Profile for M. Respass > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

M. Respass RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Party Is Over: How Republicans Went Crazy, Democrats Became Useless, and the Middle Class Got Shafted
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and easy to read analysis with real solutions, September 27, 2012
I found the book very easy to read and the analysis simply factual rather than partisan. The last chapter discusses ideas about reforming the system and how we can get out. The fact that Lofgren was a Republican staffer lends weight to what he says and gives us a real insight into what happens in congress. If you are really interested in true reform rather the kind of reform that gives your ideology more power, this is a great book describing how we got here and how we can get out.

The only thing I dislike has nothing to do with the book but with the way Kindle works which is that there are a lot of end-of-chapter notes and endnotes but if you tap to follow the note, your furthest read page becomes the end of the book and sync with other devices becomes useless. The book is full of references so best to wait until your done then open the book on your computer so you can follow the links.

Sunlite SL20R40/65K 20 Watt R40 Reflector Energy Saving CFL Light Bulb Medium Base Daylight
Price: $17.19
3 used & new from $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Long warm up time, then bright, July 10, 2012
We have high ceilings and a long dark hall way. I turn the lights on in the morning and don't turn them off until bed time. I do that mainly because these lamps take about a full minute to warm up. Until then, they are dim. Once they are warmed up, they are great. Two of these in our long hallway lights it up like mad. I prefer these day light style bulbs to simulate sun light since windows are limited in our apartment. If you don't mid the warm up time, these are great. If you do, they are only OK.

16 oz. Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner
16 oz. Simple Green All Purpose Cleaner
Offered by Gatzies
Price: $9.52
19 used & new from $3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Killer Cleaner, July 10, 2012
Wow, I love this stuff. It smells great and it cuts through the grime like mad! I roast coffee and my coffee roaster was almost black inside. I would use 409 or some other cleaner and it barely did anything. Simple Green cleaned the walls to the bare metal. Awesome stuff!

Champion Men's Double Dry Core Muscle Tee,Black,Large
Champion Men's Double Dry Core Muscle Tee,Black,Large

3.0 out of 5 stars collar too tight, not as good a tank, July 10, 2012
I really love Champion double-dry. They are comfortable and really do dry out fast. This shirt is silly though. I bought it because there were no tank tops available. A shirt without sleeves doesn't do much. The collar is too tight which keeps the heat in and makes me sweat more. Lack of sleeves feels funny. The tanks are no longer available but those are good. This is not for me. If you like this style of shirt, then it's a great shirt. I don't like it so I'll be looking for another brand of tanks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2012 10:04 PM PDT

Turbo Whisk Stainless Steel Auto Hand Blender/Mixer
Turbo Whisk Stainless Steel Auto Hand Blender/Mixer

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Whisk, June 9, 2012
This is a hand whisk that works with a pumping action. It fits perfectly in my 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup and does the best job I've ever seen. For $7, it is well worth it. I've been putting it in the dish washer and it seems fine. It makes any kind of oil and vinegar/lime juice/whatever, perfectly. It emulsifies like mad. I highly recommend this. It's really incredible.

Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
by Kent Beck
Price: $43.16
103 used & new from $22.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, April 2, 2012
I read this book more than 10 years ago and it changed the way I write code. The book itself is only about 100 pages, the rest is reference. It's a must have book for any programmer. I bought this one for some one else because it's essential. Most IDEs include Refactoring support but it's one thing to have some help doing it and another to understand how and why. Fowler explains it all.

Hearos Ultimate Softness Series Foam Earplugs, 20-Pair
Hearos Ultimate Softness Series Foam Earplugs, 20-Pair
Offered by THE BT GROUP
Price: $6.68
14 used & new from $5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Earplugs, April 2, 2012
We live in an apartment downtown. Sometimes the neighbors make noise, sometimes, it's the sound of the city out the window. These ear plugs are soft so you can roll them and fit them comfortably and they stay in. These are the best we've found.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon [HD]
Transformers: Dark of the Moon [HD]
DVD
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A great action movie, March 1, 2012
I am giving this 5 stars because it is just a great action movie. The plot may not be too deep, the love interest is silly (she keeps those heels on while being attached by giant sentient robots), but you have Leonard Nimoy as the voice of one of the Transformers and the scene where the military jump in wingsuits and really cool. I guess what I'm saying is that if you liked Transformers 1 and 2, this one is more of the same -- fun action not deep drama.

Mens Underwear Sport H-Fly Midway Brief - 2 pack, BLACK, M
Mens Underwear Sport H-Fly Midway Brief - 2 pack, BLACK, M

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but a little tight and warm, October 31, 2011
Pros: long legs that do not ride up and good support all around
Cons: the support comes from the fact that they fit a little tight and they are not as cool to wear as GO Mesh Midway Brief - 2 pack

I like these and the Go Mesh. I find these better for running due to the longer legs and the tighter fit.

Mens Underwear GO Mesh Midway Brief - 2 pack, black, M
Mens Underwear GO Mesh Midway Brief - 2 pack, black, M

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be longer, October 31, 2011
These are pretty comfortable to wear and the mesh is nice and cool. The legs could be a little longer. I also got Sport H-Fly Midway Brief - 2 pack which I like better because they are longer but they fit fairly tight and are not as cool. It's a trade off. These for working out, the others for running.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4