Profile for Gord M. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gord M. RSS Feed

Tiger Claw Dragon Head Kwandao
Tiger Claw Dragon Head Kwandao

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Traditional Kung Fu Weapon, February 18, 2014
I really like this weapon but came just short of a 5 rating as one of the rivets was loose (which I was able to quickly fix) and the blade had minor rough spots in a few places - just a few minor things - I would have given it a 4.7.

The major pluses:
- Beautiful looking and impressive weapon;
- The chrome plated steel blade is shiny with just a very slight amount of flex which I really like (vs. the huge amount of flex/floppiness that spring steel/wushu steel has);
- The blade has a nice engraving of a dragon on one side, and the red tassel adds that extra color to the blade when you do your forms;
- The shaft is a traditional dark brown color and feels like it is made of natural wood;
- The overall weapon is a bit lighter and more maneuverable than I expected it to be;
- The beautiful weapon case is made of a high quality durable black fabric with gold embroidery, with soft padded inner material, and it nicely compliments the weapon (it even has a business card holder!);
- The shipping was super fast even though I live in Canada, and I received it in 10 days.

Overall for the cost and what you get, this is very good value for the money. I will be using this weapon for tournaments and for training my advanced students. In addition, it will look great displayed in my studio!

ProForce Strong-Arm Training Target - Black - 14"
ProForce Strong-Arm Training Target - Black - 14"
Offered by SS Discount Center
Price: $61.99
4 used & new from $48.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Martial Arts Training Apparatus, November 1, 2012
I was looking for a martial arts training tool and was considering a wooden wing chun dummy but these are expensive (some over $800), and take up a lot of space unless you have a gym, and almost all of those are not adjustable, or easily portable. Then I saw the strong arm and strong arm II. These attach directly to a wavemaster type punching bag or a heavy bag in a few minutes and are adjustable. The material is very durable and the arms are solid and have a nice weight to them. The strap for this single strong arm is a little short and just fits my wavemaster bag (for a larger diameter bag, you may have to modify the straps). I also purchased the strong arm II (it has long straps and can be used in the horlizontal or vertical position) and I now get full use out of my wavemaster and can adjust the arms to whatever configuration I want in just a couple of minutes. This is a great tool for home practice or in the studio especially for any close in techniques and I feel this product is going to hold up to considerable and prolonged use. I have been very happy with this product!

ProForce Strong-Arm II Training Target - Black
ProForce Strong-Arm II Training Target - Black
Offered by SS Discount Center
Price: $61.99
8 used & new from $57.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Martial Arts Training Apparatus!, November 1, 2012
I was looking for a martial arts training tool and was considering a wooden wing chun dummy but these are expensive (some over $800), and take up a lot of space unless you have a gym, and almost all of those are not adjustable, or easily portable. Then I saw the strong arm and strong arm II. These attach directly to a wavemaster type punching bag or a heavy bag in a few minutes and are adjustable. The material is very durable and the arms are solid and have a nice weight to them. The straps are quite long which allow you to have the arms both horizontally and vertically positioned on the bag. In the horizontal position it can take a few more minutes to fiddle with the straps to get it attached but this is not a major issue. I also purchased the single strong arm and I now get full use out of my wavemaster and can adjust the arms to whatever configuration I want in just a couple of minutes. This is a great tool for home practice or in the studio especially for any close in techniques and I feel this product is going to hold up to considerable and prolonged use. I have been very happy with this product!

Invicta Men's 8927 Pro Diver Collection Automatic Watch
Invicta Men's 8927 Pro Diver Collection Automatic Watch
Price: $88.90
24 used & new from $82.68

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Beautiful Timepiece!, December 28, 2011
This is my first Invicta watch and I was blown away by the looks, feel, size and quality craftsmanship of this watch! The photos on Amazon are good but really don't give justice to this beautiful timepiece. The gold, silver and black accents really do make this watch look and feel like a Rolex Submariner at a fraction of the cost. Even the dots on the face are outlined in gold. The gold color in the photos seem to be more yellowish - the color is a actually beautiful vibrant gold from the face to the bezel to the bracelet. This is a solid watch, with a weight of a very expensive watch, nice solid bracelet, tight screw down crown and nice tight bezel - perfect for scuba diving. The date display is a good readable size with the magnifier. This is a wonderful watch and I have already ordered the 0420 which is a titanium and black appearance as well to compliment this 8927. You really can't go wrong with this very impressive, expensive looking and feeling watch, waterproofed to 660 feet.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2012 8:49 PM PDT