Profile for MsJackson757 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MsJackson757 "MsJackson757" RSS Feed (Virginia, USA)

The Good Wife, Season 1 [HD]
The Good Wife, Season 1 [HD]
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Show!, June 3, 2013
Love watching an entire series in one weekend, and commerical free! Juliana Marguiles rocks! Loved her since ER and Cantebury's Law! Thanks Amazon Prime!

Side Effects of You
Side Effects of You
Price: $11.88
48 used & new from $4.95

4.0 out of 5 stars She Did That!!, April 26, 2013
This review is from: Side Effects of You (Audio CD)
Sitting here on my second listen, bobbing my head to "Get it Right" and "So Much to Prove". I thought it started off "just ok" (in my Randy voice! Lol). The music was solid but her vocals were too restrained for me. But once I got past the "side effects" it was on and rockin'! This is a solid B+ and I will be going to a concert near me when the tour starts. This is definitely a top-down, ride out/roadtrip, press play CD. Glad she survived the trials cause these musical testimonies are encouraging! Go 'Tasia!

Back To Me
Back To Me
Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $18.93
47 used & new from $2.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Collard Greens, Cornbread and Red Kool-Aid!!, August 25, 2010
This review is from: Back To Me (Audio CD)
I have been a Fantasia fan since she sang Summertime on AI, so it was with great anticipation (and a little frustration at the release date being pushed back, so much for pre-ordering!)that I purchased the CD. I'm thankful to Mr Cook because the songs have taken on an entirely new meaning for Ms Barrino so I know I will be getting more than my money's worth once she goes on tour to perform them. Her vocals are tight, no doubt strengthened by her stints in The Color Purple. The music is great. I'm no production expert, so I won't comment on that, but I like what I hear. There aren't too many CDs out nowadays, that you can put in and press play, but this is one of them. My personal favorite is Collard Greens & Cornbread, for it speaks to the love of/in my life right now. Looking forward to the live performance. Great Job Fantasia! Keep ya head up and a humble knee bowed and you will be fine! Many Blessings!

"Men Don't Heal, We Ho" - A Book About the Emotional Instability in Men.
"Men Don't Heal, We Ho" - A Book About the Emotional Instability in Men.
by Steven James Dixon
18 used & new from $24.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Laugh Out Loud, Sobering, Truth!!, February 23, 2010
I want to say "Thank You" to Steven James for being transparent about his life experiences and where they led him, and how they helped form him into the self-proclaimed "best husband in the world!" The book is FUNNY! Laugh out Loud funny! The crying chapter is HILARIOUS!! It is also sobering when "the mirror drops down from heaven" and you have to evaluate yourself and the choices you have made, that got you to where you are, which is usually not where or with who, you want to be! I think the advice is sound, practical,and do-able after wisely choosing and committing to the right person.

I received the book yesterday and finished it this morning, it was that good! My personal preference is to read a book without profanity and vulgarity, so I couldn't give it 5 stars, but those items weren't so excessive as to detract from the writing, or so much I put the book down! It is an entertaining read!! I realize there are some things that can only be explained with a little extra word "seasoning!"

The editors slept on some typos and grammatical errors (another reason I couldn't give 5 stars)that have nothing to do with the writer's style of writing the way he talks. Other than that, I will be recommending this book because it will make great conversation and prayerfully spur men and women to be better to each other and place greater value on marriage and family as God intended. Great Job Mr Dixon!

Makings of a Man
Makings of a Man
Price: $9.30
82 used & new from $2.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Move Over All of Y'all, April 30, 2008
This review is from: Makings of a Man (Audio CD)
Okay, I haven't slept on Jaheim, I just never bought his music until last week. When his first CD came out a good friend called me from overseas to tell me Jah was "da truth" and I needed to run out and buy the Cd, but I wasn't interested in anything with the title "ghetto" in it, so I slept, and slept, until I heard "Anything" featuring NEXXT (sp?). I LOVEDEDED this song! Still didn't buy the CD, I just sat back and watched to see what turn his career would take. Would he succomb to the music business and have all of what makes him "Jah" sucked out of him, and disappear to the bottom of some record company's roster, or would he be humble enough to listen to his elders and peers and accept constructive criticism, to be groomed for the big shoes left by Luther Vandross. I am SO proud to see it was the latter. I agree with those who say in order for him to gain a larger fan base there needs to be more creative lyrical content, but for those who love the ghetto, this is another classic. I love the stories told in Have You Ever, Make a Wish, and Back together again. The music production could be better but there is definitely a MAN in the making! From here on out Jaheim could sing the ABC song and put it on a record and I'd buy it! :-) I'm excited about the new Voice of R&B. Many Blessings!

Price: $10.99
110 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Musiq "Don't Change" A Thing!!, May 13, 2002
This review is from: Juslisen (Audio CD)
Okay, I had to come back and add the 5th star!! I wasn't finished listening when I did the first review. I am in LOVE with this Musiq! I'm still stuck on #16 "Don't Change", but I've added his rendition of George Harrison's "Something (I Don't Want to Leave Her Now)" to my list of favorites along with #s 2, 13, and 17 among others. I love the way he brought us up to date with "caught up" and "If I woulda knew". The beats and his rhythmic vocal flow are still tight like the first CD yet seasoned and honed. I strongly encourage you to purchase (please support the artists and BUY their CDs versus downloading them!) this CD, put it in your ride and Juslisen!!

Price: $10.99
110 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Sophmore Jinx...What's That??, May 10, 2002
This review is from: Juslisen (Audio CD)
Just purchased this CD and the title speaks for itself. One "lisen" will have you hooked! Right now I'm stuck on #16 Dontchange...MAYBE by the end of the night I'll make it to the end of the CD!! I love the way he "progressed" with "Caughtup" bringing us up to date from "Seventeen". I guess mainly what I love about his music is it's realness. It's not all about sex-you-up love. #13 "previouscats" addressed an issue my girlfriends and I recently discussed. My suggestion, if you don't have it, get it, then get in your car, push play and Juslisen!!