Profile for Metalhead > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Metalhead RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
If We Were Live
If We Were Live
Price: $11.32
3 used & new from $7.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album and production!, July 19, 2014
This review is from: If We Were Live (Audio CD)
Having discovered this band on accident while looking for other bands. I started off with Odd Logic's Legend of Mantra Part I album. I found it kind of different but proggy in a sense. It was kind of hit or miss. Forgot about this band until this year. Decided to pop the name up and see what these guys were up to. Thankfully a new album was underway recorded in a "LIVE" format and I prefer this album over the previous Legend of Mantra I and II. Good stuff on this one!

Distant Satellites
Distant Satellites
Price: $16.25
28 used & new from $15.19

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid album!, July 19, 2014
This review is from: Distant Satellites (Audio CD)
I say 4/5 stars for this release by the incredible Anathema.

I loved the Weather Systems album and decided to check this out. As I read, there are elements of industrial sequencers on this album all throughout. I have nothing but good to say about this album. Again, standout musicianship! Very relaxing record, it's up there with Weather Systems and Because We're Here but this album isn't as good as WS or BWH. However, this is a more harder industrial record, again, it's enjoyable. I like this album quite a bit but not as much as Weather Systems. 4/5 stars. GO BUY!! :) I guess the musical atmospheric sound is more noticable on Weather Systems then this one.

Skunkworks
Skunkworks
Price: $19.20
14 used & new from $9.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cruising music, July 18, 2014
This review is from: Skunkworks (Audio CD)
Here we have Bruce Dickinson's 3rd solo album from 96. I gotta say that this is a pretty cool cd. It does have a grungy feel to it, obviously it was the 90s at the time this was put out.

Bruce's voice here is in great form and uses a lower key here as heard on Iron Maiden's No Prayer and Fear of the Dark.

Favorite stand out tracks would be tracks 1-5. I believe Meltdown and Stranger in a Paradise, Track 13 whatever it is! Good stuff here, NOT to be missed or overlooked! Give it a try. If you put your listening mode to Grunge, you should digest this pretty good

Redeemer of Souls
Redeemer of Souls
Price: $11.88
56 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars PRIEST SCREAM BACK WITH A VENGEANCE!!!!, July 12, 2014
This review is from: Redeemer of Souls (Audio CD)
I tossed this hot piece of molten metal into the CD player this weekend and I ended up cleaning the aftermath....

Judas Priest are back with another strong effort! I'm a music lover and have been for years. This is a TRUE CLASSIC PRIEST album in the veins of all previous albums as far as I can hear. This is little diversity on the album and that is OK with me. I figure 5 stars due to the new guitar player Richie Faulkner's contributions to the songs makes it special and has the right sound that Glenn needs to get this album fueled. This is a MUST BUY for any Priest fan! Cheers! I hope for more albums in the future!

Million Dollar Haircuts On Ten Cent Heads
Million Dollar Haircuts On Ten Cent Heads
Price: $14.29
33 used & new from $6.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Bank your money on this!, March 31, 2014
The new side project by Andi Deris is a good one. I really enjoyed hearing something different besides Helloween which we all know and love. I thought this album was really good musicianship wise and overall great sound production.

Fire Eater
Fire Eater
Price: $19.79
24 used & new from $11.69

3.0 out of 5 stars This disc burns!, March 31, 2014
This review is from: Fire Eater (Audio CD)
I gave the disc 3 stars because of the sound production....I have a bose system and like most releases, I can hear the music just fine at volume 20, but I had to turn it up to 30 to hear anything from Aska's latest effort.

The music itself is incredible!! Excellent musicianship all the way! Another solid release from a great hard rock band.

I don't really have favorite tracks anymore, I just listen to the entire CD front to back. I give it a rating after that. But for the music and vocals, musicianship over all, I'd say 4 stars! Just the sound quality could have been better.

Somnium Excessum
Somnium Excessum
Price: $15.47
15 used & new from $10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 2nd Album!, February 8, 2014
This review is from: Somnium Excessum (Audio CD)
Dream Death, This is the same band that put out the underground classic Journey Into Mystery. Their new album is a great follow up that pretty much picks up where the first album left off. A couple long, epic songs on this new release but that never hurt anybody. I highly recommend picking this one up!

Enjoy as Dream Death are finally back!! Also, stay tuned for new Massacre this year Back From Beyond coming in March.

Bose® AE2 headphones replacement audio cable - Black
Bose® AE2 headphones replacement audio cable - Black
Offered by Bose
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Replacement Cord!, November 1, 2013
So after buying a pair of AE2 Bose Headphones from Best Buy, after having them for a week, the cat decides to chew through the cord and actually thought about trading her fur coat in for a new cord....

I saw on [...] they had a replacement cord for $30 and found the exact same thing on www.amazon.com for $8.00. I decided to order it and got it yesterday in the mail. Plugged it in and WHAMO! Works great!! Buy yourself one! Very satisfied customer!

Across the Seven Seas
Across the Seven Seas
Price: $16.26
33 used & new from $8.38

5.0 out of 5 stars A Treasure Floats Upon The Sea!, June 7, 2013
This review is from: Across the Seven Seas (Audio CD)
If you like the perfect balance of progressive rock and hard rock mixed together, try this grand creation! Will NOT be disappointed!

United World Rebellion: Chapter One
United World Rebellion: Chapter One
Price: $7.00
47 used & new from $3.52

5.0 out of 5 stars A Roaring Comeback, April 19, 2013
Well, after not being pleased with Thickskin and Revolutions per Minute. I was hoping that Skid Row would come back with a "return to form" on their sound and my hopes were answered. Very solid hard rock here in the veins of classic Skid Row, just what I was hoping for! Very pleased! The overall sound has classic Skid Row all over it! BUY THIS ONE!! I'll be anxious for the next 2 chapters.

Page: 1 | 2