Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th
Profile for Babis > Reviews

Browse

Babis' Profile

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Babis RSS Feed (WI, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3L-1600 SODIMM Memory for Mac (CT2K8G3S160BM )
Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR3L-1600 SODIMM Memory for Mac (CT2K8G3S160BM )
Price: $53.99
178 used & new from $49.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Can damage your macbook pro?, August 9, 2013
I installed the 16 GB kit on a new MacBook Pro (mid 2012 model, purchased July 2013). Everything seemed fine initially. But when I booted into the Windows 8 (bootcamp) partition, and tried a new Windows experience index benchmark, the test could not be completed and always failed during RAM testing. This had not occurred with the factory installed RAM. I then ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic and, although it passed the Standard test, it failed the Extended test (freezes during the test and never completes it).

So, before installing the unsupported 16 GB or RAM on a MacBook Pro, please be aware that the RAM may fail on the Windows side, even if it passes tests on the Apple side.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars My Irritable Bowel Syndrome is finally in remission, April 12, 2011
I do not understand why this amazing bacteria strain is not more popular. The only drawbacks are the price, the need for refrigeration, and the short shelf life (two months) but other than that they have been almost miraculous for me. In short, they have put my IBS into semi-permanent remission, without side-effects, and I do not even have to take them regularly any more.

According to a journal article by Michael Schultz, MD titled "Clinical use of E. coli Nissle 1917 in inflammatory bowel disease", this particularly high-grade E. coli strain was discovered in 1917, during WW I, by the German microbiologist Alfred Nissle, who managed to isolate it from the feces of an officer who did not succumb to any of the intestinal disorders then highly prevalent in southeastern Europe.

Several such journal publications have demonstrated that this strain is as effective as medication (mesalazine), but without any of the side effects. After a course of accutane, I suffered from increasingly painful attacks of irritable bowel syndrome which would keep me in the bathroom all day. So I did some research and asked my gastroenterologist if I could try this strain. He said he gives probiotics to many of his patients and gave me the green light.

I tried it and it has worked beautifully. My IBS went into complete remission within the first week. I must say I used it together with Ganeden BC30, which helped my intestinal flora normalize faster. I only had another attack of IBS during a course of antibiotics (for a tooth problem), which is not that surprising, and the IBS went into remission again after the course. My gastroenterologist said the probiotics will keep protecting me as long as I take them, and it is safe to take as much or as for long as I want. The intestine simply excretes the extra bacteria if they are too many.

After the first couple of months, I did not even have to use them regularly any more. I now just use a maintenance dose a few times per week. The E. coli Nissle 1917 seem to have formed a nice intestinal colony that protects from foreign pathogenic invaders... Now, if only I could find similar cure for the other side-effects accutane has blessed me with...
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2012 2:42 PM PDT

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful if you have allergies, December 20, 2010
First of all, I do not mean to scare anyone. Since I do not see any information on this happening to anyone, I assume this has only happened to me, and chances are you will not have the same problem, but here are my $0.02. I tried SCIFIT L-Tyrosine some time ago, and a few minutes after swallowing the capsule I had an anaphylactic shock. My eyes got red and I could not breath. It was scary but fortunately only lasted a minute. I am not sure if it was this particular brand or an allergy in L-Tyrosine in general that caused this reaction, but taking more to find out is not worth the risk. And since I have not ever had a reaction to protein powders (containing L-Tyrosine plus other aminoacids), there are two possibilities. Either: a) L-Tyrosine should not be taken alone in free form, outside of a protein molecule (as is true for some other aminoacids), or b) there was a problem with one of the ingredients in the SCIFIT L-Tyrosine capsules. That is my honest opinion.

Bruno
Bruno
DVD ~ Sacha Baron Cohen
Offered by Chery Enterprises
Price: $6.35
335 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Never loughed so hard in a movie theater, November 17, 2010
This review is from: Bruno (DVD)
If you are prudent or uptight, you will probably not like this movie. If you are laid back, there is a good change you will find it very funny. If you like the trailer, you will like the movie even more. I have never laughed so hard in a movie theater, both me and my friends were holding our stomachs and crying laughing.
By the way, some reviews are missing the point: the movie is not gay nor anti-gay. This movie is not intended to open prudent people up. It is intended to shock them, so that we can lough at their funny uncomfortable faces. It is intended to satirize the hypocrisy in their "correct" behavior. Unfortunately, you either get it or you don't.

Say Yes [feat. ASM]
Say Yes [feat. ASM]

5.0 out of 5 stars The instrumental version rocks, November 10, 2010
This review is from: Say Yes [feat. ASM] (MP3 Music)
I listened to this on Pandora and I was hooked, I just had to purchase it.
I especially like the instrumental version of the song (#3). There are also
other excellent albums of Wax Tailor out there, I am glad I discovered this
artist.

