Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Heath Buckmaster > Reviews

Browse

Heath Buckmaster's Profile

Customer Reviews: 307

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Heath Buckmaster "_heath_" RSS Feed (Sacramento, CA USA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Horizon Organic Mac Cheese, Macaroni and White Cheddar, 6 Ounce (Pack of 12)
Horizon Organic Mac Cheese, Macaroni and White Cheddar, 6 Ounce (Pack of 12)

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid gluten-free product that tastes good, but could use a bit more in the package, August 27, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm pretty impressed with this product in terms of taste, consistency, texture, and quality.
It's packaged just like you'd expect from a mac and cheese product - and I'm a big fan of white cheddar so even better.

Unlike what you get from a Kraft brand, this one does have less product inside - which isn't necessarily a BAD thing, but it's not the same amount that you're going to get from a regular brand, just be aware.

One of the things that I've found to be helpful is the recipe recommendation - who reads these anymore really - but this one is worthwhile. While the pasta is draining, mix your butter, cheese product, and milk (I use coconut milk for a creamier and non-dairy option) in the hot pan. Once you've created a cheese sauce then pour in your pasta and you'll get a much more even spread of the cheese mix.

In terms of texture - I've found that if you cook it for about 8 minutes vs. 10 for normal pasta you'll get just the right al dente that you want. Each item is consistent - I've ordered several boxes and the product is the same across the board in terms of taste and texture. I like consistency.

Overall a solid 4 stars, but this isn't family style, so if you're looking to feed several people you need to get multiple boxes of this. I'm going to keep buying more as an every-so-often indulgence.

DII Bone Dry Stripe Embroidered Paw Print Pet Mat for Food, Water, Treats in Microfiber for Maximum Absorbency, Gray
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid and well constructed pet mat that can go right into the wash when it's time to clean, August 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What do you get in the package? One "Bone Dry" pet mat, perfect for use underneath a food or water bowl.

Although this product has a dog bone image on it, we're using it right underneath a cat's water bowl. Several bowls can actually fit nicely on this mat - so you can use it for food and water, water and milk, just food, just water, or whatever your need might be.

We have a cat that is up there in years and sometimes gets a little clumsy around the water dish or the saucer of milk. This is perfect for keeping spills contained to the mat vs. the milk or water streaming across the kitchen floor when it gets tipped over. It's super easy to clean because you can toss it right into the washing machine along with your towels or dishrags. I haven't used chlorine bleach on it, but a non-chlorine bleach product works just fine with no issues. Toss in the dryer on a lower to medium heat setting and you're good to go for the next week.

It's meant to get stuff on it, so I haven't worried about whether it's going to stain or not - and so far there haven't been any.

A solid 4 star product that looks nice, doesn't take up a huge amount of space, is easy to clean, and keeps the spills contained.

Dove Men+Care Styling Paste, Fortifying 1.75 oz
Dove Men+Care Styling Paste, Fortifying 1.75 oz
Price: $6.89
26 used & new from $5.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid hair styling product that keeps hair looking great but doesn't look like grease, August 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What we have here is a pretty solid product, and I don't just mean how well it holds my hair.

What you'll find inside the lovely grey container is a white paste that has the consistency of creamy putty. It's not like a typical gel product that feels gooey and sticky - it's a paste that when rubbed in your hands will make it look like you've just dipped them into white paint. But don't fear, it goes on without leaving any trace of colour in your hair or on your hands.

Emulsification of the product is nice - it does NOT clump like a gel product does, which means once you start working it through your hair you aren't going to walk away with bits of clumped together hair that are obviously adhered with gel. This isn't Something About Mary.

The hold is effect all day long - I use this right out of the shower on damp hair which I've found gives the best results. If your hair is too dry, just moisten your hands before applying the paste and you'll get the same result. It holds without looking greasy. No one wants that slick back look these days (well, if you do, try a different product) and this one doesn't disappoint. I also found that it doesn't leave my hair "crunchy" like many maximum hold gels do. It's just a nice quality firm hold.

This product is one that I'm planning to keep in my bathroom cabinet and use regularly. A solid 5 stars for product consistency and texture, quality, and ease of use.

