Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale
Profile for Ocean Blue > Reviews

Browse

Ocean Blue's Profile

Customer Reviews: 153

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ocean Blue RSS Feed (Pennsylvania, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Smittybilt 835 Full Climate Cover
Smittybilt 835 Full Climate Cover
Price: $119.99
67 used & new from $70.08

4.0 out of 5 stars So Far . . . Good Cover . . . Everything on my Jeep is oversized - so fit is "Ok" . . ., April 24, 2015
I'm writing this after only using the 835 cover for a week. I was very concerned about fit because some of my mods change the size of my vehicle for covering it (11.75" Bushwacker Pocket Flares, Oversized Spare, Fab Four Steel Bumpers with Brush Guard, LED Light Cannons mounted on Windshield Column, etc.). So I called Smittybilt to discuss the fit & this was their recommendation. With oversized mods this fits pretty good . . . A little short all around but my main concern was covering my 2 piece soft doors during the summer because they leak. The 835 does a good job for this application.

The very first time I pulled the cable through the nylon grommet, it popped off, but that didn't concern me - I have brass grommets I can use in its place since it's in a protected area. I'm concerned the material is a little "catchy" - time will tell - but as soon as our white oak trees start dropping their male flowers (long stringy things with brown beads) that stick to everything, I think I'm going to have a problem. If the material was smoother, like tyvek fabric these messy flower things would slide right off, instead, I think I'm going to have a cover that is permanently covered with these "beads".

Since the only two grommets are for the cable, there are no fastening points to bungee the cover to the vehicle. Since in my case (with everything oversized) this could become a problem. As other reviewers have indicated I do not think this cover will ever fit back in bag - so it is a fairly bulky thing - light in weight, but a big bulky bunch of material that is pretty hard to "tame" when removed.

Other reviews indicated this cover disintegrated after one season - for the price, I guess that's ok with me - I'll just have to buy a new one every year to keep my interior dry when my soft doors are on for the summer.

The grommet hole for the antenna did not fit my AntennaX 24" black antenna so I had to (very easily) pop that grommet off - not a concern. If I didn't have 4" LED Light cannons mounted on my windshield it would definitely fit better. it does however seem to fit over my 11.75" pocket flares reasonably well.

Stay tuned - I probably should update this after I see how long it lasts and after I see how much of a problem the white oak tree fallout is by sticking permanently to this slightly "catchy" material.

Bushwacker Jeep Pocket Style Fender Flare Front Pair
Bushwacker Jeep Pocket Style Fender Flare Front Pair
Price: $405.66
65 used & new from $384.80

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE 'EM . . . Lots of Compliments . . . Look Great !!!, April 17, 2015
These are great.... They look great, I get lots of compliments about the way they look ... and most of all, I am now legal in my state (at least the part about tire coverage) . . . I have included before and after pics for comparison. plus a third pic with my new Bestop soft doors to facilitate doors off driving in the summer !!!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Bestop 51798-35 Black Diamond Front 2-piece Door Set for JK Wrangler including Unlimited
Offered by Morris 4x4 Center
Price: $415.99
41 used & new from $415.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'Em . . . See How I Easily Solved the Pulling Out Issue . . ., April 17, 2015
I installed 4 doors along with the mirrors made by the same manufacturer (the ones designed to install directly on the pre-drilled metal bracket located inside the soft doors). I figured I had to write this review due to the mixed reviews out there that nearly scared me away from these doors.

Quality: Outstanding !!!
I am so impressed with the quality of the materials & workmanship !!! These doors are really made well & I’m sure they will hold-up for a long time. Heavy cloth, sturdy steel frame construction, plus the vinyl windows, zippers, & the “hook & loop” are top quality !!!

Installation:
Installation was a SNAP!!! I studied the instructions carefully & then used a totally different (much easier) approach which helps a great deal in making the alignment easier. I simply: 1) put the lower door on the hinges right out of the box; 2) loosened the hinge adjustment bracket to make positioning the latch easier; 3) installed the latches after positioning them exactly where I wanted them & latching them to the vehicle to hold them in position (because the hinge adjustment bracket was loose allowing me to do so) & tightening the screws for the latches all the way; 4) entered the Jeep from the other side & tightened the hinge bracket in place; 5) add the top piece, made some minor adjustments & DONE !!! Repeat X4. This was so quick & easy.

