Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more
Profile for Q. X. Agerate > Reviews

Browse

Q. X. Agerate's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Q. X. Agerate RSS Feed

35 Tips for Students to Succeed in Corporate America
35 Tips for Students to Succeed in Corporate America
by Sharon Hill
Price: $17.95
38 used & new from $11.24

1.0 out of 5 stars 35 Completely Obvious Things Everyone Already Knew (Now with race issues!), September 24, 2014
What a useless book. All her tips basically boil down to "don't be unpleasant," and "be a team player." She also pretty much promotes racism by telling you to associate with other people because they're a different race, not on any other merit they may have. Nice, right?

This book is a notorious waste of paper, especially when each of her tips are usually less than a whole page, and there's a picture and a title for each tip. Save paper, and listen to my tip: do not buy.

Chia Cat Grass Planter Featuring Sylvester & Tweety, 1 Kit
Chia Cat Grass Planter Featuring Sylvester & Tweety, 1 Kit
Offered by MR DO'S DISCOUNTS
Price: $19.98
7 used & new from $18.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to but teaches bad habits, January 30, 2014
I got this as a Christmas present and was excited to have an overlap of my two main interests - horticulture and animals.

I followed the directions and planted it. The first thing that bugged me was how cheap looking and unattractive the planter is - Sylvester doesn't even have pupils on my planter. However, the grass grew quickly, as the packaging promised. My cats enjoyed eating it, but would get a bit destructive after a while, pulling seeds and roots from the planter.

I quickly found there was nowhere I could put the grass that it would grow, but the cats couldn't reach, which proved problematic as the cats would get up on the counter to eat the grass. When they had eaten all the grass, they decided to munch on my other greenery - my Christmas cactus and jade plant.

Now that my cats have learned to eat my plants, I wish I never planted the cat grass. It'll be harder to make my cats stop eating my other plants than it was to grow the stupid cat grass.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2014 12:00 PM PST

Hometown Story
Hometown Story
4 used & new from $39.99

1.0 out of 5 stars The one game that wont hold your hand when it needs to, November 21, 2013
This review is from: Hometown Story (Video Game)
Garbage. After a very short tutorial, the game throws you into the world. And never explains itself again. I really wanted to like this game seeing as it's from the same people that did Harvest Moon, with music by Nobuo Uematsu. However...

The shop part of the game is extremely shallow. You leave the store whenever you feel like it with no consequence. The store is never closed. In addition to running this shop you're apparently supposed to go out every so often to look for cutscenes which will give backstory on the characters in the game. This is pretty much all the gameplay there is.
Uematsu's music is great, except the fact that there's only like 4 songs, and they play on repeat. FOREVER. Be prepared to have the shop song stuck in your head for the rest of your life.

Camera angles are terrible.

I thought one of the trailers showed you fishing, but you can't. No fishing, no farming, no mining, just standing in the store all day with a dead look on your eyes.

Marriage is quite difficult and complicated. Which is fine because all the residents, marriageable or not look like 12 year old children and I'm not into that.

If you don't rely on video game boards to walk you through how to play the game (gamefaqs, etc) you will probably lose interest after about an hour. If you're like me and try to give the game time and supplement that with help from boards, you might get 5 hours of some enjoyment out of it. Only the truly insane can like this game.

Personally, I just went and bought Rune Factory 4 after attempting to play this piece of garbage, which turned out to be a better buy.

About the plush - it's cute but TINY. Less than six inches tall. Into the collection it goes, I guess.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2014 2:15 PM PDT

Skinneeez Duck Cat Toy, 3" Assorted Sold Individually
Skinneeez Duck Cat Toy, 3" Assorted Sold Individually
Price: $5.64
22 used & new from $0.30

5.0 out of 5 stars The worst part about this toy was losing it, August 22, 2012
My cat loves this duck. She carries it just about everywhere, or well, she did until we lost it and can't find it. Probably will be ordering her more at some point. I would even throw this and she'd grab it and bring it back for me to throw some more... She's never loved a toy more.

Galaxy Express
Galaxy Express
VHS
2 used & new from $27.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite (kid's) movie, January 14, 2007
This review is from: Galaxy Express (VHS Tape)
I recently borrowed this video from a friend, and immediately fell in love with it. I had seen Interstella 5555, which is drawn by the same person, and loved the art.

The story of Galaxy Express is beautiful and sad. You won't be so quick to forget the things that happen, and the people that Joey (main character) encounters in his journey across the galaxy.

I only wish I had my own copy!

Elite Beat Agents NDS
Elite Beat Agents NDS
Offered by Sport and Hound 2
Price: $28.99
138 used & new from $7.26

4.0 out of 5 stars DDR For the Hands, December 27, 2006
This review is from: Elite Beat Agents NDS (Video Game)
I had no intentions of picking up this game until I was in Target and playing it on their display DS. Immediately I found myself liking the game, even though I didn't really understand how to play. Once I found out the extremely simple to learn controls, I played the first level.

One of the things that attracted me to the game was the art and animation. On the lower screen, you have three agents in 3-D, and on the top screen are characters in the same style as the Wario-Wares characters. You have to play songs and hit the notes in time to the music in order to make the people happy. Every once in a while, you'll get a break and watch a scene where good things (or bad things, depending on how you did) happen to your characters.

The game itself is quite difficult, much like playing DDR, except you use your hands. If it gets too easy, too, there are other difficulty modes, and I've got a feeling there's a lot more to unlock.

The only thing I wasn't so impressed with about this game was the music selection. I would have preferred them to pick songs like those in DDR instead of having pop hits like "Sk8er Boi." I know I probably won't ever play the level with "Sk8er Boi" again just because I simply hate that song.

So if you love crazy games that keep your toes moving in time to the beat, definitely pick this one up.