Wireless Router w/ WiFi Range Extender Mode (300 Mbps) by Medialink - Easy YouTube Setup Video (Part# MWNWAPR300N )
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $39.99
15 used & new from $15.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Seconds for setup, milliseconds for downloads, October 6, 2010
I was a little hesitant to order this router since there was no other review, but the price was lower than other wireless G routers, so I thought I would give this N router a try. So far, I am glad I did. I am writing this review from my laptop using the wireless connection right now.

PROS:
-Price (paid $[...] on 10/2/2010)
-Easy setup. The wired connection was instant, all I had to do was plug the cables. The wireless connection was also a breeze and took two minutes with the included CD wizard.
-Speed! My local network connection is 100Mbps, so I selected this router which is slightly faster (150Mbps wireless / 100Mbps wired) in order to avoid bottlenecks. I am getting download speeds ~0.9 MBytes / second wired and ~ 1.1MBbytes / second wireless with this router, i.e. as fast as I was getting when plugged directly to the network.
-Streams movies without problems.

CONS:
No problems so far. If you like solving problems you may be disappointed.

I have had this router for less than a day, which is not long enough to know if it is stable, but so far so good. I have not tried VOIP yet, but I will update if any problems arise.

UPDATE: VOIP works without problems too. I have had the router for 5 days and still no problems. It performs so well, I have almost forgotten it is there.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2013 12:30 PM PDT

Mesrine 1 & 2 (2008, France) *ULTIMATE* 4 Disc Set (R0)
Mesrine 1 & 2 (2008, France) *ULTIMATE* 4 Disc Set (R0)
12 used & new from $25.76

5.0 out of 5 stars So much more than your typical gangster movie..., September 24, 2010
I was looking for this disk set for a long time and finally got a hold of it from a public library.
This movie is based on the true life of Jacques Mesrine, which you can read about on wikipedia.
As usual in French cinema, the characters have real personalities and are not one-dimensional puppets.
The movie is full of intense action and suspense but there is no exaggeration, most of it really happened.
To quote Samuel Le Bihan: "True, there are gunshots and chases, but it's not an American blockbuster
where bridges explode and buildings fall, and that's the beauty of it. Making this movie believable
is really expensive..."

Iron Man (Single-Disc Edition)
Iron Man (Single-Disc Edition)
DVD ~ Robert Downey Jr.
Offered by ACE MEDIA DIRECT
Price: $8.89
290 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of eyecandy. Shallow storyline., September 20, 2010
The movie had lots of pretty visuals. And that's about it. A five-year old child could write a more imaginative scenario & dialogues. Spoiler: The line "give me an American cheeseburger" by Stark upon his return from captivity in Afghanistan, after which he is shown eating Burger King, seemed really cheap to me. It demonstrates what the movie is all about. If you are oblivious to propaganda and advertising, then you may enjoy this movie. Just my $0.02.

PS: I did read the comic book as a kid and was a fan, whis is why I was disappointed with the cheap pseudo-patriotic "American cheeseburger" lines, the cliche Afghan terrorist stereotypes, and the rest of the shallow plot. The comic book used to be much more cult and intelligent than that...
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2013 8:15 AM PST

Cross Refills Black Dual Pack Rollerball Pen - 8523-2
Cross Refills Black Dual Pack Rollerball Pen - 8523-2
Offered by Marketfair Stationery
Price: $8.49
17 used & new from $7.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Occasionally skips, August 2, 2010
I got a cross pen as a gift and quickly needed refills.
When I try to write on certain kinds of paper, such as notepads from staples,
the pen occasionally skips and I have to rewrite certain things at least 10 times/page.
This gets irritating, and I was ready to give the item 1 star. But before doing so,
I googled "how to unstick a ball point pen" and ehow gave me a nice solution:
Tap the ballpoint of the pen on a hard surface. Now it is much better, but still
skips a couple of times per page. It is ironic that a pentel pen with liquid gel ink,
that I got for $1, works much more smoothly and does not skip at all...
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2015 5:52 PM PDT

Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 - Sony PSP
Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 - Sony PSP
Offered by Rocky Hills
Price: $34.90
10 used & new from $0.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, addictive soccer simulation, January 14, 2010
PROS
-A true soccer simulation with great gameplay (much better than FIFA).
-Great 3D graphics (as good as FIFA although that is a matter of taste).
-You can play Champions League, World Cup, European Cup, Copa America etc.

CONS
-Not all teams and players are licenced, so some names and logos are not the
true ones, but you can edit them or find edited option files online to fix that.
-No commentary, except when a goal is scored, but I do not mind this.
(In fact, I typically turn commentary off in soccer games because it annoys me.
Besides, hearing only the ball and the crowd gives the impression that you are
in a stadium seat rather than on your couch).

In conclusion, I find PES to be one of the best soccer simulations and definitely
the best on PSP so far. Its gameplay is very enjoyable, addictive and realistic.
FIFA may have commentary, officially licensed team and player data, but when
it comes to the essence I find the gameplay in PES to be way ahead.

Page: 1 | 2