Profile for Kathleen Gallegos > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kathleen Gallegos "Kate" RSS Feed (Aurora, IL USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Storm Orphans
Storm Orphans
by Matt Handle
Price: $8.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing zombie novel, January 17, 2015
This review is from: Storm Orphans (Paperback)
Amazing zombie novel! I thought the beginning with the real news event mentioned from 2011 was brilliant. It was fast paced (read it in one night) and had several levels of story going. Would make an awesome movie.

We'll Always Have Paris: A Mother/Daughter Memoir
We'll Always Have Paris: A Mother/Daughter Memoir
by Jennifer Coburn
Price: $12.42
107 used & new from $2.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book! She writes with a wonderful sense of ..., July 1, 2014
Excellent book! She writes with a wonderful sense of humor and you feel like you are there with her and her daughter-who also has a great sense of humor and is quite grounded. It's like your best friend is telling you these great stories and not leaving anything out. I would highly recommend this book to anyone travelling or like me, who dreams of traveling!

Messenger Between Worlds: True Stories from a Psychic Medium
Messenger Between Worlds: True Stories from a Psychic Medium
by Kristy Robinett
Price: $11.62
48 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Revealing, Honest and Riveting!, July 17, 2013
I LOVED this book! It is very well written. She takes you through her life and what it's been like for her with her gift. You might think how great it would be, but she writes honestly about her struggles with her gift and her life and how she's triumphed. She makes her story relevant to everyone and provides examples of visitations and clients with various messages that everyone can relate to. It was fascinating and I'd love to read more-so I'm ready for another book!

Babylon Confidential: A Memoir of Love, Sex, and Addiction
Babylon Confidential: A Memoir of Love, Sex, and Addiction
by Claudia Christian
Price: $12.88
103 used & new from $0.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Memoir I've Ever Read, October 31, 2012
I have never seen Babylon 5, but I like to read Memoirs and I always thought Claudia Christian seemed like a really cool person. This memoir blew my socks off. Amazingly candid and honest. Things you would normally only tell a best girl friend-she has put out for the world to see, all to help others. Bravo to her. What an amazing woman. Her story is engrossing, entertaining and inspiring-I could not put it down. I am so glad David is still in her life-they seemed so great together. Claudia-one day I hope you are able to believe that you are worthy of being loved and let yourself go with it. Maybe with David?! If not him, he is certainly the right caliber of man. I wish you nothing but blessings-thank you for this book-it is a gift to the world.

A Naughty Thing called Life
A Naughty Thing called Life
by Papa Spyk
6 used & new from $89.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspirational and raw story, September 10, 2011
This was a very intriguing book to read on many levels. First, let me start by saying that it needs an overall grammar edit. But if you read it as more of this is how the author speaks and that he is telling his own unedited story, you can overcome that.

The content is entertaining----he has led a wild and outrageous life in many ways and it's interesting to get his point of view on all his endeavors.

Most of all, the book is inspiring because of the physical trauma (not to mention the ensuing emotional trauma) that he has suffered and overcome. And he not only fought against it and overcame it, he really found his purpose in life-his Angel daughter. When he writes about her, it is the most touching part of the novel.

As someone who has suffered a serious spinal injury myself, I know how a near death experience changes your perspective on life and it does make you grateful for what you do have in a new and profoundly different way. You have to adjust your expectations on your new physical self, but you still want to strive to do everything you can. I still dream of being able to run even though I know it won't happen again. I could relate to his recovery and also what his parents went through as I know mine struggled to see me in pain as well.

I gave this book 5 stars because the author wrote with total honesty, had a noble intention (to inspire), he told an interesting story that made me care about him and his Angel and made me want to cheer for his victories.

I loved the last photo of the book with the writing on the woman's back and may rip it out and tape it on my mirror. It's brilliant.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2013 9:19 PM PST

The Elemental Journal: Composing Artful Expressions from Items Cast Aside
The Elemental Journal: Composing Artful Expressions from Items Cast Aside
by Tammy Kushnir
Price: $18.50
80 used & new from $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye Candy----all journalers and artsy people-you want this!, February 19, 2011
This is one of the great books. I love to journal and am an artsy person and have purchased many books only to discover that the pics aren't that great or the process wasn't explained.....that is NOT the case here! This is eye candy-a visual delight and it has instructions that also come with step by step photos! It's really the perfect blend of creation and how-to. I will be pouring over this one for a long time to come.

Secrets of Eden: A Novel
Secrets of Eden: A Novel
by Chris Bohjalian
226 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This author is always a winner!, July 19, 2010
Every book by this author is riveting and this one is no exception. You can always expect subtle clues in the plot and twists and turns and surprises. I love that! I was pulled right in and he kept me guessing throughout. You think you know, but then it could go several ways and then you are always surprised by how it all turns out.

A Cast-Off Coven: A Witchcraft Mystery
A Cast-Off Coven: A Witchcraft Mystery
by Juliet Blackwell
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.99
118 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspenseful and fun!, June 21, 2010
Definitely read the first book but this one was FANTASTIC! Lots of suspense and fun and a great mystery....still so much to learn. Can't wait for the next book!

Spin: A Novel
Spin: A Novel
by Robert Rave
89 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fabulous Must Read!!!, October 21, 2009
This review is from: Spin: A Novel (Hardcover)
This book is really well written and you won't want to put it down! The author keeps everything really fast paced, so you don't want to miss a second of all the chaos and antics. A Must Read!!

At Least in the City Someone Would Hear Me Scream: Misadventures in Search of the Simple Life
by Wade Rouse
Price: $20.72
98 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars HYSTERICAL-LAUGH OUT LOUD FUNNY, September 9, 2009
If you have a good sense of humor, you will love this book! You can picture every scene happening and if you read this in public (on the train, subway,etc)-be forewarned, you will be laughing out loud at parts and may have to explain yourself! Enjoy it! I bought his 2 other books after reading this one and they were as much fun to read.

Page: 1 | 2