Hill's Science Diet Perfect Weight Cat Food Can, Minced Chicken & Vegetables, 2.9-Ounce, 24-Pack
Price: $25.99
4 used & new from $25.99

3.0 out of 5 stars The cats aren't too thrilled about this mixture, although it seems well balanced and healthy, July 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The product is called "Perfect Weight Cat Food" and is designed for your adult cat to eat to maintain a healthy weight.

One of our cats is well overweight, the under is underweight (but is very old). I decided to try this one out because they've had science diet for years as an alternative to Iams and Fancy Feast and this one looked healthy. The product has the consistence of a pate, although a little less held together than I expected. It's mushy and falls apart very easily - the best way I can describe it is that it seems "whipped" in texture / consistency.

The product appears healthy - it has lots of colours and ingredients that should give your feline the nutrition they need - no concerns about product health. But for some reason the cats are not thrilled about this product. They don't devour it like they do with Fancy Feast or Iams brand products. Sometimes I watch their behaviour and it seems like they eat it begrudgingly.

There's not any vomit - they keep it down and eventually eat the entire bowl, but they aren't gung-ho about it. So for that reason this one loses points for me. I want something that has more of a pate consistency - tight together and chunky vs. mushy. And for the healthiness aspect, the cats just aren't diggin' it.

Hefty Ultra Flex Maximum Strength Drawstring Bags, 30 Gallon, 14 Count
Hefty Ultra Flex Maximum Strength Drawstring Bags, 30 Gallon, 14 Count
Offered by Success Marketing
Price: $6.79
9 used & new from $6.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, flexible, holds tons of stuff, I've already created a subscribe and save for more, June 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Strong bags - that's what you get with the Hefty Ultra Flex.

If there is one thing I would like different from this one is more bags in the box. 14 is a strange number - maybe it's so you can use one per day and get through two weeks, but I don't go through that much trash.

Aside from that, these bags are perfect for a variety of needs - but two specifically that I've been really pleased with.

First, recycling. We tend to have more recycle than trash, because we're pretty picky about making sure trash is actual trash and has no possibility of recycling. That's mostly food waste that doesn't get composted, or things that are clearly not going to be recycled. That means we have a TON of plastic, paper, and metal that needs to get stored for two weeks before the recycle bin gets picked up. The hefty ultra flex provides a HUGE amount of storage room for these things, and it does tear even when we put in cardboard boxes or metal cat food cans with sharp lids. It's easy to tie up and then easy to throw into the recycle bin. And it has TONS of stretching room - you can really fill it up.

Second, yard waste gathering. If you live in an area that requires you to put yard waste in a bin, that can sometimes be a pain especially if you have lots of leaves or small branches to gather up. These bags are perfect and reusable to scoop up yard waste, dump it in the bin, then go back for more. The reusability of bags without them tearing apart is great - and you'll find that several trips can be made using the same bag - then use the bag for regular trash or recycle and you're good to go. I hate having a bunch of waste and we try to reuse things as much as we can - so why not your "trash" bag?

Overall a solid 5 star product which is strong, durable, flexible, reusable, and is now on my subscribe and save list every single month.

KIND Healthy Grains Granola Bars, Popped Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt, 1.2oz bars, 15 Count
Price: $8.07
3 used & new from $8.07

4.0 out of 5 stars Tasty, not too sweet, easy to eat and the right amount for an afternoon snack., June 21, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What you get: a KIND Healthy Grains popped dark chocolate with sea salt snack bar, which is gluten free, non-GMO, and contains 6 super grains.

The product is called a "granola bar" but don't expect it to be as thick as your typical granola bar. This one is pretty flat and more square shaped, which personally I think helps make it easier to chew than a granola bar. The taste is pretty mild actually - it doesn't overwhelm with chocolate or sea salt. It doesn't taste like it's filled with sugar (good - in fact sugar is way down on the ingredient list), and it's got a nice texture. I ate the entire bar in one sitting (it's only 1.2 oz so it's not like you're eating a meal).

Since I'm regularly looking for gluten-free snack options - this one actually works quite well. For an afternoon snack when I'm feeling peckish but don't want to be overwhelmed with sweet - this works. I would like a bit more of a bold chocolate and sea salt flavour, but it does seem to go well with all the whole grains and doesn't make me feel like I'm eating candy.

I will give this a solid 4 stars - and would purchase it for regular healthy snack use.

