Profile for Heath Buckmaster > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 272

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Heath Buckmaster "_heath_" RSS Feed (Sacramento, CA USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Kobi Electric K4L8 25-watt (125-Watt) R40 LED 5000k Cool White Indoor Flood Light Bulb, Dimmable
Price: $32.00
6 used & new from $26.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh my gosh this light bulb is bright!, September 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Wow! This is one bright bulb! I was expecting a lot of light coverage with a 125-watt comparable bulb, but wasn't prepared for just how bright it is (prior to dimming). If you are looking for an excellent floodlight that you're not going to mess with as a dimmable, you'll be pretty pleased with the coverage this one provides.

The soft filter on the top prevents "direct" light - in other words you're not seeing the LED bulbs individually but more a dome of white. But if you really want to get the best use of the product, put it on a switch that you can dim. Although you can't adjust the colour of this bulb (which would be a great option to have multiple colour settings) you can easily dim it all the way down to a very soft glow.

If you're trying to put this into a regular lamp - it's not going to work. Because of the large and irregular shape you won't find a shade that will fit - so unless you have a lamp that connects the shade in a different way (not directly on the bulb) you'll need to find another place for this.

I have it inside a "tower" style lamp tree and it works beautifully. If I really need to see what's going on, just dim it up, and if you want more ambient lighting, just dim it down. I wasn't able to use this in any of my overhead lights because it's an older house and there just isn't space in the fixture - but for the garage it's perfect. I actually want to get a whole set of these things for use in a variety of light trees in the garage or the laundry room.

Solid 4 stars for a quality built product that works right out of the box - is always cool to the touch - and easily dims down to a very soft glow or a powerful floodlight.

Burt's Bees Brightening Refining Tonic, 6 Fluid Ounces
Burt's Bees Brightening Refining Tonic, 6 Fluid Ounces
Price: $11.24
10 used & new from $5.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Another quality product from Burt's Bees - works great with companion lotions / creams for overall skin health, September 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm a long-time fan of the Burt's Bees products, and a regular user of the blemish stick, lip balm, and have also used the rescue ointment on camping trips. Every single product has lived up to expectations and the tonic is no different.

This product isn't a cream like some of the other facial products from BB's. You'll find that the texture/viscosity is more liquid - so make sure you shake the container well before each use because you may experience some in consistency if you don't.

The fragrance gets you first and it's really pleasant. There's a floral hint - and likely from the "daisy extract" - however, I don't really know if it smells exactly like a daisy. The tonic goes on very easily. I generally use this after the shower after patting my face dry. It easily pours into your palm then rub it with your hands and get it all over your face, ears, neck, and don't forget the back of your neck too. Then just wipe with a washcloth. That's the first way to use it.

You can also put it onto a makeup pad and wipe your face with it - think acne pads, that same kind of motion and process all over your face and your neck. This way you can target spots that might need more attention - especially if you have a need to wear makeup for any reason.

My skin has never felt oily after use - and it feels smooth after wiping off the tonic. You might want to pay attention to the fragrance if that's not your thing - this is not an unscented product so just be aware.

I use this product on a regular basis along with the blemish stick, acne lotion/cream. It's an overall great way to maintain healthy looking skin - although for me it's more about regular blemish management than needing to look like I'm glowing ;-).

Enjoy this solid 4 star product from Burt's Bees!

em michelle phan The Everything CC Care, Conceal & Correct Tinted Makeup, Fair
em michelle phan The Everything CC Care, Conceal & Correct Tinted Makeup, Fair
Price: $23.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not just for women - a good cover up / sunscreen, but with a powerful and unpleasant smell, September 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This product isn't just for women - I regularly need to put on some amount of makeup for television, and being able to combine sunscreen with a coloured concealer was appealing. Here's what I experienced using the product.

Ease of Use: Excellent. The product comes out of the container cleanly onto your fingertip / q-tip / makeup applicator. This particular version is considered "deep" in colour - and I found it to be just a shade darker than my regular skin tone once a thin layer was applied. Putting on more of the product created a shade that started to darken me a bit too much, but in terms of ease - I could adjust the amount of product for the coverage I needed.

