Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for C, Radical > Reviews

Browse

C, Radical's Profile

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C, Radical RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
BulkSupplements Pure L-Glutamine Powder (1 Kilogram)
BulkSupplements Pure L-Glutamine Powder (1 Kilogram)
Offered by BulkSupplements
Price: $27.96
2 used & new from $27.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Two weeks seemed like not enough time for me to evaluate a new ..., January 30, 2016
I had wanted to try L-glutamine for a long time, just never got around to it. Luckily, after a recent order from Bulk Supplements, they asked me if I would review one of their products, my choice of product. I chose L-glutamine. I chose it because I know I have intestinal permeability (leaky guy) and have read in multiple places that L-glutamine (along with several other amino acids) can play a role in healing the gut lining. I had taken L-glutamine in a gut-healing mixture before (about 5 grams of L-glutamine per day) as given to me by an M.D. but never alone.

Bulk Supplements asked me to try it out for 2 weeks and then do my review. Two weeks seemed like not enough time for me to evaluate a new product so I actually used it for close to 2 months, maybe longer, before writing this review. I needed to see, over time, how I responded.

I decided to try the suggested advice of 2.5 grams 2x per day, and slowly increase the grams per dose over the next couple of day. I never made it past 5 grams 2x per day (a total of 10 grams in one day). At this amount, I was irritable and cranky. Clearly I did not need that amount. Everyone is different so do your research, read the reviews here, before taking it for gut healing, or any reason for that matter. But that holds true for any supplement. I have now settled in at 2 grams per day, taken in one dose. I can only hope that my efforts, along with other supplements and lifestyle changes, will help heal my gut.

The product itself is very easy to use. Dissolves easily, is tasteless, and affordable. I can take it by itself or put it in a smoothie. I'm very thankful to have had the chance to try it out and am just about to place an order for my next bag of L-glutamine.

BulkSupplements Pure Magnesium Citrate Powder (1 Kilogram)
BulkSupplements Pure Magnesium Citrate Powder (1 Kilogram)
Offered by BulkSupplements
Price: $19.96
2 used & new from $19.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very pleased with this product, November 10, 2015
I have been taking Magnesium Citrate daily for years to help with muscle cramps and constipation. All those years I have been taking the NOW product in powder form. I had been curious about Bulk Supplements products and decided recently to try their Magnesium Citrate powder since I am so familiar with the actions of this supplement and could easily compare its actions to that of the NOW Magnesium Citrate.

I had been taking a teaspoon a day of the NOW Magnesium Citrate powder and it seemed like it wasn't working as well as I expected given that a teaspoon is 630mg of Magnesium. One teaspoon of Bulk Supplements equals 500mg of Magnesium.

Wow! The Bulk Supplements powder works so much better at relieving my symptoms! I was pleasantly surprised. I'm going to stick with this product from now on.

For comparison: The NOW Mag Citrate Powder is chalky and sour. The Bulk Supplements is slightly gritty and has absolutely no flavor whatsoever.

I am a happy camper!

SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress with ComfortCoil Technology & Internal High Capacity Pump - Queen Size
Offered by SoundAsleep Products
Price: $164.95
10 used & new from $101.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Best air mattress I've ever owned., August 27, 2015
I bought this in a hurry when guests were arriving and we didn't have any extra beds. I have owned several air mattresses before, all of them 'blow them up yourself' ones, and all of them low to the ground. Although they lasted 'long enough' they were kind of a pain to manage. The features I really like about this mattress are:
1) Nice height from floor to bed surface. (It is perfect for sitting on without having to drop very far down....about knee level.)
2) It self-inflates and self- deflates at the flip of a switch and only takes a few minutes. So don't walk too far away while you are doing either of these procedures.
3) It comes with a drawstring bag for storing it in....and the bag is big enough in which to fit it! Imagine that!
4) The unit has a little pocket next to the inflate/deflate switch where you can store the electric cord before rolling up the mattress for storage.
5) There are apparently air-coils (whatever that really means) throughout the internals of the mattress which seems to have the effect of creating an even feeling surface when you are lying on it, stability (it feels solid) such that when you deflate it a bit it isn't now just a blown up sack with a depression in the middle, and there aren't any low or high spots.
5) It comes with a few repair patches.

