Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now DOTD
Profile for My 2 Cents > Reviews

Browse

My 2 Cents' Profile

Customer Reviews: 1849

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

My 2 Cents RSS Feed (New England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bounty Select-a-Size Paper Towels, White, 8 Huge Rolls
Bounty Select-a-Size Paper Towels, White, 8 Huge Rolls
Price: $22.99
4 used & new from $22.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I love the ability to use a small sized sheet with ..., May 1, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Bounty towels provide unmatched absorbency compared to and other paper towel brands I've tried. I love the ability to use a small sized sheet with these if I choose. The one downside is that I have to either leave the roll on the counter or tuck away in a cabinet (not ideal) as the roll is too thick to fit on my paper towel holder.

Carole Hochman Women's Plus-Size Plus Size Waffle Knit Zip Robe, Grey Heather, 1X
Price: $22.54
2 used & new from $22.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice comfy robe but runs very big, April 29, 2016
Nice comfy robe but runs very big. I should have ordered size smaller. Wish there was a wider variety of colors (darker ones). I can tell already that robe will wish and wear well. Perfect spring and fall robe.

Orphan #8: A Novel
Orphan #8: A Novel
by Kim van Alkemade
Price: $10.79
181 used & new from $1.75

3.0 out of 5 stars tough read - sad story, April 27, 2016
This review is from: Orphan #8: A Novel (Paperback)
The story centers around Rachel Rabinowitz who was placed in an orphanage, the Hebrew Infant for Jewish children, at the age of four in 1919 in NewYork City. Rachel was one of several children used in medical experiments by Dr. Mildred Soloman. Rachel is used as Dr. Soloman’s test case for new X-ray equipment. She’s continuously overexposed to radiation which left her bald, browless and disfigured. When she get’s a bit older she is sent to another home, the Orphaned Hebrews Home, where she is taunted by other children.

As an adult Rachel works in the nursing profession back in New York. As a nurse at the Hebrew home for the elderly she crosses paths with Dr. Soloman who now happens to reside there. Forced to relive the past Rachel must decide whether to make peace with the past or seek revenge.

I’m not a huge fan of historical novels but, coming of age and orphan stories do have some appeal with me. Overall, Orphan #8 a tough read. In retrospect, I should have picked a more upbeat story. This one just made me angry at times especially after learning that it was in part based on true happenings.

Quickie Dish and Cookware Puff/Sponge
Quickie Dish and Cookware Puff/Sponge
Price: $1.77
13 used & new from $1.77

4.0 out of 5 stars It's hard to review and item like this but, April 26, 2016
It's hard to review and item like this but, it's just what I was looking for at a cheap price - but not cheaply made.

Organic Mango Tango Black Tea, Loose Leaf Bag, Positively Tea LLC. (1 lb.)
Organic Mango Tango Black Tea, Loose Leaf Bag, Positively Tea LLC. (1 lb.)

4.0 out of 5 stars The tea is very tasty and has a really nice aroma as well, April 26, 2016
The tea is very tasty and has a really nice aroma as well. The bag is huge and priced right. Highly recommend this variety.

Stainless Steel Pour Over Drip Coffee Kettle - Built-In Removable Tea Infusion For Tea Lovers - 1.1 L / 4 1/2 Cup
Offered by Nati and Home
Price: $35.00

2.0 out of 5 stars I would have kept it had it been in perfect shape but, April 26, 2016
Kettle arrived with scratches on the exterior and although stylish looking it's much smaller than a standard size kettle. I would have kept it had it been in perfect shape but, I ended up returning it and chose not to reorder.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2016 9:34 AM PDT

Bull Mountain
Bull Mountain
Offered by Audible, Inc. (US)

4.0 out of 5 stars terrific debut novel - but gritty, April 26, 2016
Bull Mountain is a debut novel that I had passed on at first glance but, after reading several rave reviews I decided to give the audio a try. It's very gritty yet so well written.

Set in Georgia, the story focuses on the lawless Burroughs family who for generations have been the kings of Bull Mountain, pretty much doing whatever they pleased. They sold moonshine, weapons, pot and now meth. Halford (Hal) is the elder brother who continues in the illegal operations following in his family's footsteps.

Clayton Burroughs, Hal's younger brother, took a different path after getting married, he is a county sheriff. Clayton is torn between doing what's right and betraying his family. Somehow the brothers have managed to stay out of each others business up until now but, when an agent from the Bureau of Alcohol and Tobacco and Firearms asks Clayton for his help things heat up. The ATF want's Hal's help to shutdown a large scale gun and drug running operation out of Florida.

This story was very different from the kind of stories I'm usually drawn to. It's gritty with a lot of violence. There are quite a few characters but, even on audio it was fairly easy to differentiate between them. There were some unexpected twists in this story which surprised me as well. I must say that the heavy accents were a bit rough at times so I listened to this one in shorter segments than I normally would. I think if I had it to do over, I would have chosen the print version. Panowich is a talented new author to try.

Del Rossa Women's 100% Cotton Lightweight Bathrobe Robe, 2XL White Squares on Pink (A0515P472X)
Offered by Alexander Del Rossa
Price: $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I was looking for, April 26, 2016
This robe is exactly what I was looking for. I was unable to find any lighter weight 3/4 length robes anywhere in stores.

=Beautiful, light weight soft material (not see through though)
=Quality made
=I'm 5'4" and the length is great for me (a few inches above my ankles)
=True to size
=the blue paisley print is gorgeous

Planning on buying one more in a different pattern as well.

Fool Me Once
Fool Me Once
Offered by Audible, Inc. (US)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fool Me Once was a very good thriller that held my interest all the way to ..., April 24, 2016
In this stand alone Coben thriller Maya Stern is a former Special Ops pilot suffering from PTSD. She is also a grieving widow, her husband Joe was brutally murdered a few weeks earlier. To ease her stress where her two-year old daughter is concerned, she discreetly installs a nanny cam to monitor the happenings of her daughter and the caregiver while she is away. Soon after Maya sees what appears to be her dead husband sitting on the sofa with their daughter. Are her eyes playing tricks on her or, is Joe still alive? After all, she never saw his body after he was supposedly murdered.

Fool Me Once was a very good thriller that held my interest all the way to the end, and it even managed to surprise me. Maya is a spunky character who was fearless and determined to find out what was really going on. The audio version was read by January LaVoy who did a very good job. I also had the eGalley so I was able to read as well as listen. Readers who enjoy a good thriller should give this one a try.

The Family Man
The Family Man
by Elinor Lipman
Edition: Audio CD
Price: $39.98
11 used & new from $7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars upbeat story, April 23, 2016
This review is from: The Family Man (Audio CD)
Henry Archer is likable, old-school type guy. He retired early from his Manhattan law practice so he can enjoy life, as he expects to die young like his father before him. Henry's also gay, but was married briefly to Denise, who had a daughter, Thalia, that Henry had adopted. Henry reluctantly gave up custody rights when the couple divorced and Denise remarried.

Now when Henry learns that Denise's most recent husband (#3) has died, he is anxious to reconnect with Thalia who is now 29 and an aspiring actress. The two begin having lunch together and as their relationship grows there are unexpected perks, joy and love to be experienced by both.

This is another dialogue driven novel (not my favorite style) but, it's rather enjoyable for several reasons. It's a comedy of manners -- lots of wit with quirky characters who are easy to root for. Henry is so real and unassuming. If you are looking for an upbeat story that will leave you smiling, try this one. The audio was read by Jonathan Davis who did a great job. Although this wasn't my favorite book by Elinor Lipman, I'm still happy I gave this one a try.

3.5/5 stars