Coverup: Good. The product does provide good cover for blemishes, whether incidental or more pronounced. I didn't have any concerns with using it on some minor facial areas that were a bit red. It blended them away with ease and I was able to shade it so it didn't look like I'd put a splotch on my face.

Sunscreen: This is just a bonus for the product - but it's also the primary use of product (see below). If you're outdoors or doing a shoot in the sun, you might as well combine products so you can stay out longer and not worry about a burn. Obviously if you don't use this on your entire face then you're only getting protection on the areas you use it - so for this you need to consider it more than just coverup and use it more broadly.

Removal: Quick and easy with a moist towel or makeup removing cloth. No real problems here.

The smell: Wow. Just wow. I wasn't expecting such an unpleasant and offensive medicinal metallic aroma from the product. My first application was on my entire nose and it was nearly too much to handle. And the smell lingers for a LONG time. There is something in this product that makes it completely unwearable anywhere near your nose. I then tried it on my upper cheeks and again the smell stayed with me. I can understand a product having the scent of makeup, but this went way beyond that into something really unpleasant and irritating. If you are sensitive to makeup scent, I can't recommend this product for you at all.

Finally, this product is billed only as a sunscreen. The active ingredient is titanium dioxide, which you find in lifeguard sunscreen as well. Purpose on the bottle is also listed as sunscreen. You just have the added benefit of it having tint - but that's only a benefit if you want to combine sunscreen with makeup. It's also NOT water resistant, so it's not effective if you're going in the pool or anywhere aquatic.

Overall I can't give this more than 3 stars because it smells so bad it loses most of its value for me. Hopefully some of their other products don't have such an odour that prevents their usefulness.

Mccormick Gluten-Free Taco, 1.25 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Mccormick Gluten-Free Taco, 1.25 Ounce (Pack of 12)

4.0 out of 5 stars A quality, gluten-free product that brings excellent spice to sauces, meats, and more!, August 26, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Let's get started with what's in it, and what's not in it...

First, this product is not dairy-free or sugar-free. You'll find both of these ingredients (the dairy in whey) in the product along with chili pepper, cumin, paprika, oregano, onion, salt, garlic, potato starch, and other natural flavours. There are no wheat products (thus the gluten-free element), but also no soy, corn, or artificial sweeteners.

The product is very easy to use, and I enjoy it with not only a ground beef mix, but also in chili. You can also try this in any tomato-based soup and likely get exceptional results, it really just depends on the type of dish you're going for.

The powder mixture blends easily into a stir fry - I like to brown the meat before adding and then let it really simmer in the mix. For chili it goes right in with the canned and fresh tomato so that it can permeate the entire mix right from the beginning. (You'll find a recipe on the back for a fiesta dip as well as basic meat-based tacos.)

In terms of flavour this is comparable to any standard taco seasoning mix on the market. I don't really notice anything particularly special about it - it's a good and solid flavour and I like it. It's not too spicy, but still packs a nice kick without burning your mouth with heat.

Finally - I'm not sure whether the use of gluten-free is a marketing tool or whether it really makes a difference. You can create your own taco mix with the above mentioned seasonings and adding a gluten element wouldn't change anything at all. Spices are gluten-free naturally...so packaged together you'd expect the same. I'm not a fan of products that would never have gluten to begin with being advertised as gluten-free just for the sake of marketing. But that's more about the packaging, and not the product itself, so take the commentary as you will.

For a solid tasteful and quality product, regardless of the gluten-free aspect, this gets a solid 4 stars. I would like to have seen it without dairy, but I'm glad they didn't use artificial sweeteners or soy products in the making of it.

Windex Blue 26 oz (Pack Of 2)
Windex Blue 26 oz (Pack Of 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Another quality and versatile product, but with cumbersome and excessive packaging..., August 9, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Here's yet another product that needs a review separating the packaging from the product itself.