Pulling Away Issue & Simple Correction:
As many reviewers have indicated, I think I’ll be tweaking the adjustment as I use these a while to get the doors tuned-in exactly the way I want them. However, I wanted to addressed the issue of the doors pulling away at the top when traveling at higher speeds, which some have experienced. Three of my doors did NOT do this & one pulled away maybe an inch - I will continue to work on the “bending” to see if I can correct this. However, until I can get this one door just right a VERY simple fix that works for ALL doors is the two sided black “hook & loop tape” (about a half inch wide) that comes on a 12 foot roll for taming wiring. You can get a 12 foot roll anywhere, & it’s more than enough for all four doors.

I simply loosened the “hook & loop” on the top of the door that holds the cloth to the very top metal bar. Then I wrapped a length of the hook & loop tape (roll) around the top metal bar & slid the length to the front corner of the door where the pulling actually “starts”. Then I simply fastened it to itself on the door end & attached the other end to the exposed of hook & loop existing on my grab handles. Worked like a charm.

For front doors, simply run the other end of the hook & loop tape over to the relatively heavy duty sun visor metal arm. This arm is more than sturdy enough to withstand the pressure of the door “pulling out”. It really doesn’t take anything too sturdy to counter the pulling pressure. The reason for this is, if you keep the door top in the correct “tucked in” position there really is very little pulling pressure on it. The pressure increases exponentially as the door top is pulled further out in the wind.
For rear doors just attach the length to the existing grab handle hook & loop or around the roll bar – problem solved ! When not in use leave one end looped around the top metal bar of the door – just find one of the many existing exposed hook & loop locations on the door & stick the length to it for temporary out of the way storage. This solution was very cheap, is not even noticeable, & allows you to drive any speed you want without the doors pulling away at the top ! Takes only 2 seconds to undo or redo the length of hook & loop tape each trip. (Also, you really only have to do this when it’s raining if you want.)

Bottom Line:
These doors are great – very well made. If you can follow my method of installation I think it will make life easier for you. If you are hesitating to make this purchase because of the potential the doors will pull away at the top (I know I was VERY worried about it) – just buy a 12 foot roll of (approx. half inch) black hook & loop tape used to tie cables / wires.

There’s no question about the advantage of running these doors in the warmer weather to facilitate fast & easy “door-less” driving. They really do remove in a couple seconds for each door. They store easily in the back of the Jeep.

One more thing I forgot to mention . . . I do see some daylight at the bottom of the door – however, I’m not at all concerned about it. I haven’t driven in the rain yet, but I’m expecting very minimal rain to enter through the bottom gap. I also think when sitting in a driveway during even wind-blown rain that this gap will not be an issue.

See pics of my JKU for cloth doors on & doors off, plus just door tops off !!! (Doors off completely pic does not show latest fender modifications.)
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2015 8:13 PM PDT

Bell Plantation PB2 Peanut Butter, 1 lb Jar (4-pack)
Bell Plantation PB2 Peanut Butter, 1 lb Jar (4-pack)
Offered by SportingDoc
Price: $32.48
3 used & new from $32.48

5.0 out of 5 stars PB2 is Great for PB Smoothies !!!, August 21, 2014
I do not use this product as directed - I use it exclusively for PB Smoothies and for that use PB2 is great !!! I tried it one time as directed and although I love everything peanut butter - it was not for me . . .

I fill my Ninja single serving cup with 3 heaping tblsp of PB2, and an equal amount of Splenda. To that I add crushed ice to the top fill line then fill in around the crushed ice (up to fill line) with 2% milk. Blend & VIOLA! A great tasting PB Smoothie. I love 'em and have one almost every day.

I used to make them with real PB but this is a great way to reduce the calories and the fat and in some ways improve the taste and texture.

For me, PB2 is a great product when NOT used as directed !!! I'm sure I'll come up with a lot of other uses probably involving ice cream - but for now I'm hooked on my PB2 Smoothies.

CURT 40053 2 In. Diameter Stainless Trailer Ball
CURT 40053 2 In. Diameter Stainless Trailer Ball
Price: $24.55
28 used & new from $17.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Ball - WHY isn't Nut & Lock Washer Stainless ???, August 21, 2014
Very nice ball - deducted one star for galvanized nut and lock washer. WHY would anyone go to the trouble of manufacturing and selling a stainless steel ball with a nut and lock washer that is not stainless???
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2015 3:55 PM PDT

Bestop 81041-09 Charcoal All Weather Trail Cover for 07-13 Wrangler JK Unlimited
Price: $150.98
54 used & new from $129.95

3.0 out of 5 stars High Quality - Did Not Fit My Application, August 21, 2014
High Quality - Did NOT Fit My Application. I read the description and all the reviews telling me that this would fit my Unlimited with the soft top removed. However, a couple places I read that it would fit with the top down and not removed so I called Bestop before ordering. The CS Rep at Bestop had me go out to my Jeep and tell her what was embossed in the rear window in order to determine if it would work for my application. Upon describing the embossing in the rear window, the rep stated that it would definitely fit with the top down and not removed. WRONG!!!

