Profile for Daniel C. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 15

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Daniel C. RSS Feed (Dallas, TX USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Dorman 520-694 Control Arm
Dorman 520-694 Control Arm
Price: $62.18
28 used & new from $58.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, June 3, 2013
Fits just like the original, no complaints or issues. Definitely worth a little more to replace the whole arm instead of drilling out & replacing each bushing.

K&N 33-2201 High Performance Replacement Air Filter
K&N 33-2201 High Performance Replacement Air Filter
Price: $44.99
42 used & new from $38.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Works GREAT! LOVE it., June 28, 2012
I've been using this for over a year, more than 10k miles without any issues. I think the ECM (engine computer) adjusted itself to accommodate the increased airflow after a couple weeks because the car definitely has more power. The improvement was about as drastic as replacing mildly dirty spark plugs, or wires, etc.
This filter seats perfectly in my OEM housing. The silicone gasket around the edges ensure that all the air flowing in is filtered, and no gaps appear around the edges. It's perfect.

Very happy with the K&N air filter. I even put one in my fiancee's new Kia so we could save $90 air filter changes at the dealership. It won't void your warranty, and K&N will argue on your behalf if a dealership says it does.
Totally worthwhile, I have not seen any drawbacks or negative results from this.

Delton Platinum USB 30-Pin Data Cable for iPhone 3GS/4/4S and iPod
Delton Platinum USB 30-Pin Data Cable for iPhone 3GS/4/4S and iPod
Offered by Simone Co
Price: $3.69
15 used & new from $1.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Cable melted, DO NOT USE, June 28, 2012
ZERO stars
The first cable I connected melted about 45 minutes into using it. Fortunately my phone was not damaged, but I will not be using any of these cables. There are better sources available at similar prices.
On my mac, I got an error that the device was drawing too much power. I connected it to my PC and it seemed fine, but after 15 minutes or so it began intermittently disconnecting.
After about 45 minutes it completely disconnected and when I went to look at the cable, there was a hole burned in the top of the cable connector at the base of the iPhone.

Failed cable aside, it feels cheap and flimsy. Another cable came apart the first time I unplugged it from an iPhone 4.

I won't be using any of the 5 cables I bought at once. Get a better cable elsewhere (like Deal Extreme) that look & feel exactly like OEM.

for HTC Droid Incredible Hard Case TRANSPARENT CLEAR
for HTC Droid Incredible Hard Case TRANSPARENT CLEAR
Offered by Kensi
Price: $1.49
2 used & new from $1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little case, August 17, 2011
I bought this in November for my girlfriend's HTC Incredible. We tried 2 or 3 other similarly priced cases and they all had a bad tendency to fall off.
This one generally stays in place during normal use. If the phone is dropped 2+ feet onto a hard surface it's likely to either pop loose, or one or both sides fall off entirely. I don't mind because I think the case still takes the blunt of the impact.

Over time, it's become a little bit looser with repeated removals, and it's not as clean & scratch-free as it was new. This is the nature of crystal cases, and should be expected.
Overall, it's been a great little case for the price.

Neiko 01336A 10 in 1 Autoloading Heavy Duty Precision Screwdriver with Rachet
Neiko 01336A 10 in 1 Autoloading Heavy Duty Precision Screwdriver with Rachet
Offered by JR Quality Tools
Price: $14.25
3 used & new from $14.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Great portable screwdriver sete, August 17, 2011
I bought this to carry in my laptop bag. I work as an IT consultant and have a need to take apart at least 1 laptop per week, often more. This includes the T8 torx bit needed for most modern Apple laptops, as well as a decent variety of Philips bits.

My only complaint about the screwdriver is that it can be a little bit resistant to changing bits at times. Just extend and retract the handle a couple of times and it clears right up.
It also would be a little nicer to have 1 smaller Philips bit - I suppose one could be taken from another multi-bit screwdriver and placed in this one, but I've always been able to get by with the included bits.

I use this regularly as a professional tool, and for the price it's a great value. It serves me well for personal use as well, and I don't feel a need to carry any other screwdrivers for working on electronics.