AmazonBasics 19-Inch Two-Door Top-Load Pet Kennel
AmazonBasics 19-Inch Two-Door Top-Load Pet Kennel
Price: $22.99

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting carrier with two pet loading options - secure, but difficult to assemble - fits medium and small cats, June 21, 2015
What you get in the box:
Carrier top (including top access door) & bottom
Front gated door
12 screws and nuts (you will only use 6 in the assembly)
Instruction papers
Lots of plastic and tape

A note on shipping: On my particular order it took one month to arrive. Generally I don't see amazon products taking this long - so it has taken me some time to get the product and prepare a review.

The product seems well-tooled. The top and bottom sections fit into each other with only minimal effort, and the instructions are easy to follow to get them connected. Putting the front door on is easy to do and the mechanism has gentle moving springs that allow for one handed front-door operation (I point this out because nothing else on this carrier can be done with just one hand).

After fitting the top into the bottom and connecting the front door, you'll fold down the four plastic flaps on the sides and lock them into place. This seems to be an unnecessary component to the product, as you will next be screwing the top into the bottom with six provided screws and nuts. In essence this gives you six screw-based locks and four plastic locks. Completely unnecessary and time consuming - and for those of you who want to take the carrier apart for easier storage, the screw-based locking is a showstopper.

You will also see from the attached pictures that the screws are ridiculously hard to install - you have to push the nut into the bottom and hold it in place with a finger while you screw the screw in from the top side, making sure the nut doesn't fall out in the process. There are six of these to do - three on each side, however, you're provided 12 of them in the shipment, so I guess you can find another reason to use screws somewhere else.
If you want the ability to remove the top from the bottom for easy storage DO NOT install the screws, otherwise you'll have to unscrew 6 of them just to dismantle the box for cleaning or storage. Based on what I've seen, using the four plastic locking tabs is sufficient for a medium or small cat to stay secure inside the box.

Moving on to the top entrance door - this was a selling feature on the carrier so that you can load the pet in from the top or front. Problem is that it takes multiple hands and is not easy to open. On the top you'll see two spring-based levers that you have to pull forward. They do fit well into the recessed area, but unless you have tiny fingers they are not easy to get back out again. If you open one side then it opens like a door (vs. removing it completely from the top) which is nice, but the door doesn't stay open (keeps falling back closed) so you'll have to hold that open while trying to get your pet inside. This is a neat design in concept, but in actual use it's easier said than done.

The front-loading door is what you would expect from a pet carrier. Works every time and opens and closes smoothly. I haven't had any issues getting a cat into and out of the front. On the top I find it easier to completely remove the top door vs. opening it from one side only.

It's plastic so it's easy to wash out if your pet has a mess inside (which happens more often than not at our house). There are plenty of air vents all around the sides and top so your pet gets good air flow while traveling, but also some privacy. I generally put a small towel in the bottom of the carrier just to give them more comfort on a quick trip.

So overall I'm taking two stars away for the product being very difficult to assemble, having unnecessary locking elements on the sides, being unable to very quickly take it apart for cleaning, and for the top door being difficult to manage whether removing completely or lifting a single side.

I think there was some real possibility here for a clever product that allows flexibility in pet loading...but it seems overthought and overworked. I will continue to use it without the screw-based locking, and rarely using the top access door.
Comment Comment | Permalink

DII Elegant, Modern Flower Blossom Lace, Machine Washable Window Curtain Treatment, White, 50x63" - Set of 2
Price: $19.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing quality, inconsistent stitching across the entire product, poorly constructed, barely passable as a curtain, June 13, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What you get: two "floral design" lace curtains.

Opening the package is very easy. Unzip the top and pull the curtains out. They are wrapped around a long piece of folded cardboard and are easy to remove.

As you are unwrapping them from the cardboard, the first thing you're going to notice is how insubstantial they are. It's basically white fishnet with a floral pattern. The scalloped edges are poorly cut/tooled and mine were already quite frayed right out of the package. The work appears sloppy. I assume it is done by machine...but it looks like the knives must have been dull the day that mine went through the factory. Bits of fabric on the sides and bottom are completely uneven and look a mess.

The material has a bit of a waxy feel to it, but otherwise feels sort of like 1-ply toilet paper. The stitching around the edges is uneven, sloppy, and sad.