No matter what I did there was no way this top was going to fit with the doors off / top down and not removed. In addition, starting from the front and working back, I felt the coverage on the font side of the front doors was completely inadequate to keep rain out which is the reason for three stars. The fact this did not fit my application did not affect the number of stars in my rating.

The cover itself is AMAZING QUALITY !!! It is very heavy duty material and stitching. No shortcuts were taken in the manufacture of this item, unless you consider a slight "shortage" of material a shortcut... Again, it is my fault that it doesn't fit my application. I read the description and reviews that said "top removed" however, I believed the Bestop rep who said it would work...

Due to the super high quality material, this cover weighs-in a bit heavier than I would have liked . It also would probably never fit back into the convenient tote bag due to the perfect factory fit and the strap actually narrowing the fit into the bag. Unfortunately, I had to return this item, however, given how much it weighed, and the shortage of coverage around the front of the front doors, I probably would not have used it at all.

In summary, very heavy duty material and construction - absolutely DOES NOT fit my 2014 Wrangler Unlimited with MOPAR soft top folded down as opposed to removed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 5, 2015 11:07 AM PDT

JustAddMud JK JAMirror, Jeep Wrangler (2007-2015) Door Hinge Mirrors
JustAddMud JK JAMirror, Jeep Wrangler (2007-2015) Door Hinge Mirrors
Offered by JustAddMud Offroad
Price: $129.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea - Needs Lots of Improvement !!!, August 21, 2014
This design is the start of a good idea - but needs a lot of work !!! I gave this product three stars because: 1) I think the price is too high for the quality of the item; 2) the magnets keep falling off (although the mirrors are still usable- see below); & 3) the design falls a bit short.

Despite the issues with these, I am still using then, although I am not 100% satisfied with the product. First, a minor issue that I see with these mirrors which is NOT reflected in my three star rating. That is, if you buy these keep in kind they are not attached with tools and if you take your Wrangler anywhere that is not off-road you have to remove them and secure them somewhere in a Jeep without doors, otherwise they might disappear. Now onto my three issues . . .

Price: the quality just isn't there to warrant a price just north of 100 bucks !!! The mirrors I received had tiny little chips in the back of the glass (mirrored side of glass) along the edges. These were obviously created during the manufacture - either in the glass cutting process or the assembly of the mirror housing because they were all along the cut edges under the glass. No major problem -still usable - just not $100 quality.

Magnets: here is a fairly major issue that must be redesigned - the magnets are glued onto the bottom of the small support shaft which didn't even last through unpacking. The magnets fell off the small shaft while I was removing them from the package. You can still use the mirrors because the magnets stick to the inside door frame pretty decently. However, when you remove the mirrors the magnets do not stick as good to the small shaft and have a tendency to start falling off. This is an annoying design flaw- something should be done to keep the magnets on the small shaft - trying to glue them on is worthless.

Design: the mirrors do NOT stick out far enough to be seen by the driver on my 2014 Wrangler due to the corners of the dash sticking out blocking the mirrors. These really need a longer (and stronger) shaft to bring the mirrors far enough away from the Jeep body that they can actually be seen by the driver. I now understand why this included a free convex mirror. If you do not stick the convex mirror on the passenger side you cannot see anything. Again, the mirrors have major design flaw.

Overall: I'm using these because they looked like my best option - no tools to attach, and a strong magnet to keep them from rattling around. However, the high price, poor quality, and poor design combine to make these only worth three stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2014 4:23 AM PDT

3M Marine Mildew Block (16.9 fl-Ounce)
3M Marine Mildew Block (16.9 fl-Ounce)
Price: $17.88
17 used & new from $13.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great on Boat Vinyl !!!, May 29, 2014
I applied 3M Marine Mildew Block to my vinyl boat seats prior to winter storage. (Winter storage for me includes shrink wrapping - which protects boats from the elements but creates a perfect greenhouse effect for growing mold and mildew.). To my surprise, after applying this product to my seats this was the first time I didn't have mildew on my seats upon removing the shrink wrap in spring. I have to attribute these results to my heavy application of 3M Mildew Block !!!

