Profile for Natural Historian > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Natural Historian "L_Roque" RSS Feed (Minnesota)

Page: 1 | 2
Galaxy S4 Case, Spigen Neo Hybrid Series for Galaxy S4 - Retail Packaging - Metal Slate (SGP10215)
Offered by Spigen Inc
Price: $19.99
3 used & new from $18.60

1.0 out of 5 stars Frame Likely to Break, July 28, 2013
I am sorry to say the **frame lasted not even six weeks**, breaking where the charge port is.

I practically babied it, and yet it did not have the decency to die heroically, saving my phone from some hapless miscue. I never put its durability to the test.

I would carry it in my front pants* pocket so I would never sit on it, and when seated the phone would be out as opposed to pocketed. (*Typically slacks, which allow the phone to move more freely as opposed to jeans.) Nevertheless, it was in my front slacks pocket when I heard it snap.

Yes, I could purchase a replacement frame (SPIGEN SGP Galaxy S4 Case Protective [Neo Hybrid Replacement Frame] [Metal Slate] Bumper Replacement Frame ONLY for Galaxy S IV Galaxy SIV i9500 - Metal Slate), but what is the point of this if I may to have to do so every couple of months?

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, they're comfortable!, July 30, 2008
I first came across these online and wasn't sure what to think of them. I was able to try them out at a local store and was quite amazed. Although I have flat feet, the soles conform to my feet for natural arch support. The canvas upper is breathable and comfy with or without socks. One thing I did notice at the store is that color does vary slightly from pair to pair (my black pair is slightly lighter than the images on another Sanuk Men's You Got My Back? Sandal Shoe page). Given the sandal bottom, I am inclined to think that the soles will be the determining factor when it comes to product life. That said, the very bottom is a lot harder than the rest of the sole (you can see that layer if you zoom in on the images via the above link). I lucked out in that my store pair was only $30, so I recommend looking around before paying much more. (As of this posting, the highest vendor price on Amazon is $49 and, as much as I adore these, I couldn't see paying that much for them.)

Additional info/claims from the tags included with my pair (I'm not a podiatrist so I can't vouch for their validity): Sidewalk surfers offer natural torsion, flex and width control. "The loose upper allows your foot to spread so it can absorb shock naturally. This strengthens the small muscles which support your arch and encourages you to walk correctly."

I'll close with an interesting piece of trivia: According to the creators of street surfers, Sanuk is the Thai word for "pursuit of happiness."

Sanuk Men's You Got My Back? Slip-On
Sanuk Men's You Got My Back? Slip-On

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, they're comfortable!, July 30, 2008
I first came across these online and wasn't sure what to think of them. I was able to try them out at a local store and was quite amazed. Although I have flat feet, the soles conform to my feet for natural arch support. The canvas upper is breathable and comfy with or without socks. One thing I did notice at the store is that color does vary slightly from pair to pair (my black pair is slightly lighter than the images here). Given the sandal bottom, I am inclined to think that the soles will be the determining factor when it comes to product life. That said, the very bottom is a lot harder than the rest of the sole (you can see that layer if you zoom in on the images). I lucked out in that my store pair was only $30, so I recommend looking around before paying much more. (As of this posting, the highest vendor price on Amazon is $49 and, as much as I adore these, I couldn't see paying that much for them.)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Opinions and advice on Lamy refill converters, October 28, 2007
I love this product; I use it with quick-drying Rapidograph ink (meant for film, but I use it for writing in my journal because others do not dry fast enough). It's easy to clean (I use Rapido-ease).

I did not buy mine here, however. While other reviews revealed obscene shipping charges; I started a transaction to see for myself. Since shipping charges weren't straightforward and wouldn't be revealed until the end (after giving them all my information), I canceled it. Yes, I could have e-mailed them, however with a product so inexpensive I decided to trust other reviewers over waiting for a response from the company. Later that day, I found a local art supply store and was able to purchase the converter for less than five dollars. Thus, my recommendation is to check out local stores, other websites, and/or e-mail this Amazon supplier before purchasing here.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 29, 2010 2:21 PM PST

Panasonic ES8078S Vortex HyrdraClean Wet/Dry Shaving System
Panasonic ES8078S Vortex HyrdraClean Wet/Dry Shaving System

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbiased review after 4 months of use, September 13, 2007
I researched thoroughly before settling on this gem. I've been using it for four months now, and here is my perspective.

**The good**
Superb wet shave
Decent dry shave alone
Superb dry shave with talc (e.g. Remington Face Saver)
Trimmer works great for maintaining sideburns, goatees, etc.
Easy cleaning by hand; cleaning system works well
Dock can do any combination of clean/dry/charge
Can charge with the cord alone
Charge lasts a very long time
Spouse can use it
Blades are still sharp as ever
Cleaning cartridge refills inexpensive and last a full 3 months
Great value for price and then some

**The not so good**
More prone to nicks when shaving wet (I do have sensitive skin, though)
Shavings stick to skin during a wet shave, requiring frequent rinsing (unless using in the shower)
Charger/cleaner trips bathroom GFCI (outlet), so I have to plug it in elsewhere (it may simply the outlet's fault...pun intended)
Cleaning cycle is loud enough that you wouldn't want to start it before bedtime

**Other*
To elaborate some of the above... When my wife and I went on vacation, I took this without the charger or cord. She actually ended up using it (dry), too, and it worked well for her. We both used it numerous times over ten days and the charge didn't fade one bit.

If you're familiar with the Hydra from Greek mythology, you'll understand why I think "HydraClean" is a funny/poor product name.

**Verdict**
In all, I think you're more likely than not to be pleased with this shaver.

Page: 1 | 2