Since they are lace - do not expect ANY amount of light coverage from these. They are barely there and will not provide any darkness for your room if that's what you're interested in. As for privacy, they don't offer privacy either.

The curtain rod sleeve at the top is uneven and poorly stitched. I took a ruler and measured the width in random places across the top and found up to a 1/4th in variance back and forth all the way across. This is less noticeable once you put the curtains up - but given the other quality issues I'm not sure you're going to leave them up for very long.

If you are looking for a cheap, poorly constructed, floral lace accent curtain then this might work for you. If you want quality, light coverage, privacy, or something that actual looks nice...move on to something else.

Colgate Enamel Health Whitening Toothpaste, Clean Mint Paste, 5.5 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Offered by General Wholesale Warehouse
Price: $22.00
11 used & new from $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid cleaning toothpaste, texture / consistency means less waste and better brushing. Great clean fresh minty taste too., May 16, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There's something very specific about this toothpaste that really sold it for me.

That's usually hard to say - because it's toothpaste. After this many decades of products you really don't differentiate on anything other than texture and taste. They _all_ whiten your teeth. They _all_ are designed to remove plaque and stains. So companies seem to be almost desperate to switch things up so you'll buy a new product. Look, we all use toothpaste (well hopefully) and as long as you're using something consistently and seeing a dentist you should be fine.

But...there is something that has always irritated me about many toothpastes and that is the texture and how it "holds up" to brushing. Frankly I don't care much about taste - mint is fine, coolness is fine, whatever is fine. But when I put the toothpaste on my toothbrush I want it to stay there and I want it to hold its consistency during the course of brushing and cleaning. That's where this product from Colgate shines for me.

The product has a translucent white colour, with a texture unlike other pastes I've tried. This not only helps with brushing, but also with making the tube itself more clean. I haven't noticed any glops of toothpaste clinging to the dispenser. Every other toothpaste in a squeeze tube is a MESS - but this one isn't. The consistency of the paste keeps it from sticking and glopping to the container - and that's winning for me.

When I put it in my mouth it doesn't immediately break up and fall out into the sink. It holds together and clings to my teeth for brushing. Again, winning. I feel like I'm wasting less of this product to the sink, and keeping more of it in my mouth for brushing.

I do realize that differentiating a toothpaste seems a bit strange these days - but this is a product I can actually say I would get again for no other reason than the texture/consistency of the product. Yes it has a great (and light) minty coolness - but the selling point for me is that translucent white solid texture, which means less mess, and better mouthfeel for brushing.

This one gets a full five stars from me.

DII 100% Polyester Wrinkle Resistant Wide Tablecloth, 70 by 84-Inch, Light Blue, Seats 6 to 8 People
Price: $20.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A large tablecloth that is easy to clean and easy to wash, May 16, 2015
What do you get?
A large tablecloth that will fit many sizes of table but is designed for a larger one since it's 70x84 inches.

I put this on a smaller 4x3 tall table and it draped pretty far down the sides. That's great when you are using it for serving with guests over, but for sitting at the table for normal dining it's a bit too large and lays on your lap while you sit. That's not the fault of the tablecloth, it's just something to be aware of if you don't use this on a table large enough to accommodate 70x84 inches of fabric.

The most important thing for me is easy cleanup with a variety of spills. That could be random bits of food, oil from a salad dressing, or the always enjoyable wine spill. These things do happen, and getting a moist cloth to quickly wipe it up is generally good for this tablecloth. It also holds up well in the washer.

After several cycles, it has always come out with minimal wrinkles (I don't like using fabric softener with a tablecloth since it's going to be right where my food is), and I have not noticed any pulling or stretching of the fabric. Doesn't seem to be shrinking in the wash (I always wash on cold), and even with a colour-safe non-chlorine bleach it holds the colour (which in this case is a sort of shiny blue patterned look).

The best use for this particular tablecloth, for me, is in outdoor use on a 6 foot table. It provides good coverage and looks nice in the spring because of the bright blue. You can then just shake it off (if you haven't spilled anything major on it) and fold it up for the next time.

Overall a solid product, so I'm giving it 4 stars for looks, ability to do quick cleanup, and its durability in the washing machine and dryer over the course of several cycles.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20