The positive reviews here on Amazon were aplenty, and the scanty negative reviews complained mostly (if I recall....only) about how the mattress seemed to need more air after 24 hours or so. They weren't complaining it was flat or too soft, just that it lost a little air. The company responded to those complaints here on Amazon by indicating that the materials from which the mattress is made will stretch a little after the bed is first inflated, and all that was needed was to add a bit more air after first deflating it.

After having my guests use this mattress for a week, I report that I am extremely pleased. I did as the mattress instructions suggested by inflating it when I first got it and let it sit for awhile (overnight in my case). Then the next day I deflated it (pre instructions) and inflated it again. Inflating it apparently lets the material stretch out; deflating and inflating it allows the material to find the new 'norm'. It stayed like that for 2 days until my guests arrived.

The entire time they were here (3 nights) I only added air once, and not because it appeared to need it. It was mostly because I wanted to be sure it was full.

It is an air mattress so yes, it will be cool/cold to sleep on. The easy remedy for that is to put a thick blanket under the contour sheet. Speaking of contour sheets, after inflating the bed I realized that due to its height I wouldn't be able to tuck a contour sheet around and under the mattress like we are used to in a normal mattress. In fact, I was concerned the contoured corners of the sheet would just slip up and off the bed. Well, the contour sheet fit nicely over the mattress without going under the corners, and though it worked its way up a bit as my guests slept on it and made for a wrinkly surface on the bed, it never came off its corners.

My guests said it was very comfortable, but not sure I trust a guest to tell me something bad about the accommodations. :)
It should be said here that I have not slept on it. I did lie on it several times.

The only problem I found was that, due to the height of the bed (which is wonderful of course! and one of the things I love about it) you can't expect to 'tuck' any of the sheets or covers in......unless you use some very, very large ones. You just put the sheets and covers on and hope your guests aren't busy sleepers such that they end up uncovered because nothing is tucked in.

This is definitely the best and sturdiest air mattress I've ever owned.

Downton Abbey Season 5
Downton Abbey Season 5
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved every single episode, August 8, 2015
I loved every single episode. So did my husband. A high class soap opera in a way, but classy all the way through. I must add that this 5th season might have a different script writer....I haven't checked to confirm that. The dialogue was super quick and somewhat flooding compared to the previous seasons. Okay, maybe it's just because my husband and I are getting old but we had a bit of difficulty keeping up with the rapid conversation at times. We had to rewind often (not a fun endeavor on Amazon Prime viewing) just to make sure we didn't miss anything important in the quick dialogue.

Veep: Season 1
Veep: Season 1

2.0 out of 5 stars I love Julia Louis-Dreyfus but again, July 13, 2015
This review is from: Veep: Season 1 (Amazon Video)
Didn't hold my interest. I love Julia Louis-Dreyfus but again, just another show that feels compelled to include foul language and crass suggestions. I'm not a prude when it comes to language, but come on.....does EVERY show have to use foul language? It's getting tiring. My 15 year old son said to me that when he hears people use foul language it makes them look stupid. We did not teach him that....he determined it on his own. And I would have to agree with him. It's almost like the script writers feel that a show won't sell unless it includes sexual innuendos and foul language. So, I guess that makes them stupid!

Food To Live ® Brazil Nuts (Whole, Shelled, Raw, Unsalted, Natural) (2 Pounds)
Food To Live ® Brazil Nuts (Whole, Shelled, Raw, Unsalted, Natural) (2 Pounds)
Offered by Food To Live ®
Price: $18.99
2 used & new from $16.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Will buy them again..., March 8, 2015
Fresh, nicely packaged in a resealable bag. Will buy them again.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be a bit more roasted....., January 3, 2015
This is only the second time I have ever purchased dandelion root for tea. The first time was right before purchasing this product, when I bought some tea bags filled with roasted dandelion root. I wanted to see if I liked it before committing to a pound. I ended up liking the tea from the roasted dandelion tea bags, so I ordered this pound.

