Profile for ERICE > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 60

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

ERICE RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Trophy Ridge Micro Alpha V5 Left Hand Sight
Trophy Ridge Micro Alpha V5 Left Hand Sight
Price: $118.99
5 used & new from $118.99

4.0 out of 5 stars get that Trophy, July 30, 2014
so far, so good.
I already had a V3 so I pretty much knew what to expect. I only needed to go to a 5 pin b/c I'm going after elk this year and need to be able to take shots out to 60+ yards, so I needed the extra 2 pins.

Easy to use and set up, dummy proof, great visibility, all in all a very good sight for the money. I haven't had it long enough to judge its durability which is the only reason it's only getting 4 stars; after the season I'll re-visit this review and give an update. Well worth the $ IMO

Hazardous Duty (A Presidential Agent Novel Book 8)
Hazardous Duty (A Presidential Agent Novel Book 8)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars God-awful, June 13, 2014
One star only because it is required to post a review...
A continuous kamikaze-like head first full on nose dive into the flaming wreckage of a once promising series.
Way too much trite, simpering dialogue. This book was an absolute chore to get through. No rhythm at all, no real plot to even speak of. Just endless predictable banter with zero point or purpose. The book has no missions for our 'heroes' to tackle, so the book is really just a cartoonish comic book character episode.

Carbon Express 55515 XT 4-Blade Broadhead, 100 Grain Weight, 3-Pack
Carbon Express 55515 XT 4-Blade Broadhead, 100 Grain Weight, 3-Pack
Offered by thecrossbowstore
Price: $17.99
21 used & new from $12.00

3.0 out of 5 stars SOLID value, May 12, 2014
I bought these as a trial run leading up to pulling the trigger on $80 SOLIDs. I figured if they flew well and I liked the general (non-hunting) performance, then I would go ahead and move up in quality.

Out of the box, I was pretty impressed with the sharpness and general quality of design and fit. I put one on my Victory V3 shafts (my shaft of choice for 3D shooting) and let her fly at 25 yards. Hit 1" below dead center. Shot again, same result. Got really nice penetration, equal to or even exceeding my field tips in my BLOCK target. Maybe 2/3 deep with approximately 4" sticking out the back of the target.

I let a 3rd shot go, and hit dead center, which unfortunately is a bit wore out in my target. The arrow sliced most of the way to the fletchings through the block and hit the 5/8" particle board piece of subfloor I have behind my indoor target. This is where things started to get a bit dicey.

The arrow hit with enough force to bury itself to the tip of the ferrule. It took some wiggling, but I was able to extract the head. Once that was done, I examined for damage. The main blade(s) were fine - still razor sharp and did not appear bent at all.

However, the leading edge on the bleeder blade was peeled back 90* in opposite directions on either side of the ferrule. Not having taken a head apart yet, it looks as though the bleeder blade may actually be 2 separate pieces of metal (or more likely; they cut a significant notch or slot out to fit against the inner "V".) Anyhow, the bleeder appears to be of cheaper steel compared to the main blade; either that or that slot is an inherent weak spot.

All in all, it's a sharp piece of steel and flies great. I just wish it were more durable; but at this price it's hard to argue. Many high priced mechanical heads are only good for one animal (not reliably re-usable) so even if you destroy one of these on an animal you're only out $7 or so.

I'm still going to shoot SOLIDs this elk season, but I wouldn't hesitate to use these Carbon Express XTs on deer, especially if you're on a budget.

Brooks Mens PureConnect Running Shoes Color: Slam/Shdw/Blk/MetSlvr Size: 12.0
Brooks Mens PureConnect Running Shoes Color: Slam/Shdw/Blk/MetSlvr Size: 12.0

5.0 out of 5 stars great comfort, April 20, 2014
my absolute favorite shoe. I have 2 pairs (different colors) and I wear them almost every day. They fit like a glove, wear like a dream, and look sharp. Very nice

Tru-Fire Hardcore Buckle Foldback Release
Tru-Fire Hardcore Buckle Foldback Release
Price: $74.99
17 used & new from $73.68

4.0 out of 5 stars really nice, April 20, 2014
this is the first non-caliper release I've used, and after one season I have to say it did its job. It's very comfortable, quiet, and dependable in all weather. My only beef is that it seems to torque the string a bit which resulted in rotating peep, but that could also be a influenced by the string getting broken in.

Once I started using it I noticed tighter groups, especially at distance.

Summit Bucksteps
Summit Bucksteps
Offered by Purchase Corner
Price: $170.72

2.0 out of 5 stars well made but..., April 20, 2014
This review is from: Summit Bucksteps (Sports)
let me start off by saying I am a HUGE Summit fan. I have 2 of their stand models and love them both.
However, these steps are not for me. On bigger trees they have such a narrow fulcrum that they are just not stable or safe. Narrow trees are probably OK, but I don't like using narrow trees if I can help it for obvious reasons. There are much better options out there (muddy, lone wolf, etc.)

Pet Gear Travel Lite Steel Crate for cats and dogs up to 90-pounds, 42-inch, Pet Crate, Black
Price: $171.99
4 used & new from $169.95

3.0 out of 5 stars no match for my puppy, April 20, 2014
My 65lb giant schnauzer pup broke out of this last week and bent the heck out of the gate doing it.
If your dog is calm and doesn't really mind being crated, this cage is probably a good buy. It is mobile, light, and easy to set up. I like that the top opens up. I also really like the plastic bottom (easy to clean up accidents.)

But it's not quite strong enough for really determined escape artists weighing much less (1/3) than the stated rating. So, it gets 3 stars.

Classic Accessories 80-174-141001-00 Overdrive PolyPro 1 RV Cover for up to 20' Travel Trailer

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, April 20, 2014
ripped apart in the first storm. My camper doesn't even have any sharp edges and it still shredded. Get what you pay for.

We're the Millers [HD]
We're the Millers [HD]
DVD

3.0 out of 5 stars Mindless fun. Good weeknight popcorn movie., March 30, 2014
Mindless fun. Not super quotable, but a weeknight popcorn movie.
worth a redbox or on demand purchase. Definitely not suitable for pg-13 and under

The After [HD]
The After [HD]
DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars left me wanting more, February 20, 2014
guess that's what a pilot is supposed to do, right?
be ready for a definite WTF moment at the end. That's about all I can say w/o spoiling it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6