid BB5 Pads
Kool Stop Disc Avid BB5 Pads
Price: $15.96
32 used & new from $10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement for OEM, November 18, 2014
So far, for its intended purpose, as a replacement set of brake pads both front and rear BB5 disc brakes on a mountain bike that I thrash (I'm 200+, it's an aluminum hardtail, I like to bomb rooty/rocky trails)...they are working excellent...much better than the stock pads that I wore out were working, that's for sure!

CMS Magnetics® N42 1/2" x 1/8" x 1/16" Block, Package of 50 Rare Earth Neodymium Magnets
Offered by CMS Magnetics
Price: $9.98
3 used & new from $9.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Tiny but strong., November 18, 2014
These are tiny...I guess I didn't actually think about the dimensions when ordering (my bad!). If you need strong really thin magnets, these will fit the bill!

Vittoria Cross XM Pro II 34 Fold Bike Tire, Black
Vittoria Cross XM Pro II 34 Fold Bike Tire, Black
Offered by Bikeworks
Price: $23.00
5 used & new from $23.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Ghetto Tubeless!, November 18, 2014
Set these up "ghetto tubeless". Seems like they'll work fine.

UZZO 1 Pair Rubber Mountain Road MTB BMX Bicycle Lock-On Handlebar Grips Ends,Anodized Aluminum Ends Plug Hand Grips Fit 3/4" to 1" Handlebar(Black) With 1Free UZZO Logo Keyring
Offered by UZZO
Price: $10.00
3 used & new from $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't lock down fully on standard MTB handlebars., November 18, 2014
The screws on the clamps that hold these grips in place don't screw in far enough for some reason without tons of effort and stripping the Allen bolt head out. Would recommend a different brand of locking grips. Returning.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7