Kakadu Pet Tinker Bell Nylon/Elastic Safety Cat Collar with Bell, Blue - 3/8" x 12"

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed!, August 17, 2011
We've tried several different safety collars on our 2 year old cat, but she always takes them off while we're not looking (sometimes while we are). We also have trouble finding one that even fits at retail pet supply stores.
I put this collar on about 3 weeks ago and she's never taken it off. I've also not seen here chewing at it and trying to get out of it, so I guess it's pretty comfortable. The collar is somewhat elastic and is fully adjustable - just put the clasp through any part of the collar to make it the desired length.

I'm very happy with the features of this collar - it's exactly what we needed. Also, the price on Amazon is roughly half what any collar can be found for in retail stores. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

Sylvania 9006/HB4 EB EcoBright Headlight Bulb (Low Beam), (Pack of 2)
Sylvania 9006/HB4 EB EcoBright Headlight Bulb (Low Beam), (Pack of 2)
Price: $18.77
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy! Indistinguishable from regular bulbs., July 16, 2011
I'm very, very happy with these! I got the set of 2 bulbs on Amazon for around $10. You can't beat that price anywhere, and these are a good, respectable brand.
I installed 1 of these several months back to replace an ultrabright I had accidentally bought (Silverstar ST I think). The ultrabright failed after about 6 months, which was very disappointing.

As far as power use & economy, I really couldn't comment on the energy drain. I'm inclined to believe the statements that Sylvania makes about these. They are not any dimmer than the standard bulbs I've used in the past - I can't tell the difference.
I plan to buy these exclusively in the future barring any issues.

M064 98-02 Honda Engine Motor Mount 5PCS Accord Odyssey 3.0L V6 Acura CL TL With Hydraulic 98 99 00 01 02
Offered by AutoPartPro
Price: $83.00
4 used & new from $83.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy! tricky to install some, July 16, 2011
I was a little unsure about buying this set online, but they are in fact the correct mounts for my Accord. I have a 1999 3.0L V6 Accord EX sedan. Also, these were a great price and I could not find them cheaper anywhere else.
If you're replacing one of the hydraulic mounts, or more than 2 others - it's a good idea to replace the entire set.
I did not install these myself, rather when my transmission was replaced I had the mechanic put these in. He installed all but the rear hydraulic mount as it would have required a lot of extra work to remove.
They seem to work just fine, and they match the factory equipment almost exactly. The mount that goes just above the serpentine belts does not have a small metal piece that my factory mount had, but it does not seem to matter. The metal piece served no function I could discern.

I do have experience removing these mounts (the factory mounts anyway), and some of them are rather difficult. You absolutely will need an impact wrench, and probably a heavy one at that. We had to use 200+ lbs of air pressure and a 3/4" impact wrench to remove the upper bolts on the front and back mounts. Removing the rear mount was nearly impossible for me, mainly because the top bolt is difficult to access. I was salvaging a transmission from a wrecked accord and we were able to move things around a bit more than one might on a car that you don't want to mess up.
If possible, use an engine hoist to suspend the engine & transmission and simply lift both up a few inches in order to replace these.
Your mileage may vary.

I give the product 5 stars because it's exactly what I needed at a great price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2011 7:37 AM PDT

Medelco  12-Cup Glass Stovetop Whistling Kettle
Medelco 12-Cup Glass Stovetop Whistling Kettle
Price: $9.75
32 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little tea kettle, July 16, 2011
This is my first tea kettle, and I'm quite happy with it. I've only used it to boil water for use with my french press but it does the job nicely.
If you have an electric stove, you must set the included metal ring on top of the burner before setting down the kettle. It works just fine.
The whistling feature is a bit unusual: you have to place a pressure-fitted plastic cap (of sorts) in the top. The cap has a hole that allows the steam to escape, creating the whistling sound. I don't always use it but it's helpful when I can't stay in the kitchen while the water boils.
It's a little difficult to pour from this kettle - you have to turn it almost completely upside down to totally empty the kettle, but if you're careful it won't spill.
It's pretty easy to clean, when needed. I usually just leave the cap off and let it dry. I used water from my Brita pitcher so it doesn't leave spots.
I think I got this for around $15 on Amazon and I'd definitely recommend it to others.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great, got rid of the worms!, December 11, 2010
I was skeptical about these, but they really worked to get rid of our cat's worms. I had the toughest time getting her to eat one of these and really had to force it. I tried more than once without success. Putting it inside food won't work, please believe me. There are devices to help you feed cats pills, next time I'll definitely try one out.

Page: 1 | 2