Profile for Derek Mcconnell > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Derek Mcconnell RSS Feed (California)

Nina Simone Sings the Blues
Nina Simone Sings the Blues
Price: $12.99
43 used & new from $4.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Not even close to being a complete overview, May 13, 2007
While I agree with the reviewer who criticized the album for its short length, I dislike this album primarily because of the selections. In her liftetime, Nina Simone recorded many blues songs, only a mediocre handful of which are represented here. However, there are a few gems, such as "I Want a Little Sugar in My Bowl" and 'House of the Rising Sun" and "Do I Move You?." Only buy if you can get it for under 5 dollars.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2014 10:53 AM PST

D-Link DI-624 Wireless Cable/DSL Router, 4-Port Switch, 802.11g, 108Mbps
D-Link DI-624 Wireless Cable/DSL Router, 4-Port Switch, 802.11g, 108Mbps
25 used & new from $4.50

1.0 out of 5 stars D-Link: The Chinese Torture Device, February 12, 2007
This is the single worst piece of electronic equipment I have ever encountered in my 30+ years on earth. I can barely even write this review because of fear that my internet will cut out due to my D-Link Router. I pray that when I press "Post Review" my internet won't die, and the words which I have read literally thousands of times: "This computer is not connected to the internet" will not appear again.

I bought this crappy router about a year and a half ago, and ever since then, the internet cuts out every 5-10 minutes for a period of about 30 seconds. I swear, this thing is like some sort of Chinese Torture Machine because the periods of "blackouts" are only 30 seconds long and aren't long enough to make D-Link totally unusable, but are frequent enough to be incredibly annoying and raise your blood pressure considerably. The worst part is when you are typing something important, and D-Link dies. I have probably had to re-write hundreds of long emails, and have lost a lot of information because whenever I want to send something, and D-Link's internet dies, even if I push "Back" on my browser, the information is lost forever.

I initially thought that my machine was an exception, I thought it was one out of a thousand which are defective, so I sent it back and got it replaced. When my internet continued to cut out, I thought it was a software issue or a problem with my computer. When I suspected it wasn't either of those, I went to this page and read the many negative reviews, and realized that D-Link is the worst company in the world. Anybody who buys this product after reading this review has to be totally insane.

My health has honestly and literally deteriorated as a result of this stress resulting from this machine. I hope the creator of D-Link dies an agonizing death.