Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for javabeary > Reviews

Browse

javabeary's Profile

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

javabeary RSS Feed

The Obama Hate Machine: The Lies, Distortions, and Personal Attacks on the President---and Who Is Behind Them
by Bill Press
50 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, February 3, 2012
A revealing truth. What lies within Republibubble. This time it's different. The author exposes, lays out, reviews the systematic self interest of power brokers to amplify lies, hate and distortion.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2012 8:01 PM PST

Cuisinart EM-100 1000-Watt 15-Bar Espresso Maker, Stainless Steel
Cuisinart EM-100 1000-Watt 15-Bar Espresso Maker, Stainless Steel
Price: $149.99
50 used & new from $90.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Basic Espresso Machine, December 30, 2010
The Cuisinart em-100 has all the basic essentials. My decade+ old Krups steam machine wasn't up to the task of multiple cups now needed with the addition of my teenage daughter's new taste for a morning vanilla latte on top of my own bean needs. I choose the em-100 for the price and essential multi shot, multi user basics, and after about a month it has lived up to expectations.

The value for the money can't be beat. While I was in the market for a new machine, I had a terrible double shot from a demo $900+ automatic machine. I've managed to produce dozen's of "god-shots" from my $50 steam Krups - when all the planets were in alignment. I don't think the em-100 will ever get me another "god-shot", the water is just not hot enough - but it consistently delivers a really good top quality shot. I think I'd pushed it to the limit the other day when I rapidly hit my third shot after two steamings plus some hot water to warm the cups all together within minutes. I think the heat chamber was overheating pushing steam through the brew pod.

The instant hot water to warm my cup is a nice feature. I have not found the height of the steam nozzle an issue as others had warned. I love having the bare nozzle with the option to add the aeration sleeve. I almost always use the nozzle alone so I can better control the level of foam and extra hot milk; but using the sleeve guarantees near perfect cappuccino foam - we like our's closer to the latte side with a touch of foam. Some low end machines had plastic nozzles and no options to run without their version of an aeration sleeve - not acceptable!

One last note, the crema some claim to get from the em-100 I find is only partially true to form. Below the primary filter screen in the pods is a small chamber with a single small hole that reportedly increases internal pod pressure for a better brew. In my opinion, what it's really doing is aerating the espresso as the single stream shoots under high pressure into the next chamber inside the pod handle. Most of the supposed crema quickly dissipates - but my experience has been that real crema I can get from my steam Krups doesn't dissipate that way.

Enjoy & Good Luck!

Oregon Scientific ATC 9K Full 1080P High Definition Water Resistant Action Camera with G Force Sensor and 1.5-Inch Color LCD Screen (Yellow)
4 used & new from $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Helmet / Action Camera available, December 1, 2010
I returned my Contour HD to exchange for the ATC 9K. In my opinion, this is the best action / helmet camera available. We got interested in the action cameras with all the ads run by GoPro; but I don't like the GoPro look - in my opinion it looks pretty geeky, like some kids toy stuck your head where the ATC 9K looks like a real action camera. So here are my main advantages in the 9K:
1 - Integrated shock and water resistance built in - not in some plastic outer case. I didn't like taking my camera in and out of the case, and then in the wet weather risking exposure of my delicate Contour or GoPro to the elements. No worries with the Oregon Scientific.
2 - Lots of mounting accessories included with the 9K. It cost more for the camera in the box, but costs about the same by the time I added the Contour protective case, the bike mount, and the helmet mount. More mounting options and adaptability with twist of the camera (not possible with the GoPro) in the housing and/or pivot of the housing base.
3 - Integrated LCD. What you see is what you get. Why pay more for some add-on. I want to review right now in my extreme sport live in case we need another take/ski run to get a better shot - to know everything is lined up in the shot now and avoid any surprises when I get home and download.
4 - Optional GPS tracker and the integrated G force sensor are an absolute must for an action camera. Oregon Scientific knows this business and builds a great product. The PC interface is awesome.
5 - Better audio than the rest. No outer protective housing to muffle the sound.
If you get an Oregon Scientific ATC 9K - enjoy!
If you get a GoPro Hero - good luck with that!
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2011 8:05 PM PDT