Let me start with the packaging...wow there is SO MUCH CARDBOARD! It is incredibly time consuming and difficult to get the product out of the packaging which starts with the exterior box...then the interior box...then the cardboard "envelope" around each of the bottles of Windex. There are four pieces of tape to cut (a knife makes that easier), then lots of unfolding and pulling to get the Windex out of the envelope. By the time I was done getting both of these items out I had a pile of cardboard. Go to a regular store and you can grab one of these off the shelf with zero packaging. I understand shipping is different, but for purchasers who might have arthritis or difficulty opening containers, this one is really problematic.

On to the product itself. Windex continues to be a quality brand-name glass cleaner that goes well beyond glass. While it's great for both interior and exterior of your windows (both home and car btw), one of the best uses we have found is cleaning the stove top. When there are oil and grease splatters, and even caked on food stuff, spray a nice heavy coating of windex, let is sit for a few minutes to break down the mess, then wipe it up. Smooth and streak free. This also works beautiful on our counter-tops, but NOT for wood surfaces like a cutting board. It does also do well for my car dashboard and side panels - in these cases I spray the windex directly onto a wash rag and then wipe it down, vs. spraying the product directly onto the dash.

I have also tried this one our clear shower curtains and then just wiping it down - takes care of a lot of the soap scum and fogginess.

So - a continued quality product - versatile for uses on more than just your windows. Just be mindful of the packaging.

Shout Triple-Acting Laundry Trigger 22 oz (Pack Of 3)
Shout Triple-Acting Laundry Trigger 22 oz (Pack Of 3)
Price: $7.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Cumbersome and excessive packaging, but an excellent product inside..., July 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First let's talk about packaging...it's entirely too difficult to open and unpack the box.
Starting with the initial box, you'll find an interior box. Inside that interior box you'll find three additional boxes, each one holding onto a container of Shout. Use a knife to cut all the tape (four pieces) and then fold open the top and bottom of the cardboard. Then pull the bottle spout up and through the ridiculously tight opening and hopefully you'll extricate the product from the cardboard. And enjoy all that cardboard you're left with. In terms of frustration-free packaging - this isn't it. I bring this up because many buyers may not easily be able to remove the product from so many layers of packaging. Just be aware that it's not quick and easy as you might expect, especially as compared to purchasing it at a retail store. But, you're getting 3 at a lower cost, so there's that.

On to the product itself. I'm a big fan of the Shout gel that comes in the small container with the little brushes on top. However, the problem with that product is getting the right amount to come out onto my clothes - it generally comes out in a big glop that I have to spread around and I always feel like I'm wasting product. With the spray version of the product it's much easier to target exactly where I want the product to go, and control the amount/volume that comes out. Either use a minor or a major squeeze of the trigger.

What you don't get of course is the scrubbing brush that you'd have on the gel container version. However, rubbing the fabric of the shirt or pants together does pretty much the same thing for basic stains, or you can keep your gel container around and just use the brush component if needed. So far I haven't noticed ANY difference in the actual cleaning power comparing the gel container variety to the bottle spray variety. Both products get out basic grease/oil stains from clothing (we do a lot of high temp cooking) with just one trip through the wash.

This product gets 4 stars because I want to rate it on the quality of the product itself, with the notation about the cardboard container.

DII Everyday Bamboo Middle Stripe Placemat, Blue, Set of 4
DII Everyday Bamboo Middle Stripe Placemat, Blue, Set of 4
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful placemats - large, and with elegant and tasteful colouring., July 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The first thing that struck me about these bamboo placemats when I unrolled them was the bright blue stitching that runs around them. It's a great colour match to the deep brown bamboo and immediately made me think these would be perfect outside in the spring. However, they really are for everyday use.

The bamboo is strong, durable, and the stitching around the perimetre of the mat is tight and secure. We haven't detected any fraying or breakdown of the product.

The placemats are a large 13"x19" so on our smaller dining table there's a bit of overlap. but on our outdoor table they can fit without touching each other. There's plenty of space on here for full silverware, two glasses, and a plate. Or whatever place setting you need for your particular meal.

