Profile for C, Radical > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C, Radical RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Food To Live ® BRAZIL NUTS (Whole, Shelled, Raw, Unsalted, Natural) (2 Pounds)
Food To Live ® BRAZIL NUTS (Whole, Shelled, Raw, Unsalted, Natural) (2 Pounds)
Offered by Food To Live ®
Price: $18.72
2 used & new from $15.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Will buy them again..., March 8, 2015
Fresh, nicely packaged in a resealable bag. Will buy them again.

Organic Dandelion Root Roasted C/S
Organic Dandelion Root Roasted C/S
Offered by Green Valley Health Market LLC
Price: $36.68
3 used & new from $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be a bit more roasted....., January 3, 2015
This is only the second time I have ever purchased dandelion root for tea. The first time was right before purchasing this product, when I bought some tea bags filled with roasted dandelion root. I wanted to see if I liked it before committing to a pound. I ended up liking the tea from the roasted dandelion tea bags, so I ordered this pound.

Although I found this product to be of good quality, well packaged, and tasted good, it took me awhile to figure out why I liked it less than the packaged tea bags I had purchased. I finally determined, after comparing the color of each side by side, and chewing on the granules of each, that this Starwest product is just not quite roasted enough for my liking. (Like I have a lot of experience to go on!! :-) I ended up roasting it more myself and ended up very happy.

So, although as a product I could easily assign it five stars for quality, I chose one star less because this is so lightly roasted it seems like a misnomer to have indicated it is roasted. Matter of preference. However, this won't keep me from buying it again if I can't find a darker roasted root.

Stur - Variety Pack (5pck) - ALL-NATURAL Stevia Water Enhancer ......makes 100 8oz. servings - drink mix. Non-GMO, natural fruit flavor, natural stevia leaf extract, sugar-free, calorie-free, preservative-free, 100% Vitamin C, liquid stevia drops. **Family Business, Happiness Guaranteed**
Offered by SturDrinks
Price: $19.95
11 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be happier with this product!, September 28, 2014
My 14 year old son loves them. He is the major Stur drinker in our house....fills his water bottle with Stur before he heads out for his day at high school. He originally started using the 'water enhancers' of another common brand, and I frowned on them because of the noxious ingredient list, not the least of which are food dyes like Red #40. I found Stur here on Amazon and was a bit concerned when reading the reviews because a few writers complained that they had to use more Stur in their water to get a flavor strength equivalent to the other (noxious) brands. This, together with the fact that Stur is more expensive than the noxious brands, made me slow to order, and I wasn't really pushed into it until my son ran out of his noxious brands.

Well, I'm happy to report that not only does my (very picky) son love these (although he hasn't worked his way through all the flavors in the variety pack yet), but he says he uses the same amount of Stur as he was used to using with the noxious brand. So, I don't know whether the reviewers complaining of the weak flavor were just being overly picky, or if Stur really did what they stated in a card they included with my shipment: that the flavors were now more concentrated. Of course, based on my son's reaction to Stur, it appears that the flavors must truly be more concentrated.

In short, I couldn't be happier with Stur. Both the ingredient list and the flavors are great, which, given that my son is now not regularly ingesting a noxious ingredient list, the higher price is well worth the peace of mind I receive. (One reviewer indicated there was wood glycol or something in Stur? I have found no evidence anywhere to support this.).

Avery Shipping Labels for Laser Printers, 8.5 x 11 Inch, White, Box of 100 (5165)
Offered by My office innovations
Price: $27.08
63 used & new from $23.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Best label for your money, August 11, 2014
I have used these AVERY labels for the past three years. I sell a homemade product to local stores and use this label paper to create product labels. Since the price has slowly crept up on these AVERY labels over those three years, I looked around and found an off-brand 8-1/2 x 11 label for laser printers. The price on the new off-brand labels was irresistibly low and the reviews decent enough, so I ordered a box to try. Although these new labels printed up fine, peeling off the backing was a real chore since both the label and the backing are quite thin, and there is no backing-break to assist in removing the label (the AVERY has a backing-break to assist in peeling the label off). In addition, once printed, the ink on these off-brand labels would come off when the label took a bend or crease. It wore off easily making the label looked used and weathered. These AVERY labels never, never did that. These AVERY labels weathered bending, handling by customers, are easy to peel, and the label paper itself is 'thick' and sturdy (compared with the off-brand I tried). As much as I like a great deal on a product, I will never try another off-brand label and have happily returned to these AVERY labels, content that I am getting the best for my money.