Although I found this product to be of good quality, well packaged, and tasted good, it took me awhile to figure out why I liked it less than the packaged tea bags I had purchased. I finally determined, after comparing the color of each side by side, and chewing on the granules of each, that this Starwest product is just not quite roasted enough for my liking. (Like I have a lot of experience to go on!! :-) I ended up roasting it more myself and ended up very happy.

So, although as a product I could easily assign it five stars for quality, I chose one star less because this is so lightly roasted it seems like a misnomer to have indicated it is roasted. Matter of preference. However, this won't keep me from buying it again if I can't find a darker roasted root.

Stur - Variety Pack (5pck) - ALL-NATURAL Stevia Water Enhancer ..........................makes 100 8oz. servings - drink mix. Non-GMO, natural fruit flavor, natural stevia leaf extract, sugar-free, calorie-free, preservative-free, 100% Vitamin C, liquid stevia drops. **Family Business, Happiness Guaranteed, You will Love Stur**
Offered by SturDrinks
Price: $19.95
7 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be happier with this product!, September 28, 2014
My 14 year old son loves them. He is the major Stur drinker in our house....fills his water bottle with Stur before he heads out for his day at high school. He originally started using the 'water enhancers' of another common brand, and I frowned on them because of the noxious ingredient list, not the least of which are food dyes like Red #40. I found Stur here on Amazon and was a bit concerned when reading the reviews because a few writers complained that they had to use more Stur in their water to get a flavor strength equivalent to the other (noxious) brands. This, together with the fact that Stur is more expensive than the noxious brands, made me slow to order, and I wasn't really pushed into it until my son ran out of his noxious brands.

Well, I'm happy to report that not only does my (very picky) son love these (although he hasn't worked his way through all the flavors in the variety pack yet), but he says he uses the same amount of Stur as he was used to using with the noxious brand. So, I don't know whether the reviewers complaining of the weak flavor were just being overly picky, or if Stur really did what they stated in a card they included with my shipment: that the flavors were now more concentrated. Of course, based on my son's reaction to Stur, it appears that the flavors must truly be more concentrated.

In short, I couldn't be happier with Stur. Both the ingredient list and the flavors are great, which, given that my son is now not regularly ingesting a noxious ingredient list, the higher price is well worth the peace of mind I receive. (One reviewer indicated there was wood glycol or something in Stur? I have found no evidence anywhere to support this.).

Avery Shipping Labels for Laser Printers, 8.5 x 11 Inch, White, Box of 100 (5165)
Price: $23.99
67 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best label for your money, August 11, 2014
I have used these AVERY labels for the past three years. I sell a homemade product to local stores and use this label paper to create product labels. Since the price has slowly crept up on these AVERY labels over those three years, I looked around and found an off-brand 8-1/2 x 11 label for laser printers. The price on the new off-brand labels was irresistibly low and the reviews decent enough, so I ordered a box to try. Although these new labels printed up fine, peeling off the backing was a real chore since both the label and the backing are quite thin, and there is no backing-break to assist in removing the label (the AVERY has a backing-break to assist in peeling the label off). In addition, once printed, the ink on these off-brand labels would come off when the label took a bend or crease. It wore off easily making the label looked used and weathered. These AVERY labels never, never did that. These AVERY labels weathered bending, handling by customers, are easy to peel, and the label paper itself is 'thick' and sturdy (compared with the off-brand I tried). As much as I like a great deal on a product, I will never try another off-brand label and have happily returned to these AVERY labels, content that I am getting the best for my money.

Downton Abbey Season 4
Downton Abbey Season 4
DVD
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's just darn good! Excellent character development and story line, July 1, 2014
It's just darn good! Excellent character development and story line. I hope it never ends.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3