One note - you cannot just spray this product on your seats and expect that you've applied it properly. You need to really spray the vinyl thoroughly wetting the seats with product, and then spread it evenly over all surfaces. I actually found using my bare hand to spread it to be the best solution. I suppose a sponge would also work. I think using a cloth may both 1) absorb too much product; and, 2 wipe too much away leaving a thin coat. By spreading it with my bare hand I was able to achieve a very thick coat without absorbing / wiping too much product away.

Again, this was the cleanest my vinyl has ever been when removing shrink wrap in the spring. Matter of fact, I actually had zero mold or mildew on my seats this spring. I intend to use this product through the approximately five month boating season to keep mildew from forming on my seats !!! (I'll probably need a case of this product but it sure beats fighting mildew all season.)

Malt Ball Centers (1 Pound Bag)
Malt Ball Centers (1 Pound Bag)
Offered by Marigold's Chocolate House
Price: $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Love These - Great by Themselves or with Ice Cream !!!, May 28, 2014
UPDATE: Warning, these unbelievably delicious little bits of heaven can be extremely addicting - LOL !!! Also, I just had a great idea - if they don't already offer an auto-replenishment option for these malt ball centers I think they need to add the option so I never run out !!! LOL !!!!

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I happen to LOVE malt ball centers and can't wait to get past the chocolate outside to reach those yummy centers. That makes these "naked" malt ball centers perfect for me. If you're like me you too will LOVE these. They're crunchy and delicious.

They are great right out of the bag - I like to let them melt in my mouth and really enjoy the flavor. They are also good crushed-up just a bit and served over either chocolate or vanilla ice cream. And since we're all on a diet, I won't even mention that a handful of these blended with some ice cream (again, chocolate or vanilla) in my Ninja blender single serving cup is a super fast, heavenly treat. (You'll need to add a touch of milk to get things blending smoothly.)

If you're like me & can't wait to get past the chocolate to get to the center of a malt ball - get these today & your wait is over !!!

Ocean Kayak Scrambler 11 Sit-On-Top Recreational Kayak
Ocean Kayak Scrambler 11 Sit-On-Top Recreational Kayak
Price: $599.95 - $650.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Ocean Kayak Scrambler !!!, May 19, 2014
I own three Scramblers and absolutely love them for my application which is ocean and bay kayaking. The Scrambler is the perfect size, weight, and hull design for me. I use them to kayak in the Atlantic Ocean paralleling the coast for a few miles at a time. I also use them on the bay for relaxing scenic trips enabling me to get close-up looks at all of the bay and shore life (herons, osprey, various other shore birds, wild ponies of Assateague Island, etc.)

The Ocean Kayak Scrambler provides a perfect sized seat and perfect sized leg room for me at around 180 lbs and 5'9". The Scrambler also is not too heavy for me to easily handle picking it up out of the water and car-topping it myself. The sit-on-top design is perfect for taking on waves in the surf and draining directly through the scupper holes. The hull design, although not a sleek/fast design is perfect for cutting through the ocean waves and swells on the bay. The Scrambler tracks fairly nicely. If you're a novice looking at the Scrambler, I can tell you that everyone I've ever taken out for the first time almost instantly / intuitively knew how to handle the Scrambler. It's very easy to use for first time paddlers.

The hull design makes the Scrambler especially stable. Of all the kayaks I've used this has got to be the most stable hull design I've ever encountered. I was almost going to say (for the sake of beginners) I have never even accidentally flipped the Scrambler (although I have frequently flipped it intentionally to illustrate the stability and re-entry procedures to newcomers. However, thinking back over the years I have been wiped out by a couple waves crashing broadside into my Scrambler (all part of the fun).

I totally abuse my Scramblers dragging them over sand and pebbles, leaving them out on my kayak racks 24/7 all year around exposing them to year 'round weather and the sun. They are holding up like "champs" to the UV exposure without any signs of becoming brittle and cracking. They do fade a bit when mistreated the way mine are, however, it does not affect their performance in any way. I'm half expecting that after leaving my oldest one out year 'round for many years that it will crack one of these days, but it hasn't after around twelve years in the sun. If my oldest Scrambler ever gave in to UV exposure and cracks, I would immediately buy another of the exact same kayak.

Love these kayaks - for my application and my size these are perfect. Have gotten many years of service out of them despite totally abusing them with UV exposure. Great for beginners and experienced kayakers and obviously, the sit-on-top design is perfect for attacking the surf.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2015 5:35 AM PST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16