Downton Abbey Season 4 [HD]
Downton Abbey Season 4 [HD]
DVD
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's just darn good! Excellent character development and story line, July 1, 2014
It's just darn good! Excellent character development and story line. I hope it never ends.

Norpro Glass Cheese Dome with Marble Base
Norpro Glass Cheese Dome with Marble Base
Price: $26.12
13 used & new from $8.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, December 2, 2013
Well made, sturdy, and attractive, this cheese dome was exactly what I was looking for. The cover is made of thick glass which means I am unlikely to break it in the course of use (something reviewers of similar products here on Amazon complained about). The cover settles nicely into the groove designed into the base.

Dimensions: marble base is 7-1/2 inches diameter; actual serving surface is 6 inches diameter (surface available once dome in place). Height of the unit with dome in place: 6 inches

The marble base comes with 3 very thin pads on the underside to protect surfaces on which you place the base. They are so thin that you can't get your fingers under the base easily to pick it up. No big deal though because you can add thicker vinyl pads which will allow picking it up more easily. That's what I ended up doing because I use these for trade shows to display samples of the treats I make, hence, I'm picking it up many, many times per hour.

1 Inch Round Clear Circle Label / Wafer Seals, 1000 labels per roll, 1 roll per package
Offered by NextDayLabels
Price: $9.38
3 used & new from $6.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for...., September 9, 2013
This product is just what I was looking for. I did not need a thick, sturdy sticker for my use, but if you are looking for a sturdy sticker, this may not be the best choice. I say this because sometimes, when I peel a sticker off the roll, if I crimp it at all, it can bend and stick to itself. A thicker sticker would not be so easy to bend. Not a big deal for me, and rarely happens, but it is testimony here as to how thick the material is that comprises the sticker.

I'm using it to hold together a crease in a plastic bag on a product I produce, and I didn't want the sticker to be visible. It works perfectly for that need. Sturdy, thick sticker material is not necessary for my needs. So, I point this out if you are looking for a thick plastic sticker.

Other than that, since the stickers are clear, it makes it difficult to find the next sticker on the roll once you have looked away.....but then again, there is no solution to that! They are clear! I gave it a 5 star rating because it works perfectly for my needs.

Port Authority® - Full Length Apron with Pockets.,ONE SIZE, Red
Port Authority® - Full Length Apron with Pockets.,ONE SIZE, Red
Offered by Top Gear Outfitters
Price: $9.65
10 used & new from $7.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made but doesn't wrap around enough, September 9, 2013
I really had a difficult time finding a source of aprons that looked good, were sturdily made, yet truly functional. What is functional to me?

* sturdy material and weave
* pockets
* adjustable neck strap
* lower portion of apron wraps around the body beyond just the front.

These aprons fill every functional requirement for me except the last one. I'm a baker and am always wiping my hands. Many times the wiping happens on my apron (since aprons fill many roles). These aprons do not wrap at all, in fact, they have a flat presentation across the front with the sides sticking out, which not only looks odd, but requires no hand wiping beyond the front of the apron. You even have to be careful not to lean on anything since these aprons don't protect beyond than the front of you. I did know they were narrow when I bought them, but thought I'd put out a heads-up in case you weren't thinking about width but assumed the width would wrap. I'm 5'4", 120lbs, so it's not like I'm asking the apron to accommodate a large frame.

In all fairness, though, unless you are going for the full chef look, the average apron out there for sale, does no better. I specifically wanted a red apron, with a bibbed front, with adjustable straps, and pockets. I have to see the public in this apron and didn't want to show up in a full chefs apron. So, I use this apron for show only, and when I'm baking, I still use the apron a friend made me long ago that wraps so far around me that I never get anything on my clothes.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Dinner, Summer & Picnic Tablecloth 60 x 84", Tango Red Check, Seats 6 to 8 People
Price: $23.99
3 used & new from $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy. Well made., September 9, 2013
I am very pleased with this product. I was looking for a gingham tablecloth that was well-made, heavy duty, and not plastic. I found it in this product. It is made of a thick cotton fiber and is not flimsy at all. It is used in my business and has to be sturdy yet look good. This tablecloth fills the bill for me, and, unless I accidentally tear it, I foresee it being around for me a long time.

NOW Better Stevia Zero Calorie Sweetener Extract Powder , Certified Organic, 16 Ounce Container
Price: $64.38
7 used & new from $59.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., August 25, 2013
I think this product is the best stevia out there. No other product even compares. No bitter aftertaste. It's the only stevia I will buy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3