Moisture bounces away with ease and condensation from a glass is easily managed with a quick swipe of a paper towel.

Roll them up after drying for easy storage in a drawer and you're ready to go for your next party.

A solid 4 stars for product styling (deep brown with blue accent), quality of the surrounding stitch, and ease of use.

Timbuk2 Spin Messenger Bag, Carbon/Carbon Ripstop, X-Small/Small
Timbuk2 Spin Messenger Bag, Carbon/Carbon Ripstop, X-Small/Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable bag with impressive construction with great storage space, July 18, 2014
Durable bag with impressive construction - that's the first point of this messenger bag from Timbuk2.

I chose the x-small / small version which is about 13" wide and 11" tall when sitting upright. It is a perfect size for an android tablet or ipad, or ipad mini and a bunch of other stuff. There is one access point for the bag, and that's the large front flap which is connected via velcro. No snaps or clasps to deal with, just tug on the flap and it pulls away from the velcro on the front of the bag.

You'll find a small pocket on the front, suitable for wallet / keys / cell phone / iPod / etc.

Inside there are two primary spaces, plus additional pockets for smaller items. The only pocket with a zipper closure is the one just underneath the flap.

The strap for your shoulder is adjustable quite easily with the clip on the side. It claims to have a feature where you adjust it once and never have to again because it remembers where it was, but that's sort of what I would expect of any strap on a messenger bag. But, it works as advertised.

The bag is durable, water resistant, and very tough. I have no concerns about this thing protecting my electronics and other stuff inside the bag.

Quality construction and durability, but ample room on the inside make this a solid 4 star messenger bag.

InterDesign Axis Wall Mount Tie/Belt Rack, Chrome
InterDesign Axis Wall Mount Tie/Belt Rack, Chrome
Price: $11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install, supports belts and ties, quick and simple and priced well, July 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Quick and easy installation on this product and works as advertised.

The rack installs on a wall or door (I chose the wall inside my closet) with two screws (which are not included). I used a level to make sure it was even and had no problem getting it affixed.

You've got a variety of hanger styles on here from the outside long hangers to the inside short and flat hangers. These are great for belts on the outsides and ties on the insides so that your tie can lay flat across when it hangs (it's sized so that half-way down your tie is the best place to hang - plus that keeps it more even).

The chrome finish is consistent across the product; the screw holes are well tooled; the hangers are also consistently tooled and chromed. I did not see any quality issues with the product, even though packaging is not designed for protection (three twist ties hold it onto a cardboard backing).

Zero issues using the product with about 3 of my belts and a LOT of ties. I actually have more ties than will fit on this so likely going to grab another one to go next to it so I can see all my ties easily instead of hanging them on top of each other.

No problems, and a solid 4 stars for ease of installation and product behaving as expected.

DII 100-percent Polyester, Damask, Machine Washable Tablecloth Wine 52 x 70"
DII 100-percent Polyester, Damask, Machine Washable Tablecloth Wine 52 x 70"
Price: $14.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive design, thick material, holds up well to moisture, washes easily, June 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The 100% Polyester tablecloth in wine colour and flourish pattern is a nice addition to my more "formal" table decor. The flourish pattern in the material is tasteful and although across the entire tablecloth, does not get in the way or feel overdone.

The Wine colour of the fabric is pleasing for a formal table - maybe not so much for casual use. White dishes look really nice against it, as does chrome / silver settings. Note that just like many tablecloths of this style - water goblets that sweat will create dark water spots. They evaporate quickly, however, and I haven't really had an issue with it since generally I wash the tablecloth after the meal.

Speaking of washing - the tablecloth has held its shape and size after washing, with no noticed shrinkage or pinching of the fabric. I always wash these on cold delicate setting with biodegradable detergent. Never use bleach and don't dry it on hot settings.

The fabric is durable and completely appropriate for a rectangular outdoor table as well as indoor. It doesn't slide around much on the table, nor does it snag.

Overall a quality product with a solid 4 stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20